Start by marking “Badge and a Saddle” as Want to Read:
Badge and a Saddle

Badge and a Saddle

(Heroes in the Saddle #2)

When the missing person he’s been searching for strolls right into his house, Detective Rex Tarrow’s investigation takes a wild U-turn. Astronomer Mina Cooper’s unexpected reappearance plunges the two of them deep into intrigue and murder, triggering a dangerous game of hide-and-seek.

Thrust together into hiding, they discover a powerful connection, and explore the surprisi
Published May 10th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Badge and a Saddle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Badge and a Saddle

Sabine Honig
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Badge and a Saddle is the second book in the Heroes in the Saddle series by Randi Alexander and it has a sexy law abiding cowboy detective and a geeky on the run scientist!

Rex Tarrow is investigating the disappearance of astronomer Mina Cooper, when the unthinkable happens, she turns up on his doorstep. She has secrets and is on the run, doesn’t know who to trust and takes a chance that she can trust Rex. Even so, she only trusts him so far.

Rex and Mina go on the run to try and work out what is
CassandraG
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You like Rex and Mina when you meet them. It had quips and some action that held your attention from the beginning. They were fun characters and you liked them a lot. They definitely knew how to handle one another and any situation that might pop up. It was fast paced, interesting and a nice treat. So if you get a chance, check it out and enjoy
Bernie
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Badge and Saddle is the second book in the Heroes in the Saddle series written by author Randi Alexander.
Marissa Michaelsen
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Makes you wanna be very good at being bad for this cowboy.
Janna
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Randi Alexander - Badge and a Saddle – Rex & Mina (Heroes in the Saddle Book 2)

We met Rex Tarrow in book 1 since he is friends with Trevin AND Clint (book 1, 2 & 3). Rex is a Detective with the Missing Person for Dallas PD. Rex’s current case is Dr. Mina Cooper an Astronomer and professor in Austin. She has been missing for 5 days and last seen in the Dallas area. And that is how Rex and his partner as assigned this case.

Mina saw something she wasn’t supposed to see, multiple PD and civ
Mary Morris
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Badge in the Saddle, Heroes in the Saddle Book 2, by Randi Alexander, is a great read! I’ve read several of Ms. Alexander’s books and she does not disappoint. This is the story of Detective, Rex Tarrow, and Astronomer, Mina Cooper, and is full of action, adventure, intrigue, and of course romance. Though they are very different people, the chemistry between Rex and Mina ramps up the sexual tension. Rex, a sexy, rugged cowboy who is slow to trust is put to the test by Dr. Mina and others around h ...more
BookSnuggle
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Badge and a Saddle by Randi Alexander is book number two in the Heroes in the Saddle series. This Detective Rex Tarrow and Astronomer Mina Cooper's story.

Rex is investigating Mina's disappearance. One night she appears at his house. They go in hiding so that Rex can keep Mina safe and hopefully figure out who is out to get her. The chemistry between Rex and and Mina is hot. Will they take a chance on love? Since Mina hasn't given Rex all the information on her disappearance will this destroy the
Gail
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Badge & Saddle, Randi Alexander

Randi has done it again, with a well crafted short story. Murder, a little mystery, throw in some intrigue, along with a couple who can't seem to keep their hands off each other and this is a winner! This may be a short story, but it's packed with everything a reader could possibly want.

Rex Tarrow, a rookie detective, working on a missing persons case is frustrated and losing sleep, when the missing person shows up at his door. Dr. Mina Cooper is running for h
Ruth
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I love how Mina shows up at Rex's door and throws his live into a spin. It is one turn after another.

Mina is a missing person that Detective Rex is looking for. One night she just shows up on his back door step. He wants to call it in that he found her but she will not let him as she thinks there is a dirty cop after her. Now Rex has to help her and get to the bottom of what is going on. He also needs to keep his hands off Mina.
Mina should tell Rex everything but she is not
Jennie Fortna
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rex is a detective with Missing Persons and is looking for Professor Mina Cooper, but when she shows up at his door totally unexpected the investigation take a wide left turn….he has to keep her safe and find out who is after her and wants her dead.

Mina isn’t sure she can trust anyone, even Rex so she keeps some things to herself which gets them almost killed. When the truth comes out Rex discovers that no one can be trusted and he turns his back on Mina even though they have a deep connection.

W
Kim
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rex is a straight shooting detective with one rule – don't lie, no fibs, nuh -uh. Mina is a sexy professor on the run and she has to turn to someone, she searches out Rex for help. Mina just kept surprising Rex with how smart she was staying ahead of trouble and Mina had to accept that by turning to Rex meant that she would trust him to protect her and keep her safe. The passion was ramping up as they tried to be professional, until the dam breaks and they give in.

It's all ranch hands on deck a
PepperP0t
Vegetarian astronomer, Dr. Mina Cooper's disappearance from a turkey hunt baffles Detective Rex Tarrow for so many reasons. He's also puzzled when a poorly disguised Mina shows up at his house with an intriguing but incomplete tale of conspiracy and murder. Chief among the questions and thoughts swirling in Rex's head is to get and keep the gorgeous redhead alive and safe.

Definitely not a damsel in distress Mina did her bit for keeping herself safe and Rex's cowboy was not a slouch as their roma
Tanya Brown
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Randi Alexander gives us some more cowboy justice in the form of a new rookie detective Rex, his step-uncle, a retired sheriff and his 2 buds, an EMT and firefighter. Dr. Mina Cooper is on the run after video taping a shooting/murder with a camera on her telescope. She teams up with Rex after being missing for 5 days. Not allowing him to get help from the precinct. Not trusting any cop but him. Rex hides her out at his ranch his uncle still lives on and calls in reinforcements from his buddies. ...more
Debs
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-s-gift
Randi Alexander has given us another hot read in "Badge and a Saddle". An astronomer and a cowboy detective, Mina and Rex seem an unlikely pair. Rex was one hot sexy detective, but in the saddle? When he was on his ranch protecting Mina, he just oozes protector and sexy cowboy. Romance, mystery and suspense, a few twists with a HEA, this short read is one to put on your reading list. Thank you to the author for gifting me with "Badge and a Saddle" and asking for my honest opinion. This is mine. ...more
Margaret McGovern
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good contemporary law enforcement with a western theme in it. Mina is a doctor or astrology and witnessed a murder in which law enforcement were involved. She ran and ended up on Rex's door step. He's only been a detective a short time but knows he has to help her. There is intrigue, suspense an old fashioned shoot out and romance. The author did a good job drawing the reader into this stand-alone short story. I received a complementary copy of this book and chose to write a review. I look ...more
Taya Wellington
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy of this book!
This was a fast paced story, had a lot of intrigue for such a short book. Rex and Mina meet when Rex's neighbor Jeb brings her over to Rex's house. She is a missing person according to the Austin police. She claims that she witnessed policemen killing an individual and she has it on camera and she is on the run from them. The story takes off from there.
Rex is a rookie detective and Mina is an astronomer.
They have wicked chemistry but
S
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved the thriller and suspense that Randi weaved in Badge and Saddle as it made reading the book very exciting as you want to find out the secret that Mina is keeping from Rex and if I was in her shoes I would too have kept that secret.

Love the heroes in the saddle books as its exciting read about the characters from the first book Hot in the Saddle just to see where there at and its good news for the couple Treven and Delta

I am voluntarily reviewing a book gifted to me by the author with no ob
Izzy Ferreira
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Badge and a Sadle is the second instalment of Heroes in the Saddle. I have read the first and third books and this one feels very different. There a more complex building of the characters and the story. I love all the hot scenes on all the books but this one has few of them and instead you get the build up of the feelings between Rex and Mina. I don't want to give away any spoilers but it's very much worth a read.
Vickie Raynor
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The suspense started immediately and the story captivated me from that point on. The characters were believable, and I felt like I was right there with them. Rex and Mina captured my heart and Bennett was an added bonus that kept me laughing. Not to mention it was nice to revisit with some friends from book one. It ended great, but I didn't want it to end! The author did an amazing job. This book was gifted to me.
Jacky
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A quick short story heavier on the romance, with a couple of steamy, sexy scenes.

Rex and Mina's story seems like it was a little longer than Hot in the Saddle. I liked the elements of mystery and suspense while Rex and Bennett tried to figure out who was after Mina. Between Mine's little secret, and Rex's sense of duty, you get that touch of angst.

An entertaining afternoon read that I would definitely recommend.

I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.

Elaine Swinney
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great story from Randi Alexander. A well written story, worth your time and effort. I got this one in the Cowboy Justice anthology and it was well worth it. I encourage you to get this book. A cop comes home to find someone who has been missing for five days. She has come to him for help, see how this develops into more. Randi Alexander has become one of my go to authors, I know when I see a book written by her that I will get a great story.
Carol Stalnaker
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rex and Mina's story is exciting with mystery and suspense wrapped up in their romance.  Rex, as the rookie detective, is handsome and very protective.  MIna, as the professor of astronomy on the run from the various law enforcement officers mixed up in a plot, is beautiful and resourceful.  This is a page turner that kept me involved in solving the mystery.

Eileen
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Page turner

If you like intelligent heroines in trouble and sexy cops that happen to be good dedicated cowboys this is for you. Intrigue, deception and hot sex leave you wanting for more. Just like all of this author's work, it's a must read. Hard to put down once you start.
Jane
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!! Itwas a really quick read but packs a punch! Rex and Mina were HOT right off the bat. This story had a little bit of everything in it. It was steamy, suspenseful and exciting. Highly recommended read!!
LaGina
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, this one was alittle different then the first one and love when an author can switch it up on me like that. It keeps me wanting more. Even with the murder mystery element the couple still wotn able to keep their hands off of each other. I cant wait to read the next book.
Pauline Frost
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and you cannot go wrong reading a Randi Alexander story. A quick read that is well written pulling you in from the start. Amazing characters and the connection between Rex and Mina is strong. Full of action and adventure.
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A steamy, intriguing, and captivating short cowboy romance with plenty of suspense, secrets, danger, conspiracy, murder, sizzling chemistry, twists and turns, passion, and so much more.

I volunteered to review an advanced readers copy of this book.
Linda Rimer-Como
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Interesting addition to the series, full of mystery and suspense. The story line keeps you enthralled from start to finish and the characters are amazing. The chemistry between Rex and Mina grows as he tries to keep her safe from harm. Loved this story and look forward in this series.
Susy
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ugghh took me forever to finish this book...didn't have the patience to get to the good part. Took too long for story to develop. I loved Rex but found Mia soooooo boring and silly.
Charlene
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh
Randi Alexander writes smokin' hot romance with heroes who'll have you begging to ride off into the sunset with them. When she's not dreaming of, or writing about, rugged cowboys, Randi is biking trails along remote rivers, snorkeling the Gulf of Mexico, or practicing her drumming in hopes of someday forming a tropical rock-band.
Forever an adventurous spirit with a romantic imagination, Randi is a

Heroes in the Saddle (3 books)
  • Hot in the Saddle
  • Saddle and a Siren (Hell Yeah!; Heroes in the Saddle #3)