Start by marking “Before You” as Want to Read:
Before You

Before You

When life in the fast lane threatens to implode …

Melanie Hunt’s job working for the Delta racing team means she is constantly rubbing shoulders with Formula One superstars in glamorous locations like Monte Carlo. But she has already learned that keeping a professional distance is crucial if she doesn’t want to get hurt.

New Delta team driver Aiden Foster lives his life
Published June 21st 2016 by Choc Lit

To ask other readers questions about Before You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before You

Start your review of Before You
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I should probably mention before I get into the review proper that I am a huge romance book fan in addition to being a massive Formula 1 fan, and so to have them combined in the way they have in this book has been brilliant for me.

This is one those books that really resonated with me on a few levels, partly due to my love of Formula 1 and sexy racing drivers are always a bonus, partly due to trying to move into a publicity role myself, so could understand elements of Melanie's job, and also
Karen Mace
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this via the publishers, Choc Lit, and NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review.

Makes such a nice change to read a book set in a different setting to the norm and this was a treat from start to finish!

The world of F1 racing has always been a male dominated sport, something Melanie Hunt knows too well as a female press officer and having to deal with the egos and attitudes of all those involved in the sport. But she's learnt to stand up for herself and always does her
Susan Duthie
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book is well written and the author has done a lot of research on the motor racing circuit. I enjoyed the love story of press officer Mel and racing driver Aiden, as they toured the world. The attraction to each other was very obvious. Aiden has a troubled past and is trying to live up to his father's racing history. Mel has no confidence in herself after previously being ditched by another racing driver. Hopefully with the help of each other they can overcome the past and have a lasting ...more
Boekenfans
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Given by Choc Lit (www.facebook.com/groups/boekenfans reading panel)

REVIEW

WRITTEN BY Ilse Van Thielen

REVIEW Before you by Kathryn Freeman
Melanie Hunt is the Delta press officer and has a crush on Aiden. She
Joanna Lambert
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aiden Foster, F1 driver and son of five times world champion Sebastian has just joined his father’s old team Delta. Trying to live up to his dead father’s image and a childhood which saw him abandoned by both parents, he’s carrying a lot of emotional baggage as well as a well-earned reputation with women.
Press Officer Melanie Hunt still misses her parents, killed in a car crash when she was eighteen. Attracted to this drop dead gorgeous addition to the Delta team, she is none too impressed with
Kim
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Kathryn Freeman and she made me ‘interested’ in the Formula One scene. It features sexy drivers and romance- thrills a minute. Melanie and Aiden are attracted to each other. Melanie is one of the press officers and Aiden is a new driver on the scene. It gives an insight into the glitzy but gritty racing circuit.
The characters were well fleshed out and the setting very unusual for me- which made for an entertaining read. It was another great Choc Lit read.
I finished this
Sophie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I pre-ordered this book back in May and as it happened the moment I chose to read it coincided with the Formula One summer break, which was perfect timing as Before You is a contemporary romance set in the F1 world and reading this book was a great way to spend a weekend sadly lacking in real-life F1 race action.

I really loved this book. It had all the components of a brilliant romance novel for me – characters you could truly believe in, realistic conflict, idealistic locations and a romance
BookWorm
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was pretty cute. I liked that the relationship between Mel and Aiden flowed at a natural pace. And the F1 theme was balanced really well. It was interesting but never overbearing.

Aiden was a more complex character than we often see for a 'hero'. He wasn't relying only on good looks and charm. Mel was ok but she did cry too much and read way too much into insignificant things. But overall I enjoyed the multi-layered story and finished the book quickly.
Linda
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written book, Both Aiden and Mel were struggling with insecurities from their past but their attraction to each other and the chemistry between them was obvious. Mel was frustrating at times but overall a good read.
JoAnn
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before You is a well written romance. Loved the racing aspect. I anticipate reading more by this author.
Anniek
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Melanie, or Mel, has been on her own since she was 18 years old. Due to a tragic accident she became an orphan. Mel worked hard to get her degree and now works for the Delta racing team. As a PR-worker she is responsible for the interviews and the press releases of their drivers Stefano and Aiden. Mel is very close to Frank, who has been employed by Delta for a very long time, and his wife Nancy. Mel sees them as her surrogate parents.

Aiden has been racing since six years, but has yet to win a
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Melanie’s been burned before and she’s not looking for a repeat performance. Her job dealing with publicity for the Delta racing team puts her in close contact with some of the hottest, most intense and death defying, danger loving men around. And while the newest team driver might be charming, sexy and pull on her emotions a bit – she’s not going down that road with another driver ever again.

Aiden is chasing an elusive dream. He needs a Formula One Championship. He’
Michelle Ryles
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to be a Formula One fan to enjoy Before You, but if you're glued to the tv when there's a race on then you're going to absolutely love this. Needless to say, with my love of F1, I whizzed through it like Jenson Button in a half-decent car. Kathryn Freeman has certainly done her homework; it was impeccably researched without getting too involved for non-racing fans. In fact the racing/romance story was as well balanced as Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes. I have to give a special mention ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Before You, (Choc Lit), Kathryn Freeman

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance,

I’ve read and enjoyed several books from Choc Lit now, it seems what they publish almost always suits what I want to read– that makes choosing so much easier :-) This one proved a hit too.

Mel was a great lead– I really liked her. She’d been through a lot with her parents both dying when she was just 18, she’d not got any other family, but instead of curling up and givingin she pulled herself through and
Isabell
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookbeat
Originally posted on Dreaming with Open Eyes

I kindly received Before You in exchange of an honest review by the author.

Actual Rating = 4.5

When I read Before You was set in the world of Formula 1 I was so head over heels to read it! Since Chasing Daisy (by Paige Toon) I was looking for similar stories. I LOVE Formula 1. I am a fan of motorsport since I was a little kid. So I was hopeful this novel would give some insight to the world of Formula One and it does, brilliantly, and I loved it.

From
Ilse
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Car drivers are a brand with an image to be maintained. Aiden Foster is racing for the same team, Delta, as his father Sebastian who died in a crash. People expect hi mto be as good as his father who won the World Championship 5 times. And Aiden is struggling to live up to the expectations. Melanie Hunt is the Delta press officer and has a crush on Aiden. She has a way of seeing past the facade, right into the core of a person. But Aiden can’t get distracted if he ever wants to win a World ...more
Sorcha O'Dowd
SO. MUCH. LOVE!

Before You was everything I hoped for, and so much more. Sexy, funny, romantic and glamorous, I devoured Aiden and Mel’s story, and was sad to leave it behind as I turned the last page.

I don’t know a huge amount about Formula One, but that didn’t affect my enjoyment of the book at all – Kathryn Freeman did a fantastic job at setting the scene, introducing us to the characters, the team at Delta, and the jobs they all had to do in a way that made it exciting to read; I understood a
Arantxa Herrera
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 5/5 stars. Let me tell you why.

This book follows the story of Melanie Hunt, a press officer for one of the F1's team Delta, She has to deal with nosy journalists and all but she finds herself pulled out of her comfort zone when the newest racer of the team, Aiden Foster, son of F1 Legend, Seb Foster, joins. Both Melanie and Aiden have been through their own amount of bad things but they somehow end up being exactly what eachother need.

I must say I am really surprised of how this
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Melanie has been through a a lot and she is finally getting over a relationship that cut her deep. She is not dating and its not on her radar and she is ready to take her job as a publicists for the best racing team to the max and show the newest racer life can be great with them. Aiden is following in his dad's footsteps or at least thats what everyone keeps asking him. To Aiden he is doing what he loves and enjoying life. When life hands him a bunch of distractions he wonders if he could ...more
Tracey
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession - I don't like Formula One. There, I said it. However, I loved this book! I figured if I gave Tom Cruise a chance to win me over to the car side in Days of Thunder (because, hello, Tom Cruise!) then surely I should give this book a chance, especially as I've enjoyed books by this Publisher. Kathryn Freeman, you won me over big time.
Yes there's cars and racing and mechanics. But also the author created brilliant characterisation and a story to keep you hooked.
Melanie Hunt is
Ann Cooper
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I always jump for joy when a new Choc Lit title appears and, as always, I wasn't disappointed. Kathryn is obviously a lover of F1, as am I, and I loved this book set against a season in the racing calendar.

Poor Melanie is the press officer for Delta Racing and has been hurt by a previous relationship with a driver. But she can't deny her attraction to the handsome and charming Aiden Foster, the new driver with Delta. And fears to get involved because of her past experience.

Aiden is carrying the
Brenda
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Formulae One racing season is not the usual backdrop to a romantic novel, but in Before You, it works perfectly by adding tension, an enormous legacy and seemingly insurmountable barriers both emotionally and physically for Aiden Foster, racing driver, and Melanie Hunt, the Delta Team’s press officer, to overcome if their relationship is to stand a chance.

Both have unknowingly built protective walls around their hearts, and both have to learn how to take them down. Luckily they can learn from
hanghuhn
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a girlfriend of a Formula One and Nascar-Fan I was quite familiar with the topic. In my opinion Kathryn Freeman, the author, did a really good job with this book. While reading it I was drawn into the story of Aiden and his press officer Mel. There is this tension when Aiden is in a race. There are his struggles when it comes to his father, a very successful racing driver and multiple time worldchampion. Aidan, the womaniser, falls in love with his press officer, who is afraid of being hurt ...more
Els
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book has everything I like in this genre. It has misunderstandings, heartbreak, humour and a happy ending. It was romantic but not sugary sweet.
I also liked that it had a different setting and although there is a little glitter and glamour in the picture, there is also much more.
It was easy you put yourself in the shoes of the main characters and that makes you feel more connected.
Was there someting I missed? Yes, I hoped for some description of two important events in Mels and Aidens
Clare Chase
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I whizzed through this life-affirming book. It has all the elements of a good love story, and I really liked the way each of the characters moved forward, tacking their own demons and affecting each other in unexpected ways. I know almost nothing about motor racing, and found the details of the sport, and life on the road, fascinating. The vivid descriptions of the grand prix locations were hugely enjoyable too and I was gripped by the race scenes. All of these details were integral to the ...more
Sascha
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Yay! Another summer read to add to your pile if you like romance with a good bit of story attached. Before You by Kathryn Freeman is perfect for reading at the beach or the park or perhaps on your deck or patio with a nice beverage of your choosing.

Melanie Hunt is a publicist with Delta, a formula one racing team. Aiden Foster is their new driver, coming over from another team to join the one his father drove for years earlier. His goal is to finally win a championship; hers is to stay as far
Angela Britnell
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book despite not being a racing fan! The author brought to life a world I knew very little about and drew me in with the exotic locations that were so much a part of the story. An extremely handsome, charming hero with emotional baggage from his difficult childhood, I fell more than a little in love with Aiden. Melanie has sworn off becoming involved with any of the drivers she works with after being humiliated by her ex-boyfriend, another champion driver. But the ...more
Abby
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Aiden was definitely an interesting character, it as gratifying to see how he changed over the course of the book. And Melanie was lovely. Honestly, they both changed for the better as their relationship evolved. The character development was done well and it added depth to the story that made it feel worthwhile as well as enjoyable.
Jessica
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, net-galley
*ARC Received from NetGalley in exchange for honest review*

I liked this book but it definitely wasn't my favorite. The plot is paced pretty slow which I didn't think was necessary. Also, Mel, the female protagonist, is constantly crying which was a little annoying and she's so insecure. It's a constant wish-wash of decision. She wants to be with Aiden then she doesn't. I was not a fan of this but I'm sure other people liked it more.
Paula D
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when your a professional race care driver and everyone compares you to your father who died when you were really young? Aiden I felt sorry for him but then there are times I wanted to just yell at him! Mel his press officer and has a crush on Aiden but knows his type well she think she does. Should Aiden confide to Mel? Should Mel put her boards down for Aiden? Drama, little suspense. Great romance novel ! Loved the ending! 5/5 I reviewed this for a unbiased review

• Escape to the Country
  • A Vintage Summer
  • The Little Village of Happiness
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane Series, Book 1)
  • Foxglove Farm
  • The House at Greenacres
  • The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay
  • The Sunday Lunch Club
  • Two Weddings and a Baby
  • Diamond Head
  • A Wedding in December
  • Farewell Apathy (Farewell Apathy, #1)
  • Summer at the Kindness Cafe
  • A Patchwork Family - Part One: Moving On
  • Dreaming of Tuscany
  • A Patchwork Family - Part Two: Dreaming Big
I was born in Wallingford, England and have spent most of my life living in a village outside Windsor. A former pharmacist, former pharmaceutical industry employee I’m now a self-employed medical writer who also loves to write romance. Some days a racing heart is a medical condition, others it’s the reaction to a hunky hero…

I’ve two teenage boys and a husband who asks every Valentine’s Day