Start by marking “Marked: Winter (Blood Courtesans)” as Want to Read:
Marked: Winter (Blood Courtesans)

Marked: Winter

(Blood Courtesans)

Welcome to the Shadow World… where vampires are real and blood is a financial asset. This is the world I live in.

Being the baby sister in a family chock-full of slayers isn’t easy. My entire life, I’ve watched my brothers venture out into the darkness to hunt the things that prey on the innocent. Vampires are evil, they tell me, but they refuse to let me fight.

Now, my be
Published June 7th 2016 by Secret Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about Marked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marked

Start your review of Marked: Winter (Blood Courtesans)
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS SERIES UNLESS YOU CAN GET IT FREE!!

I don't usually say this but all this 5 star reviews are suspect!! The heroine of the story Amelia Winters is to stupid to be believable. She becomes a Blood Courtesan to pay off her friends Tessa's debts who is addicted to being bite by vampires and there blood. OK first clue that Amelia/ Winter's is stupid is you don't put your own life on the line for a junky!! Second you are 22 years old and just in the 2nd year of coll
Lisa Medley
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-books
Sexy and intoxicating…as any good vampire story should be.

MARKED puts a cool twist on the vampire story with the introduction of courtesans. I was immediately intrigued with the idea and quickly found myself swept up in Ethen’s pull. Vampire or not, his mysterious, bad boy businessman vibe is sexy as hell. If this is the new world of vampires, sign me up.

Don't miss this one!
Debbie Herbert
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amelia Winter is a heroine you can't help but love. She's fiercely loyal to friends and family and admits her fear - but does the heroic thing anyway. When she sees her best friend's life in danger, she puts her own on the line to help her.

Ethen Rune has all the attributes you would expect in a classic romance - rich, handsome, and powerful. I love how the heroine taps into his dark history and understands him, bringing light and warmth to his silent and cold existence.

Five stars!
angela
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great

Sticking with the excellence of the other courtesan books I've read so far, this one has not disappointed. It was excellent, full of excitement and falling in love, while finding ways around their problems. Really good books.
Dmcl
Nov 27, 2017 added it
Love the Blood Courtesans and Gwen Knight’s contribution is full of passion, action, heartbreak and reconciliation. If you love vampires and paranormal romance with a happy ending, read this and then read them all.
Cherri-Anne
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Don’t fall for the vampire… 10 BLOODY FANGS

Your scent, your voice, your blood… I find everything about you captivating. *swooooon* "If I was about to enter the shadow world of vampires and blood courtesans, then, yes, I wanted the whole story." YES! YES! YES! ahem Yes, please Gwen, tell me WHOLE story!! What I wouldn't give to be a Blood Courtesan!! *dreamy sigh* HOLY CRICKETS!! Now THIS is one BLOODY FANGTACULAR & VAMPIREIFIC book!! I ABSO-FANG-LUTELY love, Love, LOVE this book! I love EVERYTHI
Gwen Sargeant
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First off, I could NOT put this book down. I started right before I went to bed and woke up about midnight, I had to continue reading. Before I knew it, 2am was upon me. The book was a lovely story between Amelia and Ethen in their quest to fulfill a contract. I haven't read anything of Gwen Knight before so I had no clue what to expect. I was very impressed with the storyline and ending and I believe you will be as well. I love this genre of books and hope to read more of Gwen Knight in the fut ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
May 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
Winter and Ethen

Marked: A Blood Courtesans Novel by Gwen Knight and Michelle Fox

Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I find it’s those dearest to you who always end up hurting you.”

Amelia Winter, baby sister in a family of Chicago slayers, is about to go where no one in her family has gone: to become a blood courtesan to help her BFF out of a jam with another vampire. This is the last thing she wants to do...or is it? Her contract with Ethen Rune could be an education all in itself, if she survives it.

This is another of the blood courtesan series edited by Michelle Foxx and written by Gwen Knight. Its interes
Tabi Ann
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing

What would you be willing to do to save a friend? Would you give up your life for another? Go against everything your family has stood for? Those are the things that our lovely Winter has to decide for herself. This story was one of those rollercoaster rides where you were not sure where you were going to go next. Who was bad, who was good? Would these people get out alive?

If you live books that make you laugh, cry, and scream like me, then this is the perfect book for you. You will n
Karen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Young and stupid

When Winter's best friend becomes indebted to a ruthless vampire through a series of bad decisions, she asks Winter for help. They hatch a plan for Winter to become a blood courtesan to earn enough money to repay the debt rather than going to Winter's slayer family for help.

Ethan doesn't usually attend auctions or bid on the offerings, but he's instantly attracted to Winter. He wins the bid, takes her home and things move very slowly, until near the end. Then the story goes into
Lauren
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good and quick read

This book was perfect for a lazy day read. I’ve already read a few books from the Blood Courtesan series and none are the same. They are all unique in their own way. Winter was an incredible m, determined, and stubborn character. She took way too much responsibility on her shoulders and risked her own life for those she loves. It was enjoyable to read and the relationship with Ethen was pretty steamy with plenty of sexual tension in the beginning. Overall, it was a good vampir
Heidi
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I understand ppl think they have too lie tho protect themselves or others but the truth is always the best as winter realizes. I'm so glad the hard and lonely Ethan found love and Winter realized her slayer family aren't just ruthless killers only vamps that do wrong. Such a great story would have been nice tho continue a little further into Amelias story after what that ahole did. So good didn't put it down. Definitely going too check this author out.
Amber Koch
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book in this series

I really enjoyed that this book was different then the others I've read so far. I mean they all are different from eachother but this one had a very unique plot to me. I lived seeing the relationship evolve between winter and Ethan. Can't wait to get to the next.
Soledad Weaver
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love at first bite

This book was awesome. Very suspenseful, with many twists. I could not put it down. Ethan is the kind of vampire we all want to meet. Amelia is the good friend we all wished we had in our lives. Together they have built a life only they two deserve. This is a must read.⚘⚘⚘
Stacy
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Ethan and Winter are characters you can fall in love with. I loved this book. This is the 2nd blood courtesan book i have read. I am off to read the next one. Superb writing, great authors. A must read.
Terri West
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book was okay but not outstanding. I would have to question the H intelligence to be honest and the story itself is pretty much as old as time.
Worth a read if you want something light to go to bed on, however not much good if you want a good knife edge experience.
Beth C.
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect vampire romance book!

Great story with great characters. Full of suspense, danger, lust and plenty of steaminess. But underneath it all was friendship and loyalty and love. Thoroughly enjoyed this book!
JB
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I don’t like to give spoilers on the books that I read. I believe the blurb on the back is enough for you to decide if you will read the book or not. If you choose to read, enjoy!
Jennifer Erwin
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Another cute story in this multi-author series.
Patricia Burleson
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

Good book and full of action. Vampires , blood and love. Strong story line and strong characters. So grab your copy and enjoy reading.
Nancy Lent
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow,

I’ve only just started reading this series but this book is my absolute favorite! Fell in love with Ethen... lot of feelings
Aimarel
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy!

Ethen and Winter are dynamite together and I hope Tessa finds love in her own time. I love their story.
Maritza Knox
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loyalty

Strength, love, loyalty are what fuels the characters in this case. Danger, blood, and a mysterious vampire, what more can you ask for.
Monique
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just terribly cliched, one dimensional characters and a boringly predictable storyline. Don’t bother.
Mary aka scooby
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
a good read . Tess has gotten herself into trouble and Amelie does what ever best friend does she tries to help her. They hatch a plan for Amelie to become a blood courtesan . She must keep it a secret Her family are vampire slayers. Ethen is a vampire that never shows up at these auction as well as bids on anyone. There is a lot of mystery about Ethen . Things go horrible wrong and there too many secrets being kept.
Elle Richards
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ethen Rune is a centuries old vampire used to his solitude. He's wealthy and disciplined, he expects extreme competence from those around him. Amelia Winters is the baby sister to a family of vampire slayers, she was raised to hate all vampires. When Amelia's best friend Tessa has a near fatal encounter with a vampire, Amelia must enter the world of blood courtesans to save her friend's life. Blood courtesans are expected to seduce and satisfy their vampire sponsors. Can Amelia bring herself to ...more
Victoria
Originally posted at REVENGE OF THE FEELS

It has been quite some time since my last vampire novel and I must say, MARKED is one of the best vampire, paranormal romance novel I have ever read!

It is not easy to stand out from such a variety of novels, especially for vampire novels in the romance genre, yet Gwen Knight and Michelle Fox have not only successfully done just that, they have also made MARKED one of the best novel in terms of their characters, their story, and most importantly, their abi
RetiredHsMom
I'm torn between 3.5 and 4 stars so I'm rounding up to 4.

As the title says I was torn on how to rate this book. I found the beginning tedious and even stopped reading about half way through. After reading a dozen or so stories, I picked this one back up about 3 weeks later. I don't know if it was my mood or the story. Overall I enjoyed the author's writing style. I didn't catch any typos or glaring grammar issues. If they were there, they didn't pull me out of the story.

I'm not sure if I liked
Lisa
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
In my past book reviews, I usually state that I haven’t been a big fan of vampire novels, but I have to quit saying that now. There’s been quite a few books/series related to vampires that have rocked my world recently (VET series, Blood Rose series, and Forged of Fire most recently), and I think the Blood Courtesans series has pretty much drove the final nail in the coffin (pun intended) so that I can definitely say now that I’m a fan – when it’s done right. And I think Marked hits most of what ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Love Potions (Warlocks MacGregor, #1)
  • Unsuitable
  • Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Tell Me to Stop
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
  • Hopeless Bromantics (Love & Luck #4)
  • Forbidden Blood (Forbidden #1)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Stacking the Deck (The Kings: Wild Cards, #1)
  • Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)
  • The Blood Princess: Episode One
  • Dog Aliens 1: Raffle's Name (Dog Aliens #1)
  • Hekate's Chalice (Adept Solutions, #1)
  • Giorgio (Vigilance #1)
  • Dead by Morning (Rituals of the Night #1)
  • Infuriating (Elite Protection Services #4)

Blood Courtesans (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Reborn: Myra (Blood Courtesans)
  • Wanted: Corynne (Blood Courtesans)
  • Needed: Angel (Blood Courtesans)
  • Bitten: Nova (Blood Courtesans; Nova #1)
  • Ensnared: Star (Blood Courtesans, #5)
  • Taken: Nova (Blood Courtesans; Nova #2)
  • Resurrected: Nova (Blood Courtesans; Nova #3)
  • Stolen: Dakota (Blood Courtesans)
  • Resist: Anya (Blood Courtesans)
  • Fallen: Paige (Blood Courtesans)

News & Interviews