Start by marking “Mermaid Magic” as Want to Read:
Mermaid Magic

Mermaid Magic

(Mermaids #1)

Down in the watery blue depths of the ocean is Tingle Reef, home to young mermaid Rani and a whole host of fishy friends! It's an underwater world of magic and mystery—where Rani's adventures are about to begin. Rani has always known that she's different from the rest of her family. Her flowing red hair and glowing amber eyes stand out from the other mermaids, who have gol ...more
Published October 1st 2016 by Pan Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about Mermaid Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mermaid Magic

Siobhan
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those super cute children’s reads which will keep the young reader entertained for quite some time. It’s an engaging read, with a pace that leaves the child interested from the very first page until the ending where they will want to jump even further into stories written by Gwyneth Rees (of which there are some other good reads to pick between).
Tahsin C
One of other amazing book my friend recommended me in 5th grade! It was so awesome that I had to take it from the school library so many times that I lost count. It was pure fun and the whole story was so sweet and adventurous. :D
Grade5 Five
I chose this book because it sounds interesting. So far I am in chapter four page 40 . I like the way it is reating it is a good book.
Amber
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was very interesting I read the whole thing in one sitting. I do feel it could of been written slightly better but can't wait to read some more from this book series.
Peymy Tangchalermkul
This book is about a mermaid that was found as a baby in a giant clam shell. Then a mermaid found her so that mermaid kept her and love her like their own baby. She has one sister named Kai she is very happy to have a family. But she wanted to find her real family. A magical mermaid said that Rani is also a magical mermaid. Rani found a special stone that is made for her especially she can see that she has a twin brother but her mother and father died a long time ago. She set out with Morva the ...more
ember
Nov 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series when I was about 7 or so. I really enjoyed them at the time! These books bring back so many memories of my younger childhood! I remember I went on holidays during the school holidays to a beach, and I remember lying in bed, and reading these books. They were some of my favourites!
Sarah K
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children
Read this at about the age of 8 years old ( in the middle of a mad mermaid faze) and fell in absolute love. Love. Love. Love. That is all I can say about this book. It was utterly magical and it really did make my childhood special.Isn't it amazing how stories can play such a big part in your life? Wow. Thankyou so much Gwyneth Rees.
Jessica
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was literally my childhood. Since being really little and watching The Little Mermaid on VCR and having it on repeat I've loved mermaids. And I loved these mermaid books. The whole Rani Series was literally my life when I was younger. Just looking at this is so nostalgic, I love it.
Fatima
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago and it still remains one of my favourite books. I listened to it on audio and was upset when i reached the end. I felt like i was in the book because it was so well described.
Kluv
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When i was a child i hated reading. My sister recommended this book to me and as soon as i started reading it i was obsessed. First book i fell in love with and i recommend it for any child that likes to read. :)
Kash
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-childhood
Oh wow i remember reading this when I was around 10-12 and I really liked it.

I can't remember much now except this scene where there were two blond mermaids that could hear each others thoughts or something.

Jess
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of my all time favorite books Gwyneth Rees is an amazing writer
Youssef
Just remembered that I read this book once years ago when I was like nine.
Lilly
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I luv the cover.And Everytime I read it again and again.... I find something I didn't see/notice before.
Maria
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable read! But I preferred her other fairy books a lot more!
Susan
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
real good 3in1
Isabella Bula
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very different book to what i would read
Mia  Bakhthiar
Gwyneth Rees writes the most magical stories, but I have to say, compared to the others, this was slightly lacking.
Isabella
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember I read this at school and I was amazed how good it is!
It was my first book i read by Gwyneth Rees and I recommend it!!!
Bryony Malone
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books :)
Moakes
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it amazing. I like the charters. I like the different stories .For exam pull in the book
it said Rani's sea spell.
Audrey
Jul 26, 2008
Courtney
Sep 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Penny The Pony Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Pet Keeper Fairies, #7)
  • Sophie's Lucky (Sophie, #6)
  • Acting Friends (Flynn, #0.5)
  • Seaside Mystery (Magic Kitten, #9)

Mermaids (3 books)
  • Rani's Sea Spell (Mermaids, #2)
  • The Shell Princess (Mermaids, #3)