Start by marking “Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga, #2)

Blood of Wonderland

(Queen of Hearts Saga #2)

The queen will rise.

Dinah has been exiled from Wonderland. The vicious father she always feared has framed her for the brutal murder of her brother and turned the kingdom against her.

Now hiding in the lush and mysterious Twisted Wood with only her war steed at her side, Dinah is faced with a choice. She could leave Wonderland forever or return and fight her father for her
Published January 31st 2017 by HarperTeen (first published July 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Wonderland, please sign up.
Caitlyn Queen of Hearts was republished in 2016. It originally came out in 2014, but under a different name. The same goes for the The Wonder and Blood of…moreQueen of Hearts was republished in 2016. It originally came out in 2014, but under a different name. The same goes for the The Wonder and Blood of Wonderland
(less)
Colleen Oakes It is the Harper Collins version of The Wonder. There have been many changes to this edition, however. It's longer, it's cleaner and just a better…moreIt is the Harper Collins version of The Wonder. There have been many changes to this edition, however. It's longer, it's cleaner and just a better read, I believe. (less)

Start your review of Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts Saga, #2)
megs_bookrack
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forced to flee Wonderland castle, on the run from her sadistic father, The King of Hearts, Dinah finds herself hiding out in the Twisted Wood.

With Morte, her vicious and blood-thirsty war steed, as her only companion, Dinah struggles to determine just what she will do next.

Soon enough, however, allies begin to pop up in the most unlikely of places, including Sir Gorrann, formerly a Spade Card in the King's forces, who saves Dinah at one of her most perilous moments.

Although it takes some time,
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

I read the first book in this series awhile back and I did enjoy it. I love some evil queen stories so I was intrigued to see where the author would go with this.
To read this book I honestly think you do have to read the first one The Wonder. This one takes up right where we left off in the first book. Diana has been exiled and is being chased by her asshole father the king.

It's hard to review this book without going all spoilery...and it's shaping up to be one of my favorite fairy
Hayley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
*sigh*
I feel a rant brewing inside me.
RTC

“I am the Queen of Hearts, she thought, and I will take my throne.”

This was a YA fantasy story, which picked up where the previous book left off.

Dinah was an okay character in this, and I was surprised at how long she lasted in the woods on her own.

The storyline in this basically involved Dinah running away from her father’s men who were hunting her down in the woods, with a little bit of help from a
Alaina
oh my freaking god guys!

Blood of Wonderland did not disappoint. I'm obsessed with this series!

Dinah, aka THE QUEEN, is such a bad ass. A lovable bad ass. She learns how to fight and last long enough in the woods without dying. She is reunited with the love of her life only to have her heart stomped on repeatedly.

God, boys can be so freaking stupid sometimes.

You do you Wardley. (view spoiler)

I need to see the evil side of Dinah now
Stacee
2.5 stars?

After the set up of of book one, I was pretty excited to get to this one. Sadly, it was a bit disappointing.

This book felt like filler disguised as background stories. My main problem is that I thrive on dialogue and this was a lot of being in Dinah's head. She's still working out how to become queen and not a petulant brat, but even recognizing that, I struggled to root for her and her journey.

Overall, it was a quick read with a couple of interesting points, but mostly quite
Zoe Stewart (yerabooknerdzoe)
3.5/5

Dinah bothered me less than she did in the last one for the majority of this book. Around the end though, she took a turn for the worse with her selfishness, and I wanted to knock her out. Overall, I did like this one better than the first one (especially the second time around), but it still doesn't stand out to me in any major way. I've been underwhelmed with the first two books of this trilogy so far. None of the characters are all that memorable, and even though I just finished both
NerdyJediGymnast
Apr 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Holly
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
*3.5 stars

There were some parts of the book that I found boring but I really enjoyed the magical aspects of Wonderland in this book. And, of course, I'm excited to see what occurs next.
Nicole Alycia
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
This book was everything a sequel should be! It picks up right where the last book ended and you’re immediately thrown into an action packed story! It never slowed down for a minute and there were some really great plot twists thrown in there as well. And the character development.... you can see the way everything is shaping Dinah into the person she will eventually become and it is so great to watch!
I am beyond excited to read the final book in the series!
SoWrongItsRANDI {Bell, Book & Candle}
Bell, Book & Candle | The Wonder Review

I have been (impatiently) waiting to get my hands on this book. Although I had a lot to say in my lengthy tirade, most of it unpleasant, I still wanted to read just to find out what happens next. So here I am now writing this review. Book two of the Queen of Hearts trilogy picks up where it left off with Dinah, our protagonist- on the run from her father and deemed a traitor and murderer.

I was considerably less annoyed while reading this book, mainly
rachel ☾

In the future, when people ask me what I mean when I say a book suffers from Middle Book Syndrome, I’ll direct them to Blood of Wonderland. If there was ever a sequel which suffered from a complete lack of plotline, it is this one; not a single event that happened within this story did anything more than set up the finale. The entire plotline was a mess. The first 40% of this book is nothing more than Dinah wandering around the Twisted Woods with Morte (and later the Spade),
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
If she could not quench the fire burning within her , she would set Wonderland ablaze.

Yes, I decided to continue this series even though I had my doubts about it - mainly because I was a bit "meh" about the first novel but also because Alice in Wonderland was never my favorite fairy tale as a kid and retellings of this story have not suited me very well. So what made me continue this story? Actually it has to do with the fact that it's one I can get as audio books and the one reading it is
Kelly Gunderman
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, arc
Check out this and other reviews on my young adult book blog, Here's to Happy Endings!

Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Last year, I picked up Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes , and I thought it was one of the most impressive and exciting YA fantasy novels that I had read. Even still today, that book remains one of my favorites, so when I had that chance to read the sequel, Blood of Wonderland, I was super excited.

When I started reading, I quickly got engrossed in the novel and couldn't put it down - I
nat.
Dec 06, 2017 added it
“a dark smile crept across her face as she let the rage she had held back for so long consume her”

everyone is fucked now!

this was a lot better than the first book, albeit a little slower.

half into the book is when it gets real good. with all the twists, and surprises, I was like boooy! (JK ... maybe) I do want more rage from Dinah. make them suffer, girl!

but Wonderland is still wonderful as ever.
Rose
Jun 19, 2014 marked it as to-read-arc-or-galley  ·  review of another edition
I'm so legit excited for this book that I'm doing my own version of a happy dance. And it comes out the day before my 30th birthday, so you guys know I'll be picking this up to read at some point.

Thank you, thank you NetGalley.
Erin
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Blood of Wonderland is the second book to the Queen of Hearts Saga and it falls prey to the same problem the first one ran into, slow inducing boredom.

I was hoping that now that the plot had been set into action this book would have some more umph and excitement to that, but I didn't get that. Instead, I really began to dislike Dinah. REALLY BEGAN TO DISLIKE HER.

The ending??? I wanted to through my phone across the room because she was so annoying. There was literally so much woah is me in
Paul
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stacy Fetters
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
"Her life was like nightfire- a place that once burned with bright hope, now nothing more than a flickering blackness, her suffering invisible to the naked eye."
With the cover, I wasn't sure if we were reading about Wonderland or about to fight dragons in a Game Of Thrones novel.
In life, there are a few rules we live by.
1. Don't be a dick
2.Live your own life
3. Don't fuck with a classic.
This broke rule three and you should see the look of disgust on my face.
Dinah is running for her life. The
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever read something and thought it should be at least a little boring, but it wasn't at all? Because there was a large chunk in the beginning, I think around 50+ pages, of Dinah wandering through the forest. And surprisingly it was so interesting! She finds a lot of interesting things, and some action happens and it completely worked. I was never bored the entire time I read this book. The pacing was perfect. The author managed to add little touches of weird plants and etc you might ...more
MissBecka
Whoa.
That was even more vivid and exciting than the first book.
Looking forward to seeing what Ms. Oakes has in store for the final book in the trilogy.
Jesse Nicholas
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books, fantasy
YES! YES! YES!

I love this series so much. Dinah is in for a real rude awakening after this one. Want to know an origin of our favorite Wonderland villain, the Queen of Hearts? Then you need to pick up this series. Seriously.

Full review to come.
Jessica Robbins
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
Eustacia Tan
Oct 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So after reading Queen of Hearts, I was so excited to read The Wonder. I managed to get a NetGalley ARC, and for the first time, had it sent to my kindle account (thankfully there's an iPad app). This book was as good as I expected, and now that I've finished it - in one day I might add, I need MOAR.

The Wonder continues where The Queen of Hearts left off. Fleeing from her father, The King of Hearts, Dinah goes into the Twisted Woods. Somehow or the other, she, she ends up at the Yurkei (sp?)
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)
Exiled, alone and on the run from her Murderous Father, Dinah is lost in the Forests of Wonderland. When word reaches Dinah that Vittiore sits by her Father's side as Queen, Dinah knows she must do the one thing she swore she'd never do, return to her Kingdom and reclaim her crown!

What can I say except I loved this book. This series truly keeps getting better and better. Dinah's transformation from privileged, ill tempered heiress to exiled warrior woman was completely magical to witness. It
Karen
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, fiction, favorites
This is the story the Queen. It is so much darker than you imagine, and fantastic. This is a magical story about the Queen’s exile from her home. The King has killed her brother and placed her (fake) sister, Vittiore, on the thrown. Dinah is cast out and sets off in the twisted woods. She has few supplies and the king’s Hornhoov, named Morte. Morte is a magical horse-like creature: part beast, part horse, part warrior. She encounters much danger, and wondrous sights. She struggles to survive ...more
Jelena Milenković
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, retellings
This rating surprised me as well. I read the first part a year and a half ago and I remember enjoying it and its dark tone. Naturally, I thought I would enjoy this one but ah, that was not the case, sadly.
Since the very beginning I had a suspicion that this will be the outcome for I had to force myself to read further.

The story begins right where Queen of Hearts left us, with Dinah and Morte in the Twisted Wood, fleeing from the King of Hearts. After many unfortunes (and many many scenes when
Monica
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book much more than the first one! The first one was still good, but I had a lot of complaints about it. Mostly the characters were a little lackluster and the only truly fleshed out character, Dinah, was annoying. In this one I felt the characters had much more worth and were given more "screentime". I still found Dinah's ability to witness and put together clues and facts lacking. I also liked that this second book adventures beyond the palace. This author's rendering of ...more
Kira Simion
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: retellings, 2019
Least favorite, but it was good in the action scenes.
Jeeya Singh
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5

I CANT SPEAK

• Reina de corazones (Juvenil)
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch, #1)
  • Stepsister
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • Rise of Fire (Reign of Shadows, #2)
  • Winter Glass (Spindle Fire #2)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Ozland (Everland, #3)
  • Umberland (Everland, #2)
  • Heartless
  • El Principito
  • Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2)
  • Spindle Fire (Spindle Fire #1)
  • Never-Contented Things
  • The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Everless (Everless, #1)
Colleen Oakes is the bestselling author of books for both teens and adults, including The Black Coats, Queen of Hearts Series, and The Wendy Darling Saga. She lives in North Denver with her husband and son. When not writing or plotting new books, Colleen can be found swimming, traveling or immersing herself in nerdy pop culture.

She currently at work on her third YA fairytale series, a YA thriller

Queen of Hearts Saga (3 books)
  • Queen of Hearts (Queen of Hearts Saga, #1)
  • War of the Cards (Queen of Hearts #3)
“We become who we must to overcome pain and to make things right again.” 4 likes
“There was a freedom in having nothing to lose” 3 likes