Start by marking “A Witch's Journey (Lobster Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Witch's Journey (Lobster Cove, #1)

A Witch's Journey

(Lobster Cove)

Pepper McKay comes from a long line of powerful witches. Unfortunately, magic brings her nothing but trouble. She learned the love of wildlife rescue and rehab from her Aunt Ashling. After graduating from college, Pepper works for Salem Wildlife Sanctuary and lives from paycheck to paycheck until she inherits the McKay property in Lobster Cove. With the family land and res ...more
Published June 15th 2016 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about A Witch's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Witch's Journey

Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Overall Rate 4 stars

Performance Rate 5 stars

Story Rate 4 stars

First of all let me get my gripe out of the way. I am not loving this book cover. It is too dark and moody and while there are dark moments, this audiobook is not a dark story, I found it a delight.

This book is told in the third person multiple style which for this tale works really well.  If you are looking for a sweet, easy enjoyable story with some fabulous characters, a supernatural suspense running quietly throughout the story,
Deborah
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I find myself really conflicted writing this review – on one level I enjoyed the story as a hugely pleasant read about subjects close to my heart, along with great characters and lovely settings. On the other, I found it hugely frustrating. Let me explain...
The story opens with Pepper, a witch, in a dire situation. She’s used magic openly (in Salem, of all places) to protect her place of work, an animal rehab shelter, from a storm, and now she’s out of a job and being thrown out of her apartment
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddictive,
This was a really enjoyable listen, Pepper a marine biologist works at a wildlife rescue sanctuary in Salem. Unfortunately after using magic to avert a catastrophe Pepper has to leave town. I like the twist where witch has to leave Salem. At the same time her dead aunt’s cabin becomes hers with a large financial legacy. When Pepper arrives in Lobster Cove she meets the builder/handyman who has been tasked with building an Avery to house her bird.
Lathen
Teresa
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am actually giving this book 3 1/2 but there are no 1/2 stars on Goodreads.

A Witch's Journey is book one in Tena Stetler's new series The Lobster Cove Series. The book to me was a sweet paranormal romance. It basically focuses on the main characters budding romance. If you want sweet and romance based this is a good book. With a witch and a shifter I figured there would be more magic going on. The blurb to the book really made it sound like this book would be action packed. Sadly it was not.
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
2.5 Stars
My main purpose for reading is to escape reality for a few hours. I expect my trip into the world of fantasy to be lively, engrossing and exciting. As such when the end draws near, I will be sad but exhilarated. Unfortunately, A WITCH'S JOURNEY did not hold this kind of appeal. Instead, it left me feeling cheated by spending time reading a story that did not deliver what I expected.

A WITCH'S JOURNEY tells the story of a witch named Pepper McKay. She is a licensed rehab specialist for a
Katie O'Sullivan
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Despite the witches, werewolves and ghosts that populate this tale, A Witch's Journey is a sweet paranormal romance, if there is such a category. Set in coastal Maine in the fictional town of Lobster Cove, the book is part is a series by this publisher that has different authors writing separate stories in various genres, all set in the same shared location. It's a cool concept in general, but I feel as if it may have restricted the author in this case, in that her characters didn't feel they co ...more
Melissa Ann
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, great romance and lots of excitement. I also really enjoyed that it was about something deeper and more serious with the animal rescue stuff going on.
Melissa Levine
Desiree reilly
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i received this audio book as gif to blog about and post and i can say it 9 hr long and it a great book to listen to .
THE BOOK TAKE YOU TO SALEM MASS WHERE THE WITCHES TALE BEGINS PEPPER MC KAY IS DOING WORK AT REHAB FOR ANIMAL IN SALEM AND SHE LIKE THE WORK BUT THEN THING START TO GO SOUTH FOR HER SHE IS GOING TO BE KICK OUT OF HER APT AND THEN NOW NO JOB SHE DID QUITE THE REHAB BUT IT WAS BECAUSE OF HER POWERS,
YOU SEE SHE WITCH BUT SHE HAS NOT LEARN HOW TO USE THE POWER SHE HAD YET SHE IS IN
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Narration added that something extra
Pepper McKay was a witch with dreams. She always wanted to have her own animal rescue. Low and behold. She received a bequest with enough land to allow for her to have her dream. With that land came a very sexy handyman with secrets of his own.

Claire
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The narration was well done however the phrasing is slightly off and sounds a little bit wrong to me. The female character voices are well done, male voices are less believable but are still clear and recognizable.

Good world building and great descriptions of locations, I was able to picture the scenery and the action clearly in my mind while listening. The story was vivid and rich.

Good character development, they were complex and realistic. The chemistry between the main characters Pepper and
Lynn Z
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. Although the premise of this book was good, the delivery needed some work. It seemed like this was maybe the author's and narrator's first books. Halfway through the book I could see that the narrator had gotten her rhythm and it was much better.
I have heard the narrator in many other stories and she is excellent. A lot of the story was disjointed. Several times I thought it was going to go one way and it then went somewhere else. It was not
Michelle VanDaley
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall 4 Stars Performance 5 Stars Story 3 Stars
My review is based on the Audiobook. If you are looking for a sweet easy read this is it. There is not much action or conflict in this book and there is alot of extra unnecessary fluff. Numerous times things are mentioned that I thought would come into play later but they never did and then other times things happen wit no explanation when there really needed to be one. That being said it was a very enjoyable story overall and everything was wrap
Anie
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, romance
Received from Bewitching Book Tours

A Witch's Journey is perfect fall reading book, especially with Halloween coming soon. :)

Pepper is a Witch, she used to work in Wildlife Sanctuary in Salem. until one incident, when she used her powers to protect the birds and was practically run out of town. Right when she was about to be without home, she gets letter, that she inherited land and money from her aunt.

It's such a fast pace book and a pleasure to read. I just flew trough the story. :)
Lisa
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
BOOK REVIEW......
I liked the story and characters however I wish it would have had more depth to it over all. Parts of it felt off or incomplete, which left it lacking and not believable.

NARRATOR REVIEW......
The narrator did a good job for the most part but could use with a little more work on the male voices.
Linda
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Magic mixed love

Interesting story. Love between a witch and werewolf. I recommend this book. I don't usually read love stories . I like adventure and more action.
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I haven't read an adult fantasy book in awhile so I was really excited about A Witch's Journey. The story follows Pepper as she is going through a rough patch in her life, when she gets a break from a rich Aunt Ashling who ends up leaving her a house and a large sum of money. The unique aspect of Pepper is that she is a witch who doesn't really practice that much. She had to leave Salem because during a storm she put a shield over a wildlife preservation and they found out she is a witch.

Things
Kameron
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

For a story featuring witches and werewolves, I expected more shifting and magical moments. A ghostly aunt did appear occasionally and there were small uses of magic (lighting a fire or cleaning a stovetop) but, for the most part, magic really came into play in the last chapter. This is also where everything is explained (clarified), too.

It’s great Tena left no loose ends; however, I think she should’ve utilized Benjamin’s dark sid
Anna Durand
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love writing paranormal romance, but I also love reading it whenever I get the chance. This week, I had the pleasure of reading A Witch's Journey, thanks to the author graciously providing me with a free copy in exchange for a review. These days, the sparse style of writing has become in vogue and a lot of authors skimp on description in favor of action. It's refreshing to pick up a paranormal romance like Tena Stetler's, where she takes the time to invite us inside the characters' hearts and ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .

HOT. STEAMY. DELICIOUS. Were just a few of the words to describe the handy man, Lathen. The man had very handy skill and not just to fix things around the property. I think he could be a book boyfriend, a night time dream/fantasy.

I enjoyed the story overa
Nicole Laverdure
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Fantastic tale!

Tena Stetler is a new author for me. What a nice surprise to discover a well written paranormal romance with a touch of fantasy. It's a story of witchcraft, dark secrets and second chances. This author nicely blended her two main characters with magic and romance to make it a fun read!

A Witch's Journey is the story of Pepper McKay, a good witch who works for a wildlife sanctuary! However, her dream is to own her own wildlife rescue shelter. Destiny has other plans for her when s
Petula
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The young witch Pepper McKay has been forced to leave Salem, but finds out about an inheritance just time. The land and most of the town in her new home are happy to welcome her even those who know about her powers.
Lathen Quartz is the handyman who will help Pepper's dreams of a wildlife rescue centre come true, and just maybe a few others as well. He has a few troubles of his own to sort out.
The magical community has it's own share of jealousy which can be dangerous to anyone caught in the cr
Laura  Williams
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I would say that this was a 4.75 / 5 star. As no book is perfect and I wanted others to see this as an honest reading, as I received this book to read in exchange for an honest review. I got the better deal. In the flood of magic realism/romance titles, I was just thrilled to find this little treasure. I engaged quickly with the main character, vivid location descriptions and the occasional snappy dialogue exchange. Loved the Osprey Kaylee. Damn terrific supporting character! I really hope Tena ...more
Brandy
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great powerful story. This story was so good and keeps you wanting to read for as long as you can. Pepper and Lathen are both great characters they work so well together, and seeing the with there family's was great to see more background on them. Lobster Cove sounds like it's going to be a good set of books.
Betty May
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Read

This is the second book I've read the Ms. Settler has written. I can honestly say that the plot and characters were believable. I found myself wanting to read more of Pepper and Lathen story. I was hoping for a big wedding. I also was waiting for Lathen to shift. I can't hardly wait for another book. Good job
InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

This fascinating paranormal romance entrances the reader from the very beginning, enticing one to turn the pages to get to the happily ever after.

Read full review in the 2016 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Neil
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review.

This is a great Fantasy / Romance.
An easy read with the writing just flowing over the pages.
Julia Higgins
Oct 16, 2018
Tena Stetler
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maureen  Sheila  Edwards
Oct 17, 2018
With the majestic Rocky Mountains just outside the window, I sit at my computer with vampires,demons, witches, faeries, and a variety of paranormal creatures gathered around telling me their stories! That makes me an author of paranormal romance novels and cozy mysteries with magic spark. The everyday world is mundane, but sprinkle a little magic and you have fantastic!

Colorado is home. I share my

Lobster Cove (2 books)
  • A Witch's Holiday Wedding (Lobster Cove, #2)