Start by marking “Prompt Me: Creative Writing Journal & Workbook (Prompt Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prompt Me: Creative Writing Journal & Workbook (Prompt Me, #1)

Prompt Me: Creative Writing Journal & Workbook (Prompt Me, #1)

A large variety of creative writing prompts for maximum inspiration.

Photo Prompts
Story Starters
Fill-In the Blank
Dialogue Prompts
Self-Discovery Topics
Use This Phrase
Chart It
And more!

Plus valuable reference resources.
Paperback, First, 175 pages
Published May 6th 2016 by Epic Books Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Prompt Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prompt Me

Start your review of Prompt Me: Creative Writing Journal & Workbook (Prompt Me, #1)
Jeffery Frieden
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I teach high school English. If you're like me, you use a Writer's Notebook with your students--a place where they record their reflections, write to a prompt, write down predictions, write anything, so long as they are writing because that's what they need in order to get better. As a teacher who asks students to keep writing, I get bogged down and run out of prompts or ways to keep the students engaged. That's where Prompt Me comes in!

With photo prompts, first person prompts, third person prom
Heather Lester
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I haven't had the opportunity to actually WRITE in this journal yet but I have been through it several times letting my head come up with ideas. I've written down a few titles and queues to make myself remember certain aspects. I am using this to help me get content on my own book that I've struggled writing the ending for two years now. The pictures stirred ideas I didn't even know I had. I highly recommend this book for folks that love to write books, short stories, diaries, whatever! It most ...more
Tamar
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent workbook and journal for writing prompts. Woods has great ideas and organizes the sections well. Would recommend for any level of writing, but I especially think beginner to advanced writers would do really well with the exercises in the book.
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great workbook, filled with several prompts and ideas to help get you writing!
Sionna
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway :)

Alright so, when I first put in to win this book I was super jazzed about trying to write again. (Please don't ask me how many times I have told my friends and readers that I would continue my current fanfics-- I'm so sorry!) Anyhow, by the time I received the book, I was busy again and not feeling into writing.... even now, I want to write but, I don't have a very conductive space *spouts more excuses*
So, my review is based on perusing the prompts
Christy
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Though I love reading and can bust out a boring research paper when needed, when it comes to writing fiction I find myself stymied. After receiving a copy of Prompt Me as a gift, I'm finding the idea of creative writing much less overwhelming. This workbook is full of interesting prompts and helpful charts to get me started without getting overwhelmed. As an easily intimidated writer, I particularly appreciate the fill-in-the-blank prompts. I haven't worked my way up to the picture prompts yet, ...more
Danielle Buck
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I do not spend too much of my time writing anymore, but as a high school English teacher, I try to make sure that my students have the opportunity to do "free writes" every now and then to keep their imaginations sharp, especially because high school writing tends to have a hard academic lean. I am always looking for a prompt book (I have a small collection going now) to have on my shelf to lend out to students or to give as a gift, and this book has been such a FANTASTIC addition to my prompt b ...more
Theresa
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really love the variety and creativity in this book. Personally, I get stuck a lot in my writing whether it is lack of inspiration or ideas. Prompt Me has hundreds of prompts to get my writing, and it is easy to interpret a single prompt multiple ways. I also ind it helpful that there is so much room to write my ideas down. I have a habit of losing things, so it is easy t keep everything in one place.
Brooke Wayne
Beth
Feb 25, 2017
Alicia
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great resource! I can't wait to share this with other my students.
William Lawrence
Jun 19, 2017
ReD
Apr 20, 2019
Robin Woods
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Erin
Maru
May 27, 2020
Lo Ghee
Apr 26, 2020
Madison Mega-Mara...: #16 Prompt Me: Creative Writing Workbook & Journal 1 4 Feb 04, 2017 04:16AM

• All About Love: New Visions
  • The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
  • Ambiguous Loss: Learning to Live with Unresolved Grief
  • Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges
  • The Language of Letting Go: Daily Meditations on Codependency (Hazelden Meditation Series)
  • Zero Belly Diet: The Revolutionary New Plan to Turn Off Your Fat Genes and Keep You Lean for Life!
  • You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life
  • Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men
  • Narcissistic Fathers: How to Deal With a Toxic Father and Complex PTSD (Adult Children of Narcissists Recovery Book Book 2)
  • The Miracle Morning for Addiction Recovery: Letting Go of Who You've Been for Who You Can Become
  • Steppenwolf
  • Just for Today
  • First Year of Marriage: The Newlywed's Guide to Building a Strong Foundation and Adjusting to Married Life
  • Should I Stay or Should I Go?: Surviving a Relationship with a Narcissist
  • 12 Smart Things to Do When the Booze and Drugs Are Gone: Choosing Emotional Sobriety through Self-Awareness and Right Action
  • The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens
  • 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
Robin Woods is a former high school and university instructor with two and a half decades of experience teaching English, literature, and writing. She earned a BA in English and an MA in education.

In addition to teaching, Robin Woods has published six highly-rated novels, eight creative writing workbooks, and has multiple projects in the works, including writing for a Hollywood producer.

When Ms.