Start by marking “Standing in Shadows (The Dark Fey Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Standing in Shadows (The Dark Fey Trilogy #2)

Standing in Shadows

(The Dark Fey Trilogy #2)

After escaping captivity, Gairynzvl has been rescued by the Light-loving Fey. Now, he wants to return into the dark realm of The Reviled and rescue the innocent childfey trapped there.
But it will take strength, courage and more than one Fey to breach the borders of The Uunglarda, and to slip past the legions of Dark Fey who abide there. The daring mission will shake the
Published May 3rd 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Standing in Shadows, please sign up.
Cynthia Morgan Standing in Shadows will Release on December 4, 2015

Preorders Launch Party on Facebook Nov 27-30, 2015 at:

…more
Standing in Shadows will Release on December 4, 2015

Preorders Launch Party on Facebook Nov 27-30, 2015 at:

(less)

Start your review of Standing in Shadows (The Dark Fey Trilogy #2)
Dianne
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Accepted into the loving embrace of the Light Fey, Gairynzvl knows he must return to the dark realm and rescue the childfey trapped there in a brutal living hell. He needs strength, support and the faith of the Light Fey that he WILL succeed. Not warriors by nature, how can the Light Fey stand against the warriors of the Reviled? Their journey will be treacherous, the possibility of discovery an capture far too great, but this band of rescuers are determined to bring the precious youth of the Fe ...more
Connie Lacy
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The battle between good and evil – light and dark – picks up steam in book two of the Dark Fey Trilogy. Gairynzvl, who escaped from the cruel, dark world of The Reviled in book one, is now determined to save other “younglings,” like him, who were snatched from their parents in the world of the Light Fey and dragged into a truly brutal existence. (As horrible as the treatment is of these “childfey,” the author bases this part of the story on a real-life nightmare in Uganda, where children were ki ...more
Fiona
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Highly recommend to fantasy readers and while not strictly necesary I would suggest reading the first book in the series, The Reviled.
This type of fantasy isn't normally my cup of tea but having been surprised by how much I enjoyed the first book earlier this year, I took the plunge. I think I'm enjoying this series for two reasons, the high standard of writing and the clear and strong themes behind the story.
The author uses skilful writing to describe the two worlds she has created, one of dark
Robin
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Dark Fey: Standing in the Shadows, is a moral tale that encompasses romance, action, and drama. The author offers richly detailed settings in both Uunglarda, the dark world inhabited by the Reviled, a grotesque, loveless race, and Jyndari, the world of the Fey of Light. The primary story revolves around Ayla, Guardian of Childfey, who rescues kidnapped, tortured, Childfey from Uunglarda. Over time, she grows in strength and character. Secondary characters, Marden and Gairynzul, struggle with a r ...more
Cynthia Morgan
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As the Author of the Dark Fey Trilogy, it would be inappropriate for me to review my own book (at least, I think so) However, you are in Luck, because Standing In Shadows was recently reviewed by Steve Johnson of Book to the Future Blog. You can read all about it here: https://bookmust.wordpress.com/2016/0...
Reviewer King
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm shocked. The sequel completely blew me away and I'm left standing, speechless. Cynthia Morgan is a BADASS WRITER. She can evoke any emotion, feelings and sighs from her readers with a wave of her hand. So this was my review for book 1 of the series:

"OMG!! I JUST FINISHED THE BOOK! It was so so amazing. I actually want to scream out loud to the whole world and tell everyone how good it was. I'm astonished, happy and so excited for the next one! I stayed up all night to read because it was so
Madeleine Holly-Rosing
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Standing in Shadows" starts where book one ends.

Celebrant Fey Marden is still unconscious recovering from his ordeal while a newly "reborn" Gairynzvl tries to adapt to his new life as a Light Fey. But the years of being a Dark Fey have taken it's toll and he carries an heavy emotional burden from the trauma. The only way he can think to redeem himself is to rescue the Childfey who still suffer in Uunglarda. Meanwhile, Ayla is torn between her old love, Marden, and her new love for Gairynzvl.

I
Richard Ankers
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cynthia Morgan demonstrates a complete mastery of the dark fairytale she has created drawing us the reader into this second book in the world of The Fey. The feeling of authenticity is quite literally spellbinding from the new take on the genre to even the pronunciation’s of the character’s names.
Gairynzvl, Standing in Shadows' dark antihero, is a man on a mission, a loner by nature, who must seek out the help of others.
Centred around saving the childfey, Gairynzvl must enter The Uunglarda to s
C.A. King
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the pronunciation lesson! I had a lot of fun trying to say some of these names out loud!

High fantasy isn't my go-to genre, but a little Fey in one's life never hurts even if it is dark. This one was the perfect length for me! I'm looking forward to more!

The game rules were hilarious
"You cannot intentionally knock your opponent over the head; you cannot kick him, bit him, or tear his feathers out."
Michelle
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Fey: Standing in Shadows is book number two in the Dark Fey trilogy. Because Standing in Shadows gives light to the characters and the plot, I would recommend that Dark Fey: The Reviled be read first.
The story opens with an introduction to The Uunglarda and the torment found there inflicted upon Childfey by the Reviled, a grotesque, loveless, and evil population that lives in the realm of dark shadows.
On the other side, in the mystical realm of Jyndari, where the Fey of Light live, we lear
Ste J
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The cover photo is great, there is no denying that and were I to see it in a bookshop my interest would be piqued. More of this type of cover I say, rather than those dreary copy cat covers that seem to be so prevalent on the shelves these days. As well as looking nice, it also sets the scene for a darker and more foreboding sequel.

Like the first book, this is a fantasy steeped in the natural, of the polar opposites of light and dark and the overlapping of the two and whilst the plot took, for m
Brienne Dubh
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This picks up where book one leaves you. Mardan is unconscious and Gairynzvl is adapting to being a fey of light again while he and Ayla grow closer. The elders are preparing to share with the other fey, news of his miraculous change from the dark as Gairynzvl plans to return to Uunglarda and attempt to rescue the stolen childfey.
I enjoyed this book so much more than the first. Several times while reading I had to pause just to admire the work gone into creating the way the fey spoke and the lan
Cherime MacFarlane
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Morgan writes like a good wine tastes, there are wonderful notes of things in it and sometimes you must re read a passage to get all you can from it. Lyrical and rich, it beckons you to go further, take more. And this is from the individual who does not like, hates?, cliff hangers. But I am so into this series. I really do want the next installment now.
David Edwards
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For my take on the setting of 'Standing in Shadows' (Dark Fey Book 2) see my review of 'The Reviled' (Dark Fey Book 1). You absolutely have to have read the first book in the sequence before starting the second. The narrative continues almost without a break.

In book 2, our heroes are assembled, and their quest to rescue children kidnapped by the forces of evil gets under way. I thought the first book was really excellent, but this is better. There is more action and the characters have developed
Mai
Oct 22, 2017
Mrs E M Cable
May 24, 2020
Lynda
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2017
Gina Molyneux
Apr 27, 2019
Katie Lester
Jun 10, 2018

• Auschwitz Syndrome: A Holocaust Novel Based on a True Story (Women and the Holocaust, #3)
  • Trouble at Clenchers Mill
  • The Bone Shard Daughter (The Drowning Empire, #1)
  • Mind in Chains (The Mind Sleuth Series Book 3)
  • Fights You'll Have After Having A Baby: A Self-Help Story
  • Red Dot Capers
  • Die Every Day ( A Lambeth Group Thriller)
  • The Sage (Witch's Ambitions Trilogy #3)
  • Darkness Rising: A Limited Edition Fantasy and Urban Fantasy Collection
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Mischief Night
  • Island Redemption: A tropical adventure romance
  • A Study of Rusalki - Slavic Mermaids of Eastern Europe (Spirits and Creatures Series Book 2)
  • Rise at Twilight (Rituals of the Night #4)
  • Gabriel's Redemption (A Series of Angels, #6)
  • My Life as Noah
  • Empty Threat (The Black Pages, #1)
  • Night Shift

Cynthia A. Morgan is an award-winning author; free-lance columnist, blogger, and poet. Author of the dystopian fantasy Mercy Series and the young adult fantasy Dark Fey Trilogy, Morgan’s captivating tales serve as a backdrop for powerful messages like ‘show thankfulness through kindness and appreciate blessings through generosity’ and ‘the only way to achieve peace is by becoming peace’.

Morgan is

The Dark Fey Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Reviled (The Dark Fey Trilogy #1)
  • Breaking Into The Light (The Dark Fey Trilogy, #3)