Start by marking “Brody's Ghost Collected Edition” as Want to Read:
Brody's Ghost Collected Edition

Brody's Ghost Collected Edition (Brody's Ghost #1-6)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Acclaimed author Mark Crilley tells his greatest tale yet in this intense supernatural thriller! After losing his job, his girlfriend, and his home, Brody learns that things can get even worse when he begins seeing a ghostly teenage girl watching him in the street. What he hopes is a hallucination proves all too real when the ghost tells him she needs his help hunting down ...more
Published May 10th 2016 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Brody's Ghost Collected Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brody's Ghost Collected Edition

Xavier (CharlesXplosion)
A highly enjoyable, action-packed story that has depth and great characterization. One of the most underrated manga!
Ovi Buciu
Jul 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An awesome graphic novel by an artist I had only known as 'that guy who does drawing tutorials on YouTube'! But Brody's Ghost proves Mark Crilley is not only excellent at drawing but also at telling stories and characterisation. I particularly admired his huge, sprawling landscape shots and I also enjoyed the crisp, witty dialogue.
Emily
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such an awesome collection. So well written and illustrated :) Such an intriguing story with awesome characters!
Quinn
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have several mixed views on this comic. First of all, I got into this comic after being a viewer of Mark Crilley's YouTube channel. It's because of his videos that I felt more comfortable and instructed in my skill as a visual artist and story-teller (hence, you should totally check out his YouTube channel). He used "Brody's Ghost" as an example for many of his instructional videos to the point where I knew I had to read this. However, I ended up approaching it with higher expectations than wh ...more
Michael Blaylock
It's been a while since I stared at a book, psychically willing it to have more content.
Brody's Ghost is a fun and captivating read, one I couldn't put down. The story has plenty of twists and turns, some good humor, and some great character moments that challenge convention at times. Not every good guy is a good guy, for example. Poor Brody just has bad day after bad day, but he keeps getting back up, which is a hero in my book. Best of all, he doesn't have self-righteous speeches about doing
Sophia F
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I was really impressed with this series!! I'll admit, I was stupid and thought this was one volume until I actually finished it and finally realized that it was six volumes in one. Definitely glad that I picked up the collected edition though, because I seriously couldn't put it down. I wouldn't have been able to wait until the next volume! I love the character development and the mystery around Talia; it really made me keep reading. In addition to the story-line, the art style: wow! I foun ...more
Brandi McNorgan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HIGHLY RECOMMEND,
I have never really been into Graphic Novels before but I've always been fascinated with Mark Crilley's work. I love to draw and I came across his work on YouTube, at the end of every video he would promote this novel and the more I followed him the more I wanted to read his work. A few days ago I decided I'd give my full effort to a graphic novel and seen this. It took me three days to read this novel but it kept me interested the entire time reading it. Left minor cliff hanger
A student loaned me the first book in the series and I wanted to know how it ended. I had a choice. I could buy the books separately (expensive!) or buy the collected works omnibus (less expensive). Today I began reading them. I couldn't put the book down until I'd finished it all.

I devoured these works and truly enjoyed them. Graphic novels are still not my favorite genre but I enjoyed the art. I didn't like the characters 100% but the story was good and strong.

I don't think there's really anyt
Mark Palmer
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good story. It had elements that reminded me of The Crow, and perhaps The Karate Kid. I felt that one scene in particular reminded me very much of the film Time After Time, which starred Malcolm McDowell as H.G. Wells. But this had a very unique set of elements to the story that made it very different, and the story kept me engaged throughout. There were also some nice twists and surprises along the way. Highly recommended.
Michael
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!

I heard that this title was good, but nothing was going to prepare me for what I was getting myself into! The story was fast-paced and intriguing. I couldn't put it down!!

Thanks Mark Crilley for knocking this one out of the park!

This collection of all the volumes is definitely worth the purchase if you get your hands on it.
Dani
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was surprisingly good! The artwork is really good, the story entertaining, the characters likable, and I must have enjoyed it since I finished it in one sitting. Would I read it again? Not too sure, but I'm glad I got to read it at least once. :)
Adam Heine
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I'm already enamored by Mark Crilley's art, but this world and this story hit me in several of my feels. Fantastic.
Tira
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Didn't much like the ghost. Writer successful in portraying her as selfish.
DoodlePanda
I am so happy I randomly picked this up at the library!
The story is good, the illustrations are great (especially the larger landscape shots!!) and it has some fantastic characters!
K. Parker
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Strong Style and Story

Mark Crilley's six-volume series Brody's Ghost had me in my chair from early afternoon till late afternoon. I'd read the first volume in paperback form years ago and was stunned by Crilley's intense art style and deft control of the plot. When all six volumes in a collected edition, I had to read the rest of the story.

Thankfully, I was not disappointed. Though I did have some reservations.

What I Thought Worked Well

Characters and Plot

Brody and Talia, protagonist and si
Matt
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Over six years in the making, “Brody’s Ghost” is this manga-inspired supernatural adventure/crime drama. Originally appearing annually in digest-sized graphic novels, Dark Horse now assembles Mark Crilley’s series into one 600-paged volume, complete with all the original chapters as well as various shorts that’ve appeared here and there. Taken as a whole, we’re given this book that explores these ideas of grief, of moving on, and of personal evolution all while maintaining a high energy level an ...more
Ryan Slattery
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I bought Brody's Ghost after finding out about it on Mark Crilley's youTube channel.

Mark Crilley's youTube channel has literally hundreds of videos helping people increase their art knowledge and skills. I bought Brody's Ghost to get a better idea of how to layout a graphic novel. But I wouldn't have done that if the story didn't seem interesting.

In fact the story was extremely well told. I finished the collected edition in under 24 hours. It had fun, sometimes funny, thoughtful characters that
Karissa
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I had picked up the first volume of Brody’s Ghost last year and read it and loved it. However, I didn’t really want to buy all the other volumes separately (they are really short and not available at my library). So I was very excited to hear that this was being released. It was a very well done supernatural thriller/mystery and I enjoyed it a lot.

Brody is going through rough times when Talia, the ghost of a teenaged girl, finds him and coerces him into helping her solve a mystery involving a se
Aneesa
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this whole book (collection of the whole series) in one sitting. I may be biased because I love Mark's YouTube art tutorials, but this was a VERY enjoyable read. The characters are extremely likeable and have interesting backstories which cleverly work their way into the plot. The plot itself is exactly what I love - unique, a bit dark, and full of twists. Mark's humour (evident in his videos) definitely sneaks its way into the dialogue, too, which keeps the characters interesting and lig ...more
Rod Brown
I read the first five volumes separately, but was happy to see this collected edition with those chapter as well as the long-awaited conclusion. It's a good story, but as I learned in rereading the first five chapters in this edition, it's not particularly memorable. The conclusion would not been nearly as satisfying if I hadn't started again from the beginning. Overall it's an enjoyable serial killer supernatural action thriller, though lacking in depth. Still, it might make a good popcorn movi ...more
Michael
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very solid supernatural adventure story - strong art, interesting premise. I would've liked to see a little more depth of character in the supporting cast (Nicole in particular) and maybe not so pat a happy ending.
Viktorija Panovska
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was the first comic book series (or Americanized manga, whatever this is) I've ever read and I have to say it was a very enticing experience. I loved the characters, especially Talia, and I found that there wasn't a moment in this comic that I felt bored. The mystery was very well set up, the relationships between the characters were solid and it had a bit of a gritty, realistic feeling to the world, disregarding the paranormal aspects. Definitely a quick and fun read.
Rubén
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
La mezcla perfecta entre el sexto sentido y tu historia preferida detectivesca, una trama súper interesante de acción rápida en todo momento que engancha de principio a fin.
Me siento afortunado de haber encontrado a Mark Crilley en youtube sus vídeos son una inspiración y este cómic una obra maestra.
Lectura recomendada 100%.
sohrella
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I remember I was a tween when I first began to read Brody's Ghost tome 1. My library only had three vols. a decade later, they got the collected edition - and yes, I was the first person to borrow it.
I am glad to finally finish it. Soooo glad!

Maybe the five solid stars are biased but I can't help it- I just love Mark Crilley's work.
Gary
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read good reviews about this so I gave it a shot. Little bit cliche, but I still liked it. The mystery was intriguing, but I felt that there could have been more to it. I mean, all those superpowers just to capture a human murderer?
Invisible
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
A nice comic for a summer read.
Meagan Collins
Jul 16, 2017
Akane
Jan 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mark Crilley is an American comic book creator and children's book author/illustrator. He is the creator of Miki Falls, Akiko, and Brody's Ghost. He is also noted for his instructional videos for drawing in the manga-style. Crilley distributes drawing advice to artists via YouTube videos and his DeviantArt account. In August 2010, he starred in some how to draw videos for Funimation on demand. Mar ...more
More about Mark Crilley