Start by marking “The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)

The Dark Prophecy

(The Trials of Apollo #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  46,704 ratings  ·  4,058 reviews
Go west. Capture Apollo before he can find the next oracle.
If you cannot bring him to me alive, kill him.

Those were the orders my old enemy Nero had given to Meg McCaffrey. But why would an ancient Roman emperor zero in on Indianapolis? And now that I have made it here (still in the embarrassing form of Lester Papadopoulos), where is Meg?

Meg, my demigod master, is a
Hardcover, First Edition, 401 pages
Published May 2nd 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Prophecy, please sign up.
Colinne Patrice Yes I would love that. Also something crossed my mind when I was re-reading the whole series: Venus told Reyna that she would not be loved by a…moreYes I would love that. Also something crossed my mind when I was re-reading the whole series: Venus told Reyna that she would not be loved by a demi-god. Which might mean she'll fall in love with a god instead. And then the next book comes Apollo, falling from the sky, recounting how he has lost the two only people he ever truly loved. What if he met Reyna and the two fell for each other? She is awesome, I can see him falling for her no problem. Of course I don't think she would not be much impressed by him at first (notably his egomaniac side could be a downer) but if he proved his worth by reclaiming the oracles (without whining to much about it) she would probably start liking him, with her being a Roman and a sucker for duty and honour and all that...
Anyway I do hope that we see a lot of her in the future books, whether or not she ends up with Apollo.(less)

·  46,704 ratings  ·  4,058 reviews

Start your review of The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)
Emily May
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, 2017
I tried to think of a brilliant plan. Unfortunately, the only thing that came to mind was weeping in terror.

What an absolute dork. I love him so much

Honestly, Apollo is hands down my favourite character that Riordan has ever created. I know all of these books have the same light, humourous tone, but none of the others seem to make me laugh so much. Apollo is just so sassy and snarky, and his disdain for humans rings with hilarious truth.

I think I like these Apollo stories so much more
C.G. Drews
Basically it's just the #1 fact of life that any book in the Camp Halfblood world CAN DO NO WRONG. This was a completely fabulous sequel to The Hidden Oracle! Although I didn't like it quite as much because (A) it wasn't as hilarious, although still funny, and (B) the plot wasn't as exciting and twisty as the first one. But it was still an entirely solid read for me and I think I'm half in love with Apollo -- who is a DORK and narcissist and but what can you do. He's adorable.

I think Apollo's
Arch
May 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
*UPDATE*

It's out. We did it guys. We made it through the waiting.

And boy, was it worth it. (Full review coming soon!)

****

"Expected Publication: 2017"

2017

2017

WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL 2017

UPDATE: On further reflection I've decided to add a handy guide to help you get through this wait. Here are some steps I recommend from experience:

-Obsessively re-read The Hidden Oracle
-Obsessively re-read the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
-Obsessively re-read every single thing Rick Riordan has
Claudia Ramírez
More like 3.5 stars.

I enjoyed this book, I really did. Apollo was hilarious (again).
But to be honest, I didn't feel it had anything special or memorable. It was just okay.
P
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Please get off! the trooper wailed. Please and thank you!

I hysterically laughed my ass off while I was reading this book on the BTS. The Dark Prophecy picks up after what happened in The Hidden Oracle. Lester, aka Apollo, teamed up with Leo and his girlfriend and comes to Indianapolis to pursue the prophecy he was bestowed. The tone of this book is as good as the first book but the pace is quite slow. Apollo reminded me of Deadpool talking with readers with his sarcastic tone. His development
April
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading a Rick Riordan book is just pure fun.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
4.5 Golden Stars

Let's start,
Shall we?

I loved it & enjoyed it, not as much as book 1 or 3 tho, but it was amazing! WOW! Apollo! I didn't see that/those coming!
Rick writes astonishingly by great choices of words & events & making the story goes on excitingly & by adding unique fun makes it double awesome. He inserts everything needed to make a book BREATHTAKING & INTERESTING! (fun, thrills, feels)
why I love to re-read? because I find new clues (after reading next book(s) in the
Ahmed  Ejaz
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Most of you must have gotten by now that I have gotten completely addicted to Rick Riordan. This is the 12th book I have read by him and I read the previous eleven books almost in row. And the thought of any regret didn't even pass before me.

Well, for this book it was much better than the last one. It was more gripping and more interesting. The only thing which was missing here was Percbeth!! Annabeth didn't even appear in the last one. She is helping her relative or something....WHATEVER! I
Maureen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly don't know how Rick Riordan's books keep getting funnier but they do somehow. Being in Apollo's head, while annoying at times, is hilarious.
I enjoyed this book but didn't *love* it. I think Apollo just doesn't appeal to me as much as Percy or any of the other Demigods, but it's really interesting and entertaining to have a new perspective. I'm excited to see where it goes next!
prag ♻
WHY YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK:
● lesbian warriors who gave up immortality to live with each other & build a home open to anybody who doesn't have one
● bisexual main character
● a talking arrow who sprouts bits of shakespearean wisdom randomly (yes he's my favorite character,, riptide who?)
LEAVEST THOU WELL BEFORE DAWN. TIS A COUNTER-COMMUTE, AYE, BUT THERE SHALL BE CONSTRUCTION ON HIGHWAY THIRTY-SEVEN. EXPECTEST THOU TO TRAVEL ONE HOUR AND FORTY-TWO MINUTES.
I narrowed my eyes. Are you
Natalie Monroe

"I, the most important passenger, the youth who had once been the glorious god Apollo, was forced to sit in the back of the dragon."

More than once while reading I've had to ponder: Am I getting too old for Percy Jackson? That thought filled me with such terror I had to drink from my Butterbeer cup and gaze up at my wall of Taylor Swift posters to confirm that, yes, I was a stinkin'no-good millennial who blows her money on stupid shit instead helping the economy.

But as I read on, I
Zain Otoom
Apr 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my lord O_o
I think I've gone blind looking at this cover O_o
Drew
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: middle-grade, fantasy
I'm so tired of the shameless liberal advertising in books lately. I'm seeing it in nearly every YA book I pick up, but reading it in a middle grade book, a book meant for children, was the last straw. It prompted me to finally write something about this vastly growing issue.

There I was, happily content to be reading some fun Rick Riordan mythology again, when suddenly a huge sign with the words LIBERAL BRAINWASHING AHEAD popped up. You know when you're in the middle of watching a YouTube video
lauren ♡
EDIT #3: Decided to drop this down to 4 stars because the more I think about it the more I was caught up in my own hype when I gave it 5 stars. I still loved it though!!

EDIT #2: Whilst I didn't love this as much as I loved The Hidden Oracle it was still AMAZING. It's no surprise that everything Rick writes is going to be a favourite of mine. Apollo is such a great character and I love his dynamic with Meg so much. I think the reason why I enjoyed THO more was because it was set at Camp Half
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2), Rick Riordan
The Dark Prophecy is an American fantasy novel based on Greek and Roman mythology written by Rick Riordan. It was published on May 2, 2017, and is the second book in The Trials of Apollo series.
Six weeks after losing Meg McCaffrey to Nero and receiving the first prophecy, Apollo, Leo, Festus and Calypso are headed on a journey to stop Nero and the Triumvirate from controlling all of the oracles. Apollo has a vision that Margeret was sent
Bhavik (Semi Hiatus)
Final Review (May add more later) :

*spoiler alert!*

OMFG...how much I had missed it!
All the characters new and old...even the Villain they all brought so much fun!
Leo and Calypso were amaze!
Apollo ofcourse was funny as usual!
Although 1st book was a tad bit better and yet I did enjoy it!

(Gonna stop here now coz net may stop any moment sigh)

Edit 1 :
ASDFDFHHG THE DAY OF RECKONING IS HERE.
I AM NOT PREPARED.
CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT IN MY HANDS!!! <3

[Bringing you this update before it gets entangled in
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
I always enjoy reading the books written by Rick Riordan. The stories flow well and the characters are are well developed and thay always make me laugh. I really liked how this book was put together. I was really addicted and could not put the book down at all. He still the best imagination ever. How does he still come up with this stuff? Always an adventure. Best teacher I ever had. And will probably have until i'm like 45 lol.
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Still funny and entertaining, but not as funny and entertaining as book one. I was a little disappointed because one of my favorite aspects of book one was that Apollo interacted with his kids, and I was fully expecting a couple of them to join him on this quest (namely Will with Nico tagging along). And while I did get familiar faces none of his kids joined him.

However, many new characters are introduced who I grew to like. Then we have one of my babies who finally returned. (view spoiler)
Sophia
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
oh man this is only the second book in a five-books series and shit is already hitting the fan

really fun installment. apollo is such a humorous, entertaining, and surprisingly likable narrator. great new cast of characters introduced in this book. v exciting, kind of complicated plotline. all in all, good stuff, uncle rick.

video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tvJ...
Georgina
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
✨4 stars✨
Id like Rick Riordan to write my life please. Is that possible? Pretty please with karpos thrown peaches on top? His writing is so captivating and I know that technically its aimed at a slightly younger audience than me but like sorry what? Didnt hear you over how much I bloody adore the mythological world hes created.

Apollo remains to be such a walking, talking, wonderful contradiction. But hes working on it, going from a god to a spotty mortal teen, slowly coming to terms with that
Lucy of Swords
Rereading this in the #ReadRiordanBookClub for March, 2018.
check out my trials of apollo youtube playlist here
***

"As long as Gods shall live, so long shall I love you"

Forget everything i said about TDP the first time i read it. It's a masterpiece.
Ro
May 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
What the f*ck? 2017? Are u kidding me Riordan?
i need it photo: i need it IronmanINeedit_zps7e3d32a6.gif
give it to me photo: tumblr_mb728epbdt1qhvnyx_zps6801a424.gif

2017?!!!
You know what? I NEED A DRINK.
i need it photo: I NEED A DRINK CASDRINKBEER.gif
William
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star

This book is such an absolute delight. It's one of those things in life you thought you really didn't need until it enters your life and proves you completely wrong. Then, you vociferously realize that you need more of it, NOW.

In a world where hatred, suffering, and oppression seem to proliferate exponentially (at least in the news, no thanks to the orange cheeto occupying the white house and his enablers in the house and senate), this book is a much-needed tonic of unbridled laughter, sass,
ambsreads
FIND ALL MY REVIEWS FOR THE TRIALS OF APOLLO ON MY BLOG

The Dark Prophecy is the second book in the Trials of Apollo, a series focusing on the god Apollo who has been cast down to Earth as a mortal and forced to complete a quest to save everyone. I have a review up for the first book, the one before this review on my blog. I will also warn that there may be a few minor spoilers for book one, but if youre not too bothered by that then read ahead, friends!

The Dark Prophecy may be my least favourite
diasreads
HITTEST ME WITH THY BEST SHOT!
Calypso edged toward the griffins. I followed behind hernot because I was scared to lead, mind you. Everyone knows that when advancing into danger, the soprano goes first. They are your infantry, while the altos and tenors are your cavalry, and the bass your artillery. Ive tried to explain this to Ares a million times, but he has no clue about vocal arrangement.

It has been months since I've read a really entertaining book and I've forgotten just how easy
Ashley Nuckles
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had been debating for a night what rating I would give this one, and I settled on 4.75 stars (even though I put 5).

This book got REALLY GOOD REALLY FAST, it was just the very beginning that was sluggish to me. I got 35 pages in and actually put it down for the rest of the day. But other than that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

I just want to say LEO. AND CALYPSO. MY BABIES. And Apollo goes through some serious character development in this one and I absolutely loved it. (Now I only hope he doesn't
Anna Luce
Rating: 5

Riordan showcases once again his best skills: an irresistibly engaging narrator, funny and snarky side characters, embarrassing and dangerous scenarios, and an abundance of humor. Infused with allusion to classical mythology and other historical events, the plot is fast-paced and follows Apollo and his friends through a series of tests and other obstacles: he encounters two admirable former Hunters, a certain glass-eyed toughie and plenty of demigods. Apollo's mis-adventures are
Sara Saif
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it

Eh, what? No, no, no. It took 12 months for me to get to read this. It cant just be over in 2 days. NO, IT CANT. SHUT UP.

When youve been part of a fandom for years and years, every shred of objectivity slowly melts away until youre left with blind adoration and a puppy-eyed face asking for more. And more. And more. I was annoyed quite a lot while reading the Dark Prophecy. There were countless times where I went, oh, here we go again and come on, weve been through this before and I know how
may ➹
Sooooooo. I read this like, what, a month ago?? (It feels like a year ago.) | Thus, this review will be in a mess and pretty much all over the place, because do I edit my reviews after I write them? Not really. :)

This will be fairly short.

The characters, of course, are amazing and sassy. What else did you expect from Rick Riordan? Not serious characters, of course. We have Apollo, who is extremely arrogant and cocky but also sarcastic and somehow still likeable??? I mean, sometimes I felt like
Janani(ஜனனி)
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Trust me on this. Riordan and Disappointment can never be in the same sentence. That Dude sure knows how to satiate your hunger for humor, actions and myths. I'm so sure that half of the time I guffawed when I read the book. Thee adventures the characters went through were so much fun to read about. I will sure smash those heads who says "Grr. Isn't it a middle grade series?" SO? WHAT IS YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?

Here comes our great-great-great Apollo as a pathetic whiny teeny mortal. The poetry sense,

• Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Rick Riordan
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • The Red Pyramid: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • The Trials of Apollo Book Two The Dark Prophecy
  • The Trials of Apollo, Book 1: The Hidden Oracle
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner #2)
  • Dragon Pearl
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)