Start by marking “The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2)

The Dark Prophecy

(The Trials of Apollo #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  32,222 Ratings  ·  3,269 Reviews
The second book in the the latest series from Percy Jackson creator Rick Riordan. The god Apollo, stuck in the body of a teenage boy, must undergo the second of his trials to regain his immortality.
Hardcover, First Edition, 414 pages
Published May 2nd 2017 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Prophecy, please sign up.
Colinne Patrice Yes I would love that. Also something crossed my mind when I was re-reading the whole series: Venus told Reyna that she would not be loved by a…moreYes I would love that. Also something crossed my mind when I was re-reading the whole series: Venus told Reyna that she would not be loved by a demi-god. Which might mean she'll fall in love with a god instead. And then the next book comes Apollo, falling from the sky, recounting how he has lost the two only people he ever truly loved. What if he met Reyna and the two fell for each other? She is awesome, I can see him falling for her no problem. Of course I don't think she would not be much impressed by him at first (notably his egomaniac side could be a downer) but if he proved his worth by reclaiming the oracles (without whining to much about it) she would probably start liking him, with her being a Roman and a sucker for duty and honour and all that...
Anyway I do hope that we see a lot of her in the future books, whether or not she ends up with Apollo.(less)
Serena There are no rules with Goodreads ratings, they could be ratings on how much they are looking forward to it or not.

Emily May
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy, 2017
I tried to think of a brilliant plan. Unfortunately, the only thing that came to mind was weeping in terror.

What an absolute dork. I love him so much

Honestly, Apollo is hands down my favourite character that Riordan has ever created. I know all of these books have the same light, humourous tone, but none of the others seem to make me laugh so much. Apollo is just so sassy and snarky, and his disdain for humans rings with hilarious truth.

I think I like these Apollo stories so much more becaus
C.G. Drews
Basically it's just the #1 fact of life that any book in the Camp Halfblood world CAN DO NO WRONG. This was a completely fabulous sequel to The Hidden Oracle! Although I didn't like it quite as much because (A) it wasn't as hilarious, although still funny, and (B) the plot wasn't as exciting and twisty as the first one. But it was still an entirely solid read for me and I think I'm half in love with Apollo -- who is a DORK and narcissist and but what can you do. He's adorable.

I think Apollo's ch
Arch
May 04, 2016 marked it as to-read
*UPDATE*

It's out. We did it guys. We made it through the waiting.

And boy, was it worth it. (Full review coming soon!)

****

"Expected Publication: 2017"

2017

2017

WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL 2017

UPDATE: On further reflection I've decided to add a handy guide to help you get through this wait. Here are some steps I recommend from experience:

-Obsessively re-read The Hidden Oracle
-Obsessively re-read the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series
-Obsessively re-read every single thing Rick Riordan has
Claudia Ramírez
More like 3.5 stars.

I enjoyed this book, I really did. Apollo was hilarious (again).
But to be honest, I didn't feel it had anything special or memorable. It was just okay.
P
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
“Please get off!” the trooper wailed. “Please and thank you!”

I hysterically laughed my ass off while I was reading this book on the BTS. The Dark Prophecy picks up after what happened in The Hidden Oracle. Lester, aka Apollo, teamed up with Leo and his girlfriend and comes to Indianapolis to pursue the prophecy he was bestowed. The tone of this book is as good as the first book but the pace is quite slow. Apollo reminded me of Deadpool talking with readers with his sarcastic tone. His developm
April
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading a Rick Riordan book is just pure fun.
Ahmed  Ejaz
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Most of you must have gotten by now that I have gotten completely addicted to Rick Riordan. This is the 12th book I have read by him and I read the previous eleven books almost in row. And the thought of any regret didn't even pass before me.

Well, for this book it was much better than the last one. It was more gripping and more interesting. The only thing which was missing here was Percbeth!! Annabeth didn't even appear in the last one. She is helping her relative or something....WHATEVER! I
Yasamin Seifaee
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, english
update: 6/4/2017

Wonderful!
Riordan did a great job on creating the character Apollo! Can't wait for the next book (╥_╥)
The only thing that bothered me a little was the prophecy quest thing that has been a thing in all of Riordan's books.

بسیار عالی!
باید بگم رایردن با شخصیت آپولو شاهکار کرده و درواقع بهترین شخصیتیه که تا به حال به وجود آورده.
تنها چیزی که یه کم اذیتم میکرد این قضیه ی پیشگویی و جست و جو که تو همه ی کتاب های رایردن هست، بود. به غیر از این همه چیز عالی بود. آخ آخ طنزهای آپولو! خیلی خی
Maureen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I honestly don't know how Rick Riordan's books keep getting funnier but they do somehow. Being in Apollo's head, while annoying at times, is hilarious.
I enjoyed this book but didn't *love* it. I think Apollo just doesn't appeal to me as much as Percy or any of the other Demigods, but it's really interesting and entertaining to have a new perspective. I'm excited to see where it goes next!
WHY YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK:
● lesbian warriors who gave up immortality to live with each other & build a home open to anybody who doesn't have one
● bisexual main character
● a talking arrow who sprouts bits of shakespearean wisdom randomly (yes he's my favorite character,, riptide who?)
LEAVEST THOU WELL BEFORE DAWN. ’TIS A COUNTER-COMMUTE, AYE, BUT THERE SHALL BE CONSTRUCTION ON HIGHWAY THIRTY-SEVEN. EXPECTEST THOU TO TRAVEL ONE HOUR AND FORTY-TWO MINUTES.
I narrowed my eyes. “Are you som
Alexxy
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads, yet-2-r
MAY 2017?

Natalie Monroe

"I, the most important passenger, the youth who had once been the glorious god Apollo, was forced to sit in the back of the dragon."

More than once while reading I've had to ponder: Am I getting too old for Percy Jackson? That thought filled me with such terror I had to drink from my Butterbeer cup and gaze up at my wall of Taylor Swift posters to confirm that, yes, I was a stinkin'no-good millennial who blows her money on stupid shit instead helping the economy.

But as I read on, I rea
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
"Mientras los dioses vivan, todo ese tiempo te amaré".

"As long as gods shall live, so long shall I love you".

Tras sobrevirir al desastre del Oráculo de Dodona y a la traición de Meg, Apolo debe seguir con su misión de hacer que los demás Oráculos funcionen, se restauren las comunicaciones entre los semidioses y el malvado Triunvirato Romano no se apodere del mundo mortal. Ahora, con la ayuda de Leo (YAY!) y Calypso, Apolo tiene que viajar a Indianápolis, lugar donde las fuerzas perversas del Seg
Zain Otoom
Apr 08, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my lord O_o
I think I've gone blind looking at this cover O_o
Carlos Peguer
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
He intentado que me guste este libro. De verdad. Pero no he sido capaz, y no sé qué me pasa últimamente con todo lo que leo de Rick Riordan pero me da muchísima pena no estar disfrutando de sus libros como lo hacía antes. No sé si es porque después de unos... ¿20? libros que he leído de este señor ya he llegado a mi límite, pero es que no los aguanto.

No sé. Ya no me hace gracia, no disfruto de sus personajes y las "aventuras" nuevas me parece que están mal hiladas y contadas sin interés, como s
lauren ♡ (wonderless reviews)
EDIT #3: Decided to drop this down to 4 stars because the more I think about it the more I was caught up in my own hype when I gave it 5 stars. I still loved it though!!

EDIT #2: Whilst I didn't love this as much as I loved The Hidden Oracle it was still AMAZING. It's no surprise that everything Rick writes is going to be a favourite of mine. Apollo is such a great character and I love his dynamic with Meg so much. I think the reason why I enjoyed THO more was because it was set at Camp Half Blo
Drew
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
I'm so tired of the shameless liberal advertising in books lately. I'm seeing it in nearly every YA book I pick up, but reading it in a middle grade book, a book meant for children, was the last straw. It prompted me to finally write something about this vastly growing issue.

There I was, happily content to be reading some fun Rick Riordan mythology again, when suddenly a huge sign with the words LIBERAL BRAINWASHING AHEAD popped up. You know when you're in the middle of watching a YouTube video
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
I always enjoy reading the books written by Rick Riordan. The stories flow well and the characters are are well developed and thay always make me laugh. I really liked how this book was put together. I was really addicted and could not put the book down at all. He still the best imagination ever. How does he still come up with this stuff? Always an adventure. Best teacher I ever had. And will probably have until i'm like 45 lol.
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Still funny and entertaining, but not as funny and entertaining as book one. I was a little disappointed because one of my favorite aspects of book one was that Apollo interacted with his kids, and I was fully expecting a couple of them to join him on this quest (namely Will with Nico tagging along). And while I did get familiar faces none of his kids joined him.

However, many new characters are introduced who I grew to like. Then we have one of my babies who finally returned. (view spoiler)
Bhavik (Semi Hiatus)
Final Review (May add more later) :

*spoiler alert!*

OMFG...how much I had missed it!
All the characters new and old...even the Villain they all brought so much fun!
Leo and Calypso were amaze!
Apollo ofcourse was funny as usual!
Although 1st book was a tad bit better and yet I did enjoy it!

(Gonna stop here now coz net may stop any moment sigh)

Edit 1 :
ASDFDFHHG THE DAY OF RECKONING IS HERE.
I AM NOT PREPARED.
CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT IN MY HANDS!!! <3

[Bringing you this update before it gets entangled in
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.5 golden stars/5
omg! this book was awesome! Rick writes AMAZING & he adds everything needed to make a book INTERESTING!😍 (fun, adrenaline, feels)
last few chapters was AWESOME!
& last page was just: YAAAS!😍
(tho the first pages were a bit down.)
Can't wait to read the next one!
Sophia
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
oh man this is only the second book in a five-books series and shit is already hitting the fan

really fun installment. apollo is such a humorous, entertaining, and surprisingly likable narrator. great new cast of characters introduced in this book. v exciting, kind of complicated plotline. all in all, good stuff, uncle rick.

video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tvJ...
Georgina
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
✨4 stars✨
I’d like Rick Riordan to write my life please. Is that possible? Pretty please with karpos thrown peaches on top? His writing is so captivating and I know that technically it’s aimed at a slightly younger audience than me but like sorry what? Didn’t hear you over how much I bloody adore the mythological world he’s created.

Apollo remains to be such a walking, talking, wonderful contradiction. But he’s working on it, going from a god to a spotty mortal teen, slowly coming to terms with t
Andrea
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, series, with-review
4.5

QUE FINAAAAAAAAL.
No me gustó tanto como el primero, pero lo disfruté muchísimo de todas formas. La evolución que ha tenido Apolo es mi cosa favorita en el mundo, me encanta como narrador y con este libro se ha convertido en un personaje muy especial e incluso puedo decir que uno de mis favoritos del autor.

Amo la fluidez de los capítulos, las aventuras nunca se perciben aburridas y ninguno de los nuevos personajes me pasó indiferente. Y la naturalidad con la que representa la comunidad LGBT
Ro
May 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
What the f*ck? 2017? Are u kidding me Riordan?
i need it photo: i need it IronmanINeedit_zps7e3d32a6.gif
give it to me photo: tumblr_mb728epbdt1qhvnyx_zps6801a424.gif

2017?!!!
You know what? I NEED A DRINK.
i need it photo: I NEED A DRINK CASDRINKBEER.gif
William
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star

This book is such an absolute delight. It's one of those things in life you thought you really didn't need until it enters your life and proves you completely wrong. Then, you vociferously realize that you need more of it, NOW.

In a world where hatred, suffering, and oppression seem to proliferate exponentially (at least in the news, no thanks to the orange cheeto occupying the white house and his enablers in the house and senate), this book is a much-needed tonic of unbridled laughter, sass, an
 ✨ Dianna ✨ (mylifeasannaidreading)
HITTEST ME WITH THY BEST SHOT!
Calypso edged toward the griffins. I followed behind her—not because I was scared to lead, mind you. Everyone knows that when advancing into danger, the soprano goes first. They are your infantry, while the altos and tenors are your cavalry, and the bass your artillery. I’ve tried to explain this to Ares a million times, but he has no clue about vocal arrangement.

It has been months since I've read a really entertaining book and I've forgotten just how easy Rior
Lucy Rojas
English review at bottom. Spoiler alert.
Rereading this in the #ReadRiordanBookClub for March, 2018.

RESEÑA DE RELECTURA!

Olvida todo lo que dije sobre TDP la primera vez que lo leí. Es una maravilla.
Dejo el review original porque me gusta a pesar de que ya no comparto estos sentimientos con el yo del 2017.

RATING ORIGINAL: 3 estrellas
RESEÑA ORIGINAL!

"As long as Gods shall live, so long shall I love you"

Voy a manejar porcentajes en este review porque me siento matemático af.
Ok, para empezar, debo de
ambsreads
FIND ALL MY REVIEWS FOR THE TRIALS OF APOLLO ON MY BLOG

The Dark Prophecy is the second book in the Trials of Apollo, a series focusing on the god Apollo who has been cast down to Earth as a mortal and forced to complete a quest to save everyone. I have a review up for the first book, the one before this review on my blog. I will also warn that there may be a few minor spoilers for book one, but if you’re not too bothered by that then read ahead, friends!

The Dark Prophecy may be my least favourit
Anna Luce
Rating: 5

Riordan showcases once again his best skills: an irresistibly engaging narrator, funny and snarky side characters, embarrassing and dangerous scenarios, and an abundance of humor. Infused with allusion to classical mythology and other historical events, the plot is fast-paced and follows Apollo and his friends through a series of tests and other obstacles: he encounters two admirable former Hunters, a certain glass-eyed toughie and plenty of demigods. Apollo's mis-adventures are engross
Does anyone else just not really like Calypso? 10 63 Nov 01, 2018 08:36PM
Olympians 1 4 Dec 14, 2017 06:59PM
Trials of Apollo-Dark Prophesy 2 5 Sep 19, 2017 03:18AM
  • Endless Water, Starless Sky (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #2)
  • Seeker (Riders, #2)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1)
  • The Cursed Heir (Spirits and Thieves, #3)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)
  • One Blood Ruby (Seven Black Diamonds, #2)
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
  • Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer, #2)
  • Legion (Talon, #4)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)

The Trials of Apollo (5 books)
  • The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Untitled (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
“It's not how long you live that matters. It's what you live for.” 48 likes
“I remember something Marcus Aurelius used to tell his son, a quote that later became famous in his Meditations book: Think of yourself as dead. You have lived your life. Now, take what's left and live it properly. What doesn't transmit light creates its own darkness.” 43 likes