Start by marking “The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional” as Want to Read:
The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional

The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional

Worship with art as you color-in 46 stunning illustrations based on the parables of Jesus, each with a corresponding devotion and prompts for spiritual reflection and artistic exercise.

God's creativity is everywhere. It's mirrored by His creation--even evident in the illustrative teachings of His Son. This stunning book of 46 soulful, colorable pictures is based on the par
Published January 3rd 2017 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional

Kathleen (Kat) Smith
It seems like there is a coloring book to suit every interest and genre and while most started out for just children, now adults are experiencing a sense of peace and creativity in coloring as well. Whether you are a kid or a kid at heart, I believe you will love The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional by Laura James and Katara Washington Patton. This is something a bit different than your standard coloring book because while there are only 46 illustrations to color, the remainder is a de ...more
Violet
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Parables of Jesus is a coloring book and devotional in one. Each of its 46 readings focuses on one of Jesus’ parables. The coloring picture that follows relates to the reading.

The devotional readings begin with the parable or part of it quoted from the Bible. The entry lists, as well, other places in the gospels where Jesus tells the same story.

The devotional readings include a variety of things such as explanations of the first-century customs behind the word pictures in Jesus’ story, how
Stephanie Tiner
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This stunning coloring book is composed of 46 inspiring parables designed to help Christians know how God expects them to live their lives. The coloring pages themselves correlate to the story on the page ahead of it, allowing for a coloring page per story. Take a moment to learn from these parables and color these stunning images.
I thought that this was an interesting idea for a coloring book. There are many different devotionals out there, but this is the first coloring book devotional I have
Monica
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Parables of Jesus coloring book devotional is unlike any other Christian coloring book that I have seen. Besides containing a devotional, this book also contains pictures that are a modern artist's rendition of Bible stories. They remind me of some of the beautiful stained glass windows that I have seen at some old churches with their bold lines and beg to be filled with bright colors.

The devotionals in this coloring book all contain a Bible verse(s)followed by reflections on the verses for
Joan
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Adult coloring books are popular, encouraging people to slow down in our frantic culture. This book presents the opportunity of relaxing through coloring and being inspired by parables of Jesus. The text page contains the text of the parable, from one of a variety of translations, then a devotion based on that parable. A prompt for spiritual reflection or a prayer is included as well.

Next is a blank page and then a page including an illustration that can be colored. I found this odd as there is
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Parables of Jesus is large and beautiful adult coloring book. It contains the parables of Jesus including the actual Gospel reading, a description and discussion of that reading, and some questions to ask yourself about the passage. Afterwards follows a detailed picture illustrating the parable for the adult to color. The pictures are on thick white paper that is easy to color. The binding is glued. The pictures were of good detail for me to color with my coloring pencils, but not very fine ...more
Oak
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional by Laura James and Katarah Washington Patton is both a coloring book and a devotional. The pages are fun to color in, and using the book is also a nice way to brush up on Jesus’ parables. Perhaps a Sunday school class could use this book for a lesson on some of the parables!

Because the book is a combination of a coloring book and devotional, it is easy to imagine reading one devotional page and completing one coloring page each day. (Each devotional
Michelle
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: families, individuals, and homeschoolers
Recommended to Michelle by: Canaan Byrd
The Parables of Jesus adult coloring book is a fun way to learn about Jesus teachings. For each lesson, the parable is written first, along with a discussion, an activity, and coloring pages. I enjoyed the activities because they can be done as a family while having your own discussion on the parable.

I believe families and individuals should give this devotional a try as an exciting way to spend time with the Lord. This devotional would also be good for homeschoolers to use during their Bible
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coloring-book
My son and I both enjoyed coloring in this book while talking about the parables. The finished pages looked amazing. We showed them to friends and they agreed- this is an enjoyable way to pass the time while reducing stress. Use them as part of your devotions or just enjoy the process. The images are not difficult and are relevant so the whole process is fun. I received a single copy through Hachette Book Group in exchange for an honest review.
Susan Shipe
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The parables of Jesus come alive for children in this book. The text is simple and well written and the illustrations are clear and bold. A great tool for the craft room and homeschool classroom.
Alyssa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful coloring book. I love the pictures and the way that the devotional and the pictures are connected. What better way to reflect on the devotional you just read, than color a picture about it? This really helps you to comprehend and remember what you read and what Jesus was referring to.

The parables Jesus gave to the people were important and things that we need to know. However, some of them were difficult to grasp. This not only gives the explanation of what Jesus was talking
Laura Zielke
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Parables of Jesus a Coloring Book Devotional by Laura James and Katara Washington Patton is like two books in one! Not only do you get a coloring book filled with beautifully-drawn illustrations of imagined scenes in Jesus' parables, but you also get thought-provoking devotionals based on the corresponding Scripture passage.

🔎 Click to enlarge

Both the author and illustrator are African American women who love Jesus and have expressed their personal journeys of faith on these pages. The illu
Luke ( LUCI ) Peterson