Start by marking “The Cottage at Firefly Lake (Firefly Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cottage at Firefly Lake (Firefly Lake, #1)

The Cottage at Firefly Lake (Firefly Lake #1)

Some mistakes can never be fixed and some secrets never forgiven . . . but some loves can never be forgotten.

Charlotte Gibbs wants nothing more than to put the past behind her, once and for all. But now that she's back at Firefly Lake to sell her mother's cottage, the overwhelming flood of memories reminds her of what she's been missing. Sun-drenched days. Late-night kisse
Published January 31st 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Cottage at Firefly Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cottage at Firefly Lake

Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Read an excerpt and enter to win a copy of this wonderful book HERE.

3.5 Stars
The Cottage at Firefly Lake is Jen Gilroy's debut romance book, but you honestly can't tell. She effortlessly brings this wonderful tale of second chances to us in such a sweet and romantic way that you won't want to put this book down.

I really liked Charlotte and Sean together and I was so happy that they didn't give up on each other. They were far from perfect characters but seeing them try to move past thei
Julie
My review for 'The Cottage at Firefly Lake' by Jen Gilroy will be posted closer to the release date. Stay tuned!

Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
In my quest of looking for new authors and different kind of stories, I found The Cottage at Firefly Lake, the debut novel of Jen Gilroy, a beautiful love story about family, forgiveness, overpassing fears and of course, true love. This book features two stories, Charlie and Sean’s as the main couple and Naomi and Ty’s as secondary couple. These romances are entangled between family secrets, pride, mistakes, lies, open old wounds, and the future of a whole traditional town. This mix had me glue ...more
Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Jan 01, 2017 Misty (Red's Romance Review's) rated it really liked it
Charlotte Gibbs walked away from Firefly Lake years ago with a broken heart and a plan in place for the future she had always dreamed about having. Walking away from the love of her life was hard, but with time her heart healed, and she found a way to achieve all she had set out to do, now she is living the life she always wanted... or is she? When she returns to Firefly Lake to tie up loose ends left behind by her parents, the memories start to assail her and she begins to doubt the decisions s ...more
Crystal
Jan 28, 2017 Crystal rated it it was amazing
The Cottage at Firefly Lake is Jen Gilroy's debut book and the first in a promising new series. I can't wait to see what this talented new author has in store for us lucky readers. I know I certainly enjoyed this book and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

The Cottage at Firefly Lake contains all the great things that makes for an awesome read. There is romance, family relationships,past secrets, and a nice amount of drama to keep those pages flipping.

Charlotte Gibbs has lead an exc
books are love
Jan 31, 2017 books are love rated it really liked it
Great second chance romance. Rocky moments for Sean and Charlie for they are both so stubborn and set in their ways. Charlie is also afraid. Afraid that Sean will put his business first.

Sean is a caring and gentle guy. He is responsible and family oriented. His love for his son is great and he empathizes with him even though it doesn’t seem it. He also trusts him and seeing them work on their relationship is awesome. Sean is also hiding his heart and trying not to let anyone in. He had such a in
Marlene
Feb 03, 2017 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

The Cottage at Firefly Lake is a book about second chances. Not just the second chance at love that forms the backbone of the story, but also a second chance at family, and a second chance at life. Or perhaps that last would be better referred to as a “do over” at life. You be the judge.

Charlotte and Mia Gibbs have returned to Firefly Lake to sell their late mother’s cottage. It’s the place where they spent their summers, and it’s all they have left of thei
Cyndi
Jan 23, 2017 Cyndi rated it really liked it
Jen Gilroys' The Cottage At Firefly Lane is a heart-stirring debut centering around forgiveness and second chances. Charlotte "Charlie" Gibbs returns home to sell her mothers cottage and is almost immediately faced with her past, her first and only love Sean Carmichael. Their deep but long ago connection, one that is nearly beyond repair, forms the basis for the story line but the story is not limited to these two characters and the past. The family interactions that Gilroy paints shows the inte ...more
Amy
Dec 08, 2016 Amy rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.

The Cottage at Firefly Lake is the debut novel of author Jen Gilroy. Told from dual points of view, The Cottage at Firefly Lake follows the story of Charlotte and Sean. Charlotte wanted nothing more than to travel the world and leave home. However leaving home meant leaving Sean behind. Charlotte was madly in love with Sean, so leaving him behind was the last thing she ever wanted. But, sometimes, things happen for a reason. Despite her decisions, Charlotte has tried her best to enjoy
Brittany
DNF @ 100 pages

I'm not one to shy away from DNF'ing. But this year I promised myself to do it more often. There is absolutely no point in finishing something I'm not enjoying. Especially when I have a billion books on my ever-growing TBR.
This isn't a bad book, there's just nothing compelling me to finish it. Let's just call it dull. It's funny because it's not overly dramatic yet it is. One character has just lived through a near death experience; plus her past includes two recently dead parents
Beyond the Pages
Dec 17, 2016 Beyond the Pages rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a beautiful, heart-warming second chance love story. It was filled with amazing characters, real-life challenges, familial conflicts, disturbing secrets and more. I laughed. I cried. I hoped. Well done!

Rating: 4.5/5
Want More: Yes

NetGalley
Lisa Mccrey
Feb 07, 2017 Lisa Mccrey rated it really liked it
Such a sweet love story. When I got the request to review this I was super excited because 1. I loved the blurb and 2. I was given the option of an E-book or a paperback! I love my Kindle but I truly enjoyed flipping the pages of an actual book. Ok, that has nothing to do with the story just a cute tidbit, but I digress. This second chance love story wasn't sacchrine sweet nor was it super angsty either. I was a great mix of both which made it enjoyable.

I love how stable, strong and loyal Sean
Katherine Hooton
Feb 24, 2017 Katherine Hooton rated it really liked it
For everyone who enjoys romance stories with well drawn characters, a lovely setting and an interesting storyline I cannot recommend [The Cottage at Firefly Lake] highly enough. This is a great story to curl up with on a snowy day and lose yourself in thoughts of warm summer days at the cottage, lost loves rekindled, sensitive men, and intelligent women.

Charlie and her sister and niece return to their family cottage, prepared to sell it after the death of their mother and move on with their live
Kendra Needs
Jan 10, 2017 Kendra Needs rated it really liked it
THE COTTAGE AT FIREFLY LAKE by Jen Gilroy is the first book by this author (it appears to be) and this debut book was just amazing, and look forward to reading more by this author and this series.

The story in this book was very well written and developed and the plot was very fast paced, filled with honest to goodness love/romance story between Charlotte and Sean, with a small side teen love story between Sean's son and Charlottes niece.  It has been a while since a story has pulled on my hearts
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I really enjoyed this book, it is my first by this author and I am impressed. It was very heartwarming and I loved that it was a second chance love story, those are my favorite. The characters and story line were amazing, they felt real.
Cin
Feb 26, 2017 Cin rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Contemporary romance is not my favourite kind of books. This story is pretty good. I would recommend this to someone who love reading romance novels.
I received a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads program. Thank you for sending me this book.
Hope Burton
Mar 14, 2017 Hope Burton rated it did not like it
This was so bad that I don't even want to spend the time writing about it on my blog.

Charlie was one of the worst protagonists I've come across. Sean took so much heat for stuff he couldn't control.

The only realistic and good part about this book was the dog.
Sheila Cohen
Mar 05, 2017 Sheila Cohen rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Pleasant romance novel
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

3.5 sweet stars

The Cottage at Firefly Lake is a sweet second chance romance that was a great way to fill a couple of afternoons.

Sean and Charlie/Charlotte's story is filled with lots of history, family secrets and lies, and love - first love, love lost, love rekindled. And doing what is right - maybe not right for them but right for those around them.

Not going to lie, at times Charlie frustrated me. She is the kick ass international investigative jo
Book Lover
Jan 23, 2017 Book Lover rated it really liked it
Charlotte returns to Firefly Lake with her sister and nieces to sell their family cabin after her mother dies. Growing up, her family spent summers at the lake. She and Sean started out as best friends then became lovers in their teen years, until Charlotte turned 18 and broke it off to follow her dreams, never looking back. Now, 18 years later, she’s back to settle her mother’s affairs.

Sean never left Firefly Lake. He took over his family’s business, growing it, got married, had a son and divo
Angela
Jan 09, 2017 Angela rated it liked it
Sometimes you just want some easy reading. Maybe you just finished something heavy, or maybe your life is a little crazy and an effortless read is just what the doctor ordered. The Cottage at Firefly Lake is your medicine, baby.

After her mother's death, Charlotte returns to her family's summer cottage to get it ready for the real estate market. She runs into teenage sweetheart Sean, whose family business is in town - has always been and will forever be. Their past love is now colored by adult r
Linda Rea
Jan 14, 2017 Linda Rea rated it it was amazing
Charlie/Charlotte Gibbs is back at Firefly lake with her sister Mia and her daughters Naomi and Emma to sell the cottage they spent summers in, the cottage where she met Sean the only guy she ever loved. Charlie left to be a reporter just like she planned and left Sean to take over his dad's business and because she was forced to. Now she and Mia need the money the cottage will bring from a big developer who wants to change everything putting Sean's business in jeopardy.
Sean has never forgotten
Meaghan
Feb 12, 2017 Meaghan rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Charlotte and Sean's rekindled romance was the center of the book and was wonderful to read. The side plots in the book, however, fell a little short. The romance between the teenagers and the money/cottage sale were not believable however. Overall, I enjoyed the setting and the story.
Pam
Jan 31, 2017 Pam rated it really liked it

Charlotte Gibbs spent her childhood summers at her family cottage on Firefly Lake and now she wants nothing more than to put the past behind her. Now that her mother has passed away she has returned to firefly lake to sell the cottage. Being back has stirred up old memories and reminds her of what she has been missing.

Seeing Sean Carmichael from the marina next door has also brought forward the feelings she has been trying to bury for a long time. Sean Car
Anna
Feb 01, 2017 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters are likable and fully developed. I love that there are dual love stories, one between the adult main characters and one between two related teens. Most of all, I liked that the conflicts in this book were incredibly realistic and relatable. There’s an issue about real estate and conflict of interest. There’s a bit about how hard it is to rebuild trust. There’s a whole lot about the little lies we tell each other with the best of intentions. Finally, ...more
Chantale Canadian Book Addict
This book was ok but just wasn't one that I couldn't put down.

It is a quick and easy read but I don't think I will read the next book.
The Beebster
The Beebster rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2017
Pari
Pari rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2017
Kizzy Kingsley
Kizzy Kingsley rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Sue Ellen
Sue Ellen rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2017
Growing up under the big sky of western Canada and spending summers in a little Ontario town, books were my passport to other worlds. Pioneering Laura Ingalls, Jo March and her sisters, the English girls in Noel Streatfeild’s books and L.M. Montgomery’s independent, nature-loving heroines all became friends.

I started writing poems and stories in elementary school and, as a teenager, reached the s
More about Jen Gilroy...

Firefly Lake (3 books)
  • Summer on Firefly Lake (Firefly Lake, #2)
  • Untitled (Firefly Lake, #3)