Start by marking “Shadows of the Lost Sun (Map to Everywhere, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadows of the Lost Sun (Map to Everywhere, #3)

Shadows of the Lost Sun

(The Map to Everywhere #3)

Magical worlds and incredible creatures fill the pages of this action-packed adventure in the Map to Everywhere series!

Fearless adventurers Marrill and Fin have just barely stopped the Iron Tide and the evil wizard Serth from destroying the Pirate Stream. Now they're on a mission to find Fin's missing mother, but before they can blink, Fin's people have found him--and they
Published January 10th 2017 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of the Lost Sun, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Suzanne Maley
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very intense, unexpected ending. On to book 4.
Leah
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this book as much as the first two books in this series, but it was still a fun story. Like the previous two books, there was some interesting information and plenty of action in this story. Also, I was surprised by the ending, but I liked it. It was my favorite part of the story. It has me looking forward to the next/last book in this series.

I still like most of the characters. My favorite is Naysayer, but he wasn't in this book much. I liked Ardent the least. He let his obsession
Carina Olsen
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have waited so long for this book. And finally I have gotten to read it. Eee. This book was worth the wait. I just loved it so, so much. I do feel that it was way too short, though, lol. Waiting for book four will be torture. Because this book ends in a pretty bad place, and I am dying to know what happens next. Cannot wait.

I can't describe how much love I have for this series. They are just such amazing books. And gosh, the artwork. It is beyond stunning. And it all fits so well with the stor
Alyson Kent
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Need book four. *sobs*
Amanda
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh NO you didn't! How could you leave the ending like THIS?! No pressure or anything here--okay, who am I kidding? MUCH pressure here!--I need you to wrap all of those nasty, loose ends together and bring about a HAPPY ending, PLEASE. Things are looking very grim.

(view spoiler)
Brina
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich bin verliebt in den Piratenstrom!
Auch Fins und Marrills drittes Abenteuer hat mich wieder voll in seinen Bann gezogen.
Ich finde diese Welt, die das Autorenduo da kreiert hat einfach fantastisch - der Eisenerne Kapitän, die Schwingen und Schemen, der Tauknotenzwirbel (Ach Coll!) und die Unternehmungslustige Krake mit unseren Helden mal wieder mittendrin!
Einzige kleine Anmerkung ist, dass man tatsächlich an einigen Stellen sehr aufmerksam lesen muss, weil teilweise nun auch verschränkte Zeiteb
Katelyn
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I almost gave up on this book.

Not because it was bad, but I just wasn't getting swept up in the magic and crazy world-building like I did in the other two books. Honestly it wasn't until Coll's pov that I really fell back in love with this story because uhm, Coll.

Coll glanced at Remy. She stood gripping the wheel, ignoring it all as she steered them away from the void. Her quick thinking and daring had saved their lives. And he had no idea what to say. So he gestured at the Steam-doused cacopho
Katrina Patton
Having read the first three in the series, I can say this is probably ranked second in terms of how good it is. The first one was the best just because of all the world building. This one is second for all the gut punches it throws. Don't go in with unicorns and butterflies in mind. With that said, it is still fairly light hearted. The best thing I've found with this series is that it doesn't dumb down the drama, tension, and heartbreak for kids' sake. I appreciate that. Children are smarter and ...more
Jasmine
i NEVER TRUSTED that man. I NEVER TRUSTED HIM.

*ahem*

The plot thickens, wild and wacky hijinks appears, and some really impressively intense stuff about the nature of personhood, real strength, a duty towards truth, and what it is appropriate to sacrifice to save someone you care for, all make their appearance.

Also a menacing and sentience mollusc who infects sailors with stories and binds them to itself with living ink.

Middle Grade is the grade, you guys.
Bernadette
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazing. The thrilling third book of the Map to Everywhere series held me captivated with every turn of the page. Filled with heart-wrenching plot twists, emotional scenes, and clever and laugh-out-loud humor, the book kept the lovable pace of the other two books. There's not much I can talk about without spoiling everything, but this book was phenomenal. If the fourth one doesn't come out soon, I may die from the anticipation that the cliff-hanger ending left me on!
WyrmbergMalcolm
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Where the first two books were more of an exploratory adventure, this really kept the pulse going with its intense overhanging threat. Some new characters added to the mix kept things interesting between the existing characters and the final revelation, though seen coming, was quite the kick in the teeth. As before, this book contains some wonderful illustrations that really do help immerse the reader in the world on the Pirate Streem.
Logan Swain
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The third installment in the Map to Everywhere series is a lot darker and less funny than the first two. I also found it much more confusing, although that may have been because I was so excited to read it that I finished it in about three hours. I was disappointed by the plot twists, which undermined the foundation that the first two books had laid. I am almost afraid to read the fourth book.
Sarah Regans
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
As with the other books on the series this one is full of adventure, humor, and imagination! Even as an adult I’ve greatly enjoyed these books. This one is action packed and is difficult to put down. The pace only quickens toward the end leaving you breathless and awaiting the next book. Can’t wait to read Iron Tide Rising!
mandyfujita
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Rise (the unbeatable army) knows about the wish orb. They are playing Margaham's game to win it and free the Salt Sand King.
Marrill, Fin and the rest of the crew of the Enterprosing Kraken are trying to prevent the Rise of the Lost Sun. Utter destruction of the magical Pirate Stream will occur if the Lost Sun of Dzamin escapes. It seems to be finishing what Seeth started all those years ago.
Amy
Continues to be an entertaining series. Intrigued to see where it will go next.
Liesel
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Neurocomp
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
best of teh 3 so far, and what a twist. And I thought the scenery couldn't top book2 but it sure did...
all 3 books ahve great locations...the library and the game were best parts of the book
Karissa
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good continuation to the Map to Everywhere series. There are four books planned for this series; with the fourth book (Iron Tide Rising) scheduled for release some time in 2018. These are well done middle grade adventure fantasy books that are very creative. They are decent books but sometimes I have trouble staying engaged in the story; the flow of the writing is just a bit awkward to me and I really have to focus when I read these books. For me this is not a book that grabs me and p ...more
KeirSilver Griffin
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: march-17
Honestly, when I picked up the first book, it looked like total pulp fiction... it wasn't. But I'm surprised and disappointed that there was not more punching of the Rise.
Elevetha
This third installment of The Map To Everywhere finds our motley crew fighting to stop the Iron Tide and the Master, discovering the truth about Fin's forgetfulness, losing a friend, and drenching a cat in water from the Stream, among other things.

I may or may not be around for Iron Tide Rising. The plot twist might drag me back, and this book was alright, but the story is bring dragged out awfully long and I'm finding that I'm losing interest with each new book.
Hannah Belyea
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marrill, Fin, and the rest of the Enterprising Kraken are on a mission to save the Pirate Stream from being destroyed, but will fixing the Map to Everywhere be the answer? Continue the adventure with your favourite pirates as Carrie Ryan lets "Shadows of the Lost Sun" go wild with imagination, heart and charming personality. Ride along as magic and secrets unfold!
Kenzi
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best in the series yet (and that's saying a lot, as the others are all amazing)! SO many plot twists, backstories, and new and lovable characters (and one I would just love to punch in the face)!! I can't believe I have to wait a whole 'nother year for the next book!!
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
I've adored each of the book in this series so far. They are so adventurous and fun and full of friendship and magic.
Tobi
Mar 31, 2017
Gabry
Mar 15, 2017
Cat
I love this series so much!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Carrie Ryan is the New York Times bestselling author of a lot of books. She use to be a lawyer. Happily, she is not anymore. You can keep it that way by reading her books:

If you like zombies, try the Forest of Hands and Teeth series.

If you like clever, fun adventure fantasy for 8-12 year olds, definitely read the Map To Everywhere series (co-written with her husband, John Parke Davis).

If you lik

The Map to Everywhere (4 books)
  • The Map to Everywhere (Map to Everywhere, #1)
  • City of Thirst (Map to Everywhere, #2)
  • Iron Tide Rising (Map to Everywhere, #4)
“Sure," Fin said. "Let's say we remember that."
Marrill shushed him. "I actually do remember it," she giggled.
"FakecoughSUCKUPfakecough," Fin said to her.
Arden waved his hand a few times and caught a long handkerchief out of thin air. "Oh dear," he said. "Faking Cough is a terrible disease. Have a pretendssue.”
0 likes