Start by marking “Indoor Green: Living with Plants” as Want to Read:
Indoor Green: Living with Plants

Indoor Green: Living with Plants

For centuries, plants have transformed interiors. Today houseplants are once again experiencing a revival. Author Bree Claffey of Mr Kitly journeys into the worlds of fellow plant lovers to explore the enduring attraction of houseplants. From the ever-reliable Peace lily and beguiling Fiddle leaf fig to the elusive Chinese money plant, houseplants are showcased in all thei ...more
Hardcover, 1, 208 pages
Published October 1st 2015 by Thames & Hudson

To ask other readers questions about Indoor Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indoor Green

Mischenko
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To see this review and others please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

Indoor Green: Living with Plants by Bree Claffey is a book about plants and the people who keep them.

As soon as I opened the book I was instantly inspired. The book is full of fascinating photography of plants. I truly enjoy observing how people can take a room and transform it into a garden living space. It's so exhilarating.

The reader is taken to different homes to view the plants people keep and how they live with them. I
Lorilin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: home, garden
I saw Indoor Green: Living with Plants at my local library and didn’t hesitate to pick it up. I brought it home with me, fully expecting to fall in love, love, love…but it was actually kind of disappointing.

There are a ton of pictures of plants in this book, obviously, but the author’s main focus is actually the plant owners. Claffey devotes a lot of space to her interviews with each homeowner, most of them artists and designers living in Australia, Japan, and New York. The interviews are intere
sevdah
Jan 02, 2018 added it
Wanted to start the year right by reading this book beginning to end - it's been on my shelves for quite a while and I would only occasionally flick through the photos or read some pages or use it for reference. It's definitely a good idea to give it your full attention - it consists of many interviews of people living with plants, most often artists or designers, some interesting plant stories, and practical tips at the end. Full of gorgeous photography all throughout. What an indulging holiday ...more
Dirk H
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Dit is het leukste plantenboek dat ik in jaren gelezen heb.
Enrico Iglesias
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
10/10
J
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: coffee-table
2012 I acquire my first plant, a Dracaena.

2016 I learn the concept of propagation. I begin home experiments.

Present I sit here writing this review at home. My jungle home.

This is my confession. I am a plant hoarder.

I found Indoor Green while sifting through the shelves at my library. The summary on the back concludes, "houseplants are a way of life." Cringe-worthy for the plantless, maybe, but for me, the sweet tingle of resonance tickled my mind.

In Indoor Green, Claffey interviews plant enthus
Aziemah
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-library
Good for beginner indoor plant parents, this book is packed with useful care tips and descriptions to identify various species. Paired with insightful interviews with creatives who draw inspiration from plants, each sharing their personal philosophies on how natural greenery have informed their work and help create their own lush indoor spaces.
Kelly
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed that this book featured more indoor plants than just the on-trend varieties, it was a bit text heavy though, and the photographs a bit too dark at times. In saying that, it was quite informative and an interesting read.
Jasmine Allred
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing pictures, clear perennial information. Wonderful inspiration!
Cheri
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book satisfies the plant info nerd, the voyeur (look into other people's houses!!!), and the creative side of plant lovers.
Lisa
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked the plant portraits and wish there had have been more. However, the house plant tours were wonderfully photographed and very interesting also.
Ieva
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
28 intervijas ar domubiedriem par augiem cilvēku telpās Austrālijā, Japānā un Amerikā. Burvīga grāmata!
Joyce
Jul 05, 2018
Em H
May 06, 2018
Cody
rated it did not like it
Apr 17, 2017