Start by marking “Just a Man (The Porter Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Just a Man (The Porter Trilogy #1)

Just a Man

(The Porter Trilogy #1)

For Charlotte Ann-Marie Hightower, living with her best friend, applying for a Personal Assistant job at Alex Porter Industries and enjoying all that Southern California had to offer was enough to scab over the tragic truth of her past. Little did she know that Alex Porter, a sexy billionaire entrepreneur, would turn everything on its axis.

Alex comes with his own past of

To ask other readers questions about Just a Man, please sign up.
Shannon Youngblood Book 2 has a tentative release date of August 31. You can find it on Goodreads under Just a Woman! I will update the exact date as soon as I know ;)

Start your review of Just a Man (The Porter Trilogy #1)
Coco.V
Genre(s): Romance
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

For Charlotte Ann-Marie Hightower, living with her best friend, applying for a Personal Assistant job at Alex Porter Industries, and enjoying all that Southern California had to offer was enough to scab over the tragic truth of her past. Little did she know that Alex Porter,
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Connie
Other than the surprise ending, this book was extremely disappointing! There were too many "similarities" to Eva and Gideon from the Crossfire series. For instance, Charlotte's roommate was gay and an up and coming model like Cary, Eva's roommate. Alex has a deep, dark secret and has violent nightmares just like Gideon. The repetitious sex scenes and crude comments about Jesus were inappropriate and highly offensive. Given what happened to Charlotte, this could have been a great story.
Jenny Prose
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Naomi Connor
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

This book ticks every box!!! I loved the characters as if they were family, following their story was an eye opener and a heart breaker at the same time. Alex and Charlotte are perfect for one another. I cant wait to see what the next book in this series has to offer. Just a Man was smoking hot and didn't disappoint.

Alex and Charlotte both have a future tarnished by their pasts.

Charlotte has moved with her best
Janae
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loving this premiere novel from S.G. Youngblood. The chemistry literally drips from the pages as you get into the complex, yet sizzling relationship between Alex and Charlotte. Each characters have their own pasts that dictate their relationship. I found Charlotte to be outspoken and fun, while Alex dripped with sex appeal **fans self**.
Alpha Romances aren’t really my thing, but I think Charlotte’s huge personality and backbone helped me personally get into the story.
This story is perfectly
Sarah Samples
Just A Man/ Just A Woman By Shannon Youngblood

Reviewed on behalf of Two Girls Who Love Books

This book is not what it seems, it is so much more!! A girl who is trying to move on with her life and finds a job as the assistant to the hottest man she has ever seen but he seems to be a jerk. Charlotte can’t help but want to lick her new boss from head to toe but she knows she has to keep this job. She knows he can feel the pull they have toward one another and she is confused by the mixed signals he
Megan Journey
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shannon did a wonderful job with her descriptive language with her premier novel. I could honestly immerse myself into the book and feel like I was seeing things from the perspective of Charlotte. There were parts that made me chuckle, left me speechless, and others that pulled at my heart strings. Story had me guessing all the way to the end of what might actually happen. Great job! Look forward to part 2!
Janis
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, this was one of my favorite books to read in a very long time! I loved the dynamics of each relationship within the story, and enjoyed seeing the relationship develop between Charlotte and Alex and cannot wait to see what's in store for them both!

Shannon has a wonderful imagination and a great way of describing each scene. There is a perfect balance between internal description and external dialogue. My new favorite up and coming author!
Phee Stringer
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not my usual genre but very well done, narrative gets very intense and page turning.
Katy Rose
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you guessing

Never could I imagine how this story would evolve! Wow! It is full of twists and turns!! I can not wait to read the next book!!
Adrianne Adams
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Shannon Youngblood. I finished this book in one day as it was so good. Alex has a dark past that keeps him from sharing to much with Charlotte, but he wants her to share her past with him as it is coming to present. Major cliffhanger.
My take on the book is below, read the book you won't be disappointed.
Charlotte is such an amazing character, she had a wild past that lead her to the lowest/darkest part of her life. She got help, by putting her ex-boyfriend in jail where he
Jamie Ellis
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is a daydreamer....

Oh my this book was really good. This book has angst, intrigue, hot sex scenes and an awesome storyline. Really ticked off with Alex right now...he is really going to have to redeem himself in the next installment and yes it's a trilogy ladies so prepare for a little bit of a cliffy.
Charlie has suffered quite a few horrendous acts against her and going to have to deal with even more. I love her character, daydreamer, and always trying to find the good in people.
Sheena
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Twists and turns...

I started this book with no preconceived ideas but was very quickly invested in Charlotte and Alex and their complex relationship...

The writing is excellent and the characters have depth and are relatable....the story starts slowly but once the scene is set the pace picks up and the convoluted plot that unfolds is filled with unexpected twists and turns...

The story isn’t original but it is expertly told and I look forward to seeing where Charlotte and Alex’s journey will take
Sharlie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 of "The Porter Triology" introduces Alex Porter a billionaire of his own company and Charlotte Hightower, a Personal Assistant who he hires. Alex and Charlotte both have terrible pasts that they have endured that bubble to the surface in their lives. They are good for each other to help them heal from assaults that have happened to them. But Alex is keeping a secret that will put their relationship in jeopardy. Loved this book! The author was able to convey the feelings and trials in Alex ...more
Victoria B
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just A Man book one is The Porter Trilogy was nothing that I was expecting (in a good way). Take a Alpha Billionaire with a dark past and a new personal assistant with a broken past, who have an undeniable attraction to each other and you get one hot and explosive story. Mix in a horrible secret and a past evil and you get action and suspense, making this book a page turner that you won't be able to put down.
Ri
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book was very different from the others that I have read from this author. Even though this book wasn't as dark it still was very good. There is something special about this author and her stylistic choices. She is quickly becoming a favorite author.

Looking forward to the next book.
Suzette
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is such an emotional rollercoaster. It makes your heart ache and brings tears to your eyes. The author really knows how to stir and extend the drama that keeps the reader turning the pages and coming back for more.
Michele Del Rey
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte and Alex were so good together. I loved the chemistry. But, they both had some serious issues that they needed to get through. I liked this story, the dynamic between Charlotte and Alex was sizzling. Enjoyed this read.
Sahara
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply couldn’t put it down
G.M. Scherbert
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved it. Can't even wait to dive intothe next one. So good. Dirty, naughty, with twists that make you go hmmmm
Wendy Ballard
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just the absolute best story. Everything I like to read about and more. Such a great story I will read again and again. A keeper!!
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Hightower is living with her very best friend in Southern California, which has scabbed over the pain of her nightmare past. She applies for a Personal Assistant job at Alex Porter Industries, and when the interview goes badly, she's shocked when she lands the job. The problem is that she has a powerful attraction to her boss, Alex, and she doesn't quite understand why, because the million different assets to him is giving her whiplash. Alex Porter has his very own nightmare past, that ...more
Becky Kozera
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing book. When you start reading it you think oh good romance. Then there are twist and turns through out this whole book that leave you say what the heck. You will be on the edge of your seat through out the book. I don't think that I have had a book keep my attention this much in a while. The only downfall is it is a cliff hanger.

Charlie starts work for a company with a very handsome boss. They both know that she is over qualified for the position. She is hoping that the job
Brandy Castenada
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just A Man by Shannon Youngblood was a first time read for me by this author. Shannon Youngblood is a very talented writer, and really think she's someone you need to pay attention to. You can tell she took time when writing this story. I was impressed by not only the depth, but by the way the story unfolded with an almost aching intensity. It was a riveting, seamless, and it flowed chapter to chapter. Just A Man is a story about A woman named Charlotte Ann-Marie Hightower she lives with her ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Lindsey
Intriguing , heart ponding, just plain good . This book was so engaging to me. The writing , the characters , the plot ,everything about this story was great . This book was a great start to the series that keeps the reader on the edge of their seats. Charlotte and Alex have a connection that cannot be denied at all. There are struggles and heartaches and dramas throughout the story that will have you asking what’s next .
Alex and Charlotte struggle to find the right balance
⏃ : ✦ villainous_reads ⏃ : ✦
The premise of Just a Man by Shannon Youngblood sounded like my type of read, but I had a hard time getting into it. In the beginning it started very slow, but did pick up speed. The one problem that I had with this story was the insta-love. They claimed their love for each-other to early on. But I did like all the drama. There was never a dull moment.

Alex was a very mysterious character.Held many secrets that I never knew if he was telling the truth or lying straight threw his teeth.

Also with
Rachelle Reads
###3 hastags ###

This story has a slow start so it took me some time to get into it but it does pick up the pace.
Charlotte and Alex's relationship is pretty much insta love. Alex has some secrets and
Charlie had a horrible event happen to her.
They do have some great chemistry which I really liked. Danny was a really good gay BFF I liked him a lot!

My issues are with the very similar storyline and characters to another very popular book.
Also I found the writing good but way too much
United Indie Book Blog
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte moves to South California hoping to heal from tragic events and her past . A new town means new lodgings and a new job ....so she moves in with Danny , her gay BFF and what a sweetheart so now her lodgings are sorted and she's headed for an interview at Porter Enterprises as a PA ....I don't think she was quite prepared for Alex Porter though , I know I wasn't and damn girl he's yummy !!!!!

Alex is loaded ,ok he's a billionaire but that's not the attraction it's that demeanor and he has

• 1462 South Broadway (Jessie Hayes, #1)
  • Better When It Hurts (Stripped, #2)
  • Deliverance (NYC Doms #1)
  • Road Trip with the Enemy (Sweet Water High, #10)
  • Bad Stepbrother: A Stepbrother Romance (Bad Boy Romance)
  • Signed
  • The Price of Penny
  • Own It
  • He's Going Down (One Wild Wish, #1)
  • Rebel Heart
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • Inspired by You (Love in the City, #6)
  • The Game (The Carolina Connections #4)
  • Mine
  • One Indecent Night (West Sisters, #1)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • The Wife Arrangement
Shannon Youngblood is a thirty something, foul mouthed, erotic romance writer, who loves telling a story full of broken pieces, and broken people. There is no subject too graphic, or too taboo, to grace the pages of her stories. Shannon believes that life is not always Happily Ever Afters and Flowers, and sometimes her stories might reflect that. (Non HEA's OH NO!) Shannon loves hearing from her ...more

The Porter Trilogy (2 books)
  • Just a Woman (The Porter Trilogy #2)