Start by marking “The Forgotten Sister (Tales of Camelot, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Forgotten Sister (Tales of Camelot, #1)

The Forgotten Sister (Tales of Camelot, #1)

The Princess Elaine promises the dying Uther Pendragon that she will support the ascension of her half-brother Arthur to the throne. Believing in his vision for a glorious Britain, Elaine is soon swept up in the intrigues of Camelot and caught firmly between her warring siblings - the High King Arthur, the vengeful Morgan LeFay and the devious Morgause.

She is a queen, a wa
Paperback, 1, 426 pages
Published May 30th 2016 by CreateSpace (first published May 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgotten Sister

Start your review of The Forgotten Sister (Tales of Camelot, #1)
Beth
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mythology
Rating: 4

Thoughts: A quick read that introduces another character into the legend of Camelot. It's not too heavy and it gives a quick run down on the different myths and stories of King Arthur and the rest of characters of Camelot. Sometimes, it can be a little too much of an over view and not going into enough details of some areas that I wished Higgins had played around with, but it's still pretty damn good.
Savvy Reads
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By far the best Arthurian retelling I have read. This book kept all the melodrama of the original tale without making the story into a soap opera. The only thing I didn't like about the book was that it ended!
Katerina
Al di là dei punti salienti della trama, c'è una cosa che accomuna tutti i retelling arturiani: Elaine viene sempre cancellata, al punto che la maggior parte della gente a questa frase mi dirà "Aspetta, quale Elaine? Elaine di Corbenic? Elaine di Shalott/Astolat?"
Sto parlando di Elaine di Tintagel, ossia la terza sorella di Artù.
Ebbene sì: Igraine e Gorlois avevano tre figlie, non due. Solo che Elaine, nel mito, è una persona normale: sposa un re, viene rapita giusto una volta, di base è abbasta
SweetReads
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-best
She is a queen, a warrior and a witch. Yet none of these things may save her brother from those who plot against him, or the poison at the very
CK
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! told through the eyes of Elaine, be sure to read the "companion" "The Forbidden Sister" mostly the same tale from a different perspective... the characters are "drawn" very well, reader gets pulled into the story... so much so that I cried at the end! thank you Kieran!
Arthurianmaiden
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The novel narrates the life of Elaine of Tintagel, Arthur's third and often forgotten sister. Not a lot is known of her and the author interwines her life (the little is known, like her husband and son) with Camelot's happenings, letting her be close to Arthur and Camelot to be able to write about the kingdom as well.
First things first, I loved this novel and I have to say that I was immensely glad to see an Elaine who was not stealing plots from Morgana or Morgause, or who wasn't AT ALL a copy
Heidi J. Rosofsky
Classic Arthurian Tale

Higgins tells a classic tale Arthurian tale from the point of view of a sibling he has interjected into the legend. He uses Elaine, the "forgotten sister" as a means to tell the story in first person, uses his protagonist to cover jumps in time, and winds up with a tale that ultimately feels like third party narrative. Fans of Arthurian stories will probably be interested in how Higgins frames the tale but may ultimately be disappointed in how he jumps over sections of the
Ruth
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A glimpse into Camelot from a totally different perspective.
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I really wish I had liked this book better. I love Arthurian legends, and the idea of tackling the stories from a fresh perspective was intriguing.

But honestly? I was pretty bored. There was WAY too much telling and hardly any showing, the pacing felt labored, it was in serious need of editing, and the prose was just incredibly bland. This could have been such a rich story, beautifully told, but it lacked far too much.

The story itself is still good, but the telling of it left me underwhelmed.
kim kime
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Camelot, again?

So many of the classic tales with just a twist to make one want to read more...maybe a different ending is possible for Camelot. I still hate Modred, but Arthur wasn't as likeable.
I gave 4 stars because I missed the normal stories, those twists just bothered me enough.
Clarita Ann
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating!

A remembrance of "The Mist of Avalon" by Marion Zimmerman Bradley. I met Mrs Zimmerman Bradley, a workshop with her book as topic, and became a believer.
Amy Broussard
Brilliant!!

This was a wonderfully written story of king Arthur. The character's and story keep you wanting more. This is a must read!!
Gillian Edwards
Apr 30, 2018
Hance Tinkle
Apr 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Catherine Howard Conspiracy (The Marquess House Trilogy #1)
  • The Wedding Tamasha
  • Abduction of Guenivere (Once and Future Hearts, #7)
  • The Lady Elizabeth
  • The Lady of the Ravens
  • Venom & Vanilla (The Venom Trilogy, #1)
  • MY FAIR LADY: A Story of Eleanor of Provence, Henry III's Lost Queen (Medieval Babes, Tales of Little-Known Ladies Book 1)
  • Protected Secrets: A Whispering Pines Mystery, Book 10
  • The Mercies
  • Battle of Mount Badon (Once and Future Hearts #6)
  • Guardians of Time (After Cilmeri, #9)
  • Masters of Time (After Cilmeri, #10)
  • Outpost in Time (After Cilmeri #11)
  • Highland Vengeance (Celtic Blood #3)
  • The Marriage Game: A Novel of Queen Elizabeth I
  • Red Adam's Lady
  • Winds of Time (After Cilmeri #1.5)
  • Prince of Time (After Cilmeri #2)
Kieran is a Belfast-born author. He wrote his first novel at age 5 - he also received his first rejection letter at this age. He has been writing ever since, producing his debut novel The Forgotten Sister, a captivating Arthurian retelling, and Mists Over Newbroke, a chilling Gothic novella.

Kieran, inspired by JK Rowling, Garth Nix and Mary Stewart, writes the type of stories he wants to read - ex