Start by marking “Scrying for Summer” as Want to Read:
Scrying for Summer

Scrying for Summer

(Philadelphia Coven Chronicles #2)

Jev was looking for an adventure, however she wanted the usual variety of stomping out nasty fae in the city as an enforcer of the Philly Coven. Instead, handsome as sin Liam O'Reilly shows up on her doorstep dropping news of the worst organization of fae they'd dealt with on the rise again. Except, he's a traitor, an asshole, and the absolute last person she wants to work ...more
Published August 9th 2016 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Scrying for Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scrying for Summer

Start your review of Scrying for Summer
Jackie
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Pretty powerful. Not my usual genre but enjoyed the characters and the story Romance and action to keep you reading.
books are love
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
First you don’t need the first book in the series to read this but it would help understand the situation with Liam and everyone better. I also like how this one ends for we get a hint of the next book which I hope is the djinn Sam.

This wasn’t what I expected. this was better than I expected. We see more dimension added to Liam’s character. he goes from being hard as stone to being human. One who is more like Conor than at first glance thought. Liam made mistakes but he did it with good intentio
Debbie
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book two of the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles, and it helps to have read book one, Hunting for Spring. Not absolutely necessary, but I'd highly recommend you do. You'll get a much better picture of Liam, and of Jev, and what happened to them both in that book.

Liam needs help, but since he is, by all accounts, a traitor, there aren't many he can call on. Jev helped his brother-in-arms before, so he hopes she will
Donna
This was so good that I really wish I had read book 1 first. There was a lot to love about this book. I love how many different types of supernatural beings there are. The pooka has some really cool tricks. I love the chemistry between Jev & Liam. I am definitely looking forward to reading more in this series.

**Please note that I received a copy in exchange for an honest review**
Emily Pennington
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Scrying for Summer is Book 2 in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles. The romance in this is a focus on Liam and Jev’s story. The characters are well developed, likable as the story progresses, and have great chemistry together. The story line is well-written and holds the reader’s attention from start to finish.

Liam O'Reilly had made some serious mistakes, enough to brand him a traitor, but he did what he did with honorable intentions. He told Jev he needed her help now in locating his friend Sam,
Becky Baldridge
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles gives us a redeemable alpha male, which is a favorite for me, especially if he's done right. And I'll just throw in here that Katherine McIntyre certainly got it right as far as I'm concerned. The more I learned about Liam, the more I liked him. Of course, likable and redeemable or not, Jev doesn't make it easy on him, but then she wouldn't be a McIntyre heroine if she did. Liam and Jev give great banter, and their chemistry is off the charts ...more
Erika BookHavenBookBlog
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, paranormal
"The flirting, swagger, all of that she could dismiss, but the Liam O'Reilly behind the hunter's mask he wore was deadly, because the glimpses she'd seen--that sort of man she could fall for."

Liam and Jev lit my world on FIRE!!! Liam was the perfect combination of dangerous alpha with a sweet underneath that Jev pulled to the surface. Jev was a powerhouse that took his world and shook it all up. The banter, the tension, and the constant angst from all sides made this an exhilarating read!! I was
Jeanne Richardson
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Katherine McIntyre; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Scarolet Ellis
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scrying for Summer (Philadelphia Coven Chronicles #2) by Katherine McIntyre is an awesme story to read. This is book number two in this awesome series that I have loved reading. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about fantasy and paranormal romances.

Heather Wamboldt
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scrying for Summer is the second book in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles. I enjoyed this paranormal romance about Liam and Jev. The characters are well developed and have great chemistry. The storyline is well written, with the supernatural, danger, humour, suspense, intrigue, and romance.

Tayra Sanders
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is totally worth the read. Every page will have you enthralled and panting for more. Let’s not forget to mention the chemistry of these two. You can really feel the passion.
The twists in this tale just adds spice to an already exciting and adventurous tale
that will shock you. I highly recommend this tale and eagerly await the next book in this series.

Kathryn
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The danger, suspense, intrigue. and humor captured my attention. Lain and Jev have incredible chemistry. This is a very enjoyable supernatural read. I love all of the different supernatural being/creatures.

I am voluntarily leaving a honest, unbiased review.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The great plot was well written and the characters were so well developed that as I turned each page the chemistry between the characters kept me totally hooked until the very last page!
Lynn Stifle
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scrying for Summer is the second book in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles. This book was fantastic, I was grabbed from the very beginning and couldn't put it down. This story is exciting, unique, and well written. I love the chemistry between Liam and Jev, their characters are likable, and well developed. Such a fantastic story and a definite must read, I highly recommend it.
Dawn West
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Actual Rating: 4.5

**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book.**

A traitor finds redemption and love...

Liam doesn't have a lot of fans at the moment. When the safety of his mother was at stake, he had done some pretty shady things that led to some fairly deadly consequences. But when a friend needs his help, Liam knows he has to try to save him. Taking out a really bad guy in the process is a bonus.

Enter: a witch named Jev. Liam seeks out the one person he thinks might be willing t
Tina Williams
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast, Furious and Sizzling!

Scrying for Summer is the latest instalment in Katherine McIntyre’s Philadelphia Coven Chronicles. It is a smexy read from start to finish, which fans of romance, especially paranormal and urban fantasy will love. Whilst the book works as a standalone, reading the previous book would give more of an insight into the main characters and the world of the Fae.

I hugely enjoyed the pairing of Jev, a gutsy Coven Enforcer with Liam, (the previously turncoat Hunter) both of w
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Scrying for Summer is the second book in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles, and we meet back up with the little powerhouse known as Jev, and the turncoat with soul, Liam. Brenna and Conor are out of town, and Liam doesn't know where else to turn. His friend is in trouble, with the same organisation Liam is trying to escape from. He asks for Jev's help, not realising the danger he would be asking her to face.

Liam shows a different side to himself in this book, one that Jev finds hard to resist. H
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
3.5 Cranky Stars

This was a book about Liams redemption back into the hunter society. Apparently a year has passed and I had to figure this out on my own. Once again there was no real time frame which made it harder to peg when the story actually happened.

Jev is a librarian in the stacks of the coven library. Besides her beauty and brains she's also a powerful enforcer. A witch with powerful spells she yearns for more excitement then studying dusty tomes all day.

Liam has already betrayed his fa
Karen Voitik
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
>Book review – Scrying for Summer

>This book is the second in the Philadelphia Coven Chronicles and ends in an HEA. Jev is a witch fighting for good in Philly. A sworn enemy, Liam, shows up asking her for help. Liam tells Jev he is no longer with the Order of the Serpent. He was forced into their service when they kidnapped his mom. Jev has a very prickly personality and always seems to be snarky toward Liam. Working together, an attraction forms as Jev sees the real Liam, selfless and self-sacr
ᴊᴀɴᴇ
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
✨✨➡️ I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.⬅️✨✨

TBH, I did not read Hunting for Spring but from bits and pieces in Scrying for Summer it can be easily catch up with what's really happening.

Faes?✔️
Hunters? ✔️
Witches? ✔️
Troll? ✔️
Pooka? ✔️
Djinn? ✔️
Pixies? ✔️
Romance?? ✔️✔️✔️
So to summarize, this book contain supernatural beings, actions and romance. The djinn and pixies are not the ones we saw at Disney cartoons. Bear that in mind.
Characters wise, Jev is strong, stubborn h
Molly Smith
A friend gave me this to read and though it sounded interesting, it was just ok. I had trouble getting into the story as it is a second novel. Though I was told you could jump in, the characters themselves refer to events that I can only assume happened (or were explained) in the previous novel. I did not enjoy feeling left out. The narration jumps between Jev and Liam, our couple. It flows pretty well, but I did feel as if the characters rambled to themselves at times, in the midst of action. I ...more
Cyrene Olson
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Book Reviews:

This is another book I could hardly put down, this one is a bit darker than the first one, but still an addicting series. You do see Conor and Brenna return in this book as secondary characters, and it’s fun to touch base with them. Definitely looking forward to the next book in the series.
InD'tale Magazine
Amped with action and rife with sexual tension, “Scrying for Summer” is a roller coaster of emotional and physical adrenaline.

Read full review in the 2016 December issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Berzerkertiki
Dec 18, 2016
Ember Leigh
Mar 21, 2019
Katherine McIntyre
May 09, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chris Pavesic
Feb 01, 2017
Mjspice
Feb 14, 2017

• Six: A Filthy Christmas Miracle
  • Beautiful Mistake (Irresistible Billionaires Book 2)
  • The Billionaire's Mistletoe: A Single Dad's 2nd Chance Sweet Romance
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • Rumor Has It
  • The Cowboy's Heart (Three Sisters Ranch, #3)
  • Crossed Lines
  • Her Perfect Gift: A Christmas Romance
  • Steamy Proposal (Alphalicious Billionaires #8)
  • Fixed Parts (Parts of Me, #2)
  • Immortal Lust: A Vampire Anthology
  • Vortex (Adventures in the Outerwebs #1)
  • Thorn's Redemption (Fated Lives Series #3)
  • Cockpit Christmas (Cockpit, #0.5)
  • The Waters
  • A Love to Buzz About (Treasure Cove Sweet Romance Book 1)
  • Rising Cinder
  • Leaves of a Maple Box Set (1-3)
Strong women. Strong words.

Katherine McIntyre is a feisty chick with a big attitude despite her short stature. She writes stories featuring snarky women, ragtag crews, and men with bad attitudes—high chance for a passionate speech thrown into the mix. As an eternal geek and tomboy who’s always stepped to her own beat, she’s made it her mission to write stories that represent the broad spectrum of

Philadelphia Coven Chronicles (4 books)
  • Hunting for Spring (Philadelphia Coven Chronicles #1)
  • Rising for Autumn
  • Waking for Winter (Philadelphia Coven Chronicles #4)

News & Interviews

“Because one look into his eyes, and she was drowning in what existed there and didn’t want to surface.” 5 likes
“Despite the cold chill, she burned inside with a hunger she didn’t want to dismiss. Not tonight.” 4 likes