Start by marking “The Black Widow” as Want to Read:
The Black Widow

The Black Widow

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Jack Hunter is cheering for runners at the finish line of the Boston Marathon with the love of his life, Catherine Crewes, when two explosions smash the beautiful day to smithereens.

As the head of the Anti-Terrorism Unit, Jack does his best to track down the terrorists who planted the bombs, organizing a big manhunt in the Boston area.

But there's more going on than meets
Published May 8th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Black Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Widow

Mel
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
During the New York Marathon on 13th April 2013, two bombs were detonated a mere 12 seconds apart near the finishing line, followed by related shootings. The explosions killed 3 civilians and injured a further 264 others. This is the setting for Cynthia Fridsma’s second novel The Black Widow.

This was a very atmospheric novel, which was probably helped by being set during a real event. The descriptions were vivid, detailed and being written in the first person definitely helped pack an emotional
A.W.
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
We begin the story at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, where two of our heroes stand at the finishing line.
Little do they know of the horror that will strike just as the runners begin to cross the line.

As the regular human law enforcement agencies get to work, Sybil and her team at Nightbird intervene when one of their own is killed by a new foe; the Black Widow!
How is she linked with the attack? Will the bombers be brought to justice? And what are the Black Widow's true motives? You'll h
S.K. Gregory
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bomb goes off at the Boston Marathon and Jack and Catherine find themselves at the centre of the carnage. Jack works for the ATU while Catherine works for an altogether different organisation that deals in the supernatural. They must find out who planted the bombs and if a murder has anything to do with it.
When I started reading, I thought the book was a thriller/spy novel and it is but with a supernatural spin too. The characters are interesting and work well together. I like how the story p
Mattie
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cynthia Fridsma has put a wonderful paranormal spin in this novel. It deals with the world of terrorism & vampires. What a combination. Her writing style is smooth & she has a knack of keeping you interested in getting to the next chapter. It is a crime/ thriller with a hint of paranormal. Not everyone can do this but Cynthia Fridsma can & does. I highly recommend this book. Thank you, Cynthia for the opportunity to read an ARC for review.
Brett Wallach
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Fridma brilliantly weaves the paranormal and "normal", and fact, fiction, and fantasy in this suspenseful novel of vampires and domestic terrorism...and how many books can say that? The novel takes the Boston marathon bombings as a starting point, and races towards and unforeseen finish line.
Craig Gillan
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Struggled a bit with this book as I thought if was crime/thriller type of story but it involved vampires and stuff, probably great book if that's your thing
Ryann Hall
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

If you can watch shows like CSI NCIS or any other murder investigation shows then this book shouldn't bother you. And if you love vampire books as much as me…
If you do get to a part that’s too gory for you just skip over it because the story is worth the read.
I’m sure you already read what the book was about but the book description does not do this book justice. You probably read the black widow was behind the brothers setting off the bombs at the Boston marathon. The black widows next
Cynthia Fridsma
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Noemi Garcia
marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Denise
is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2017
As far as back as I can remember I’ve been listening to exciting stories told by my mother. Her stories have been everything to me. I grew up reading books from Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Philip K. Dick.

It was my mother who inspired me to start writing—and telling—my own stories.

After a handicap that happened to me in 2014—I have a tremor in my right hand, numbness in the fingers and pain in