Start by marking “A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 1

A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 1

(A Strange and Mystifying Story #1)

Akio Yamane's ancestors have died young for generations, and he despises the cursed lineage his family has given him. Then one day, Akio falls ill! But when he unknowingly summons a protector god, a man with long ears and a tail appears before him, completely naked!
Published June 10th 2008 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published January 1st 2006)

Start your review of A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 1
Angela~supermom~
I was in the mood for m/m or BL stuff...which is weird for me...but tiss my mood.

Decided to start curbing this mood by picking this up.

My perverted ass was looking forward to the smutt. But it was lacking.

The plot and storyline were okay. Too much yapping about boring things then sexy times or rounded, intriguing dialouge/scenes.

You win some. You lose some.
Shay
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was interesting but I got a little confused with the various stories. Maybe because I took a break in reading? It did make me say," Aww" a few times. The older man had a ton of personality. I wasn't wowed but an interesting story.
Heather
I always get happy and excited to actually see yaoi in bookstores, so even though I'm not a fan of anthros and the cover art made me think this would be a comedy, I bought it. And I'm so glad I did! It was a lot more serious than I thought it would be. It was right up my alley - sexy, dramatic, and unpredictable, with just the right amount of humor to break up the tension but not kill the mood.

The main story has a darker theme than I expected. The main character comes from a cursed family line.
Daesy
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Sometimes i didnt like it.
ʆɛѵi
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I was hoping there'd be more smut, not going to lie. I don't exactly read yaoi manga for the plot since there usually isn't any, or a very shallow one. But it was only shown once and even that was mostly blocked by conveniently placed arms or lack of detail. I like Setsu, he's a grumpy jerk a little bit, but the main character is the typical whiny defiant uke and I couldn't have cared less for him, and not really for the other characters. A big chunk of the book is chapters from other mangas (or ...more
Michelle
One of my favorite stories from Tsuta Suzuki. Gorgeous art, with a wolf dog guardian Setsu and the sole surviving member of the Yamane clan, Akio in the title story. The yamane family is cursed, and Setsu protects the family, "just wasting some time." Setsu smells so good, and Akio doesn't understand why he reacts to it the way he does. Yes, he is a very cute tsundere character. Extra stories: Nylon Vinyl, and The Gods Don't Exist, are also in this volume. Nylon Vinyl is a student/teacher ...more
Debbie Benson
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I got the book because I liked the write up for it. However I was disappointed in the actual book when I got it. Yes, Akio was cured and managed to get attached to the protector god who he called Setsu. When Setsu got rid of the last of the plague demon that was making Akio sick, he didn't disappear as expected because Akio didn't want him to go. There was a lot of vague hints of how Setsu was curing Akio but nothing clear cut. While more might be explained in the future books in the series, I ...more
Martyna
May 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Art was good but it’s noncon so automatic one star. Also there were these two random short stories at the end and both included underage relationships (disgusting). The first one was even about a teacher/high school student relationship which is another automatic one star for me.
Emily
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story and am going to get volume 2. I hope there's more insight into the characters going forward because some emotional shifts just seem a bit abrupt, but I like the characters and want more of these stories.
B. Jean
May 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, romance
Zero interest in continuing reading this series. I might anyway because it's one of the few series I can purchase from comixology. I wish more of the popular series would make their way over there.

A pretty forgettable read, in all honesty. Does the rest get better? The pacing isn't very good.
Gala
Oct 31, 2019 added it
Ko
Jenn (not Lily)
Interesting start to the story, I'll probably be reading more soon. And some great shorts at the end!
Samantha
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
1.5 - Story wasn't really my cup of tea but a decent enough read.
Shawna (BacchusVines)
I have fallen into the BL smut journey again >a<
Yuri Hana
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Cute stories. Minimal plot heavier on the relations. I liked the diversity un characters and story. The author clearly enjoyed writing this piece.
MarGar
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

The art was beautiful!! The story was great and moved along very nicely. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Arshaa Wright
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was good... wish vol.2 was in stock.
Katherine George
A very cute supernatural romance.
Len Shields
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Its a good start. Looks like there are 4 seperate story arcs. Should be interesting to see where it goes.
Cat
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was almost a oneshot collection but the main story is decently long enough to make it more of a novella length story with a few oneshots at the end. The main story is very interesting in the way it handles different factors that aren't usually found in typical plot lines.

The main character who is a very plain man is struck by a cursed illness that kills off family members and also the potential cure to what ails him in a mystic tooth. It's interesting to see how much depth is given to a
Rekki
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, romance, occult, yaoi
I'm super into how the artist draws Setsu *-*
It's interesting, I'm eager to see where it goes and learn more about the main characters.
Anna C
Yuck, wanna throw up whenever I saw Setsu eating/sucking the demons from Aki's mouth/body... The wiggle black things looks like lizard's tail...>_<
Lb
Oct 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi-books
Liked all the stories.
Nefer
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-yaoi
Awesome Manga, i love the Plot and the Characters. Cant wait to read the other Volumes. In Japan they are up to 6 Volumes.
Kat
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• ジャッカス! ~触っていいって誰が言ったよ?~ [Jackass! - Sawatte Ii tte Dare ga Itta yo?]
  • テンカウント 1 [Ten Count 1]
  • テンカウント 2 [Ten Count 2]
  • 飴色パラドックス 1 [Ameiro Paradox 1] (Amber Paradox #1)
  • Escape Journey, Vol. 3
  • Our Dining Table
  • Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: A Boys Love Story, Volume 1
  • Classmates
  • 辺獄のカレンデュラ I [Hengoku no Kalendula 1]
  • Yarichin Bitch Club, Vol. 1 (Yaoi Manga)
Associated names :
ヨゴレ
泥沼分室
铃木ツタ
Muddy Pool
Yogore

Name (in native language) : 鈴木ツタ

Circle(s): 泥沼分室/Muddy Pool

Formerly known as ヨゴレ/Yogore (Whitetip Shark)

Resides in Kyoto.

Likes Japanese wine.

Pixiv:

Birth Date : December 3

Zodiac : Sagittarius

Blood Type : A

A Strange and Mystifying Story (7 books)
  • A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 2
  • A Strange and Mystifying Story, Vol. 3
  • この世 異聞 其ノ四 [Konoyo Ibun Sonoshi] (A Strange and Mystifying Story, #4)
  • この世 異聞 其ノ五 [Konoyo Ibun Sonogo] (A Strange and Mystifying Story, #5)
  • この世 異聞 其ノ六 [Konoyo Ibun Sonoroku] (A Strange and Mystifying Story, #6)
  • この世 異聞 其ノ七 [Konoyo Ibun Sononana] (A Strange and Mystifying Story, #7)