Start by marking “Heal Us, Emmanuel: A Call for Racial Reconciliation, Representation, and Unity in the Church” as Want to Read:

Most Christians would say they believe all people are made in the image of God and are equal before him. They would say red, brown, yellow, black, and white, they are precious in his sight. But do they have any friends of another race? Is there anyone at their church who does not look like them? Does this matter to God? The majority of American Christians do not have signi ...more
Published May 6th 2016 by Storied Communications

To ask other readers questions about Heal Us, Emmanuel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heal Us, Emmanuel

Michael Philliber
I couldn’t believe what I was just hearing. I had recently retired after spending 20 years of enlistment in the U.S. Air Force, working side-by-side with men and women from all kinds of ethnic backgrounds, and was about to become ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). And here was an elder in what would be my first PCA church, surrounded by the whole eldership, telling me I was not allowed to invite “any of those people to this church”! The same elder later told me that he was not ...more
Janell Elliott
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christians should read this book.
Linda
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Informative, convicting, hopeful. This book is one you'll want to move through slowly because there is so much to think about.
Keely
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a member of the PCA, I appreciated this collection of essays from pastors in my denomination. Some were a bit academic and over my head, and the essays that stood out to me were those that focused on personal stories of each man’s first-hand experience and repentance.
I appreciate the conversations happening and the hope of change in the PCA and the Church.
LeVan K.
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent - both thoughtful and challenging
Jonathan Wylie
This book is a must read. It opened my eyes to not be passive and to think about how my decisions and actions affect those around me.
Tyler
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Solid book. 30 different voices from the PCA tackling a much needed topic. Many of the chapters are autobiographical; a few are predominantly theological.
Matthew S.
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read on racial reconciliation. Loved the perspective from multiple ethnicities.
Jeremy
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: church-stuff, race
This is an excellent compilation of essays by PCA pastors on the issues of race and racial reconciliation. The authors of these essays have sparked a movement within the denomination towards actively engaging in racial issues.
Patrick Schlabs
  • The Moody Bible Commentary
  • Four Views on the Historical Adam
  • Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America
  • God in the Whirlwind: How the Holy-Love of God Reorients Our World
  • Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys: A Native American Expression of the Jesus Way
  • Strangers at My Door: An Experiment in Radical Hospitality
  • The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan For the World
  • Biblical Authority After Babel: Retrieving the Solas in the Spirit of Mere Protestant Christianity
  • Enjoy: Finding the Freedom to Delight Daily in God's Good Gifts
  • Going Public: Your Child Can Thrive in Public School
  • Salvation by Allegiance Alone: Rethinking Faith, Works, and the Gospel of Jesus the King
  • Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Christian Belief