Start by marking “Seeing Red: Scorched” as Want to Read:
Seeing Red: Scorched

Seeing Red: Scorched

(Omega Moon Universe)

Down the twists and turns of the London alleyways, where Chinatown meets the high-streets, lies a small venue where unknown rock bands often play to crowds of less than one-hundred.

Isaac is nineteen, living on the sofa of his best friend's brother - Eric - after his bible-loving parents tossed him aside because of his sexuality. After two years of struggling to make sense
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 356 pages
Published May 6th 2016 by T.C. Orton

Start your review of Seeing Red: Scorched
FantasyLiving
4 Hearts

Isaac is a sweetheart, and of course isn’t at all prepared to find himself in transition to be a Vampire. But with Nicolai’s loving care, along with his new friends Kyle and Troy, who all share a nest with the steely Moss, he will get through this.

I thought this was fun. The world-building was thorough. I understood what was going on from the beginning, and I really enjoyed how Isaac transitioned on his journey.

A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review
Vallie
** 3.5 stars**

I enjoy vampire stories, even if I don’t read them often nowdays, and this one started off very promising. However, the book was too long and the plot went places that had me shaking my head in bafflement.

So. Vampires. Werewolves. And...more. This story focus on the vampires of the band Red and Isaac, the human they saved after a fire broke out at one of their gigs that left Isaac half dead. I liked the twist in the vampire tale offered by the author. Turned humans become ghouls
Wendy
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story which follows the authors previous book Omega Moon is not an M-Preg like Omega, but continues in the same fantastic world that was created in that book. It is a part of that same world, but can be read as a stand-alone.
Isaac, the young man who is living with his best friend after being kicked out of his home once his parents found out he was gay, is out for an evening to see a new band called Seeing Red in an underground venue. He doesn’t know that the band members are actually
Amy
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own-them
This was damn good!! I loved all the characters, but Moss was my favorite! I was so happy how everything turned out for Isaac in the end! Can't wait for a sequel!
Betryal
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, loved this book and I really do want more.
A.O.
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not the biggest fan of vampire books, mostly because they seem to be so linear and the story is usually one dimensional and predictable even with subplots, but this one was different.
The gruesome start drew me in, and nothing stays BANG! like a scene with someone's skull being crushed, accidentally or otherwise. I'm morally dubious and the hook was all I needed to drop everything else and focus on the book.

The Romance was well written and while Nick was a bit too nice and sweet for my taste
Ulysses Dietz
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Seeing Red
By T.C. Orton
Four stars

T.C. Orton presents us with a really interesting contemporary take on vampires, and that alone has earned him most of his stars in my review. His world, in which a little nest of vampires – Moss, Kyle, Troy and Nicolai - make their way in modern London, is neatly described and nicely defined in a larger global context of paranormal beings and politics. Isaac, a feckless, nearly homeless nineteen-year-old is suddenly cast in their midst, and now there are five,
Cat
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
***3.5 Stars for a Curious World***

Hi, I’m Cat and I’m a vampire book addict. I was excited when I saw the cover (before I ever saw the blurb) because of the beautiful red-eyes that told me I was getting blood drinkers!

This book follows Isaac and his path in life, specifically the divergent moment when a club stampeded leaves him so injured that the band members collectively agree to turn him. Having one sire is standard, but four? This intrigued me! Rather than “here drink my blood” and you’re
Diverse
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2016-reads
OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! I wasn’t sure I would based on the blurb. I had some doubts but I was wrong!!!!!!!! This was creative, entertaining, and wildly original!

We have all read many vampire stories. Probably enough that we may even roll our eyes when we see another being published. Well if this book is anything to go by then know it hasn’t ALL been written yet.

We have four band members of RED and one night Isaac goes out with his best friend Charlotte, and his roommate Eric, and what promises
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
Review will be up in a couple of days for sure :-)!!

** Book generously provided by author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.**
Ana
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a nice and entertaining book to read. I’m not really big fan of vampires, although I do enjoy them if the story is right. This time, it was one of the times I did like them. The blurb doesn’t really tell much of the story, maybe just how it all start, but there was a lot more than it said there. On that matter it was a good thing for me because it was hard to know what to expect, especially on terms of romance, and I like that. Everything was unexpected and that was fine with me.

The plot
Alexu
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really, really loved this book!
Although I had this book for some months now, I just now managed to read it and all I could think was: why didn't I start it sooner?

The beginning of this story is close to my heart because it describes of a similar situation (no paranorms, of course) that happened in my town a couple of years ago.

We get to discover the stages of becoming a vampire within the Omega Moon Universe by following Isaac's journey to discover his true self. The characters and
Ewokgrl
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this not expecting much other then a good read to pass the time. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a fantastic book that has everything I look for in a book that I would recommend to friends. I really hope there will eventually be a 2nd book that will expand on the story because honestly it's not over. Luke is still out there and Nikolai's story needs to be told. Every character feels as though they have more to do rather then have it stopped where it's left at. Seriously a great ...more
Lisa
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Loved it then hated it

I was really took in with this book until I got to the part where he flipped his feeling from one man to the other plus I love nicolali i wanted that ending and if I had of got it it would of been more stars and issaic just annoyed the crap out of me don't know if I'm read anymore coming of this book i definitely won't recommend this is said was just pure crap
Sativa
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it!

So much goodness! The characters are sexy flawed boys transitioning to even sexier men. The writing style is wonderful, well devoloped plot, characters you want hug while shacking the crap out of them and sexy scenes tense and dirty so perfect. Well worth the time to read. I can't wait to read the next.
Toni
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book

Loved this book and can't wait for the next one T.C.Orton you are a new author to me but I will be recommending this book
Zee♥
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This started off gruesome which almost turned me off but it turned out to be a fun read. Isaac was a hot mess of a ghoul who could not stay out of trouble. But he was kind of endearing as he discovered himself while becoming a vampire. I was also not surprised at his change of heart, I just would have liked more of the less grumpy side of Moss.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
Isaac was tossed out of his very religious parents house when they found out he was gay. He moved into the apartment of his best friends brother. When Charlotte and Eric finally convince him to go see the band "Red" with them, an evening out turns tragic. When Isaac is seriously injured the band members, Troy, Kyle, Nicolai and Moss, come to his rescue. As long as he follows the rules for the 9 month transition time, the virus he was infected with will save him.
I loved watching all of the
Nicola
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read on behalf of A Book Lover’s Emporium.

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I enjoyed this paranormal story immensely; it grabbed my attention straight away, always a good sign. The way the story was told was easy to follow, no complicated words, which are sometimes used for paranormal books, which can make reading confusing. It was different to what I've previously read; usually I read books where the characters are already vampires/ware wolves /Demons etc. I have never actually read a book where we see them start as human and then the stages of the transition ...more
Melanie
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words.com review

Rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit http://wp.me/p220KL-7U6 on 8/4

From that review: "Seeing Red: Scorched by T.C. Orton represents both a new author and a new universe for me. I had not read any other books by this author so I was unfamiliar with the Omega Moon universe that this story is set in. That said, its true you don't have to have read the other novel to be able to understand or enjoy this vampire tale of romance as it has
Becky
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this vampire enemies to lovers book, with five individual and entertaining characters who all fit with their own stores and with each other well. My only gripe is that I thought the transition from seeing someone as an enemy then a lover happened a bit quick - I like mine drawn out longer with furtive longing made a little more explicit... it was just a tad subtle.

That said - a very enjoyable book and I'll be reading more by this author.
Robyn
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
Hands down, Seeing Red: Scorched is my favorite paranormal romance ever! A group of sexy, mysterious vampires and one new and confused ghoul, who is determined to find his place in this new world, had me unable to put this book down until the end. It left me full of love for these men, heartbroken for a romance that wasn't meant to be and hopeful for something even better. Looking forward to the next book in this series!

A tragedy at a club changes Isaac's life forever and leaves him depending
Tina
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was completely different than. most I read on a daily basis. Normally you read a book and can sense where the story is going. Not this book. At first, I found myself thinking what is going on, but then I wrapped my head around where I finally hoped the story might go and it absolutely took off from there. The story had a slow burn which you know can make for a more incredible storyline.

There are plot twists that you will never see coming which keeps you intrigued and dying to find out
Jaime
May 17, 2016 marked it as rainy-day-review-queue
In Rainy Day Review Queue
**)
.•.•*) .•*)
(.• (.•`*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Jaime from Alpha Book Club
description description

Debbie Bookers
Intense

This author had my attention from the get go. I've never read anything like this. It really took you through the change from human to ghoul to vampire. I enjoyed this transformation. Then you get to experience an array of emotions like rage, admiration, love and to the very rawness of attraction. This story is intense and a great read.
Lindsay Crook
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vampire goodness!!

Not what I expected but really good.These vampires are slightly different to any Iv read before.All characters were brilliant and would love to read all their stories.
Denise White
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

I like this authors take on vampires and love the world he built of paranormals .... I like these characters very much as well...still some questions that need answered but hopefully we'll get them in the next book...This is going to be a fabulous series!!!!
May 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Weird. Pulsating vampires with bulging veins. Characters that pull a complete 180. Apparently the people where the author comes from never walk, only pace. I liked the premise but there was just so much that was dumb and the writing wasn't that great either.
Shaztwirl
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Enjoyable Read

This book has everything. Humour, drama, action, a bit of heat and a few surprise turns. A really great read.
The Backlot Gay B...: Seeing Red (Scorched) by T.C. Orton 1 3 Aug 16, 2016 03:07PM

• The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Face the Music (Replay #1)
  • Halo (Fallen Angel, #1)
  • Play it by Ear (Replay, #2)
  • Change of Heart
  • Rebel (Ballsy Boys #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)
  • Strike a Chord (Replay #4)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • A King in Wonderland (Happily Ever Asher, #3)
  • Golden Boy and the Two Bears (Happily Ever Asher, #2)
  • Viper (Fallen Angel #2)
  • Stuck with You
Born January 6th 1993, T. C. resides in the United Kingdom, living with his partner Peter Jones and their dog, Drake.

T. C. has had a passion for supernatural stories from a young age, often scribbling down his latest ideas instead of focusing on whatever task was at hand during the long school days. At the age of twelve, he penned his first romance story featuring himself and the boy he had

Omega Moon Universe (5 books)
  • Omega Moon