Start by marking “Only for a Night (Lick, #1)” as Want to Read:
Only for a Night (Lick, #1)

Only for a Night

(Lick #1)

Rion Ward fought hard to be free of the Irish mob life. Now, as the co-owner of Boston’s hottest aphrodisiac club, he’s traded crime for the ultimate sexual fantasy. But when the “good girl” from his past walks through Lick’s doors, he discovers that his unconsummated hunger for her never abated.

Widowed for two years from a man who felt that anything besides the missionary
Published May 30th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Scorched)

To ask other readers questions about Only for a Night, please sign up.

Start your review of Only for a Night (Lick, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Only For A Night is book one in the Lick series by Naima Simone. This book was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley, Entangled Publishing and by the author. This book is one of the very first in the brand new Scorched line Entangled is putting out and I couldn’t be more excited about this. Naima is a new to me author and I am in love. This book was just amazing.

Only For A Night Naima Simone:

Rion Ward is the son of a criminal in the Irish Mob. All his father wanted for his son was the same
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was short but very sexy. Rion is the bad boy that fell for the good girl as teens. He let her go and now she's back. She wants to feel free and his sex club and him are just what the doctor ordered. They share a great connection and even better intimacy. Her boundaries are tested. Only at the end they both need and want more even if only one admits it. Quite the enjoyable little read and I'm definitely wanting to know what's next for the Lick trio. Safety: No OW. Yes to sharing and one OW. ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
I enjoyed this one, but it was set in a sex club and I feel like it didn't really explore that as much as it could have and I wanted a bit more. With that being said this was still mega sexy and I can't imagine you would be disappointed if you enjoy the smutty smuts!

TW: miscarriage, emotional abuse (in the past), gaslighting (in the past), slut shaming (in the past)
Claire Robinson
3.5 - "Don't try to force my hand, baby. I'm not the boy you knew..." Stars!

Naima Simone joins several other well known Entangled authors to offer up a quick read, and the beginning of her new Lick series, as part of the launch of the publishers new Scorched line.

I like this authors writing style, I have pretty much enjoyed everything that I have read by her previously, but be warned, books from the Scorched line are not your run-of-the-mill romances as such so if you are looking for easy
chan ☆
Sep 01, 2019 added it
Shelves: 2019, smut-central
i don't rate smut but this was pretty solid! decent storyline, nice sex scenes (a lil menage action). i mean that's all u can really ask for in like 160 pages
⚜️Charlotte⚜️
5 smokin HOT Stars!

Wow..I loved this story

My 1st read by this author...and certainly not my last! Rion (yum) I love a reformed bad boy...;) and I'm a sucker for Second chance at love story's...

Rion part owner of Lick (a sex club) comes face to face with Harper a girl from his past...she's no girl anymore...
She's a woman that knows what & who she wants...Rion is the one who is going to give that to her...a night of all her Fantasies!

Sultry, sexy, dirty, and so f*ing HOT it should come with
Lainey
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this, looking forward to reading the rest of the series!
Nicola
May 25, 2016 rated it liked it

If you're familiar with Entangled's Brazen imprint then their newest line, Scorched cranks the heat up a notch, although I wouldn't label it erotic, more...sex-fuelled. Only For a Night brings us widowed good-girl Harper and Rion, an ex-mafia bad-boy. And they have a past.

description

This book is a smörgåsbord of sex. Page after page of sexual antics and dirty-talk (and the word pussy which was repeated 44 times). Both Rion and Harper were likeable enough though and Naima Simone injected some
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

This book is a part Entangled Scorched line which is dedicated to erotic romance. And, it delivers. there was a lot I liked about this, and mainly I enjoyed that it was exactly what it portrayed itself to be going in...it was erotic. There was a sex club, voyeurism, and a threesome...all in one night. But, the way that the story is constructed keeps it from feeling rushed or forced. And, as it is a story that takes place between 2 people with a
Maria Rose
Entangled Publishing has released a new imprint called Scorched. It promises to have all the heat level of their Brazen line, but with fewer boundaries (sexually speaking). If this first book, one of the four released on opening day ( so to speak) is any indication, they’ve definitely let down their hair and livened things up as promised!

Only for a Night by Naima Simone is the first in her Lick series, centered on an Aphrodisiac club (a.k.a Sex Club). Rion is a co-owner of the club, a former
Jen
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Only for a Night is the first book and a novella in Naima Simone's new Lick series. Naima is new to me as an author, but I really liked this book. I was first drawn to the book because of the cover. Yes, yes, I judged this book by the cover and knew I had to read it. After reading the blurb, I knew I had not made a mistake. "Sexy tatted bad boy, Irish mob, sex club, and black out from orgasm sex"...interested in reading this book yet?! See, I was sold right away.

Rion Ward is the son of a member
Selene
Scorching hot quick read! Five years since they last saw each other, the female lead seeks out the male lead in hopes of satisfying an urgent carnal desire. With some reluctance, he agrees, establishes the terms, and this story takes off at lightning speed. He corrupts her and satisfies her fantasies, confesses his feelings for her, the end.

I expected this to be a smutty book, but it really wasn't. There is a story amongst the steamy times and this is a great fantasy-oriented read. First time
Stacy Reid
Love Rion and Harper. They were so sweet, sexy and hawt together. I really loved this novella. So sweet and hot and sexy wrapped up in one beautiful package. Rion and Harper tugged at my heart strings, and I really felt for them. The emotions and history that bound them together leapt off the pages and I was eager to see how they resolved coming together. Overall this was a very sexy and emotional read and I am dying, just dying to read Killian and Sascha's book!
Timitra
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

Only For A Night was hot, dirty and awesome. Although short it deals with a lot more than just hot sex, which I loved.
Beanimous
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is not a NA book, the hero and heroine in the book are matured adults, but it read like a NA book.

By the Chapter 2, the angst meter is reaching my tolerance limit.

Why I do not like it?

1. Over the top reaction to simple requests. eg. Heroine ask hero for sex, and without answering hero stormed off to his office and wanted to punch a hole on his wall. This sound like temper tantrum and not grown adult reaction to requests for sex. What trigger this dramatic reaction from the hero? Because
JoDeen
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the minute I saw the cover of Only For A Night I didn't even know what it was about, but I knew two things . The Cover Made me want to read this book as soon as I possibly could get my hands on it and Its Naima Simone book so I know it was going to be fantastic so it comes as no shock that I absolutely loved Only For A Night !.

In this book we follow Rion and Harper and I loved these two together!!!. Its so much fun following characters who have past in books because you have all this back
Amélie Boucher
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Probably the smuttiest book I've ever read.

This was very much outside of my comfort zone, and yet I really enjoyed it! My only complaint is that the ending felt rushed, but considering how short this is, I can't really hold it against the author.
Taryn
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Content warnings for emotional abuse and miscarriage. Also a note: stretch marks do not always equal past pregnancy.
Taryn
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A seriously spicy second-chance romance where the hero is the owner of an aphrodisiac club. Even though he’s cut ties with the Irish mob, Rion has never believed he was good enough for Harper. But when she, now widowed, shows up at his place of business and says she wants him, he can’t say no—so he says yes, but only for a night. After a stifling marriage, Harper is ready to cut loose, so she agrees to his terms. But when there’s a connection this strong, will they be able to walk away? (You ...more
Ayekah
**ARC from Loveswept/Entangled via Net_Galley in exchange for an honest review**

First a huge thank you to Entangled for the honor of previewing this book! This book comes under the new Scorch line and scorch it did! I am a Naima Simone fan and she can write a story with some heavy steam in it. This book had both. Rion and Harper friends since they were teenagers, Rion raised to fit into the Irish mob who adored Harper but never felt good enough. And so he pushes her away. His rejection stings.
Ruth
I enjoyed this one. Old friends turn into lovers for one night only. He owns a sex club, she's a widow that did not have a very satisfying marriage, so she asks an old friend for a favor. A favor that he turns down at first, but the temptation is just too much for him. So begins their one night. And boy what a night..whew! Make no mistake this is a smutty read, but sometimes you just want some good hot sex to read and not something too complicated. This was the perfect fix. Looking for a HOT ...more
Sonya
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my this is a super HOT story, but more than that it's a great love story. Harper and Rion have known each other since they were kids but they came from different sides of the "tracks". Years later Harper goes looking for Rion in his "club" what happens that night opens up old feelings and reviles their inter most hopes and desires, but will they have the courage to grab hold or will the past hold them back?
Carol
This is a different style than her other 2 books that I have previously read (Beauty and the Bachelor and The Millionaire makeover).I have to say I loved both of those.
This was a much more erotica themed novel part of a new scorched line by Entangled publishing.
The author writes really well and I love reading her books. This was a scorching hot read, no pun intended. As it is the first in a series there will be more to look forward to.
Lubnaa (Romance Library)
"She'd loved Rion with all the angsty passion of a teen and later with the hungry desire of a woman. Even when she'd tried to put him from her mind and heart, he'd just burrowed deeper."

Before I start this review, I would like to thank everyone from the OSRBC and Instagram for recommending Naima Simone to me because SHE'S FANTASTIC! Only for a Night is my second Naima Simone book and it is SO good! And guess what? It is currently free on Kindle so GRAB IT!!!!!!!!!

Only for a Night is a second
Sarah E.
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so first of all, I didn't expect to cry while reading an erotica, but here we are. It took me an hour to read this and it was great. I don't know how it worked in 101 pages, but it did. There was SMUT and there was character building. Excited to read the other two books in the series and check out more from Simone :)
Clara ✨
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ninth challenge (“Read the first book you think about!”) in the Winter 2019 Magical Readathon, created and hosted by G (aka Book Roast)

Well, a great novella! Interesting and had a nice character development considering the smaller page count.
Anne Z.
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I continue reading Naima Simone I might end up if hyperventilation issues ...
Holly mother of hotness this was scorching hot!
And it is also amazing how much depth she managed to put in one little novella. I'm amazed.
Mollien Fote Osterman

Sandy S
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 30, 2016

Widowed for two years from a man who felt that anything besides the missionary position was dirty, Harper Shaw is ready to move on. The first step to
Dísir
There’re always a million shades of smut and I hadn’t realised ‘Only for One Night’ offered less of plot and more of sex in this newer Scorched imprint than in the previous Brazen ones. It’s dirtier, hotter, filled with pages of behaviour that some might find objectionable.

And if ‘Only for One Night’ is a representation of the new imprint, I’d be the first to say that it isn’t for everyone, unlike Brazen’s more...inclusive set of stories.

Rion and Harper play out their second-chance sex-drunk
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1)
  • Learn My Lesson (Wicked Villains, #2)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Merry Inkmas
  • A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel, #1)
  • Halloween Boo (Holiday Hunk, #1)
  • Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2)
  • Wrapped (Fit Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • The King of Bourbon Street (NOLA Nights, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Preacher Man
  • Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days— ...more

Lick (3 books)
  • Only For Your Touch (Lick, #2)
  • Only For You (Lick, #3)