Start by marking “House of Goths (House of Goths, #1)” as Want to Read:
House of Goths (House of Goths, #1)

House of Goths

(House of Goths #1)

Librarian's Note: An alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

House of Goths - Not Your Average Fraternity House

Becky Sparks is a sweet, average girl who refuses to spend her college years in a lonely, soul destroying dorm, surrounded by people who don't care enough to ask her name. Bassist Kelley Keele is a Goth with a dark past. He resides at what he and his equall
Published May 22nd 2016 by Maria Bernard

To ask other readers questions about House of Goths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Goths

Natasha Harvey
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a bit hesitant when I put a post up in a book group asking for recommendations and the author pimped herself. But I read the blurb and was intrigued. So I one clicked. Thankfully.

This is a friends to lovers book about a 'mundane' everyday girl wanting to belong. And she decides she can find that in the House of Goths. A college frat house of 3 very fit goths. They all react to Becky in different ways and the story tells of their different interactions and how friendships can grow in the un
S S
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an instant-hook for me: even before I realized that the portion I've read is only a part of it. I've fallen head over heels for every single one of her characters, ranging from kinship with Becky's nervousness to sympathy and understanding for Crispin's "wall". Their personalities and banter really jump right off the page, even when they're just sitting around and painting.

One of the milestones for me when it comes to books is when I start talking as I read: someone will say somet
LaDonna
Maria Bernard has done it again! Few authors can write rock stars as sweet and sexy as she does, and no one can touch her when it comes to goth stars.

I have been awaiting the release of this book so very long, eating up a chapter a week on Wattpad for ages, rereading as I anxiously awaited more, and the final ten chapters that have been taunting and teasing me until World Goth Day finally arrived, and with it the release of the full version of House of Goths. I had no doubt that I would adore it
Kella Campbell
I really enjoyed this book. I hadn't read anything featuring a Goth hero before, and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I adored Kell by the end of it. Becky is very innocent and sheltered, but I grew to like her very much and was definitely cheering for her to end up with Kell. This book features an omniscient point of view, which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it works for the way this story is told. It drew me along and I did not want to stop reading.
Kristy Centeno
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
House of Goths was my introductory book to Maria Bernard’s work. I came upon this story through Wattpad after having seen a post about it on Facebook.
I was captivated by the premise and it wasn’t long before I was engrossed in the storyline. I was drawn in by the very first chapter, and was highly intrigued by the characters.
Kell won my heart almost from the beginning. He came across as such a sweetheart and I honestly couldn’t ask for more. Although I found myself frustrated with his constant
Goss
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so here goes: I've been binging on your stories - found them on Wattpad. Binging usually is a lack of paying attention to voting/commenting on my part. The writing itself is great. Very few mistakes and best yet, it flows well. It's very clear you aren't one of those purple prose-y authors who feels the need to describe 'everything' but you also aren't one to shy away from the details and I appreciate that.

A pet-peeve of mine: Becky's weak, child-like, and need help 24/7 deal was understan
Anna Baxter
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I first read House of Goths on Wattpad. I loved it then, and to read the whole book together, with some changes, is even better! I love Maria Bernard's These Bones series, which is also about a group of gothics. So, I'm not new to Maria's work and I truely love everything she has written. House of Goths is probably my favorite so far out of the ones I've read, and I can't wait to read more!

Anyways, read House of Goths. If you haven't ever read a book with goths, or relate to goths, then you sho
Angela Maher
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I really enjoyed this, the story, the characters, the setting. It made me feel what the characters were experiencing, and gave me plenty of smiles, even amongst the angst that came naturally to the story. Maria's style makes this a comfortable read that you can curl up with and enjoy. This was one of those books where I'd always read one or more chapters than I'd intended, even when it meant being able to get less sleep.
Tiffany Copple
This was a pretty good book . While it is different from what I would normally read it was good. I didn’t like how they kept saying goths all the time . I mean we get it . Also I wasn’t a huge fan of how much Becky cried . Overall the book was good though . It was a good story of how every though these guys maybe different they still have huge hearts and are extremely caring .
SandraBarg
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very well written story. The characters are very loveable. I loved the relationships between all of the characters.
Renee Brass
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really good read! Ms Bernard has done it again. I couldnt help but fall in love with these characters and couldnt put the book down. Cant wait for the next book in the series!
Cassandra Mello
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love love loved it!! Loved the characters a ton!
Diane Yoskowitz
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was absolutely addicted to this story. I loved all the characters and can't wait to read more about them.
Jaime M.
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college-books
Great book! Looking forward to Crispin's story!
Katie Rios
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 - 4 stars.

I liked this book. The cover was TERRIBLE but, I have a thing for the dark and brooding type of boys, so I thought I'd give this a try considering the reviews were good.

It was a good enough book. I read it in one day, so it kept me invested. I ADORED the male characters. Kelley and Crispin (but the name, I mean, REALLY?! and I'm totally into weird names too!) and Dorian. All of them were just, awesome. Sweet and caring. They all loved Becky for different reasons and I thought tha
Jaida
Caryn
May 22, 2016
Jennifer Allen
Jul 10, 2016
Maria Bernard is a Canadian author, residing in the Greater Toronto Area with her music-obsessed husband, and her adopted cat.

Maria eats, sleeps and dreams with romance in mind. One day the idea to share the many stories and scenarios that swirl in her imagination became a reality. Her stories are heavy on the romance with a healthy dose of steam. Maria’s characters are creative, strong-willed, ar

House of Goths (2 books)
  • Belonging (House of Goths, #2)