Start by marking “New Dusk (Hart and Soul #1)” as Want to Read:
New Dusk (Hart and Soul #1)

New Dusk

(Hart and Soul #1)

Alf is roaring. Most people would mistake this for anger, but they don’t spend as much time around Demons as I do…

Cadence Hart has just six months on the job left. But six months might as well be a lifetime in the dangerous field of Deportations. Armed with a flaming sword and backed by Alf, her Demon partner, she’s the thin blue line between the Souls escaped from Hell
Published May 3rd 2016 by Prospect and Raven

To ask other readers questions about New Dusk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Dusk

Start your review of New Dusk (Hart and Soul #1)
CaroleHeidi
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
Cadence lives in our world but in a time where, somehow, all the Souls in hell have broken loose and are causing havoc back on earth. Neither the living humans nor the demons of hell are particularly happy about this and Cadence is generally in charge of helping to send the troublesome Souls back where they belong (via the blade of her awesome flaming sword).

I love a book with a kick-ass lead character and Cadence is just that – she is passionate and hard-working and just the right l
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the interest of full disclosure I’m going to be honest and say that books that have the paranormal theme are not usually something I would pick up, so when I agreed to read and review New Dusk I was a little apprehensive. What if I didn’t like it? What will I say to the author? Well I needn’t have worried, New Dusk was a great little book!!!

We meet Cadence Hart (a Deporter) smack bang in the middle of a fight with a Shade, a soul escaped from Hell. Helping her, is her Demon partne
Neats
Jun 30, 2016 added it
Review to follow.
Barb VanderWel
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Hilary (SongsWroteMyStory)

So this book follows a woman named Cadence Hart who works for the police. Her main focus? Deporting souls that have escaped from hell. With the help of some living and some not quite so living coworkers, she is approached with a case regarding a possession. But possession would be too simple of an answer in this case, and she finds herself dealing with a whole bunch of things she never quite saw coming. ...more
Kenley Davidson
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
My basic test for any book is how well it keeps my attention. If I can stop reading after a few chapters and forget to come back to the book for days, it’s a good bet I’m not going to finish it. I’m happy to say that New Dusk held my interest and kept me reading all the way to what was thankfully NOT a cliffhanger ending.

I don’t read many serials, so I’m not sure what the usual format is, but I like what Gilmore has done here, giving us a story that mimics a tv episode in many ways.
Sophie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
New Dawn is a fun, fast paced book, that I could not put down. It had great writing, and a interesting plot. It has a great balance between action and mystery as well supernatural elements. The idea that souls have escaped hell to cause havoc was great.

Cadence is strong, sarcastic and awkward main character. Determined on returning the souls to hell, teams up with soul Matthew. While they shouldn't work well together, they end up making a amazing team. The two balance each other out
Liza Street
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
--ebook received in exchange for an honest review--

This was a super fun, fast-paced read. Cadence Hart is a Deportation officer who sends Souls back to Hell with her flaming sword. I loved the blend of supernatural with police procedure; it reminded me a bit of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books. A demon named Alf? Sign me up. This world was excellent, and I hope I get to spend more time in it.

I was mostly satisfied with the end since the most pressing conflict is resolve
Sue
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well written, fast moving and holds your attention. I was drawn into the story straight away and read it in one sitting. Looking forward to the next in the series!
Denial
Jan 29, 2018
Dee Davie
Sep 17, 2018

Hart and Soul (9 books)
  • Soul Rights (Hart and Soul #2)
  • New Dawn (Hart and Soul #3)
  • Good Deeds (Hart and Soul #4)
  • Soul Tithe (Hart and Soul #5)
  • Soul Hunt (Hart and Soul #6)
  • Hell Bent (Hart and Soul #7)
  • Cold Blood (Hart and Soul #8)
  • Last Rites (Hart and Soul #9)