Start by marking “THIRDS Beyond the Books: Volume 1 (THIRDS)” as Want to Read:
THIRDS Beyond the Books: Volume 1 (THIRDS)

THIRDS Beyond the Books: Volume 1

(THIRDS)

Join us as we celebrate the THIRDS universe with this collection of flash fiction stories written to prompts submitted by fans. Sometimes we want to know more about our favorite characters. Where they came from, how they became who they are, their families, friendships, and past heartaches. These snippets of moments in time offer an inside look at the lives of our favorite ...more
Published June 8th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about THIRDS Beyond the Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about THIRDS Beyond the Books

Dalia
In this collection of flash fiction stories from the THIRDS universe we get snippets of Dex, Sloane, Cael, Ash, Tony, Calvin, Hobbs, Hudson, Seb, Rosa, Letty and even Lou and Bradley’s lives. There’re childhood memories, family bonding moments, team antics as well as sexy times.

It’s definitely a great dose of fluff and feelings that will make waiting for the next installment less excruciating. Also, since these stories are written to prompts submitted by fans, it's a fun way to satisfy your cur
Jewel
Because I obviously live under a rock on the internet, I didn't even know about the existence of THIRDS Thursdays or the THIRDS flash fiction, until recently. And when I discovered them, I thought, for sure, there was no way I'd find them all and get to read them. But Charlie Cochet, being the Goddess she is, has put them all into a collection! I also noticed that there is another Beyond the Books collection coming out later this year, and that makes me beyond happy!

The snapshots of various tim
Melissa
Aww, I loved this shorties. I just wish they were longer. :) Especially from when Dex and Cael are kids, and Cael is all adorable kitten. <3 I just want my own squishy Cael, please!!!
R * A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Happy Stars!

Seriously? Could I love this group of characters any more than I already do? Cochet brings the goods people, and it lends tons of insight into the past, the beginnings, and the personalities of all our favorites, as well as filling in some blanks on other characters such as Seb & Hudson, and favorite sneaky cheetah, Austen.

You’ll cry tears of joy and sadness, laugh out loud literally, and go “awwww” a dozen times over. Ridiculously feel good stuff. Ugh. I can’t even.
Wendy
Absolutely love it !!!

This volume contains all kinds of little stories requested by fans. I loved all the extra info in this collection, from the beginning of these series until now. My favorite part was the sex talk between Dex and Tony...I wanted to know about that ever since I learned about it. It was so funny !!

Hudson and Seb were to most intriguiging to me. I really want to know more about those two and I loved Hudsons english cursing !!

This is a great addition to one of the best series eve
Renée
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
What Charlie Cochet did here is truly wonderful for her fans. Not that I don't think she had a blast while doing it, but the she took writing these shorts based on fan requests is pretty amazing.

THIRDS Beyond the Books is a compilations of fan requests, in the form of prompts, for a little more behind your favorite cast of characters from THIRDS. No one was left out. If you wanted to see the moment Dex, as a small child, met Cael or the moment Calvin and Hobbs met as teenagers, this compilation
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

Enjoyed some more than others.

A neat concept though of various scenes or snippets from the books that we might not have gotten details on.

Worth the read, even if I did skip a few.
Debra
Release day review at Sinfully.

A must for any THIRDS fan! If you follow Charlie Cochet on social media you probably already know about THIRDS Thursdays where readers submit prompts for a flash fiction story they would like to see. Depending on when the story was written, some has been covered in subsequent books, but here you’ll find a collection of some of these shorts ranging from alternate points of view and bonus scenes, to childhood flashbacks. All the main characters are represented, but t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thursday has been a day of worship for all THIRDS fans ever since Charlie thought of and started the (in)famous THIRDS Thursdays. THIRDS Thursdays include free flash fiction based on readers’ prompts, but also character interviews, various quizzes and lots of other things. The most popular, of course, is the actual flash fiction for which the readers constantly send their wishes and prompts. It can be anything, as long as it respects the timeline and doesn’t spoil the storylines that have yet to ...more
Elsbeth

I loved this. It was wonderful reading about these background stories. I laughed so hard reading about Tony's sextalk to Dex. Hillarious.

Really recommended for THIRDS fans!!
Eugenia
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic companion to THIRDS!

I absolutely loved getting these extra snippets and peeks at our THIRDS’ men’s lives. They were funny, insightful, heartbreaking, and at times appalling.

Everyone had a cameo or staring role in these with the exception of Sparks, Wolf and some of the baddies.

I especially liked all of the snippets which showed us how each of the THIRDS couples first met. Very cute.
haletostilinski
I enjoyed all these little drabbles, they were so fun to read! From getting some snippets of the Daley/Maddock household over the years (and even Dex and his parents w/ Tony a few hours before they died :( it was so bittersweet to read that) all the way to all the couples in the series's first meetings, even Calvin/Ethan a few times as they grew up together, and even one of Sloane and Ash in the facility, a few Seb/Hudson ones too that were cute.

Can't wait to read volume two! These are so fun :D
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I like the idea of a published author taking the time out to write a book in this case on prompts by her fans. I think it is a sure way to stay connected and offer little tidbits in between publication of the series. This was great. I laughed at some of the prompts, and Aww'd at anything Tony, Dex and Cael related. They definitely were my favorite. I think Charlie handled each prompt really well. I loved the little bits of the past we got to see in certain characters. I look forward to Seb and H
Viv
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hoopla
Charlie is one of the most generous and sweetest authors I know. I love the little snippets into the THIRDS world that she provides with her THIRDS Thursdays. I laughed and I cried and I loved them all.

I am a total THIRDS Nerd and proud of it!
Chris
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A really nice look at some funny, intimate and vulnerable moments with the THIRDS crew ❤ ...more
Jaime
I love reading Thirds Thursday newsletters, these were all great and I really loved Seb and Hudson's stories and I hope they get a book soon.
Susan
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifters
Nice collection of background stories.

I skipped some because they bored me, but others were hilarious!
I think my favorite was the sex ed with Dex and Tony.
Meags
4 Stars

This collection of behind-the-scenes snapshots into the lives of our favourite members of Destructive Delta is an absolute must-read for all THIRDS fans.

I can’t rave about this series enough. I feel like Cochet has nailed this series in a way that is rare in long running book series. The writing quality and the world-building is absolutely fantastic, but mostly it’s the brilliant and lovable characters that keep me coming back for more! I adore ALL the characters in this series. The tria
Trio
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awww... every THIRDS Thursday fan has got to read this book, so sweet. All those little scenes we missed out on :)
BWT (Belen)
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2016
Cute, sometimes funny, some sexy, some fun cringe worthy...most of them were solidly entertaining.
Christy
'THIRDS' by Charlie Cochet is one of my top ten all-time favorite series. So when I heard that she was putting together a collection of fan fiction shorts, you can believe I was all over the dibsing for this book. The thought of the author writing shorts in response to prompts from fans had me salivating. The other thing it had me doing, however, was scratching my head in frustration at how I was going to write this review.

As much as I would dearly love to talk about each and every prompt and th
Bev

A little book consolidating the THIRDS Thursday fanfic stories that Charlie writes for free to prompts from the THIRDS Nerds group and others on Facebook, and yes of course I'm a member!!

Plenty of Dex/Sloane, Ethan/Cal and Cael/Ash as well as a little Seb/Hudson cameo and Sloane/Gabe. Well worth the money. Thanks Charlie. x
Love Is All Around
Voto: 4.5

Benché questo volume faccia parte a tutti gli effetti della serie “THIRDS”, il lettore si trova di fronte a una lettura un po’ diversa dal solito. È sì dolce, divertente e a tratti spassosa come la serie “portante”, ma è tuttavia una raccolta di racconti che riguardano spaccati di vita dei nostri beniamini e che dà la possibilità a noi fan di scoprire scene inedite di prima e di durante le vicende.
La Cochet ha da tempo dato la possibilità ai suoi lettori di chiederle dei prompt (ovvero
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

One word – fun

One emotion – laughter

Ok, so some of them were a bit more serious than others but for them most part reading this book had me laughing out loud.

This is a great chance to see our favourite characters, and there are a lot of characters featured, enjoying themselves. It reminds me of the old bloopers series that used to be on TV where you got the silly outtakes or bits that hadn’t made it onto screen.

Most of these stories are only 2 or 3 pages long and
Shan( Shans_Shelves)
No rating. Not because it was bad or anything I just can't decided me and my indecisive ass loved this but also skimmed some of the short stories. I do believe die hard fans should read this you are in for a treat. I can't wait to read the next one :)
Sara Emme
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ho adorato queste brevi storie! Non vedo l’ora di leggere il prossimo libro della serie!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I went through the THIRDS series in a frantic fury and then, when it was all done, I found myself lost. That’s the only bad thing about becoming obsessed with a series and binge reading them. When the end comes, you don’t really know what to do with yourself. Thankfully, there are at least two more books —one for Seb and Hudson and one last one for Dex and Sloane —before Cochet dives into the THIRDS universe novels, but she has treated readers with these Beyond the Books type reads.

These aren’
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIRDS Beyond the Books is a Grade A, first rate collection of awesome fan service. Charlie Cochet expanded her beloved characters from the THIRDS series at the fans’ behest, and it was fantastic. Just as the blurb says, if you’ve ever wondered about something just mentioned in passing in the series, this is a book for you.

This is the first set of THIRDS Thursday stories, and there are more to come. To date, the author is also continuing to write more as she continues the main series, too. They
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

THIRDS Beyond the Books is a compilation of flash fiction stories written by series author Charlie Cochet in response to reader prompts. It covers a wide time frame from before the start of the series, all the way through the timeline of the third book (another volume is coming in October with prompts from the more recent books). The collection also covers a variety of characters, with everyone from Dex and Sloane, to Cael and Ash, to Hudson and Seb, and even a st
  • Hexslayer (Hexworld, #3)
  • How to Wish Upon a Star (Howl at the Moon, #3)
  • Red
  • Prickly By Nature (Portland Pack Chronicles, #2)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Epitaph (Infected #8)
  • Unwanted Appeal (Hidden Wolves, #2.5)
  • Unbreakable Stories: Snow (Unbreakable Bonds, #2.5)
  • Johnnie (Siphon Collection, #1)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Dirty Bites (Cole McGinnis, #6.5)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • Queer Magick (Queer Magick, #1)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

THIRDS (10 books)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4)
  • Against the Grain (THIRDS, #5)
  • Catch a Tiger by the Tail (THIRDS, #6)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Thick & Thin (THIRDS, #8)
  • Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS, #9)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)