Start by marking “Dukes in Disguise” as Want to Read:
Dukes in Disguise

Dukes in Disguise

Grace Burrowes, Emily Greenwood, and Susanna Ives team up to bring you three Regency novellas, each featuring a young, wealthy duke who must spend two weeks masquerading as a commoner in the bucolic backwater of Lesser Puddlebury. Disaster will rain down if their graces' titled status become public knowledge. Fortunately for our heroes, true love is no respecter of rank.

Hi
Published March 1st 2016 by Grace Burrowes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dukes in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dukes in Disguise

Georgie-who-is-Sarah
On the bright side, these are three stories by well-established authors, so the writing is fluent and occasionally funny. I've read all the previous ducal anthologies, and they are good fun. However, the premise of this anthology is so fundamentally improbable (three dukes must pass incognito in the same small village) that each story starts with a handicap. The stories don't intertwine, so the same pattern of: disguise - love - self-justification - the big reveal - occurs three times, and reall ...more
Rose Blue
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars As reviewed at Roses Are Blue: http://wp.me/p3QRh4-lL

DUKES IN DISGUISE is a compilation of short stories about three dukes, Mowne, Lucere, and Starlingham, who are best friends. When a freakish accident causes a stray bullet to ricochet and hit Mowne in the buttock, (courtesy of younger brother Freddy) it's time to get out of town before gossip can start. If Mowne's uncle hears of any scandal, he'll punish Mowne financially, since he rules the purse strings of the family. So Mowne take
Keri
3.5 Stars. I wish that the ladies would have came together and put together an EPI with the Sun, Moon and Stars together with their new loves...that would have scored higher with me.
Melanie
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am one of those Grace Burrowes fans that if she wrote on a paper bag, I'd gobble it up. As for the other two authors, I've read some of their books and liked them. I'm not sure who came up with this anthology premise, but whoever did, it was a good one.

Grace Burrowes sets the anthology up with three friends and all of them dukes, in dire need of disguise as one of them needs to convalesce. All three decide to travel to different locations and to stay incognito. What can go wrong while they 'l
Donna
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun quick read! Three Dukes hiding out from scandal and Lesser Puddlebury will never be the same. Neither will the Dukes as they unexpectedly find love!
Jan
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this last year and forget to include it!

Grace Burrowes is one of the authors....'nuff said:)
Kristi
Liked the one by Grace Burrowes best. The other two weren't bad and I enjoyed the connecting theme.
OLT
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe I needed to be disguised to enjoy this more. That would be "disguised" in the old meaning of "enjoying the results of a bottle or two of something alcoholic in me". The funny thing about this anthology is that I bought it because Susanna Ives was one of the contributors and I remember her RAKES AND RADISHES as a well-written book and wanted to read her novella here. I did not buy it for Grace Burrowes, whose writing, although good, I tired of a few hundred of her books ago. So, the funny t ...more
Theresa
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very weak offering from talented authors

***Spoilers***
The first two novellas are practically identical:
-Both female protagonists are in straitened circumstances supporting children and aging/ailing parents or retainers; one on a farm the other in a boarding house
-Each woman is threatened by a creditor who is putting financial pressure on them to pay up or marry them as a means of discharging the debts.
-Each woman has a familial connection to 'their' Duke
-Each woman has applied to 'their' Duke se
Cherie
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, e-book, novella
Grace Burrows "His Grace of Lesser Puddlebury": A full meal. The heroine, Julianna, is in financial trouble and about to lose the farm, literally. The hero is a duke in disguise as he doesn't want his uncle, who holds the purse strings, to know he's been shot (trying to intervene in a duel) and punish him financially. I never did understand why the uncle is in charge financially, though. I liked the protagonists, I liked the story, I liked the romance.

Susanna Ives "Duchess of Light": There were
Sieravonne
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthologies
The Duke of Lesser Puddlebury by Grace Burrowes
1 star

The [i]most[/i] boring novella I ever read. It wa sooo long-winded that it took me 2 days to finish it! I usually finish a novella in half a day.

The Duchess of Light by Sussana Ives
4 stars

I almost loved it but Lucere was very judgmental and rude.

Kiss Me, Your Grace by Emily Greenwood
3 stars

Average: 2.67 stars
Marilyn Kavanaugh
Three delightful Regencies

led off by the incomparable Grace Burrowes. It must be fun to create men as you would wish they could be.
Rosemarie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all Grace Burrows books and these stories will not dissapoint. A fun read about three Dukes who retreat to the country and find true love.
Christina
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anthologies like this when the stories are parallel to each other
Isabelle
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 short, easy to read novellas.
Jane
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was three different stories but together about three dukes in hiding. They were cute little love stories.
Katherine
I would have given this book another star but the formatting ruined it for me - the whole thing was underlined for reasons I don't understand.
I still enjoyed the stories though.
Lauren
His Grace of Lesser Puddlebury by Grace Burrowes

Duchess of Light by Susanna Ives

Kiss Me, Your Grace by Emily Greenwood
William
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Head over heels.

Try to be someone that you are not! Be yourself and enjoy the life that you had imagined before became what you are. Figure that out and be happy! ENJOY.
Claire
Read the Burrowes and Greenwood stories. Started the Ives, but decided to skip when the setup seemed nearly identical to the Burrowes story - impoverished heroine who is distantly related to hero, pursed by slimy other man who holds a debt over her head. The Burrowes story was redeemed by the heroes excellent siblings and some fun revenge on the slimy other man, but I still didn't believe in the suitability of the H/h pair, and couldn't imagine how the heroine would function as duchess.

I did en
Michelle Mcgrath
I'm looking forward to reading more by these authors

Interesting stories and characters. Love the length of the stories just right leaves you wishing for more. I wish,I,could spend more time in this country village.
Sooz Anzalone
I like to read anthologies to get an idea of a new author without having to invest in the whole book. I wish this had been a full length book by Grace Burrowes, since her story seemed to have more depth and better characters than the other stories.
Danielle
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a nice anthology of novellas. I liked how the stories tied into each other a bit, the hero of each novella was friends with the other heroes, and their stories intertwined a bit. I liked the first story the best, probably because it was by the author I am familiar with, the reason I bought this book. However, I liked all of the stories. I'm looking forward to their next foray, Duchesses in Disguise. I think this is a good pick for fans of Grace Burrowes.
Christine
Grace Burrowes is an auto-buy for me, even when it's an anthology....and the price was right!

Three dukes -- three friends -- one accidentally injured in a duel, decide to retreat incognito from London to the countryside to escape the scandal and wait for the wound to heal. Each of the novellas tells the story of one of the dukes, and how they find love in the most unlikely of places.

Connor, Duke of Mowne, will stay with his Mother's friend, Jules St. Bellan, only to find that Jules is, in fact,
N.W. Moors
Dukes in Disguise is the new anthology by Grace Burrowes, Emily Greenwood, and Susanna Ives. The premise is that three friends and all Dukes are hiding out in the small town of Lesser Puddlebury because of a shooting mishap. Each author takes on the story of one of the Dukes in different ways that intertwine slightly.
Ms. Burrowes wrote His Grace of Lower Puddlebury about the Duke of Mowne, the unfortunate who received the gunshot wound to his posterior and must hide out now in the village. Fortu
Heidi
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-reads
Once I truly started reading this was a quick read. I had to restart three or four times though because I lost my place and re-read from the beginning... With weeks in between seriously reading and the start.

I like the idea of three authors taking three friends (hiding from scandal), all Dukes, and plopping them into the same small town. I was intrigued enough by the stories, but wonder if I missed more of the backstory somewhere in another book. I truly read it just for the Grace Burrowes story
Leslee
Generally I dislike anthologies because I end up only liking one or two of the stories, but these three writers work well together. I enjoyed each individual story and the over arching story line between the three. I only wish that Grace Burrowes would have written an epilogue (since she wrote the beginning of their scheme) with the three dukes enjoying an evening with their new duchesses to really tie the three stories up nicely. Thanks to this anthology I believe I will be looking up some more ...more
Patricia
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, 2016-reviewed
YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH A DUKE!!!!!!

It's a six-exclamation point book! Okay, Grace Burrowed I like. She's an auto-buy author for me, because she never misses. In this lovely little collection, she introduced me to two more authors. Sort of like, she brought them over for tea. And we had so very much fun, laughing about the perils of being a duke, and the wonders of love.
It's a quick story, then another and another. The writing is tight, they match, and there is delicate humor scattered from the
Frances
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dukes etc.

The first story deserved three stars it was a solid Regency short story. The second Story was a solid 2 1/2 Stars with a decent plot and likeable characters. The third story was a solid one star because it was unbelievable and the characters were unlikable and their relationship was going to end badly.
Olga Schipani
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dukes

Wonderful book. I have always been an avid reader of Grace Burrowes and love all her books. I purchased this book because I always enjoyed her stories, but I have say I truly enjoyed Ms. Skye's and Ms. Greenwoods writings. It was wonderful discovering them and now I'm looking forward to reading their books.

• At the Christmas Wedding
  • Dressed to Kiss
  • Once Upon A Dream (Bedwyn Saga, #6.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas Is a Duke
  • Christmas Brides
  • At The Billionaire's Wedding
  • The Dukes of Vauxhall
  • Gambled Away: A Historical Anthology
  • A Very Matchmaker Christmas
  • The Last Chance Christmas Ball
  • The Duke in My Bed (The Heirs' Club of Scoundrels, #1)
  • An Invitation to Sin
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Yuletide Happily Ever Afters; A Merry Little Set Of Regency Romances
  • Three Weddings and a Murder
  • 'Tis the Season: Regency Yuletide Short Stories
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • Five Golden Rings: A Christmas Collection
Grace Burrowes started writing as an antidote to empty nest and soon found it an antidote to life in general. She is the sixth out of seven children, raised in the rural surrounds of central Pennsylvania. Early in life she spent a lot of time reading romance novels and practicing the piano. Her first career was as a technical writer and editor in the Washington, DC, area, a busy job that nonethele ...more