Start by marking “Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #4)” as Want to Read:
Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #4)

Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction

(Goose Pimple Junction #4)

Sweet Southern belle Caledonia Culpepper and hit woman in training Wynona Baxter come up against crooked lawyers, restless husbands, a teenage hoodlum . . . it seems there are rogues and rascals everywhere you look in Goose Pimple Junction. When their paths cross, they prove there isn't a rogue or a rascal who can keep a good woman down. Mama always said there'd be days li ...more
Published May 5th 2016 by Blue Publications

To ask other readers questions about Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction

Start your review of Rogues & Rascals In Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #4)
Kathleen
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome back to Goose Pimple Junction, Tennessee!

Rogues & Rascals in Goose Pimple Junction is an entertaining whodunit story with a southern twist! The author weaves an intriguing southern cozy murder mystery tale told in the third person narrative that immediately draws the reader in with its quirky humor and fast-paced action. This captivating tale has enough twists and turns that will leave your head spinning! Rich in detail and vivid descriptions, the story takes place in Goose Pimple Juncti
Jessica Robbins
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour, own-kindle
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs... ...more
books are love
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Hank and Caledonia...Hank because he finally finds someone to catch his eye and whomp she isn’t as she seems. Caledonia because she is sweet as pie and a wonderful Southern Belle but someone is trying to kill her..And the why is just wow...

Our favorite characters are back with more phrases to have you laugh and smile and a town that has you feel warm and fuzzy and like you are there with them in Goose Pimple Junction.

We have our bad guys who blow the mind with their schemes..A young man wh
S.R. Mallery
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***** GOTTA LOVE THAT GOOD 'OL SOUTHERN CHARM

Starting each chapter with, “Mama always said…” followed by a text with funny, idiomatic sayings, once again Ms. Metz displays her trademark Southern Charm. This time we are quickly drawn into her story by a “bad guy,” waiting for a “mark”––comically renamed Mr. Polyester Pants. From there, the author introduces us to a whole host of likeable characters––a newly-hired, northern-transplanted gal with a head for investigation; an appealing, albeit mistr
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Dollycas’s Thoughts

We are back in Goose Pimple Junction where there never is a dull moment. You will be laughing out loud at times and on the edge of your seat at others.

Caledonia Culpepper thinks she is doing everything right in her marriage but her husband has completely lost interest in her.

Wynona Baxter has come to Goose Pimple Junction for a job. A job to kill someone!

Plus the town seems to be overflowing with Rogues and Rascals.

Amy Metz takes us on hilarious and sometimes dangerous adventu
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Another hysterically funny installment in the Goose Pimple Junction Mysteries!

Not your everyday cozy mystery series, author Amy Metz takes on murder, mayhem, and the south, like no other author I’ve read. I’ve never laughed so hard while reading a mystery. I have read some that are a lot of fun, but this series has been known to make me do the laughing-snort! You know you’re in for laughs with each chapter starting out with Mama always said . . . One example . . . “Mama always said . . . If it’s
Christoph Fischer
This book shot up my tbr pile quickly. I love Amy's use of alliterations. In fact, the book is full of such brilliant details, character names and locations that in themselves provide entertainment, even before the snappy dialogue and the individual personalities assigned to the characters do their magic. This is simply hilarious.
Witty, with great scene setting and wonderful aouthern flair this has long been one of my favourite cosy mysteries series.
It starts with an ominous murder scene, then
Sherry
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Southern at it's Best!

Amy Metz's Goose Pimple Junction is full of oddball eccentric characters that you just have to love. Their "southernisms" are awesome, especially for a northern like me. Metz does a wonderful job of weaving the plot threads around creating drama & a few surprises. I like that each book in the series has a different main set of characters while still keeping the old favorites. This actually allows you to pick up any of the books & start there, although I do recommend reading
Molly
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hilarious, laugh out loud, cosy mystery set in the wonderful southern town of Goose Pimple Junction. This is a strong series with wit, great authentic feel and excellent detail. Starting with brilliant choices for character names, such as Pickle Culpepper, and small side characters, such as a very snappy shop assistant, this is entertaining right from the start.
The plot is well thought-through, the pace just right to keep things flowing nicely and the characters are simply to die for.
I'm
Ellen Collier
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun-cozy-mystery
The down-home folks are back in GPJ with their fun Southern sayings and country manners--but with a twist. There's a not-so-nice new gal in town who's hell-bent on a mission of murder. Who'd want to kill one of these sweeter-than-pie locals--and why?
In the fourth installment of this fun cozy mystery series, Amy Metz shakes things up with a hardened hit woman who wreaks havoc on this Mayberry-like small town. Metz's smooth style is easy to read and flows from one surprise to the next with altern
Bubble Bath Books
"You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits." The Goose Pimple Junction books are completely delightful and unexpectedly complex, filled with humor, misdirection, and twisty hijinks. We highly recommend that you read them all! Read our full review at http://wp.me/p5s62b-Li ...more
sylvia kropp
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kept me guessing!

I am hooked on this series. Hope there will be more. This one has the characters I enjoy so much. The southern aspect is so funny.
Linda C
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Another humorous mystery from Goose Pimple Junction. This focuses on hit woman, Wynona, and her first independent assassination attempt. There is a murder and a lot of botched attempts. Wynona interacts with the citizens in a variety of disguises, feeling there is something wrong with her assignment and with her career choice. Caledonia Culpepper, the victim of the multiple attempts is going through a contentious divorce and befriends Wynona is some of her guises. Lots of colloquial phrases and ...more
Mikaela
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it! I didn’t realize at first it was book 4 but it was fine to read as a stand alone. I enjoyed the characters and the thrill of trying to find out who wanted cal dead. The characters are well written and as someone who has family from the south the dialect was spot on. All in all a fun book to read and I look forward to reading books 1-3
Mishael
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun trip to GPJ

I’ve read all the other Goose Pimple Junction books and loved them, and this one is no different. If you’re looking for a great cozy mystery book (and series), you won’t be disappointed with this.
Linda Carlson
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and serious

I liked the down south references and the atmosphere. The characters were quirkywithout being too far out to be believable. Good story about deciding who to be.
Teri Miller
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, indeed!

Please don't let this be the last book in this series!!! Usually by the 3rd book of a series it's getting stale, but not this series! It's just getting better💕
Nancy
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. The twists and turns of the plot made it hard to put down. As a stay at home mom, I liked the positive perspective it portrayed. I can't wait for the next book to see what the future holds for the citizens of Goose Pimple Junction. Whatever it is, it will be entertaining.
Joan Thompson
I just couldn't get into this book and gave up. Not to my liking.
Broughps
Almost wished Wynona could have stuck around for Hank.
Janice V. Gray
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If it looks like a duck..

It a very clever read...deeply developed characters...situations and twist. The Southern idiom gives the storyline humor and heart. Don't miss.

Jayneen Gambrell
Patricia Myers
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead
  • Death Under Glass (Stained-Glass, #2)
  • Tagged for Death (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #1)
  • Dying for Strawberries (A Berry Basket Mystery #1)
  • The Longest Yard Sale (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #2)
  • The Braque Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #3)
  • Home: A Memoir of My Early Years
  • Secrets in a Bottle (Whodunit Antiques, #1)
  • Reel of Fortune (Miss Fortune Mystery #12)
  • Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
  • The Coloring Crook (Pen & Ink Mysteries, #2)
  • It All Comes Back to You
  • Address to Die For (A Maggie McDonald Mystery #1)
  • Antiques & Avarice
  • Vegetables and Vengeance (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mystery Book 17)
  • Old Crimes and Nursery Rhymes (White Mountains Romantic Mysteries #2)
  • Murder and Mistletoe
  • Justice and Joy (White Mountains Romantic Mysteries Book 4)
interests
photography, baking, writing, gardening, reading, needlepoint

favorite books
mysteries, thrillers, chick lit

about me
I am the author of a humorous mystery series set in the fictional town of Goose Pimple Junction. I live in Louisville, Kentucky with my invisible friends Tess, Jackson, Pickle, Louetta, Martha Maye, Butterbean, Henry Clay, Buck...

Goose Pimple Junction (5 books)
  • Murder & Mayhem in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #1)
  • Heroes & Hooligans in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction Mysteries #2)
  • Short & Tall Tales in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction #3)
  • Liars & Lunatics in Goose Pimple Junction (Goose Pimple Junction, #5)

News & Interviews

“Mama always said . . . If it’s got tires or testicles, you’re going to have trouble with it.” 0 likes