Start by marking “The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back” as Want to Read:
The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back

The Bad Guys: Episode 3: The Furball Strikes Back

(The Bad Guys #3)

The Bad Guys are about to have a VERY BAD DAY! Mr Wolf and his bad, bad buddies have messed with the wrong guinea pig. And this nasty little furball wants revenge!
Will they survive? Will they be heroes? And will they just stop trying to eat each other?
It’s time to put on your chuckle-pants and find out!
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2016 by Scholastic Press

Montzalee Wittmann
So fun!

The Good Guys are after a mad scientist and it gets really crazy and funny. They have another team member since book one, a spider named Legs. Great series for kids!
Ms. Yingling
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So much snorting through my nose. Something about the ways the eyes are drawn cracks me up. Looking forward to entire series.
La Coccinelle
This is funny, but incomplete. Unlike the previous two books in the series, this one doesn't really have a full plot. A new character is introduced, the villain escapes, and the Bad Guys have another new problem to deal with.

The funny touches are all there, complete with snark and bathroom humour. But this book feels kind of rushed and light on plot, at least compared to the previous installments.

Luckily, I've already got the next book, The Bad Guys in Attack of the Zittens, so I can keep readin
Abigail
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the 'Bad Guys'
Evil, mad-scientist guinea-pig Dr. Rupert Marmalade strikes back in this third hilarious beginning chapter-book/graphic-novel about the (mis)adventures of a crew of would-be-good bad guys from Australian author/artist Aaron Blabey. Lured to Marmalade's secret compound in the woods, the companions - Mr. Wolf, Mr. Snake, Mr. Piranha, Mr. Shark and Legs the tarantula - soon find themselves in hot water. Unbeknownst to them, however, their activities are being tracked by a cunning ninja who may, or ...more
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
My daughter and I took turns reading this book. We both liked this one more than the 2nd book and are really looking forward to the fourth book with the zombie kittens. The evil guinea pig is just a fun character.

This is in graphic novel format, but, I would say that it is excellent for that somewhat reluctant reader who wants some humor and action.

There's kiddie violence, but, other than that should be fine for even fairly strict parents.

Deyla
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It had lots of funny moments and I laughed at it a lot. The best part is where Parana says that he calls brave people idiots.
Kermit
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction

My favorite part is the beginning of the book where the chickens (who were featured in Book #2) give testimonials about being set free by Mr. Wolf and his friends.

And I especially love the end of the book because it sets up the plot for Book #4 (which will be out in a few weeks). At the end of the book, zombie kittens have been created----and zombie kittens are called ZITTENS! How could anyone not get behind a book about zombie kittens??
Librariasaurus
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enjoyable installment to this fabulous kids series. Although this one does lack the environmental message that comes with most of the other books in his repertoire.
I'll just say this: zombie kittens!
Bec
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Crazy antics keep you laughing
Cadee
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought it was a funny scary book. Marmalade a hamster is mad at the Good Guys Club for raiding his chicken farm. He strikes back by releasing an army of zombie kittens, commonly know as Zittens. Along the way, they find help from someone from the Hero's Club named Agent Fox. Then it just says to be continued.
Isla
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
XD I could not stop laughing out loud! It was so funny!
Heather
I am definitely looking forward to reading the next book because... zombie kittens!
Beth
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOL! LOL! LOL! I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!!! So hilarious!!!!!
Steph
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still think this series is cute; the ending is pretty fun and now I can't wait to read #4!

I brought this up to 4 stars because I love the pooping problems... honestly. Got me everytime.
Patricia
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Bring on the zittens! We can't wait for #4.
Claire Waters
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book. A quick read for me.
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
AS SEEN ON: A THOUSAND WORDS A MILLION BOOKS

I received a review copy from Scholastic India in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are entirely my own.

Why am I reading a book written for children, you might ask? After all, I’m scheduled to enter the last of my teens a mere FIVE days after I write this review and so far away from a five year old kid. Honestly, I have one reason:

- THIS SERIES IS HILARIOUS. It’s about traditionally Bad Guys trying to be nights in shining arm
Jene
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Wolf is gathering together a gang of bad guys. Mr. Shark, Mr. Snake, and Mr. Piranha join up with Mr. Wolf to form . . . The Good Guys Club?! Yup, these baddies are looking to become heroes! No more Mr. Bad Guy, these characters are polishing up their reputation. And, of course, hijinks ensue. In the first book, the guys save a cat stuck in a tree, and then decide in their next mission they will bust 200 dogs out of the city dog pound. Can they do it? And will they be called heroes at the en ...more
Barbara
This is my third Bad Guys book, and I've enjoyed them all and look forward to the next one, Attack of the Zittens. In this installment, the Bad Guys are on their way to the woods for a rescue mission, but it turns out someone else has plans for them. With three of them trapped by a guinea pig bent on revenge, it's up to Legs and Piranha to save the day. With a little assistance from a ninja who is actually a fetching secret agent who catches Mr. Wolf's eye, they pull of a daring escape only to f ...more
Rachel Miller
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enter one furious furball.

There was quite a bit packed in this little novel. Another rescue attempt, deception. a cute, but furious little guinea pig with a dastardly plan to take over the world, a ninja. Yep, all that in this little book! I've said this in my other reviews of these Episodes thus far. They are definitely lightening quick fun reads for adults. But paced perfectly for beginning chapter readers who are having difficulty focusing on chapter books. Hilarious illustrations are still a
Becky B
Some of the Bad Guys are having a hard time adjusting to doing good. Especially when doing good is getting them into more trouble than doing bad used to. Wolf convinces them to do one more good thing. They are lured into the forest to stop some bulldozers from taking down trees but when they show up the bulldozers are made out of cardboard and they soon find themselves caught in a trap. How can they escape from a deranged mad scientist guinea pig?!

The Bad Guys provide lots of laughs as they bumb
Nicola
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miss 4 is autistic and the chapter books that she really likes, she REALLY likes. We have read the the Captain Underpants and Dog Man books many, many times over the last two years and we have now added the Bad Guys to the mix reading Books 1-8 several times through over the last month. It's an awesome series that it likely to be a hit with fans of Dav Pilkey (and his endorsement on the covers helped encourage me to buy them).

I love the personality contrasts between the characters - the endless
Brittany
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This review was verbally created by an 8-year-old boy, and transcribed by me*

My favorite part of this Bad Guys book was when the bad guys were hanging upside down by Marmalade, and Mr. Wolf ate Mr. Snake . . . then Mr. Shark ate Mr. Wolf!

I did not like that Mr. Wolf was in love with the ninja! What’s the point of being in love! They’re bad guys!

The ending made me laugh when they are talking about the next book will make me laugh until I cry or laugh until I fart!

>< >< >< >
The_Mad_Swede
Aaron Blabey's wonderful comics narrative, seemingly almost disguised as an illustrated children's book, continues in this third instalment of the adventures of Mr Wolf, Mr Snake, Mr Pirahna, Mr Shark, and the recent addition of the tarantula Legs. The events of the previous volume, The Bad Guys Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable , now come back to haunt the group of reformed bad guys turned heroes, as evil guinea pig (and chicken farm owner) Doctor Rupert Marmalade has set a trap for the group. An ...more
Perch
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A comic/novel hybrid for young readers you follow the madcap adventures of a group of talking animals who are typically identified as 'bad guys'. The first book is introductions and a light starting adventure to establish the characters. It's cute, it's a light read with many fun illustrations and it's fun to read out loud to little ones, even multiple times, which is always a plus.

This one introduces a new recurring female character. On her own she's awesome. How Mr. Wolf reacts to her however
zapkode
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – The Bad Guys Club gets a tip that the local forest is about to be bulldozed down. They are worried about the animals that have made their home there. So they rush over as soon as possible to try and put a stop to it all.

When they get there they learn that it was a trap, however they learn that a little late. Three out of the five end up tied to a rope and they other two end up trying to figure out what they need to do to rescue them. The Tarantula says he sees a ninja but he hadn
Nancy Kamenyero
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In order to fully understand the characters history I highly recommend reading books 1 & 2 first. This time they plan to save over 200 dogs from the local city kennel. But will their new team member be onboard with the plan, or does he have His own ideas? This book has full page images (not comic book boxes) and the text is very minimal, making this a very encouraging book for kids transitioning to chapter books that still need images to keep the interested in the story. I bought books 1, 2 ...more
Debra
This series just keeps getting better and better. Lured to a remote location, the GOOD GUYS stumble into a trap by the furball they encountered at the chicken farm rescue. The interviews with the rescued chickens are hysterical and the media is finally realizing that maybe they are GOOD GUYS. The "bonding" of the team is put at risk when they are captured by the mad megalomaniacal
scientist guinea pig called Marmalade. What is the secret weapon that Marmalade is unleashing on them? Can't wait!
AMY
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 2-5
140 pages. Book 3 is a good continuing saga of the Bad Guys who really want to be good guys. It seems their earlier good deeds are catching up with them. You never know what evil is lurking around the corner of the woods. I found the illustrations funnier than the dialogue this time but kids will like it for sure. I love the little teeth peeking out of each of the Bad Guys’ mouth. Bravo Blabey. Keep cranking out that humor. Kids have been anxiously awaiting these next installments at my school. ...more
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
In the third episode of The Bad Guys, our lovable buddies, the wolf, shark, snake, and sardine (I mean, piranha) are finally being recognized as heroes in disguise! But...they fall into the trap of Dr. Marmalade, an evil guinea pig (known as a Billionair Mad Scientist). Will they ever get out to save the day, again? The hilarious shenanigans continue, and readers of this series will want more! (Yes, give us more!)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Night of the Living Worms: A Speed Bump & Slingshot Misadventure
  • The Princess in Black and the Mysterious Playdate (The Princess in Black #5)
  • Super Narwhal and Jelly Jolt (A Narwhal and Jelly, #2)
  • The Great Pet Escape
  • The Epic Adventures of Huggie & Stick
  • March of the Vanderpants (The Notebook of Doom, #12)
  • Saving the Whole Wide World (HiLo, #2)
  • Dark Shadows: Yes, Another Misadventure (Chicken Squad #4)
  • Good Night, Planet
  • Lyric McKerrigan, Secret Librarian
  • Survival of the Furriest: My Fangtastically Evil Vampire Pet
  • Creepy Pair of Underwear!
  • All Paws on Deck (Haggis and Tank Unleashed #1)
  • The Infamous Ratsos (The Infamous Ratsos, #1)
  • Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #1)
  • Leroy Ninker Saddles Up
  • Fergus and Zeke
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse
Aaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for which he won an

The Bad Guys (10 books)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 1
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 2: Mission Unpluckable
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 4: Attack of the Zittens
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 5: Intergalactic Gas
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 6: Alien vs Bad Guys
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 7: Do-You-Think-He-Saurus?!
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 9: The Big Bad Wolf
  • The Bad Guys in the Baddest Day Ever (The Bad Guys #10)