Start by marking “A Flair for Chardonnay (Sadie Kramer Flair, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Flair for Chardonnay (Sadie Kramer Flair, #1)

(Sadie Kramer Flair #1)

When flamboyant senior sleuth Sadie Kramer learns the owner of Cioccolato, her favorite chocolate shop, is in trouble, she heads for the California wine country with a tote-bagged Yorkie and a slew of questions. The fourth generation Tremiato Winery promises answers, but not before a dead body turns up at the vintners’ scheduled Harvest Festival.

All four Tremiato siblings
Paperback, First, 188 pages
Published May 13th 2016 by Cranberry Cove Press

To ask other readers questions about A Flair for Chardonnay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Flair for Chardonnay

JoAn
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Flair for Chardonnay by Deborah Garner was an interesting afternoon read for me. The smoothly paced plot with Ms. Garner's descriptive writing introduced Sadie quite well. I found Sadie to be an interesting character who enjoys life and loves to solve mysteries.
Kathleen Kelly
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Mystery With Flair! A Flair for Chardonnay is the first book in a series that features Sadie Kramer and her sidekick, Coco, a little dog, a Yorkie, who she carries in a little tote bag and is a faithful companion and a very well-behaved one at that. Sadie owns a boutique in San Francisco, right next door to Mateo who is a chocolatier. Sadie does love her chocolates and is not ashamed to admit it. She also has a flair for putting together outfits for her customers of her shop Flair, named for h ...more
Laura Reading
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sadie Kramer believes life should be lived with "FLAIR" -- for style, adventure, for interesting and extravagant flavors, especially specialty chocolates.
She has four "C's" to live by and a very special personal fifth "C," Coco, her secret tote bag companion. It is the curiosity "C" that draws Sadie into this present predicament. Responding uninvited to an aggitated, overheard, phone conversation she heads off for an upscale community centered on vineyards and family dynamics overwhelmingly comp
April Wilson
This was a fun start to a cute cozy series! It was pretty straightforward and I figured out the murderer, but Sadie and her dog, Coco, are fun to "watch". Sadie has a flair for life and is addicted to chocolate so having her clothing shop located next door to a gourmet chocolate shop is a perfect choice for this energetic senior. The owner of the chocolate shop, Matteo, finds his family and himself in a bit of hot water when someone is found murdered at the family winery. Sadie takes it upon her ...more
Holly Kailani
The author thanks her editor for exceptional editing. I disagree

To begin with, the “victim” seemed totally random, with no reason to connect with him. Then there were the endless and quickly boring details about how many and what kind of chocolates Sadie ate. Then she sneaks her dog into totally inappropriate places, like the wine tasting room. Add in a dysfunctional winery family, a clothing boutique, a bed and breakfast, and the winery family member’s chocolate store, and the tedious minutiae
Jennifer Robb
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers of cozy mysteries
Recommended to Jennifer by: Amazon
I like the friendship between Matteo and Sadie and that she's willing to go see his family to try to determine what has him upset. I have to admit to understanding the love of chocolate and the love of good food moreso than the love of wine and the fashion flair aspects of the book. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothes and accessories got a bit tedious for me.

It's a wonder Sadie finds time to run her shop--and it's a good thing she has an understanding and capable assistant, because Sadie
Evelyn Grabas
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book very much. Was going to congratulate Ms. Garner for publishing a book without errors (which I RARELY find), but then I came to the part where Detective Hudson handcuffs Nick Perry. It then reads:
Stefano shook free of Detective Hudson and backed off, turning to Sadie. "How did you know?"
Thereby, committing an unforgiveable faux pas - exchanging character's names. And giving a big red mark to Elizabeth Christy, who edited the book.
Fortunately, I found the book enjoyable and surpri
Geoffrey Heath
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Flair for A Good Mystery

Sadie Kramer is a complete hoot! She has a nose for solving a mystery. The book is well-written, without the usual little typographical errors I find in many of these type of books, and the ending came as somewhat of a surprise, although the hints pointing at the guilty party were certainly there once I thought about it in retrospect. Definitely a good read.
marcia mccoy
Just okay

I like the main character, Sadie, although she needed to be "fleshed out" more. I know she's flamboyant in her style and col o r choices, but I learned nothing about her as a person, specifically. All the businesses in the wine country became a little confusing since each had same or very similar words in their names. It wasn't an exciting story that I couldnt put d o wn, but worth reading.
Fiona Martin
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun book! I love the heroine of this book Sadie, and her little Yorkie Coco. She's classy and super clever to be able to work out the intricacies of this puzzling case.
This is a light hearted crime story with many descriptions of her clothes and accessories and the different food, wine and chocolates she eats in the course of the puzzle.
In the end though, Sadie gets her killer and that's all that matters!

Cheryl
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in the series and the first time reading this author. The main character is Sadie who owns a little boutique next door to Matteo . Now Matteo owns a fancy handmade chocolate shop but his family owns a winery. When Sadie hears there is trouble up at the winery she heads up there to see if she can helps and ends up trying to solve a murder. She is quite the characte but she does figure it ou and boy I didn't see that ending. Look forward to more of he adventures.
Beckie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
So dull and uninteresting, couldn’t get past chapter ten. No character development beyond how much chocolate Sadie eats and weak plot development. It is never explained how it is that Sadie is a go-to for solving crimes, let alone why she took it upon herself to invade her friend’s family business. Cozy mysteries are meant to be fun and entertaining, not filled with realism or human drama, but this one falls way short of the mark.
Kat Taylor
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A little nip

What a scrumptious way to solve any mystery, Sadie enjoys food any food and next to it a mystery. An enjoyable mystery with flair to be read at any time of the day or evening,ending with a few recipes at the end of the book. What more could you ask for in a cozey mystery?
Pauline
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wanted a light read; a fun book with which to start my summer. This was it. A good mystery which I didn’t figure out with interesting characters. I could see this series becoming a hallmark mystery series. Living in the Bay Area, so near the Napa wine country, and in the Livermore Valley wine country, I enjoyed the winery setting.
Mary Sue Wysocki
A Fun, not scary, mystery

While mysteries may not usually be considered fun, I found A Flair for Chardonnay to be a light "cozy" book with no blood and gore. I enjoyed Sadie's sleuthing abilities as well as her love of all things chocolate. I will certainly be reading more of Deborah Garners books.
charlene wilbanks
A Flair for Chardonnay

What a book! Delightful. Best book I have read lately. I love a good cozy mystery and this one did not disappoint me. Ah, such Flair. I want to wrap a scarf around my neck and flounce! Give me more Chocolate!
Cheryl Adamkiewicz
A bit disappointed

This story line has definite problems especially in the impossible ending. The characterization is also flat with surface personalities. No depth, no real excitement, and no recommendation.
Karen Zalewski
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun little mystery

A first in a series I am sure I’ll pursue. A fun little read. A few twists a turns along the way, I definitely did not have it figured out. Nice surprise ending.
Donna Engler
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tremiano Family

A winery, a murder and a very smart lady who has to stick with sleuthing it for the sake of her friendship with another businessman. Interesting characters, good plot.
Kimberly Nelson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great summer read!

I enjoyed this book alot. It was engaging and held my attention as it moved from one scene to another. Sadie our sleuth was very likeable and who can not love little Coco her dog! If you are looking for a great read pick this one up!
Anne Turnley
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family business

Sadie is concerned about her friend, Matteo, and his family's wine business. She goes to the winery and meets his mother and siblings. The next day a body is discovered at the winery and Sadie starts investigating.
Lucia Lopez
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing like good chocolate

I really enjoyed this book!! Sadie is a great character and an awesome sleuth. She put the puzzle pieces together and was able to solve the murder. I would definitely recommend this book!! 😀
Laura Doty
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Delicious Mystery

It was a most enjoyable "tidbit" of suspense and "wine country" culture.
Sadie is a kick and Coco is a sweetie.
Fast moving...now I must go and make some cream puffs.
Amanda
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid cozy!

A fun adventure following mature sleuth and fashionista Sadie into wine country to solve a murder. The cast of supporting characters were well fleshed out and made the story come alive. Definitely recommend for fans of cozy mysteries.
Susan Puckett
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instead of being sure who done it, this book keeps you guessing!

The further development of the main character,Sadie, is very enjoyable. Inspirational even.... wish I were more like her! The plot was was complicated enough to make it enjoyable
Joni
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Flair for Chardonnay

As the first book in the Sadie Kramer Flair Series, it does a good job setting up an interesting series. A 3 times divorced lady with a Yorkie for a companion, a passion for flair in all things, has a tendency to get involved in solving murder cases.
Marilyn Burrows
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This designer gets in deeply both with food and wine

She's one of a kind. She's comfortable in her own skin and decidedly a little outrageous. Everyone likes her sweet and caring spirit. Plus, she has a unique way of fitting all the puzzle pieces together delightfully
Karen Fontaine
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Flair for fun!

A fun read. I enjoyed this hugely. I always enjoy books where I learn a little something about an industry. Sadie is a great character, though I think the story ended a little quick.
Clarence A Corter
A Flair for Chardonnay

I enjoyed this book and the character's very descriptive love of food. I'm looking forward to reading more books written by Deborah Garner.
Lynn  Boone
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining! I like the twists so the real killer is a surprise.
  • Full House  (Jake Samson, #3)
  • The Accidental Bachelor
  • Caller 107
  • A Sip of Murder (Japanese Tea Garden Mysteries, #1)
  • Reel to Real: The Video Store Murders
  • Death at the Summit (Target Practice Mysteries #2)
  • Death's Queen (Death's Queen #1)
  • Moving can be Murder (Baby Boomer Mystery, #2)
  • The Only Reason for the London Season (Greenford Waters Legacy #0.5)
  • Steamed (Maid in LA, #1)
  • What Your Childhood Memories Say about You . . . and What You Can Do about It
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • Murder in the Art Gallery (Pet Portraits Mystery, #1)
  • Yellow Ribbon (Dev Haskell - Private Investigator Book 11)
  • A Thousand Faces
  • Just Plain Weird
  • The Blue
  • The Secret of Seaside (Paige Comber Mystery Book 1)
Deborah Garner is an accomplished travel writer with a passion for back roads and secret hideaways. Born and raised in California, she studied in France before returning to the U.S. to attend UCLA. After stints in graduate school and teaching, she attempted to clone herself for decades by founding and running a dance and performing arts center, designing and manufacturing clothing and accessories, ...more

Sadie Kramer Flair (3 books)
  • A Flair for Drama (Sadie Kramer Flair, #2)
  • A Flair for Beignets (Sadie Kramer Flair, #3)
“Sadie hopped in the car, twisting the key in the ignition and checking her makeup in the visor's mirror at the same time. Not enough eye shadow, she mused. Or maybe just a brighter shade... She'd pick up a festive color when she had a chance. “What do you think, Coco?” Sadie reached into the tote bag and pulled out the squirming ball of fluff, holding Coco up against her face so they could look in the mirror together. “C’mon, now, one yip for an exotic color around the eyes, two yips for brighter lipstick.” Instead of yipping an answer, the Yorkie gave Sadie’s cheek a canine kiss. Sadie reciprocated with a pat on the head. “I know, Coco, you love me just as I am. I feel the same way. Besides, I don’t think you’d care for lipstick unless it tasted like peanut butter.” Sadie adjusted the velvet pillow in the tote bag, placed the dog back inside and adjusted the seatbelt harness that held the bag in place. “Let’s go check out this inn of Tina’s. What do you say to that?” She smiled at the immediate yip of approval. It was rare she didn’t gain Coco’s enthusiasm when the word “go” turned up anywhere in a sentence.” 0 likes
“Vines and Tines carried such distinctive and whimsical merchandise that Sadie came close to forgetting the actual purpose of her visit. A sleek, teak table held a setting for an elegant, upscale dinner; a floral arrangement of ivory roses and bursts of dark red berries matched the silk placemats. An ornate silver wine holder encircled a bottle of Tremiato Pinot Noir, the rich color of the wine echoing the deep colors embedded in the centerpiece, almost as if the berries had been infused with the wine itself. Business cards from a local event planner formed a tiny fan on one corner of the table. Instinctively, Sadie leaned forward to smell the flowers, realizing halfway there that her nose was likely to run into silk. To her surprise, the roses were real.” 0 likes