Start by marking “Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)

Lure of Obsession

(Muse Chronicles #1)

This is the first book in the award-winning Muse Chronicles series.

** * **
The Prophecy:
“Every generation the nine daughters of Zeus are reborn, and with their rebirth are also nine Guardians. They will be marked by the gods, and given gifts to protect his treasure. Their abilities will only be unlocked when they find their muse.”
** * **

Melanie Jacoby teaches English at Cry
Published August 1st 2016 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Lure of Obsession, please sign up.
Lisa Kessler Great question! I actually wrote a short story a few years ago called "Unemployed Muses Anonymous" that put the Muses in today's world and each of the…moreGreat question! I actually wrote a short story a few years ago called "Unemployed Muses Anonymous" that put the Muses in today's world and each of their personalities were heavily influenced by their muse...

I've thought about it ever since, and finally got a chance to write the books! :)

Lisa(less)

Start your review of Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
Claire Robinson
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - "The gods were kind to me when they made me your muse..." Stars!

Lisa Kessler is an author who has been on my radar for quite some time, but every release I have seen for her lately has been a book that is part of a long running series, and I am one of those readers who has to start a series from the beginning.

As such when I saw Lure of Obsession was the first book in the authors new Muse Chronicles series, I did a small, but very rhythmic happy dance, at finally being able to see what this
Mary Kirkland
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in the Muse Chronicles series. From the blurb I could tell this would have a little Greek Mythology thrown into this paranormal romance story and I love that kind of story.

Melanie is the holder of the muse for tragic poetry and I didn't understand exactly what that meant for a while but right from the beginning of this story bad things seem to happen around her. Which is how she meets Nate. He's her guardian and he has visions to help protect her.

Melanie and eight other
Lorna
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
(RabidReads.com) I am a fan of Lisa Kessler’s, Moon series and have read and liked all of them. So it was an easy decision to read her latest release which is part of a new series. I must admit, the paranormal element was new to me as far as reading fiction. And that element is from Greek mythology-Muses.

Mel is the Muse of Tragic Poetry, having changed at the age of eighteen. She’s still human, but embodies the Muse. Now she has not only met the other eight Muses, but is in partnership with them
Linda
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
When Mels roommate turns up dead and the police doesn´t believe there´s foul play at work, she doesn´t know who to turn to. As one of the nine Muses, Mel embodies the Muse of Tragedy to the T.
Detective Nate thinks the death is an accident, until he gets a vision touching the door. Is he going mad or is there something greater at work here? When lore turns out to be reborn and real, Nate will have to decide if this is something he can do.
Something big and bad is targeting the Muses, and they ne
Shalini
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, light read with mystery and romance and of course, a killer on the loose wanting to kill the muses so that inspiration was snuffed out forever from mankind. The book combined Greek mythology along with a modern day murder.

Muses were the daughters of Zeus born in every generation to inspire humanity for progress and invention. They were protected by the Guardians. The bad guys from team Kronos wanted to free up the Titans from the centre if the earth. The muses presence would pre
Kahea
***3.5 stars***

The premise of the book woke up my inner closet Greek mythology nerdgirl. I mean who doesn’t love the Greek gods and all of the stories about how they meddled and manipulated not only each other lives but those of the human’s who worshipped them? So, a story about the Muses being reborn and hunted by a fanatical group who believe that releasing the Titan’s is a good idea is definitely up my alley. And while I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to getting to know the rest of t
Margaret
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a way to start a new series! It’s no secret I’m a big Lisa Kessler fan, and this book has everything I have come to love about her writing – great characters, lots of emotions, great writing, and a story that pulls you in and makes you want to be a part of it. And I just love the premise of the series – focusing on the Muses and the mythology behind them.

Nate doesn’t do relationships, but when he meets Mel all of his protective instincts kick in. When he begins having visions about the murd
Shayay
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to love reading this series! I love the premise of muses being reborn and having guardians! And of course, some type of evil out to get them! So much fun and romance!

Melanie is the first muse's story we get, Melanie is the Muse of Tragic Poetry, and her roommate, who was also a muse, has died. Melanie and the other muses suspect foul play, but the police say it was accidental. Nate Malone is the detective on the scene, and when he meets Melanie strange things begin to change for him. M
Elaine
Take Greek mythology, add a modern take, have murder, mystery and a handsome, protective Guardian and Lisa Kessler has the perfect recipe for another riveting series! There are nine Muses who have had dreams that led them to an old dilapidated theatre and each other.

One of them is Melanie Jacoby, and English teacher who is the reborn muse of tragic poetry. On returning home one evening she is shocked to find it in darkness. She shares her home with Nia, the Muse of Astronomy, who always has lig
Jéssica
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, favorites
As you all by know by now, I love paranormal romances and although this one is the first book by Lisa Kessler that I read, I really need to read more of her books in the future because I loved this one.

This is the first book in a series that can be read as a standalone. It was an amazing start of a series and after reading it, I'm very curious to know more about this series and what next will happen in this world.

This novel follows Melanie and Nate in this romance that takes us right alongside t
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Start with some Greek Mythology (Muses, Titans, Guardians), add in some beautiful woman in modern times, an evil group trying to put an end to enlightenment, a cute kid, a hot police officer with some flaws and some steamy romance and you get an enjoyable story which just happens to be the first book in the Muse Chronicles.

When nine woman all start having the same dream about a dilapidated theatre, they all end up in Crystal City. They have the spirit of the Nine Muses inside them. When a group,
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
The title fits perfectly because with the first words you are lured into this book and by the end you have become obsessed with this series! Or at least that is how it happened for me. I have been interested in reading this book and this series for a while and was so very not disappointed!

The whole concept of the rebirth of the nine Muses and how they are meant to inspire each new generation of humanity to move forward is fascinating and excellent for a mythological based romance, especially whe
AnnMarie
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lure of Obsession is the first book in the Muse Chronicles by Lisa Kessler.

THE PROPHECY - "Every generation the nine daughters of Zeus are reborn, and with their rebirth are also nine Guardians. They will be marked by the gods and given gifts to protect his treasure. Their abilities will only be unlocked when they find their muse."

In this first book of the series, we are introduced to the 'muses'. We also learn who their enemy is and the reason that they want to wipe the muses out.

Mel is the Mu
Sandee
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
A lovely romance that involves the nine muses reborn into each generation and the Titan worshipers who want to stop them. The idea is more interesting than the execution. However, it is a sweet romance.
Somia
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Free on amazon 9th July 2019
Lyndi W.
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: wtf, 1-star
Super spoilery review because you definitely should not waste your time reading this.

Any romance novel that has a half naked man on the cover is an adult book - can we all agree on that? I think so. This felt more like YA at times (crazy angst), bordering every now and then on NA (lots of sex), but very rarely did it feel Adult (the sex was always gently worded). There was actually an "I mean, I like like you." moment.

So I like the basic idea of the plot - the nine muses are reborn over and over
Lisa
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! I love paranormal romance, and I’ve enjoyed mythology since I was a kid. When I read the description for this book, I knew I had to read it. And I literally tore through the book in less than a day. I was immediately drawn into the story and could not put it down. Melanie, the Muse of Tragic Poetry, is dealt a shocking blow (along with her fellow Muses) when she finds her roommate/sister muse dead. Detective Nate Malone is assigned to work this case, and together they learn ...more
Elaine

Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mel and her muse sisters are working to restore an old theater. A dark and mysterious group seemingly appears out of nowhere and threatens their project and their lives. Enter Nate, the main male character in the book. Nate is a good guy who had a rough childhood and therefore a hard time letting others in. Mel and Nate share undeniable chemistry and are pushed together for survival in a suspenseful setting with a sinister villain.

The book was well-paced and kept me guessing. I enjoyed the Greek
Heather andrews
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Nate can ask for help at times, “yeah.” He slid free from her and sat up. “I’m sorry. Dammit. I’ve never forgotten before.” He looked over at her. “What do we do?” Her big, strong police detective was asking her what to do." I loved Nate he was protective as hell, and he could be sensitive.
Jan Murphree
Awesome!!!

Great story!! I can't wait to read about all the muses!!
There mates....and there HEA....its awesome!!
Mystery ...suspense...love... What more could you want.
Buy it read it!!! You will love it!!!
Can't wait for book 2!
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
This is my first time reading Lisa Kessler, and it made me eager to read more of her work. Lure of Obsession is the first book in the Muse Chronicles and I consider it a great start to the series.What the story is aboutLure of Obsession tells the story of Melanie Jacoby and Detective Nate Malone. Melanie a high school English teacher is the reborn muse of tragic poetry. She sees the tragic side of things, but the one tragedy she was not prepared for was finding her roommate and fellow Muse dead ...more
Dakota
I liked the idea of the muses reborn to inspire humankind. The story was ok, a cute but a bit easy to put down. A good start to the series though. Will look for the second book
Elizabeth Neal
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very unique premise: Each generation, nine women are chosen to embody the Greek muses, the daughters of Zeus. It is their destiny to inspire mankind in certain areas.

Melanie, aka Mel, is content. She has a job she loves and she's starting a company, a theater,  with her closest friends. But that changes the day she comes home and finds her friend and roommate, Nia, dead. When she calls the police, things change even more because only would the Muse of Tragic Poetry, the woman destined to struggl
RoloPoloBookBlog
Lure of Obsession by Lisa Kressler
Book #1: The Muse Chronicles
Source: Netgalley
My Rating: 4½/5 stars
My Review:

Nate Malone is a damn fine detective and is absolutely certain the beautiful woman at the bottom of the stairs died from an accidental fall. His certainty fades when he meets the woman’s roommate, Melanie Jacoby and has the oddest mental image of a decidedly different kind of death. Since visions don’t actually count as evidence, Nate decides he’s either going crazy or the vision is rea
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Lisa Kessler is definitely an author to read. Lure of Obsession, the first book in her Muse Chronicles has everything from friendship and love to suspense and mystery. The story sets up what promises to be an incredible series.

Melanie Jacoby is a high school English teacher. She’s a human, chosen by the Gods to be one of the nine daughters of Zeus, reborn to inspire mankind to move forward with inventions, music, and science. The nine chosen daughters have various backgrounds and are from all ac
Meghan Lloyd
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was a quick read filed with romance and suspense, and the relationship between Mel and Nate was heartwarming. I finished it with a huge smile on my face.

Melanie Jacoby is a Muse, or rather, the incarnation of a Muse - the Muse of Tragic Poetry. She and her eight "sisters", who are also Muses, are attempting to restore a theater that will bring inspiration to the community. Everything and everyone is put in danger, however, when one of their sisters, the Muse of Astronomy, i
Christine Galletly
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"I thought that this story was very well written and it had me hooked from the beginning to the end.

I loved every page and found the story really addictive, there was plenty of action throughout the story and I thought that the characters were well developed and their action was excellent, I really warmed to Mel and Nate from the beginning. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

No hesitation in giving this one 5 stars - I really enjo
Denise Van plew
I have read this author before so I was quite eager to enter into this one being it was promising to be a little different than what she usually writes. From the very beginning it sure would seem so and that was how this author got me to hanker down because I would thing just one more page then I will ....getting anything done is now in the wind because I am in more than knee deep in a refreshing storyline with that alone being a gem. This is also the first in a series with I don't mind that as ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rogue (Northern Wolves, #2)
  • January in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #1)
  • The Demigod Complex (Brimstone Inc., #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • The Protector: Mac (Cover Six Security, #1)
  • You've Got Tail (Peculiar Mysteries, #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Reclaimed by Her Rebel Knight
  • Lion in Waiting (Tales of the Were: Grizzly Cove Book 15)
  • Kate's Crew (Powertools, #1)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Werewolves of New York, Book 1: Nathaniel
  • Broken Mate (Project Rebellion #4)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • Breaking and Entering 101 (The Case Files of Henri Davenforth, #4)
  • Perfect Chaos (Unyielding, #1)
  • Cabin 1 (Steele Shadows Security #1)
  • Going Deep (Fire & Ice Romance #1)
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)
  • Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
  • Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)

News & Interviews

“He took the spatula and smiled, and she headed for the bedroom, only stopping once to see if he was watching her ass wiggle under his shirt.

He chuckled. “I’d have to be dead not to look.”

“I’m glad to see you’re in good health.” She grinned.”
33 likes
“He raised a brow at another abrupt change in the conversation. “Are you disappointed I couldn’t dodge a couple bullets?”

A real smile teased her lips as she lowered her coffee mug. “On the contrary, I’m a sucker for a guy with scars, so for your protection, we should probably stick to the case.”
31 likes