Start by marking “Mosaic (Reliquary, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mosaic (Reliquary, #3)

Mosaic (Reliquary #3)

Mattie Carver never thought she’d give up her small-town life to become one half of the best magic-smuggling duo in the business. Until recently, she didn’t even know such a business existed. But as an unusually strong reliquary—able to carry vast quantities of magic in her body, undetected—she’s been pulled into an underworld of organized crime and addictive enchantments. ...more
Published November 15th 2016 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about Mosaic, please sign up.

sarah Denise Jackson Antuñano This is what she wrote:
This is what she wrote:
"Currently there are three books slated for release (Reliquary on June 14th, Splinter on August 2nd, and Mosaic on November 15th), but I do not consider that the end of the story. I'll keep everyone posted on future plans for this series"(less)

Alyssa
Jul 18, 2016 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
Crippling ending, but the book in general is REALLY good. The best of the series.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Mosaic by Sarah Fine
Book Three of the Reliquary series
Publisher: 47North
Publication Date: November 15, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Anne
Nov 19, 2016 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to revise my review of Mosaic.
I thought this was the end of the series, and the ending (for me) was a terrible end to the series.

However, the author has said that she doesn't consider this to be the end.
So hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, she will be writing the next book SOON (please, please, please!!!).

As a cliffhanger, this ending was outstanding.

Erin Arkin
Sep 29, 2016 Erin Arkin rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, magic
I refuse to believe that that is the end of the series. I'm going to need more...that is all.

11/5/16
Mosaic is the third book in the Reliquary series by Sarah Fine. If you haven’t read books one and two yet, don’t dive into this review yet. Go get the series and read all of it. Then come back so we can discuss all the feelings. I am going to try really hard not to spoil anything but be warned!

If you recall, Mattie had made the decision to keep their relationship professional but Asa hasn’t made i
Beth
Mosaic is a dark and sinister romp through the magical world of Sarah Fine’s imagination.

The story told from Mattie Carver’s view as she battles to survive the magical world she has unwilling become immersed in. I had a difficult time understanding Mattie’s choices. On one hand, she vacillates often and her choices are rather young and immature but then she does something extremely mature making it difficult to reconcile the two opposing personalities.

Mattie finally decides who she loves only to
Alexandra
Sep 25, 2016 Alexandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I received an e-ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I consider myself to be one of the top fans of Sarah's writing. I've read all the books, have raved about them not being so known to the reading public but this book had me sit back after finishing it and wonder: "Why? Why did she do this?"

In Mosaic we follow Asa and Mattie as they make their own road, following relics and swapping magic between items. When a horrible event causes Asa to be separated from Mattie, she will do eve
B.A.  Wilson
Feb 26, 2017 B.A. Wilson rated it really liked it
This is not the last book in the series. I don't accept that is the case, based on the ending. If it is, then my rating should lose a star.

However, despite Fine's penchant for trilogies, I don't think she's done with this series, which makes the end of book 3 completely logical and understandable. Fine has a way of ending series that is complete and satisfying, so I think perhaps this series needs 1 or 2 more books, as we don't seem to have come to the end of the Mattie's story.

I remain hopefu
Tiffany
This series gets better with every installment. I loved the intricate web of magic bosses and mafia styled empires in this book. This world just builds and builds!

Please please please continue and don't let this be the end!
Lillian
I received an eARC of this book from Netgalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of this review.

I am so sad writing this review. Sarah Fine is one of my favorite authors. I fell in love with her Guards of the Shadowland series and have been hooked on her writing ever since. But Mosaic was not at all what I was expecting. It didn’t really follow the first two books of the Reliquary series. In fact, I loved Reliquary and Splinter so I was really excited for the series con
Krista
Nov 16, 2016 Krista rated it it was ok
What did I actually just read? Upon finishing Mosaic, I wondered if perhaps there had been a book published between it and Splinter since there were so many gaps in the storytelling. Characters who were missing came forward; characters who were enemies were suddenly working together. Initially I thought that the author would have fun with the timeline and reveal what had happened through flashbacks, but sadly that was not the case.

The relationship between Mattie and Asa was unsatisfactory, but
Shelley
*Source* NetGalley
*Genre* Paranormal Romance
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

Mosaic is the third installment in Sarah Fine's Reliquary series. The story moves ahead in time months after the ending of Splinter. Having put her small town life, her family, her job, and her ex-fiance behind her, Mattie Carver, reliquary extraordinaire, has hit the road with Asa Ward. They have traveled all over the globe searching for ways to make their fortunes. As the story picks up, Mattie and Asa are after a relic stu
Suki Latuske
Nov 16, 2016 Suki Latuske rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant series

I really like the two main characters and the story is brilliant. Fast-paced and totally had me hooked. I couldn't put it down...I anxiously hope there is another instalment as there is still more for Asa and Mattie surely?! Sarah Fine you have done a brilliant job with this series, each one a page turner. Thanks for the wonderful stories, please keep them coming.
Jaymie
Mar 03, 2017 Jaymie rated it liked it
Well of the three I enjoyed this one the most. Much more interesting story, I actually wish this was the first book. The romance part is still a little much but Matties character is less whiney and therefore more entertaining to read about. ::SPOILERS:: Theresa is probably my favourite character next to Jack in this book, and I'm glad wet got to meet her and find out who Asa's parents are. I still feel like this series is a bit disorganized. This absolutely should have been the first book. It ma ...more
Jorja
Jun 15, 2017 Jorja rated it liked it
Brittney McLaughlin
What in the actual hell..?

I sure hope there's another book to explain this ending because I, for one, an immensely disappointed. Usually Sarah is my girl, but even before the ending this book lacked the punch her other books held. I'm just frustrated and angry and confused and I suppose that was her intent, but it doesn't make it any easier to come to grips with that ending.

Here's my two frustrated stars, and hoping there's another book to remedy this...
Alex
Dec 07, 2016 Alex rated it liked it
3.5*

Mattie and Asa. Their story will tear your heart to pieces and leave you thinking about it for days.

I will not be able to deal if this is the last book!! There are so many things left to explore, Mattie's story has barely begun it would seem! It has been so long since I have been so invested in a series. If not for the unresolved ending to this book my rating would have been 4+ stars. Please, for my sanity, tell me there is more Asa to come!
Janine
Dec 16, 2016 Janine rated it really liked it
Hmmmm.... I love you Sarah, but really??? Say it ain't so! There's a book 4, right? RIGHT??? This installment of Reliquary moves along at light speed, taking a few unexpected (some down-right shocking) twists and turns here and there. We get to see Mattie's character develop and grow, but Asa... Oh Asa. Dammit, Sarah. (LOL)
Kristi M
Dec 07, 2016 Kristi M rated it it was amazing
Stunning conclusion to the series. But I neeeed more Asa. This can't be the end! What a journey Mattie takes during Mosaic. Not only traveling the world but learning to stand in her own and becoming a strong, independent woman. I hope someday Sarah Fine will take pity on us and we can catch up with these two again. Fantastic series!
Heidi
Nov 10, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it
Three stars: Another action packed adventure, but there is little romance and it has an open ending.

Mattie and Asa have traveled the globe, smuggling magic and doing business. During that time, they have become friends and business partners, but nothing more. Mattie is too afraid to trust Asa with her heart, and Asa is damaged and has too many issues to openly love and trust someone. When things get dicey during a mission, Mattie and Asa agree that they will figure it out once they are safe. Un
Hollis
I feel like I was completely unprepared, in a lot of different ways, for this series right from the very beginning. And after that ending..

There's only one series I haven't yet read by Fine (though I plan to) and I have loved everything I've experienced so far. The characters, the worlds, the emotional depths she so expertly navigates.. and the Reliquary series was no different. It had all that and more. Which makes that ending both so hard to take and yet totally understandable.

MOSAIC opens up
Sonja
Nov 03, 2016 Sonja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
First, I just have to say I hate that cover. It would be great, except for the way the couple is drawn. They just look horrible.

With the way this ended I was so tempted to knock my rating down a star, I was so ticked off. I almost feel incredibly cheated with it. Especially with everything that happens in this book. Unless we get another one (even though I'm pretty sure this is only a trilogy) this is going to bug me every time I think about this series.

Aside from that end, this was actually a r
Jamie Ryan
Oct 25, 2016 Jamie Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Denise
Mar 25, 2017 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in Goodreads giveaway.

I enjoyed the story and found myself routing for Mattie and I thought Asa should have had his name changed Ass at the end of the book. (view spoiler) There are a lot of books out there featuring magic and magic users, but the author has been able to put an ori
Ashlee H
Jun 21, 2017 Ashlee H rated it it was amazing
The ending to this book just destroyed me and I sincerely hope that Sarah Fine chooses to extend this series in the near future. Please???? The graphic novel reviews do no ease my anxiety about this series being completed down that path.

This series just continued to get better and better. Although I wasn't much of a fan of Mattie and some of her lack of action in the second book, she redeemed herself to me in this one.

Sarah Fine is amazing at creating worlds that intrigue readers and does an ex
Lynndell
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.
Thanks to NetGalley and 47 North for the opportunity to read and review Mosaic by Sarah Fine; the last book in the Reliquary trilogy. Asa and Mattie travel around the world together. Asa is captured and Mattie spends her time frantically trying to figure out how to get him back. Mattie discovers a lot about Asa and his family as she searches for him. This new adult story is like a maze of uncertainty and heartbreak with an ambiguous e
Laurie
Jun 25, 2017 Laurie rated it it was amazing
I am completely wrecked by this one... I'm still giving it 5 stars because I loved it up until it destroyed me... I'm also still holding out hope that this cannot possibly be the end of the series and the rest are going to repair the damage this one has done. I think it takes an amazing author to destroy me this thoroughly. I'm an emotional basketcase - please write another (or 5?!)
Cambear
Nov 20, 2016 Cambear rated it really liked it
No, this isn't the end, right?

MOSAIC is another dark and heart-wrenching chapter in this thrilling roller coaster. We finally get more backstory on Asa, but the ending definitely leaves the door open for more books in the sexy and mysterious series.

Deb Zelaya
Jul 13, 2017 Deb Zelaya rated it liked it
The book was good, but the ending was just heartbreaking. It's one of the reasons why I have it 3 stars to be honest. This book does grab your attention, but there are a lot more characters introduced that can make it confusing a little.
cathy
May 04, 2017 cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put the story down.

I think the conflict and revolution was excellent. Ms. Fine also did great on introducing the gun and using the gun. What I mean is she did not have loose ends in this story. The 3 books are left open ended and I look forward to reading more.
Ann Gonzalez
Slow beginning and bad ending

The plot seems repetitive from previous two books. I find it hard to keep interested. The ending was unexpected but in a bad way.
Janice Stinnett
May 06, 2017 Janice Stinnett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

The book was great the entire series kept me glued to the page. I read all three books in two days. The ending made me sad but I'm hoping for a fourth book
When I'm not writing, I'm psychologizing (really, I even get a paycheck for it). Sometimes I do both at the same time. The results are unpredictable.

To receive updates on new releases, sales, and bonus material, go to http://sarahfinebooks.com/ and click at the top of the page to sign up for the newsletter.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SarahFineBooks/

Instagram: Sarah.e.fine

More about Sarah Fine...

Reliquary (3 books)
  • Reliquary (Reliquary, #1)
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)

“Need is a funny thing. Sometimes it’s just a hum in the background. Sometimes it grows like ivy, patient but relentless, sliding tiny tendrils into your mortar and crumbling your walls. Sometimes it rises hard and fast, breathtaking in its urgency. Sometimes” 0 likes