Start by marking “Apex Magazine Issue 84” as Want to Read:
Apex Magazine Issue 84

Apex Magazine Issue 84

(Apex Magazine #84)

Apex Magazine is a monthly science fiction, fantasy, and horror magazine featuring original, mind-bending short fiction from many of the top pros of the field. New issues are released on the first Tuesday of every month.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Editorial
Words from the Editor-in-Chief—Jason Sizemore

Fiction
1957 — Stephen Cox
Cottage Country — David K. Yeh
The Behemoth Beaches —
Published April 29th 2016 by Apex Publications

To ask other readers questions about Apex Magazine Issue 84, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apex Magazine Issue 84

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for "Cottage Country," my favorite short story in this issue, which you can read online at http://www.apex-magazine.com/cottage-.... Review first posted on www.FantasyLiterature.com.

Pete, a solitary man who prefers to live mostly off the grid, buys four hundred acres of land in northern Ontario with his inheritance from his grandfather, and builds a cabin where he lives with his rescue dog, Jackson. One winter day, Pete is out exploring his land when Jackson disappears. Pete soon find
karen
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to karen by: Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
this rating is only for Cottage Country by david k. yeh, which is the only thing i'm planning on reading from this, and which was wonderful.

review to come.

read it for yourself here:

Jess ❈Harbinger of Blood-Soaked Rainbows❈
This rating is only for the short story "Cottage Country" written by David K. Yeh which you can read for free here:

And I'd also like to thank the fabulous Tadiana and the lovely karen for pointing me in the direction of this little gem of a short story (click the links to read their excellent reviews).

David K. Yeh is a man who can write atmosphere. Man can he spin an eerie tale. Every single detail is written not only beautifully, but also delicately, as i
Rachel (Kalanadi)
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magazines
Enjoyed "Cottage Country" and "The Drowned Celestial" quite a bit. Both were slower, quiet stories, and Tidhar's could easily have been in the Central Station world? Or similar.
Patrick Hurley
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
"The Drowned Celestial" by Lavie Tidhar was a little overlong and boring at times, but everything else in this issue was tight and fun. "1957" by Stephen Cox was subtly creepy though was too deliberately ambiguous to execute the landing. "Cottage Country" by David Yeh was my favorite, closely followed by "The Behemoth Beaches" by Maggie Slater. All the poetry was quite nice.
Mariano
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've read "1957", "Cottage Country" and "The Behemoth Beaches" from this issue (so much to read and so little time so I tend to read only the weird stuff and the poetry). I enjoyed all of them.
Nicole Fuschetti
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Issue

This was another stand out issue by Apex. I have to say that the poetry was amazing. The Perfect Planet by Christina Sng was absolutely gorgeous. I could read it over and over again. The short fiction was also wonderful. 1957 by Stephen Cox made my head spin (in a good way). It is definitely a story that deserves multiple rereads. The interview with Stephen Cox was great to read. I loved it. This issue overall was really great. Looking forward to next month's!
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it

Jun 07, 2016
Kelly
Jul 10, 2016
Jason Sizemore
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: apex-magazine
Feb 26, 2018
Zan
Apr 05, 2018
Russell Dickerson
Apr 08, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-writing
Michael Joseph Schumann
Aug 02, 2018
I was born the son of an unemployed coal miner in a tiny Kentucky Appalachian villa named Big Creek (population 400). It’s an isolated area with beautiful rolling hills, thick forests, and country folk. I lived in Big Creek until I went to college, spending my weekends cruising the Winn Dixie parking lot of ladies, partying in my cousin’s run-down three room trailer, and being a member of the bad- ...more

Apex Magazine (1 - 10 of 118 books)
  • Apex Magazine Issue 39
  • Apex Magazine Issue 85 (June 2016)
  • Apex Magazine Issue 92
  • Apex Magazine Issue 80
  • Apex Magazine Issue 50
  • Apex Magazine Issue 56 (January 2014)
  • Apex Magazine Issue 68