Start by marking “Invincible Living: The Power of Yoga, The Energy of Breath, and Other Tools for a Radiant Life” as Want to Read:

From acclaimed yoga teacher Guru Jagat comes a wildly cool, practical, and beautifully illustrated guide to applying the simple and super-effective technology of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation to everyday life, upgrading your "operating system" inside and out.

With Invincible Living, Guru Jagat shares a radical way of understanding yoga—not just as something to d
Published January 10th 2017 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Invincible Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible Living

Start your review of Invincible Living: The Power of Yoga, The Energy of Breath, and Other Tools for a Radiant Life
Kathy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this mainly for the meditation sets and must say, that I am quite conflicted in rating this book. I vacillated between "wow" to "this is complete bullshit" while reading this. There were so many times in the beginning of the book where I was just screaming in my head "My god, not without consulting a doctor first." There are some interesting sections to this book, but mainly I will use this as a companion to my Kundalini meditation books to mark specific sets as ones I want to try.
Marjorie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
This is my first experience with Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. Kundalini Yoga is designed to raise complete body awareness. There’s a lot of attention on the spine, the navel and breathing. There’s no need to get into complicated positions and most of the exercises are fairly quick. The meditations are mostly breathing with silent mantras. Even practicing just a few minutes a day is said to bring you much benefit.

I did receive benefit from one I tried. When I was reading this book,
Nadine
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own
Desperately need an editor, preferably with a science background. Full of misinformation. I wish Guru Jagat had stayed in her lane and just included yoga (those parts are great!), rather than trying to make broader claims she clearly didn’t understand.
Donna Nincic
Feb 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
Not something I would normally read, but I had seen a reference online and was intrigued. Apart from the recommendation to use sandalwood oil and yogurt as part of my skincare (from which I have benefitted) this book really didn't work for me. Like too many books of this genre, it is obsessively written for the 20 and 30 somethings. It professes to speak to anti-aging but has made no real effort to bring in anything resembling an authentic lived experience of aging. As such, I found it somewhat ...more
Penny Wright
Sep 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I want to preface this review with a few facts: first, I was employed in the spa and wellness business for years; second, books on wellness and yoga are among my favorites; and third, I'm well versed in New Age believes and practices.

I could not handle this book. I stopped on page 154 because I found myself becoming very frustrated with what Guru Jagat was offering in this book. Despite throwing around the words "Kundalini yoga" on nearly every page, she never actually explains anything about w
Gina
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

You need to know that:
I am a fan of Kundalini Yoga.
I have been on a yoga lifestyle reading jag.

Invincible Living: The Power of Yoga, The Energy of Breath, and Other Tools for a Radiant Life is an amazing book. While I do not think that you have to be a practicioner of Kundalini Yoga to appreciate this book, you do need an open mind about yoga to appreciate this book. This is not your typical gym yoga class that strips away the realms of yoga beyond the physical (asana).

Gur
Sian Lile-Pastore
I liked this a lot - way more substance than similar glossy yoga books and also just pretty to look through. It's all based on kundalini yoga (which I'm not super up on) and there were lots of stuff about yoga (asana) but also relationships, food, meditation and lots more. Slightly too dogmatic for me, but I'll definitely be returning to it.
Ashley Chew
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not sure who this book was intended for. If it was for those familiar with kundalini yoga than there wasn’t a whole lot of actual information. Just a lot of fluffy talk.
If it was intended for beginners then it’s weird that the author never actually stated what kundalini yoga is.
I found this book pretty boring. Not a lot of new or useful information. And it seemed like most of the practices/tools in the book were all the same.
Plus I lost faith in the author early on in the book when she sugges
Alissa
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
How the heck can a book be about a subject, yet never really and clearly define the subject it is written about?!? This one manages just fine. This was my main reason for setting it aside and moving on.

Before deciding this book wasn't what I was looking for (despite it coming highly recommended), I poured over page after page where the author sang the praises of Kundalini Yoga, but I never really learned exactly what Kundalini Yoga IS. (OK, yes, you've stressed repetedly that this wonderful exercise/lifestyl(OK,(despite
Melissa
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this last year and it didn't resonate with me at that time. Reread again recently since my focus of study this year is enlightenment/conscious living. Loved it this time! Could be because I've listened to hours of Guru Jagat and her partner John Wineland on youtube and it made a bit more sense to build and expand on the information I'm soaking in right now. But I've also started a daily personal practice and tried several of the kriyas (listen to me talk all kundalini-like) in the book, a ...more
Kelsey
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I purchased this book a long time ago and only pulled it off the shelf to read now. I think sometimes we wait until we're ready for some things. I loved a lot of the energy behind this book and the practices she shares. Sometimes the writing was a little weird or frustrating; if something had some grammatical errors it would trip me up for a moment, but I believe the author simply cared more about saying what she wanted exactly how she wanted than she did about perfect grammar.

I have been chant
Gabriel Perera
Some useful ideas, but a little long-winded in parts

I'm an Ayurvedic practitioner and long time yogi and I deeply respect the principles of what's presented in this book.

However, I found the style a little rambling and long-winded in parts. Some good takeaways in part and the breathing techniques are carefully set out - possibly worth including links to YouTube or Vimeo demonstrations from the eBook format?
Lkking
Jun 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Enjoyed this book and found it full of practical advice and ways to incorporate yoga practice into busy lives. That said, would have really liked a glossary to define terms (am still not exactly sure what kundalini yoga is) and an index in order to reference the different exercises. Still have mixed feelings about the book - certainly thought provoking but am not sure about the enlightenment part.
Jessica M
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I am intrigued by Kundalini yoga and found a lot of great asana and meditations listed in this book. Guru Jagat is not a great writer, however, and I wish the tone had been a little more calm/serious (she used the word 'literally' a few too many times). But still worth reading if you are into or looking to get into Kundalini yoga!
Teri
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful book. A must read. For Yogis & wanna be yogis......I have been wanting to do yoga for some time and this explains alot & clarifies the beautiful path to opening your mind & body to the experience. Thank u to the author for publishing this beautiful book.....
Yvonne Anderson
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
This will be a book I return to again and again as I practice and learn the kundalini poses.
The wisdom contained in the pages was a lovely reminder of what I knew in my heart and what I need more of in my life x
Becky Vallejo
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much information in this book!
Daniella
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some incredible nuggets that needed some more organization and editing
Gregory Segas
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Guru Jagat is a great teacher. In this book, she lays out different ways to build our own path for a self-disciplined spiritual growth.
Elizabeth Drake
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, illustrated, breaks Kundalini down into manageable bites, explaining the science behind the practices. Good read for beginners.
Sunny
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome
Love this woman!!
Jeremy Cunningham
Great

I enjoyed this book and learned a lot from it. I will use these practices every day from now on.
Sofia
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like 3.5 stars. I don't buy every detail of the book (I'm a stickler for well-cited sources) but overall there is tons of useful information here and the book itself is beautiful.
Allie
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guru Jagat is a Revolutionary.

I loved everything about this book, and highly recommend it. More later.
Courtney
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been diving deeper into a certain type of yoga called kundalini — Guru Jagat has one of the more “millennial appealing” personalities if you know what I mean. Kundalini is all about the breath and moving energy around in your body. She offers so many great kriyas (or exercises) to incorporate in your daily practice as well as suggestions on diet, stress and more. I rented this one through the library and will most likely purchase.

Verdict: If you don’t like the woowoo side of yog
Jen
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love reading about the theory behind different types of yoga.
Kurtis Koogle
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Focus, peace, radiance. All can be yours if you read this book.
Tammy
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this guide Guru Jagat makes the Kundalini system accessible. Those interested in such things will like this a lot. I did.
Browyn
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has loads of practical information on kundalini. However, it is definitely not a step by step. Not knowing anything about kundalini, it read very scattered to me. I kept referencing this book and reading more. The more I read, the more it made sense.
I have adopted a few of the meditations and kriyas which are really simple. Im feeling great and plan to add more.
Juliana Blackwell
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read and I love the touch feeling of its pages.

• The Kundalini Yoga Experience: Bringing Body, Mind, and Spirit Together
  • Yoga FAQ: Almost Everything You Need to Know About Yoga-from Asanas to Yamas
  • The Heart and Science of Yoga: The American Meditation Institute's Empowering Self-Care Program for a Happy, Healthy, Joyful Life
  • Meditation: An In-Depth Guide
  • Perfectly Imperfect: The Art and Soul of Yoga Practice
  • Do Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern Life
  • The Joy of Yoga: Fifty Sequences for Your Home and Studio Practice
  • How Would Buddha Think?: 1,501 Right-Intention Teachings for Cultivating a Peaceful Mind
  • Medication Madness: True Stories of Mayhem, Murder & Suicide Caused by Psychiatric Drugs
  • Asanas: 608 Yoga Postures
  • The Yogi Assignment: A 30-Day Program for Bringing Yoga Practice and Wisdom to Your Everyday Life
  • Coming Home to the Pleistocene
  • Whole Detox: A 21-Day Personalized Program to Break Through Barriers in Every Area of Your Life
  • The Great Oom: The Improbable Birth of Yoga in America
  • Pharmageddon
  • The Tapping Solution for Manifesting Your Greatest Self: 21 Days to Releasing Self-Doubt, Cultivating Inner Peace, and Creating a Life You Love
  • The Completion Process: The Practice of Putting Yourself Back Together Again
  • Wanderlust: A Modern Yogi's Guide to Discovering Your Best Self
Guru Jagat is the youngest senior Kundalini Yoga teacher in the world and the face of the new Kundalini movement. She is the founder of RA MA Institute for Applied Yogic Science and Technology, a premiere Yogic institute with locations in Venice, California and Palma de Mallorca, Spain. Guru Jagat’s other entrepreneurial pursuits include RA MA TV, the “Netflix” of Kundalini Yoga, and her record la ...more
“Sometimes, even with the most precise intuition, you don’t know what life is going to throw at you. Or you could see it coming and still not be able to stave it off. That is life and part of the cycles of experience. It’s not always going to be easy or fun. But with a sacred outlook, you are training yourself to be a true practitioner of human wisdom and dignity in every moment of your life.” 0 likes