Start by marking “Red on the Run” as Want to Read:
Red on the Run

Red on the Run

(The Syndicate-Born Trilogy #1)

...Because sometimes all you can do is run. [Previously Self-Published by Author as "Seasons"] Evolved Publishing presents the first book (second edition) in The Syndicate-Born Trilogy, an exploration of what happens when one well-placed group possesses too much power, and it affects those who just get in its way. In search of redemption from his sordid past, FBI Special A ...more
Published April 20th 2016 by Evolved Publishing (first published March 20th 2015)

Coco.V
Oct 19, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/19/2017)!
Kate-Beth Heywood
A fantastic, fast-paced thriller. Well done to KM Hodge, a brilliant debut. I literally can't wait for the second in the series. The characters were beautifully drawn out and Katherine, Alex, and Doc were all so likeable. I'm curious to know who is going to feature in the second book and if any of this book's characters will reappear. Looking forward to it!
Lex Allen
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Red on the Run,” by K. M. Hodge, is a convoluted story of intrigue, suspense, romance and crime. With a cast of characters representing the FBI, CIA, The Syndicate, the US Congress, Washington D.C. Metro Police and the Witness Protection Program you’ve got one helluva divergent group of people, all with their own agenda and poor Red is caught in the middle.

A common reviewer phrase “I could not put the book down” is often cited to describe an exciting story that creates a sense of unrelenting su
Denise Van plew
This is the first time in reading this author with it being by chance through a newsletter I discovered her. I am so glad I opened that newsletter being that suspense with romance is my one I can devour, this author has become a gem to me. She will innocently lead you in but you will soon be caught up with Alex and Katherine. She will give you the foundation where Alex is concerned and you will also learn of his disorder too. Katherine will have one thing after another happen to her that will co ...more
J. Thomas-Like
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the general premise of the story and my heart broke for the characters who experienced some serious trauma. There was a lot of information throughout the story, as well as a lot of characters to keep track of. Generally, I don't like to read something this complex because I read for pure enjoyment and entertainment. I don't like to "work" when I read. But this book was worth the effort. Hopefully the next book will bring back some characters who definitely need their stories told and t ...more
Jen
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read many books that are debuts by "unknown" authors but this one was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so glad that I decided to give it a shot! An enjoyable read that's full or twists and turns, I can't wait until she's done with the rest of the series to find out where all the characters end up. I would definitely recommend this novel because K.M. Hodge is an author to keep an eye on!
Stephanie
I enjoyed this book very much. Often books like this can be confusing with so many characters but I found this one to be well thought out. It had suspense, and romance and my eyes even watered a few times with some of the more traumatic moments in the story. Hodge captured the friendships and other relationships very well, also. I wanted to be friends with half the people in the book, despite their flaws! I look forward to the next book.
Gail Olmsted
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Domestic abuse and addiction can be pretty tough topics but K.M. Hodge delivers in a debut novel that is fast-paced and very suspenseful. I wanted to keep reading and I enjoyed this novel to the end. Looking forward to future books in the series!!
Yvonne
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!!

This is such a good book! I don't want to come up with 20 words. All you need to know is that you should read this book.
Melissa
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K.M. Hodge does a great job of creating a world of suspense and romance that sucks you in. I couldn't put the book down! I would definitely recommend this book.
Tony Parsons
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2/29/2008, Nin’s Bar Danville, VA. FBI SA Alexander “Alex” Bailey, & FBI SA Katherine Mitchel (twin, Alex’s partner, aka Red) were enjoying a few after hours drinks.
Charles MacAvoy (owner) wanted Nin (Tiny, bouncer) to kick Alex out.
It seems Katherine is his GF.
Was, she just broke up with him.
Pendrell General Hospital. Later Dr. Martin called Jason Knettle (Katherine’s BMF, Danville Press Editor-in-Chief) that they were going to start treatment on her bout with MRSA.

3/31/2008, Key West, Fl
J Young
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
K.M. Hodge has created another spine-tingling thriller!

I really like this series. The action may take an occasional breather but that is only to add some steamy romance.

Alex Bailey is a CIA agent embedded in the FBI to uncover agents with criminal ties. His sexual addiction is manageable with the help of “Doc” Ellie but it lurks, waiting to take control of Alex’s life if he lets his guard down and his new FBI partner, Katherine Mitchel, is testing his control. She is the daughter of a U.S. Marsh
Roberta Franklin
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the most part, “Red on the Run” is exactly what its title promises: a gripping, gritty thriller about a fearless couple of cops fighting a huge crime syndicate, complete with the almost inevitable romance between the two protagonists that develops in a charming but still matter-of-fact way. It’s fascinating to see the police dragnet unfold while more and more high-ranked citizens turn out to be enemies of the state; and special agent Katherine Mitchel and her colleague Alex Bailey don’t let ...more
Gloria DeGeare
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Excellent Crime Thriller that delivers a Thrill Ride

Alex Bailey, working undercover at the FBI, for the CIA, deals with his demons, falls for his beautiful redhead FBI partner, Katherine, while working with both agencies to bring down The Syndicate. Falling for Katherine wasn’t planned, he’d never even got close to falling in love before, but this case puts them all in danger. When Katherine is kidnapped, Alex moves Heaven and Earth to find and protect her himself, even if it costs him his he
Gloria Wenman
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW, what a read, fast moving, full of emotions, on every level. I felt joy, terror, anxiety, sadness and utter shock. Twists and turns, and a couple I just wasn't ready for. I cried so much on and off in this read, especially towards the end. Not expected at all. Its riveting, and well worth a read. I normally read a book within a day or two, but it took longer with this one, as I had to keep walking a way to process the feelings it conjures up.

Can't wait to read bk 2. I dare say Jason, Ellie
Roger
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Red on the Run (The Syndicate-Born Trilogy #1), my first read from author K.M. Morgan I originally got this book back in January of 2017 & one thing lead to another and I never got around to reading it until now. Now I’ve been given an Audible copy of this book & am voluntarily reading & reviewing it and since I own both the Audible & Kindle editions I was able to follow along while being read to. Monique Bagwell’s talented, matter-of-fact narration adds to the well-written book' ...more
Diana
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This emotional suspense brought me to tears. I enjoyed the depth of characters developed throughout this story. The unfolding of the mystery felt well paced, not like other suspense thrillers that go from one action scene to the next. This story, with it's twists and turns, was filled with complicated, and real, relationships. I picked this novel up, not sure what to expect, and ended up loving story and mourning that it's over.
P
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Red on the Run by KM Hodge ***** An incredible and complex read.
This book kept me on edge from the very beginning. It is complicated, full of twists and turns, betrayals and corruption, and includes a very high level crime syndicate with bad guys in both law enforcement and politicians.... It's also a tear jerker with deep love and heartbreak. Parts of this story left me sobbing, so keep the Kleenex close. Disclosure: I am volunteering reviewing an advance reader copy of this book.
Michael
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who Runs the Show?

The novel focuses on the relationship between government and business. Without providing a spoiler, let me just say that I found it quite appropriate for the years following the 2016 election.
Dionne
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read a little different than my usual but definitely have to get the other two and see how the rest plays out,
Jen Mello
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
This book gripped me from page 1!!!! It had twists and turns you never see coming!! I do recommend a box and if Kleenex. The pages evoked a range of emotions from heartbreak to anger to love!
Brenda Sweeting
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, the characters are strong and still loving.
Barb VanderWel
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Alice
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I read it in one sitting. It is a very fast-paced book and you will not want to put it down. If you can get past the profanity, you will be totally intrigued! Now on to book 2!
Jennie Rosenblum
A fast paced story for those who love FBI thrillers with some heat.
Patricia Mccammon
First book by this author. An emotional story about the lives of FBI agents and their friends. The heartaches, the hard work keep your interest.
Goodlittlewitch
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
DISCLOSURE: I was provided an advance reader copy of the Kindle Edition of this book, in exchange for my honest review.

Red on the Run is the first of three books in a series by K.M. Hodge, and her first published book. All of the books in the series involve a shady organization called The Syndicate. They seek power and influence through violence, intimidation, blackmail and other nefarious means. They are NOT. NICE. PEOPLE. Not so unusual, so far.

But then, we meet Alex and Katherine, our protago
Rosemary
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review. I have read only 1 other book by this author and it was written in partnership with another author. That book was a wonderful mystery/love story. When I was given this book to read,I wasn't sure what it was about. Looking at the cover with its prominent color of red jumping out at you,I thought,ok this is going to be a murder mystery type of book,and didn't know if I wanted to read this type since I am hooked on cozies,but I did promise Kel ...more
J.L. Callison
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for an honest review.

Red on the Run was the hardest book I ever wanted to read. This is not because it was not well written, for it was. Red on the Run is not a feel-good, good guy wins and rides off into the sunset story, but is rather a gritty look at the underbelly of law enforcement and the price paid by those who serve us and keep our society whole. With two sons serving in law-enforcement, some of this book hit a little too close to home.

Crime always has a price to be
Olivia Ard
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True rating: 3.5-3.75

When K.M. Hodge asked me to read and review Red on the Run, I jumped at the opportunity to do so. I admire Ms. Hodge's internet presence, and I really enjoyed Walker Texas Wife, the first in the Book Cellar Mysteries co-authored with Melissa Storm.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, which was originally self-published as Seasons. The main characters, Alex and Katherine, are complex, and the heat between them made this book an easy page-turner. It was nice to see character depth a
Goodreads Librari...: Can you merge/combine these two books 2 15 Sep 10, 2016 10:05AM
Seasons has been taken down from Amazon. 3 3 Nov 03, 2015 04:28PM
$0.99 SALE 1 1 Sep 09, 2015 09:19AM
USA Today Bestselling author, KM Hodge is a stay-at-home mom of two energetic little boys and a part time fundraiser for a local food pantry. She enjoys playing board games, reading suspense novels and binge watching Marvel shows on Netflix.

The Syndicate-Born Trilogy (3 books)
  • Black and White Truth (The Syndicate-Born Trilogy #2)
  • True Blue Son (The Syndicate-Born Trilogy, #3)