Start by marking “Playing For Forever (Playing For #3)” as Want to Read:
Playing For Forever (Playing For #3)

Playing For Forever

(Playing For #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  338 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
When our two damaged souls came together, something explosive happened.

Something uncontrollable.

Something undeniable.

Our love was intense, irrational, possessive and consuming. We didn't live or love by socities rules. We made our own, living in our own world.

Slaves to our needs.

We were so wrapped up in each other, so blinded by lust, love and obsession, we couldn't se
512 pages
Published February 22nd 2018

Katerina
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I know why this series is so appealing to me, it's because he works for her. He works so hard for her, that made my heart melt. She's cold and standoffish at times, but they are unbelievably attracted to one another. And she needs him, even if she tries lying to herself. It's raw, baseline erotica - but there is a depth of feeling there with a fast track relationship, where he wants everything from her. I love his jealousy. His insecurities that drive him crazy. I love that he's not her first in ...more
Leonor
Feb 23, 2018 marked it as on-hold
It's hard to believe that I liked book 1 and 2 but I can't continue after 35 pages of both of them being so insecure and annoying. I would think after getting married they would stop being so insecure but nope they're more insecure now.

How many times did I say insecure?? Lol
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Mehhh.... I wanted to like this series. I really did. I kept reading after not loving the first book, which was my first mistake. These characters are so annoying! Mostly Austin, she is just the worst. David treats her like a queen and she is rotten to him. I was hoping for major character growth but got NONE. Yeah these books are HOT and I didn’t hate them or anything. Austin and David were just too much for me.
Lynn Thinking out loud
I was so hyped when I finally saw this come to my Kindle. First of all I loved the first two books. Sadly this one was a little bit of a let down. It droned on and on. It kept repeating things. I loved the fact this couple was toxic. I loved the fact they had a screwed up relationship. But come on enough was enough. Then to top it all off most of the steamy scenes faded to black. Not cool. Not cool at all.
I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.
Book lover
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav-to-read
I can't wait! I just love them more and more each book.
Analia Almonte
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
BEST CONCLUSION EVER!!!

I was so excited to read this book that I devoured and I was not disappointed. Their story and their relationship was very obsessed and had an intensity that was over the top.

The disclaimer was perfect; David was OTT ALPHA MALE and every question that you may have about their past was answered. The author really don’t disappoint and even the story was a little bit slow at the beginning the whole reading was worth it. The relationship was intense, raw and very demanding i
Michelle
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I missed David Taylor the David lol. Not only is this man a freaken God in the sheets, but he also has a heart of good. He loves feirce, hes protective, he's loyal, and he's possessive of what's his. I have to say all those qualities in a man is freaken hot. Austin on the other tended to pissed me off sometimes. I know her past haunts her but David was only putting her first. So ya there were times I wanted to smack her and say look what you have don't screw it up cause of your insecurity ...more
Mackenzie Bibliophile
David Taylor... what can I say. Possessive, Dominant Alpha, Confident, Loving, Sweet, kinda Overbearing and yet everything I want. Between his issues and Austin’s there is a lot that could go wrong between them. And it does at times, nothing about these two is perfect except for the story. They story is perfect. I love reading their struggles and fights because it feels real and fantasy at the same time. This series is so unique to anything I’ve ever read and I don’t think I’ll ever read one lik ...more
~lil maso~
Feb 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the Reader advisory. If you don’t like OTT dominant possessive alpha male, this book is not for you.

I have never read a male character this uber alpha before, Davis is OTT as the warning suggest but you should know as this is the third book.

Austin and David are completely crazy obsessed with each other. He’s so possessive and demanding sometimes it drives her nuts but she comes to crave his intense obsessive behaviors. Lots of hot dirty sex, it has been multiplied by 100 in this book.

This
Girlsmom4
Phyl
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I have been dying hanging out for this book, waiting to see what happens with David and Austin. I loved the first two books and my questions were answered with the epilogue. I have to say I was disappointed it was a lot of sex and barely any story IMO this story could have been a lot shorter.
Lesleigh Kaiser
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book , heck I loved the serious . I couldn't wait til it come out. I was pumped I reread all three with in like a week and a half . I was in love w this series the minute I read the first one , so I knew I would love the last one.. that being said i read some reviews that were listed while I was reading it n was very upset that people would say negative things about it . I didn't let that sway my decision at all , I loved it n JC did amazing with David and Austin . The way they both ...more
Taylor
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"It was filthy. Obscene. And I loved it. I loved everything about my obsessive, possessive man."

David Taylor is BACK y'all! And I couldn't be more excited. You wouldn't think that a stalker would be sexy but let me tell you...he IS. I'm talking top notch sexy. Grant knows what she's doing when it comes to alpha male lead characters. Because let me tell you...there are drool strains on the pages where I was foaming at the mouth.

"I wanted her to want to be with me. I wanted her to want me, like
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Shelves: arcs, blog-tour, series
Fans of Austin and David have waited for the finale in this trilogy for what seems like... well, Forever (yes, pun intended).  But author J.C. Grant definitely poured heart and soul into the final installment and made it worth every day of the wait.

David's obsession with Austin has grown, by leaps and bounds it seems.  He is so over the top.  Austin loves him and loves the attention, most of the time.  But he can be smothering.  Very, very smothering.  There is no way I could stand this much a
Lauren
Playing for forever is the third and final book in the playing for series. This book is the continuation of David and Austin’s story. I read this book in one sitting and wasn’t once bored. I really liked this story. In the past, Austin and David’s love has been intense but in this book, the love between them is the most intense it has ever been. I love that Austin craves David’s behaviour. She even goads him at times to get the reaction from him she craves.
The chemistry between David and Austin
Maddie
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves the OTT alpha!
More like WAITING for forever, amirite? That's what it felt like waiting for this book to come out, but the payoff was worth it, IMO! David is back and he's more OTT than ever.

I'm giving this read a solid 4.5 stars because if you've made it this far (this is the final installment in the Playing For trilogy), you're already familiar with David's insane alpha tendencies and have still decided to continue. Anyone giving this a negative review because of that- this isn't fricking To Kill A Mockingbi
Angela Parker Smith
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was finally glad to read the conclusion of the story. I think I forgot how insecure both were until this final book. The story line is good. It’s a mind F@$$$ read for a strong woman like me to read. No way in heck would I be able to deal!
I enjoy reading material that I could see happening and honestly this made me feel for folks who just might live the way this story unfolded.

I would read again so it’s a 5 star for me.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
God I love these 2! Irrational and possessive to some but to others love and adoration. David and Austin are one of those couples that need each other so much more than others do and it makes them stronger to be together not apart. I absolutely loved this ending to this series and it will go right along with the other 2 as favorite rereads of mine.
Sousetsoso
Apr 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Are you fucking serious?
The insecurity and mistrust is too fucking much
This is not healthy at all
I couldn't enjoy the story at all
I was sooooo fucking frustrated throughout the whole thing
They like to just torture each other, they just wanna get even no matter what
They hurt eachother badly
God i wanna fucking smack them so hard
Austin is a piece of shit too.
Kyle Hakim
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Tracey
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love reading about OTT Alpha Dominant Men who crave one women. This was awesome 3rd book In the series. Love reading watching how passionate book to both main character reactions are with each other. I couldn't put this book down I really enjoyed watching this story unfold.
Belinda Gabourel
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great Finish to this series.
I've been waiting not so patiently for Playing For Forever to release. I needed to see how Austin and David story progressed. They've struggled figuring out each other and being open but you can't deny they're made for each other!
Loved the epilogue!!!
Adriana
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting well over a year for this book to come out and it didn’t disappoint! I absolutely loved this series and I’m actually quite gutted that this is the end of it but I can always re-read it if I’m missing David and Austin. Thank you, J.C. Grant ❤ ...more
Sue Kelly
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with this book and this author. This girl loves a dominant possessive man and this book checked all my boxes for an excellent read. Looking forward to the third book in this series.
Sorhija
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love how OTT like really OTT David is :)))
Melinda
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!
Rachele
I waited forever for this book. This series was awesome and a rollercoaster ride.
Shel
Jun 14, 2016 marked it as to-read
I already know this one is gonna be awesome!!!!!❤❤❤ ...more
June
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
(Maybe 3.5 stars)

I’m not exactly sure what I was expecting when I bought this book. Somewhere I kept a hope that this book would surpass my expectations and somehow be able to incorporate all my wishes for a final book, or what I would assume to be the final book. Unfortunately, that was not the case.
Not to say this book was poorly written per say, though there were multiple occasions where a careless mistake tarnished the story, such as grammar and spelling mistakes.
The plot and the conflic
Noel
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forever.

There was so many ups and downs, in their relationship especially when David started back up playing Baseball and Austin started Acting. They were always trying to protect one another, and also tell each other thing, but really all they ever did was hurt and keep things from eachother.
Their relationship as a whole is so toxic in ways, if you look at it, but if you stop ajd see their pasts and everything they do for eachother you realize just how much they need that to help, support, and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

J.C.Grant was born and raised in Oklahoma City. Currently living in LA with her rescue dogs.
Writes Erotica.
Sexy Alpha Males

Playing For (3 books)
  • Playing for Keeps (Playing For #1)
  • Playing For Love (Playing For #2)