Start by marking “The Essential Sindhi Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Essential Sindhi Cookbook

The Essential Sindhi Cookbook

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The Sindhi community traces its roots to the Harappan civilization and claims a continuity of tradition and lifestyle that is unique in the Indian subcontinent. As the introduction to this book explains, cuisine is an important aspect of this continuity. While Sindhi food has absorbed elements from various other cuisines, especially Mughlai and Punjabi, it has always retai ...more
Published August 4th 2004 by Penguin India

To ask other readers questions about The Essential Sindhi Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Essential Sindhi Cookbook

Jyoti
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It came as a gift and impressed me greatly with its authentic Sindhi cooking. I've grown up watching food cooked in Sindhi ways so liked having many recipes documented in a single resource. Plus, it's brought to me some traditional ways to bake fish that I'm going to try. Like I do with most new cookbooks, this book too has a list of recipe and page references on its last page that I've to remember to try sooner or later.
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this cook book - so few books about Sindh and the culture so such a treat. not only the recipies but all of the descriptions and other facts.
Interesting how so much of my childhood I watched the preparation of these dishes - although I had never remembered the amounts or sometimes the names of the spicing used.. and so good to eat the food from my childhood!
Bharati