Start by marking “Dirty Angel” as Want to Read:
Dirty Angel

Dirty Angel

Dying Sucks

Particularly when you discover there really is a hell. Aden thinks there’s no way he can avoid going down, but when an angel and demon can’t agree over his fate, Aden is given one more month to gain redemption. He doubts he can find a way to become a better man in so short a time. But it’s worth a try, right?

Living sucks

Particularly when you can’t shake free of
Published May 29th 2016 by Barbara Elsborg

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Angel

Start your review of Dirty Angel
Judith
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

Aden is not a good man.He takes what he wants and walks away and makes no apologies for it.Neglected by his parents from a young age he's always put himself first and has no concept of love.

Brody is a successful Vet.He's desperately trying to get his life together and brake free from a controlling and abusive ex.

Aden is at a concert one night when his world is turned upside down.
He finds himself caught between Heaven and Hell,with an Angel and Demon both wanting his soul.

Dante,a fallen
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
"Worried you'll get lost?"

"I've been lost all my life ... "

"Not lost ... Just undiscovered."

Even if you don't believe in an afterlife or heaven and hell, think about this: If you died tomorrow, would you be proud of how you've lived? Do your good deeds outweigh the bad? Are you selfish? Do you lie? Have you ever truly loved and been loved in return?

In that shadowed corner of your heart where secrets hide, how do you judge yourself?

Aden has had a hard-knock life. Raised by abusive,
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I usually am not one to post about trigger warnings, but with this book it needs mentioning. I'll spoiler tag it for those who like to be surprised by these things.

(view spoiler)

I usually find one or more of those aforementioned trigger warnings to be a hard limit for me with reading, but I decided to read on because I love, LOVE
Wendy
 photo tumblr_n6ugb4cKM21s21mdyo1_500_zpsn7oyoeyp.gif

This book was amazing !! It was hard to read at times, because this book contains several triggers, like (sexual) abuse and rape. It was also heartwarming, sweet, funny and sexy :)

One minute, Aden is at a concert, fucking some pretty boy in the bathroom and the next, he's standing in front of an angel and a demon, being told that he's dead. The being dead part however isn't even the hard part. It's the fact that they can't seem to agree weather Aden belongs in heaven or hell. Aden is bad, but
Tanu Gill
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Barbara Elsborg never disappoints you. And yes, she did it again!

I loved this book, absolutely, amazingly, endlessly, thoroughly loved it. There was just so much pain and then consequent sweetness to make us forget that pain, the two things that I love to read in my romances.

The tug of war between being good and bad is something that most of us suffer through. There is so much hate and evil in the world, and we end up in situations where we need to decide whether to be the bigger person and
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
4.25 Hearts

I'm not sure if Elsborg is some sort of precog or what, butI do know this was written and released pre-Orlando, but reading it post-Orlando inspired some existential feels. When did terrorist attacks become accepted as a part of the fabric of our existence? When did they become a plausible happenstance when leaving our homes? Back in the day the number one fear of going out was not getting picked up by the popo on the way home from the club not whether or not you'd make it home ALIVE.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.75 Stars!

I'm a big Barbara Elsborg fan. Big. Huge. I even read her MF stuff. And I don't read much paranormal, but I read hers.

This was definitely paranormal light. Most of the time it didn't even feel paranormal. And I really liked the books take on angels/demons.

But, this book took me forever to read. It was long, for sure. And the pacing was really slow, though it picked up some in the last 30-40%. Coupled with the heaviness of both MCs pasts I found myself not as engrossed. I wasn't just
Nazanin
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lost-interested
DNF @ 40%

I wish it was more relationship-focused but alas we don’t get what we want always. The pace was so so slow for my taste. Considering all the good reviews, so it’s me and not the book. Hope you like it more than me!
Jewel
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I started Dirty Angel, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Even though I love this type of story, neither MC was particularly likable. Aden came off as selfish and uncaring of anyone else, and Brody seemed rather whiny and pathetic - so I was concerned. I needn't have worried, though, I liked them both, soon enough.

The story was such a neat concept -- a young man has died, unexpectedly, and when it comes time for Judgement...things aren't so clear. Should he be Heaven bound? Hell bound?
DW
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Really disappointed that I didn't like it!!
 photo C817AC5F-89A6-4288-9AAF-ABBDB7D4C973_zpsjjc1l9br.gif
Diana
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!!

Yea, I loved it. I was a little nervous to read this one, afraid it was going to be too dark for me, but I ended up losing myself in the story.
Aden North is confused. He was at a club, now he is waiting in line to find out if he will end up in Heaven or Hell. Is he dead? He doesn’t remember anything. When it is his turn to learn his fate, Aden and the two Angels (Dante and Raphael) discover he grows one black wing and one white wing, meaning he has both good and bad in him. Dante
Karen
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, what paves the road to heaven?

'Dirty Angel' is my first time reading a book by this author and all I can think is 'Holy hell how did I not know about her? Why have I not read her books sooner?' well for whatever reason I haven't so let's move on from there.

Whether you believe in angels and demons, heaven and hell or life after death really is irrelevant. What matters is did you love? Were you loved? Did you strive to leave this world a better
Bev
I fell so hard for Aden from the get go, what a character! I took a bit longer to connect with Brody, I just felt he kinda held himself back.

Both Aden and Brody had horrendous things happen to them in their childhoods that no child should endure, and given their pasts I felt the author played this just right.

Loved it!
Lorraine Lesar
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The saying of “You’re going to Hell” has taken on a whole new meaning for me after reading this so dark storyline, this will stretch your boundaries, take you over the limits you’ve set yourself and shatter your heart. And when it’s been repaired, it will feel like it’s been done with rusty staples but OMG…..what a read!

“A month to learn about love, believe in it, feel it, offer it. A month to earn respect and be the man he could be”.

That’s the offer on the table for Aden from the Heavens above.
Susan
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
This was really good, even though I did have some trouble with a few things.

Aden is dead. He died when terrorists attack the concert he is at. But it appears he is neither bad nor good, so the angel from hell, Dante, and the angel from heaven, Raphael, don’t quite know what to do with him.

So Aden gets sent back for a month. He has so learn what love is. To love and be loved.

So Aden gets dropped in the middle of nowhere with no possessions, except the clothes on his back. He then gets hit by a
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC won from Shh... Summer Buzz Book Event*

TY, TY!!!

Barbara cherry popped...

For a first Barbara read, it was definitely a winner!

Aden has been handed a unique opportunity to redeem himself. When his fate couldn’t be decided after his death, he was sent down again to the world of the living to prove (or disprove) things to the people who will decide his ultimate destination. For someone who felt like there’s nothing redeemable about him, turns out there may be some hope, thanks to meeting
Christelle
**4.5 stars**…It surprised me and I loved it !!!
Another hit for me from Barbara Elsborg. With a fantasy tale filled with angels, demons, bad boys and a second chance at life and love.

Aden didn’t have an easy start from life, far away from that, and it’s no wonder it hardened him. After a night at a concert, he’s killed, but at the gates of Heaven, Dante and Gabriel can’t decide of his fate between Heaven and Hell and they send Aden back to Earth with 7 lives, no money, no contact to his past nor
Pianka *call me PIU*
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!

Dirty Angel is a very unique and heart warming story about "Second Chances". I had a hell of a time enjoying this awesome book. Kudos to the author for creating such meaningful characters and such an unique plot to describe GOOD and BAD. I was amazed by the plot, character and setting with every page i turned.

Whats it about:
Aden North is the ultimate bad boy. He is a thief and a petty criminal. He is selfish and never hesitates in taking advantage of a situation or a
Bev
 photo littleboywithstars_zpsdfdc2ce1.gif

Another epic Barbara Elsborg read, and God, can the woman can write raunchy, raw and scorching sex scenes **fans self**!! Yes, yes... OK fine, there are some triggers that you should look out for if you're so inclined (see above), but as with Give Yourself Away, the quality of the writing far outweighs any niggling discomfort you should feel. 5 stars from me.

photo 2bcb12ea-f1cc-4e7b-9a2d-ab0685ad96f8_zpsw02muphn.jpg

Black and white feathers play a huge part in Dirty Angel, and for a really in-depth look at the story, I can only point you towards
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! Oh, I loved this! I loved the characters, the story and the development. Barbara Elsborg has convinced me that I need to go back and read her whole backlist. <3
Alex
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW

I was hesitant with this book at first because I read a few books from this author (not much but a few) and as good as they were, I found them pretty heavy. AND, I am not a religious person and the religions in romance tend to make me cringe...
I didn't know if I was in the right place to read that kind of book but... I do not regret to finally open that book! THIS WAS GOOD!

description=

There is no religion here. Just a sweet Angel and a filthy (hot?) demon...
I loved how she introduced some paranormal in a
Laxmama
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable, I started this one immediately after finishing Dirty Games - which I ADORED. This book, although it had so much depressing subject matter, really bad, I felt had a silver lining vibe to it, less angsty. I am definitely loving Barbara Elsborg - Thank you Judith who I can always count on ;)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

ARC Giveaway!
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
Author sign-up:
Lelyana
Buddy read with my girl Hope.

When Hope asked me to pick a book for our buddy read and we're agreed to try this author's book, I was between prepared and unprepared about the angst and how dark this book is.
Well I know that this is what everyone's expected from Barbara Elsborg.
Aden and Brody are two broken soul, destine to be together, but not without a fight.
I cried for what happened to both of them, and how much life tortured them to get what they deserved.
I cried for little Aden, and for
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.5 Stars

When Aden’s life is abruptly ended and he stands in line for judgement day should he be on his way to heaven or hell?

This is the dilemma he finds himself in even if initially he doesn’t quite believe it.

Has Aden’s life been good or bad? In all honesty it’s been pretty bad but then another question has to be asked – was it entirely Aden’s fault? Really, what chance did he stand? It seems even the angels and the demons can’t agree on this as when judgement
I~❤️~Books
4 Stars ...more
Veronica of V's Reads
This review was written for Joyfully Jay Reviews and can be accessed here: http://joyfullyjay.com/2016/07/review...

Aden is an emotionally-damaged, out gay man who goes to a concert and finds himself waiting for his final judgment. He has no idea how he died, but his angelic companion in line assures him that he’s in the Hereafter. Aden expects to assigned to Hell. He’s not a good guy, and yet, not all of that is his fault.

When he arrives in front of Dante and Raphael, it’s clear that they cannot
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Our two main characters, Aden and Brody, are at a crossroads in their life. One is sent back from death to redeem himself, and he’s got a month to do it. Is he going to end up in heaven or hell? The other is trying to get his life back from an abusive ex-boyfriend. Both Aden and Brody must change the direction their lives are heading. In a nutshell, they are fighting eternal damnation.

I’ve read Barbara Elsborg before and really enjoyed her stories. Reading the blurb, I knew I had to read this
Elsbeth

This book wasn’t so much in believing about Heaven of Hell for that matter. For me it was about remembering about doing right, living your life to the fullest!!

description

Both Aden and Brody had quite some baggage. Aden had suffered through anything seemingly possible, from child-abuse, neglect, rape etc. It has made him a unforgiving person. He doesn’t let anyone close, he cheats, steals, anything to put himself first.

One day he gets killed and is being judged by Dante (angel of Hell) and Raphael (angel
Judy
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heaven and Hell. Right and wrong. Good vs evil. Angels and demons!

I myself have wondered, have I done enough? Been good enough?
Will I be forgiven for those I've wronged? The lies I've told? Will I be allowed in Heaven?

This book makes you think!
It sucks you into otherworldly thoughts and possibilities.
It makes you fall in love.

As in usual Barbara Elsborg fashion, this book is witty, the characters sarcastic, the story emotional, funny and thought provoking!

Aden's backstory broke my heart. Over
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Dirty Angel by Barbara Elsborg (M/M Buddy Read) 16 16 Jul 22, 2016 06:34AM
The Backlot Gay B...: Dirty Angel, by Barbara Elsborg 1 7 Jul 12, 2016 03:40AM

• The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Adam Only (Those Other Books #2)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • NoX
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1-7)
  • Golden Boy and the Two Bears (Happily Ever Asher, #2)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again
  • A King in Wonderland (Happily Ever Asher, #3)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil: Coda (Death and the Devil #1.2)
  • Wicked Lies Boys Tell
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • Deal Maker (Mixed Messages, #2)
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Volcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and
“Brody exhaled. “Worried you’ll get lost?” “I’ve been lost all my life,” Aden replied quietly. “Not lost.” Brody squeezed his fingers. “Just undiscovered.” The” 1 likes
“What did I say? Don’t forget to ride Captain?” “You said you were sorry there was no perfect ending but that I was perfect to you.” “Autocorrect fucking up again.” “Right.” 1 likes