Start by marking “Heroes Haven” as Want to Read:
Heroes Haven

Heroes Haven

Heroes Haven is set in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles, where scientists are developing a drug — called V-1 — designed to awaken 'Superhero DNA Code' in the human body. As V-1 testing commences to enlighten and heal the dregs of LA, the drug begins to ‘synergize,’ awakening gifts like healing, super strength, visions and telekinesis in its subjects.

These gifts, however, com
Paperback
Published May 10th 2016 by Gotham City Films, LLC (first published September 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Heroes Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroes Haven

Pranta Ghosh Dastider
Just finished reading. This was a graphics novel, with very dark and gory story. Artwork matched the story, it was messy, fonts were here and there, panels were randomly distributed, but all worked towards making an unique style.

As for the story, it was familiar at places, I can't go into details without giving spoilers, so I will keep my mouth shut. Story isn't finished though, there is much to come! (At least in the copy I received for reviewing.)

At the beginning it can feel a bit out of the
Dan
May 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
At 50 pages in I'm DNFing this. They should have developed the story more before creating this. It's trying so hard to stand out as being different from other comics that it's differences make it unreadable. I tried and I cannot do this. Especially after he publisher offered me a hard copy of it. I turned it down.
Stephanie
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A new drug, V-1 has been developed. It has amazing abilities to awaken superpowers in humans. However, while the drug has the ability to induce super strength, visions of the future and ability to move objects, it can also cause some people to go mad or become ill. Inevitably, the drug is stolen and used on death row inmates to create a team of super soldiers. With the success of the testing, the fate of mankind may be on the line.
I am not a huge graphic novel reader, but I will indulge occasion
Theediscerning
May 07, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I wanted to like this – even going so far as to get a special file from the publishers as the one on netgalley was unworkable. But so is the book – I assume it's a webcomic, for it jumps from episode to episode very clumsily. What's much, much worse is the dialogue – lifeless, expository, and like no human on earth has ever spoken. I gave up without a real clear picture of what was happening – one Dr Mengele-type was making an army of enhanced Death Row inmates, and another bloke was falling in ...more
Akinotori
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heroes Haven is a grungy, dark and bold story with bits of light and the art reflects that. At first the art didn't sit well with me but it soon became something great. The comic comes off as a book of short stories. Each part has a title and a prologue to let you know what's going on. Each story follows a few characters and by the end of the book you know the backstory of the main characters (good and bad sides). It can be confusing but ends full circle when you finish. There is a lot to take i ...more
Joe Simone
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2016
May 14, 2016
Angie Banicki
Nikoleta Katsiouli
Jul 01, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: the cover of a book is incorrect 4 34 May 26, 2016 10:46AM