Start by marking “Texas Redemption” as Want to Read:
Texas Redemption

Texas Redemption

Two brothers
One woman
A final chance to find...

REDEMPTION

Desperate to escape her dark past, Laurel James agrees to wed the mayor of a small east Texas town. With him, life will be quiet. Respectable. Safe. It should be everything she ever wanted.

And it is. Until Shenandoah rides back into town.

Shenandoah never thought he would find the woman he's loved and lost...and he cer
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published February 7th 2017 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published June 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Redemption, please sign up.
Linda Broday Hi, I'll cross my fingers for you. Good Luck! Great question. I read a lot of history books, especially from about 1850 to 1900. That's the period…moreHi, I'll cross my fingers for you. Good Luck! Great question. I read a lot of history books, especially from about 1850 to 1900. That's the period that really interests me. I also scour the internet for certain subjects that I know I'd like to write about. Old newspapers are another source. A lot of online sites post articles. I have a pretty large research library of my own and they're so helpful--especially the set of Time Life books about everything in the old West. I hope I've answered your question. (less)

Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Witty, harrowing, & emotionally heartfelt, Texas Redemption has it all. Linda Broday can weave emotions and develop characters that will stay with you a lifetime.
Brodie and Laurel both have lead a hard life, an unfortunate circumstance brought them together years ago, but fate has stepped in to reunite them again. Evil is lurking and has chosen Redemption, Texas as its next target, but they never expected Redemption to be Brodie's new found stomping ground. They are about to find out they m
Cricket
This is the first Linda Broday book I have read. It will NOT be the last. This book was so full of surprises, so many twists and turns that I hated to see it end. The characters were very believable and true to the time period which many authors do not accomplish. And let me interject that I am not the biggest fan of historical romances but Linda Broday writes them with such wit and emotion that she has won me over, at least to hers. It is hard to make me laugh out loud and cry with a book, but ...more
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
Excellent read as true to all Broday novels. True to life, when two people are meant to play roles in each others lives, no matter what roads they take their pathes will cross again. People may not play the role in your life that you originally think they were meant play. No matter our past we deserve happiness, do not let your past define your present or future. I love all the, 'Grandpa always said..." quotes in this book. There is only one person that can get you your Redemption. You'll enjoy ...more
Cynthia
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great read that only Ms. Broday can do. I have always loved her writing style she knows how to pull her reads in giving you a read that hooks you from the first page to the last with wonderful detail and delightful scenes that keep you smiling as you turn the pages to a wonderful plot that is exciting and thrilling. I loved the twists and turns in this book it is filled with pain, hope, love, forgiveness and struggles they each have to go through together and apart. I enjoyed how this sto ...more
Dale
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WoW!!! What an incredible book!!! Linda Broday has done it again! She has created a masterpiece with her re-release of Texas Redemption. I instantly fell in love with Shenandoah (Brodie Yates), I could feel his desire to belong to someone again. To stop wondering around like a lost soul. And Laurel was amazing. She is strong and caring and giving of herself. And of course there was Olivia Applejack b'Dam (Ollie) I think she was my favorite character. I cried when she passed. She was sassy and fu ...more
Michelle
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, reviewed
The journey to Redemption for Brodie (Shenandoah) and Laurel is filled with twists, turns, pain, beauty, hope, forgiveness, surprises and grace. While there was a bit more struggle and time spent to get Brodie and Laurel to fully connect, there was enough spark and simmering passion between them to ease my heart. I was so thrilled when they were finally able to be fully together - and the last major pieces of Laurel's pain was washed away.
Glenda Kinard
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved loved this book!!! Just when you think you will never see a long lost love surprise you are confronted with him/her again and every possible thing that can be against you both ever finding happiness together again is playing out in a way that leaves very little room for love to pull you back together but even all the evil forces in the world can't stop a love that is truly meant to be from sparking and coming together in the most unconventional combustible way ever thought possible Linda B ...more
Brittany
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
Veda
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had several of my favorite subjects as background; Civil War, and Texas; then several people that have a past and how it can and will come back to get you in some way. This book is well researched, you can see and and some at points in the book; you feel that you are there.
You have Laurel James who is set to marry Murphy Yates; the mayor of the small town Redemption; she lives in. You have Shenandoah ( is that his real name); that has fought in the Civil War; and is wanted by the ar
Yvonne Wohlfeil
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
very Good! This book had it all from start to finish. it wasn't just about two people it has a cast of players. we get a bit of information of them all. love, fear, and redemption. it's a must read. you will love it I did.
Patsie
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantics
Recommended to Patsie by: other reading groups
Read this a month or so ago, found it to be a page turner.
The three characters were well written and it was worth my
purchase. keeper book for now, as Linda Broday books are becoming
one of my favorites. Patsie
FayAnn  Hollcroft
If you like love stories that are westerns, you'll really love this book. I personally prefer modern day cowboys to the Wild West style. Otherwise this was a good book.
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Linda Broday book and I really enjoyed it. I’ve seen her books around and for some reason just never thought to try them, which is odd considering how much I love western HR.

Anyway, i loved the backstory for these 2 meeting in a saloon and falling in love way back when. I can think of only one other, at the moment, that I’ve read where the heroine worked as a prostitute(at one time). I loved the choice to do this and thought it was very creative and no less appealing.

I did ha
Megan
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and fantastic book!!
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Linda Broday knows how to write the most tantalizing, intriguing novels. Redemption is fabulous!!! It's witty with some very intense moments. I love how the book, like all of Linda Broday's books, leaves you with a very important life lesson and a warm heart. Get ready to be on the edge of your seat with this one. More twists and turns than a rattlesnake. Brodie and Laurels story will forever be embedded in your heart and soul.
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natalie Bright
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These endearing characters and their story will warm your heart. Broday writes heartfelt, tender prose which molds into a feel good read.
Olivia Farr
"Texas Redemption" follows Laurel and Brodie in an old Texas town after the Civil War. Laurel is running from her past- as a teenager, she was captured and sold to a brothel. Olivia Applejack b'Dam (Ollie), a cook at the saloon, helped her to escape, and they run a cafe in the town of Redemption, Texas. Trouble begins when someone from Laurel's past, a customer she was fond of, shows up in Redemption.

Shenandoah (Brodie) is restless- after the war, he has wondered across the country, always watch
Teresa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great story! Set in the south when the US struggled to heal from the war between the States. With ease, the reader is drawn into the town of Redemption where Laurel struggles to leave behind her past and build a future for herself. That is until her past rides into town. She comes face to face with the legendary Shenandoah. The one man who refuses to stay in her past and out of her heart. Attempting to reconnect with his family, Brodie rides into Redemption and he comes face to face with ...more
Teresa
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It took me a little bit to get into this book, but once I did I really enjoyed it. It was a nice, easy to read western romance. I liked the author's writing style and the characters were interesting. The story line was easy enough to follow. I have another book by this author so I plan to read that one too. Hopefully it's just as enjoyable.
paula Helmer
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story

I really enjoy reading historical romances. Love when the story continues to a new book. Would like to know what happens to Laurels siblings and Brodys brother.
Elaine Hathaway
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the luckly fans to win a copy of this fabulous book, it did take me sometime to finish it. It was well wort the read. The main charachters are a delight, as well as the supporting charachters. It did have the up's and down's in the story line. It made me sad when Laurel's friend Ollie passed, Ollie was the one who pushed Laurel . and I enjoyed all the "slang" it made me think of my grandmother who passed awhile ago and brought back memories of her with the words in the book. I ejnoy ...more
Laurie
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Uggghhhh, this book was really hard to get started and then once you were hooked the story lines changed. I felt like the characters were really underdeveloped. I was longing for more live scenes and less people. I don't think I will be rushing out to get anymore of this authors work.
Chastity Wilson
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Could not put it down. Going tomorrow to find more books by this author!
Debbie

• Dust Devil
  • Loveland
  • Wild Violet
  • The Wanting Heart
  • Prairie Desire (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #3)
  • The Bluebird (Wings of the West Book 5)
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • Home by Morning (Heroes of Heartbreak Creek, #3)
  • Her Wicked Captain (The River Rogues, #1)
  • The Lady and The Cowboy
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Double or Nothing (Double, #2)
  • Severed Trust (Men of the Texas Rangers, #4)
  • The Double Cross (Spanish Brand, #1)
  • Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)
  • The Education of Madeline (Plum Creek, #1)
I'm a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of historical western romance. I live in the Texas Panhandle on land they call the Llano Estacado where the Native Americans and Comancheros once roamed and I can often hear their voices whispering in the wind. History is thick here with the ghosts of the people who settled this land. I love writing western historical romance and can't imagine ...more