Start by marking “Cupcakes and Cowboys (Sunset Plains)” as Want to Read:
Cupcakes and Cowboys (Sunset Plains)

Cupcakes and Cowboys (Sunset Plains #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  333 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
Published March 18th 2016 by Snowflake Press

To ask other readers questions about Cupcakes and Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupcakes and Cowboys

Ian
Cassidy gave up all of her dreams to support her fiancé in the pursuit of his dreams. But despite her sacrifices he still abandoned her at the alter with a mountain of debt and ran off to pursue a career in Hollywood. Now after a year she just manages to scrape by with her bakery but she is doing what she loves most.

When Jase turns up at her parent's ranch to research his next film role, it cuts a little too close. Over time she realizes he is nothing like her ex and makes the first hesitant st
Julie Carpenter
Cute and sweet novella about cupcakes, cowboys, movie stars, ranchers, loss, heartache, healing, hope and love.

Cassidy has been hurt in the past and is trying to heal, move forward and follow her dreams. She's recently opened her own bakery and is struggling to make ends meet. Not very easy when you live in a small community, but she's putting everything she has into it and will succeed. Her one hang up? She doesn't do wedding cakes. After a bride comes and requests a wedding cake, Cassidy is bo
Kathy Jo
3.5 Stars

Cassidy had put her life and her dreams on hold for her fiance, Drew, only to be left at the alter. Hurt and broken she struggles to get her life back on track. She is determined to live her dreams and put herself first for a change.

Jase is an actor who has done well for himself. But no matter how many movies he has been in or how much money he makes, he is having a hard time finding happiness in acting. He travels to Oklahoma to live on a ranch to prepare for his next movie. But while
Margaret Watkins
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cupcakes and Cowboys is a gentle love story, bringing healing and restoration to a broken heart. Cassidy was jilted on the eve of her wedding, leaving her alone, pregnant and with an abiding loathing for actors, her ex having been one. When Jase arrives at the ranch to absorb his future role as a cowboy, Cassidy gives him the cold shoulder, especially as he is supposed to be a very good friend of her ex Drew. It takes Jase a little while to figure out why she is so angry at his presence, and whe ...more
Sandi Ramirez
Nothing is better than Cupcakes & Cowboys

I love Lindzee Armstrong's books. This book reminds me so much of the little town my sister lives in in upper eastern Oklahoma. You know I just don't think you can find a better combo than yummy cupcakes and delish cowboys.

I love the attention to detail that our author gives with both the bakery and the ranch. I could just taste the red valley cupcakes...tummy or see the broken fence lines trampled by the cattle. Great series based in a great state no
iamnotabookworm
I give this book 3.5/5 colorful cupcakes.

I read this last month. Some of the characters of this story also appeared in Twisters and Textbooks. This is the first in the Sunset Plains romance novella.

The female main character in this story, Cassidy, is the sister of Tanner in the story I have mentioned above. This is Cassidy's story of how she got her heartbroken by an aspiring actor and was later put back together by his ex-fiance's best friend who is also an actor.

This is a short, sweet and ende
⚜️Trea
This is my first time reading anything by this author, and I have to say that it was a good introduction to her writing style. That being said, I found that this story was too short and ended too abruptly for my tastes! I was able to easily connect with Cassidy and Jase, and I really felt invested in their romance. I really loved Jase's desire for a simpler life! There was a logical conflict and obstacles for both of them to overcome, but I did really enjoy their story overall. I will definitely ...more
Kristen
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Cassidy wants two things, to make her business successful and to never see another actor as long as she lives. Her fiance leaves her pregnant and at the alter for a life in Hollywood. A miscarriage and many tears and almost a year later his co-star the oh so handsome Jase shows up at her families ranch to learn the ways of his next part...

Moral Note: Intimacy outside of marriage, no details. Clean language.
Jen_C
3.5 stars rounded up.

I liked most of it. Cassidy was a bit childish and annoying in the beginning though.
Char (1RadReader59)
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A short sweet story of a young woman Cassidy, who had given up on her own dreams of culinary school and an internship. To follow her boyfriend Drew, on his dream of being an actor. You see he was an indie film star working his way into the big times. Her goal was to open a bakery in her hometown in Oklahoma. One Drew, put down.
When into their relationship there was a shotgun wedding to happen he never shows. And on that day, she also loses their baby. Her life had become the talk of her small
Cynthia
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific

Cassidy open a bakery, something she always wanted. She decided she had to do it. She had customer come in wanting a wedding cake. She didn't want to do it, because she got jilted on her wedding day. Jase is an actor who's grandfather had been the army with Cassidy's grandfather. He doesn't know that a fellow actor he hates is her ex.
Alisa
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been almost a year since Cassidy was left at the altar and she's worked hard to overcome her emotional and financial loss. So when Jase, another actor who has worked with her ex-fiance, shows up on their ranch to research his upcoming role as a cowboy, Cassidy wants nothing to do with him.

Content: Clean
Source: Amazon freebie
A Reader's Heaven
Cassidy wants two things-to make her cupcake shop a success, and to forget the ex-fiance who traded her for the lights of Hollywood. She can't stand actors, movies, or anything resembling the guy who ruined her life. So when Jase-best friend of her ex and A-list actor-shows up at the ranch to research an upcoming role, ignoring her past becomes impossible. Jase is desperate to escape Hollywood, and ranch life gives him a temporary reprieve. But ranching is starting to feel less like preparing fo ...more
Carie
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a cute, quick romantic fix. I liked the characters and the premise. My only problem was that the romance was rather insta – I wish the book had been longer and we’d gotten a bit more depth and time given to the growth of the relationship. I loved these two, but it all seemed really fast and I would have liked more details about their getting to know each other, as well as what happened next. I thought there was A LOT more that could have been done with this story, if the book had been lo ...more
Lee
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omigosh! This one is an emotional story. Cassidy is a bakeshop owner whose parents own a ranch. She was jilted at the altar a year ago by a conceited actor who pretended he loved her. It was a tragedy when she also miscarried the same night. She picked up the pieces and moved on, building her dream with her bakery. When her parents allow an actor named Jase to come shadow the ranch workers for a role, Cassidy is thrown for a loop. She apparently still has a lot of hurt from her previous failed r ...more
I’m in a FB mom group that the author also belongs to, and that’s how I heard about her work. This story is cute, and just the right length for what it is. It was smart for Armstrong to make it a novella. Not too much, just like a cupcake! Great for one sitting. When romance novels try to be more than what they are, they tend to drag. I think they should mostly all be novellas 😉 Anyway, this is a fun, totally unrealistic fantasy, emphasis on the fun and the fantasy. I choose not to leave a star ...more
Texas
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cupcakes and Cowboys - A well written, quickly read romance filled with humor and reality. The characters and dialog are realistic. The two main characters were also in Twisters and Textbooks. Another good story about second chance to experience love.

Twisters and Textbooks - A well written, quick read about being stubborn and experiencing grief and realizing what matters. While this isn't my favorite book by this author and I have many I read and love, this story is interesting about love given
Linda
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
👍Between 4 and 5 stars, I really enjoyed this short contemporary romance about Cassidy, a country girl who is having a tough time getting over her treatment at the hands of a selfish actor. When Jase, a Oscar-nominated actor, shows up in town, he gets the cold shoulder until she starts discovering that not all actors are cut from the same cloth. Well-written and clean, though the story is short, it's complete with a great ending. :-)

I received a complimentary advance copy of this book from the a
KimberlyDawn
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cupcakes and Cowboys is part of the Sunset Plains Romances. Cassidy was burned by her ex when he, heading for Hollywood, left her at the altar, with his debt and pregnant. Through determination, she struggled but made things work over the next year. When actor Jase shows up at the ranch, she wants nothing to do with him. But over time, the layers of hurt are worn down and something begins..I really enjoyed this story.
Charline Bonham
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, romance
When Casidy open's her bakery she never expected it to be easy. She has waited a long time to be independent and blames her ex for sidelining her. He wanted to be an actor and will use any means to be one even leaving her the night before their wedding. When another actor comes on the scene, she's not happy that her family embrace him. Jace is very different from Drew and not the friend to Drew that Drew claimed. Can her healing heart let another actor in or is he just playing a role?
Corey
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and clean read. The author did a good job with details related to ranching and baking and it had a happy ending. My only complaint is that it was all tidied and concluded a little too quickly. Maybe this couple will make an appearance in the next story in the series and that will provide some genuineness that I sometimes feel is lacking in novellas.
Patricia Myers
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was great watching Cassidy and Jase form a relationship. It was interesting how a Hollywood movie star wanted to help her make cupcakes. Jase is at a crossroads, he doesn't like the Hollywood lifestyle anymore. It was an interesting story of forgiveness and finding a second love.
Brian Davis
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
☺☺☺☺

This is a light and frothy romance. Characters and plot are decent but not too deep: kinda feels like it was imagined as a longer and deeper story. Fast paced writing makes this an entertaining read.
Candace
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Cowboys are always a sexy plus in a story. This time was no difference. An actor learning yo be a cowboy was a Great story. And, of course, a happy ending that came too soon for me. I wasnt ready for the story to end.
Bella
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The only thing wrong with this book is that it's a novella and not a novel. Lovely premise, sweet plot, and of course the author's signature writing style: sassy, refined, and loads of fun! I hope some full length novels are set in this fictional world soon!
Herman Fassett
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Well, not much to this book. All I remember is:
- it was really short and I may have skipped some of it.
- um, insta love?
- managed to fit in the classic cliche annoying angst somewhere in there
So...
Judy
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!

This book is everything you hope to find in a romance. If you love cowboys and cupcakes you get it all here! I fell in love with the characters and felt like I was there with them. It pulls you in and you don't want too ever end!
Gina
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These two stories were very touching and had me so emotional crying at the beginning but smiling at the end. The stories can be read alone though they are the story of a sister and then her brother. I received this audio complimentary and volunteered to review.
InD'tale Magazine
A sweet contemporary novella, “Cupcakes and Cowboys” is the first book in the “Sunset Plains” series.

Read full review in the 2017 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Jaime
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cassidy had good reason to hate actors. And when one appeared in her home, she had extra cause to despise Jase. But he had a heart of gold and the two of them were so well matched together. I really enjoyed this story. It was short and sweet and a really good read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Lindzee Armstrong is the USA Today bestselling author of the No Match for Love and Sunset Plains Romance series. She met her match while attending a university, although she was technically in high school at the time. She and Mr. Armstrong became engaged quickly, and fell in love even quicker. He wasn’t a high school student, but still thoughtfully offered to take her to prom in her wedding dress. ...more
More about Lindzee Armstrong

Sunset Plains (2 books)
  • Twisters and Textbooks (Sunset Plains)