Start by marking “Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two the Complete Collection” as Want to Read:
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two the Complete Collection

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two the Complete Collection

(Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two (2014) #1-24)

The best-selling prequel to the hit videogame picks up right where it left off! Year one is over--now, year two begins. The death of one of their own has divided Earth's protectors as hero turns against hero. As Superman's iron grip on the world tightens, at the edge of the galaxy another grave threat approaches. The Green Lantern Corps is forced into extreme measures in a ...more
Published January 17th 2017 by DC Comics (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Injustice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Injustice

Celeste
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review now posted!

Surprisingly, this volume was just as fantastic as the first. I was afraid that the quality would plummet after the first volume, as seems to happen with many graphic novel series. Happily, I was wrong! The plot thickens in Year Two of Injustice, and the fight balloons past a global platform and onto a galactic one. The Green Lantern Corps inserts themselves into the mix, and they’re not all on the same side. More heroes fall prey to their confused moral codes, either givi
Will M.
At parr with Year One! I enjoyed this a bit more though because I am a huge Green Lantern fan and this has a lot of GL incorporated into it. Can't wait to read Year Three next!
Richard
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A year ago, if you told me that a comic book series based on a fighting video game would be one of my favorite superhero books published, I would call bullshit. But here I am, saying just that. I loved the first book and now, Year Two is just as awesome. Seriously this is great stuff.

Superman's policing of the world is getting larger and more totalitarian as he is attempting to control governments and impose martial law in his attempt to rid the world of all crime. Batman is out of commission fo
Manisha
Actual review: 4.5

This was the most depressing thing I've ever read. Seeing heroes lose themselves gradually in a way that they hit that moment of no return and seeing them do the wrong things for the noble reasons was awful to read.

No one wants to see this. This is how hope dies.

Having said that, brilliantly written. I loved the concept of a female team fighting for good and I was sad to see the end of many beloved characters.

And Superman... I have never been more disappointed in Superman.

Kay
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I inhaled this in one sitting. Things have deteriorated so quickly (and fully) I don't even know where to begin!

Let's start with how much I love Black Canary.
Black Canary is so kickass in this volume! Pregnant and fighting Superman. Boss.
description

I still can't believe that Hal stood with Superman after Year One. How could he turn his back on Ollie and Canary like that?...

I'm not a huge Green Lantern fan, but I did really enjoy this story and the involvement of the Green Lanter Corps. I FRIGGIN CAN'T
Dan
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
slow start but paid off in the end.
Miloš
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Fantastic and soooo dark....
Koen
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't believe what is happening in this series!!
All the violence, the deaths,... Can't believe DC would come up with something like this.. But I'm glad they did..
I read this in almost in 1 sitting.. and I'm sure the next issues will be the same, as it was for year 1 ànd 2 already so :)

So, 'nough talk, I'm diving into the next year ;)
Brad
Jun 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
The majority of this had to do with characters and conceits from Green Lantern's story. These felt both cheesy and boring to me. It is a far cry from the successful blending of worlds accomplished in Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One. The main exception is this exchange between Ganthet (who seems like the Yoda of Green Lantern's story) and Superman from this collection's third issue:
Superman: "What I'm doing is protecting the people."
Ganthet: "No, Superman. What You're doing is seeking to contr
D'Iberville Library
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Superman has introduced a new super-human army to police the world (the Nazi-like symbolism is very noticable). Batman is in a hidden location healing from his back injury. The Guardians have taken notice of events on Earth and have recalled Green Lanterns from all over to go investigate. Sinestro is whispering in Superman's ear and the Sinestro Corps is policing the sector for Green Lanterns (fatally). Very bad things are happening, but Batman's resistance is still fighting. They will not give ...more
Ross Alon
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one keep surprising me. The story is basic, like a regular unnecessary summer cross-over event that went wrong. Yet it is so well written, and feels so fun, and the characterization for most charactes is on point.
I feel bad that most of my favorit DC charcters lose their lives, but all of the deaths make sense in the context.

One should take into account that even though I've enjoyed it, this book gives the feeling it was meant for younger audience (if you disregard the violance). But if you
Eldon Farrell
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Consider my mind blown!! This volume continued the themes started in volume one but took them to an entirely new level. I loved the addition of the GL Corps and the whole intergalactic feel of the book. What's more frightening than an out of control Superman? It might just be Sinestro. He showed himself here to be worthy of the mantle of one of DC's absolute best villains!!

Fantastic read and can't wait to find year 3 :)
Roy
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah this was amazing!! I love how the lore with all the characters has just been thrown out the door. No rules no guidelines just pure action and fun. Great storytelling and pretty cool art. Superman as the villain with a few others is so simple in concept but this pulls it off perfectly.
✨Miky✨
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
{Puntuación: ★★★★} ...more
Sookie
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Green and Yellow lantern universe gets pulled into this war with both sides having their own perspectives for participation. Sinistro influences Superman with petty schoolyard ear twist.

Is it Superman's simplicity that makes him naive or is it that he has never been fully human to understand the complex of humanity? How is it he cannot differentiate between oppression and peace? It is just like saying "lets kill enough people from this planet so that there would be less hunger in this world".

T
Fernando Bonilla
Justo hace unos días leí Civil War y recuerdo que si hubo algo que no me gustó fue la brevedad de la historia.
En Injustice es lo contrario: este es el segundo año, ya hubo un preludio (que no me convenció tanto) y aquí ya no es sólo la pelea de dos bandos, ya es una guerra en gestión y ambos bandos consiguen su propio ejército. De hecho me gusta mucho como se van incluyendo recursos de un universo tan basto, que en este caso son las corporaciones de Linternas Verde y Amarillo. Sé que más adelant
Antonio Kleber Gomes
Wow! I have no words.

Okay. Superman is a baddie and... we love him? Or we love to hate him? Seriously, I LOVE Superman, and to be honest, I actually rooted for him in the first installment of this series - Year One - but I ended up horrifyied for what he did in Year Two.

Yes, Injustice is a masterpiece, like it or not, we have never seen the DC characters so involved in an epic scale event like this one. Ever. The characters are just so many and their storylines are just so gargantuan with so man
Robert Bussie
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Superman's tyrannical rule of earth continues, but when he aligns himself with Sinestro and the Yellow Lanterns he gets the attention and grave concerns from the Guardians on Oa. Now it is time for a war on larger scale.

This book is exciting with several plot twists. It does not have as many WTF moments as the first volume, but the inclusion of the Green Laterns corps. takes the story in a new and larger direction, while still keeping it grounded. The non-super powered humans show that they will
Vicenç Sanz
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reconozco que el impacto al leer el año dos de Injustice es mucho menor que el que se recibía al leer el primer año. Aquí ya tenemos a la mayoría de personajes definidos y la acción pasa a otra cosa, dejando aparcada la rivalidad de Batman y Superman junto al posicionamiento de los grandes héroes de Dc.

Pero incluso así consigue hace una trama (cerrada) realmente interesante, con la inclusión de los Green Lanterns y el llevar el conflicto más allá del planeta Tierra. Lo curioso del caso es que lo
Tim Bartel
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NOTE: This is a review for Injustice in general, not this particular volume.

Aussie comics writer Tom Taylor was given the task of writing a tie-in comic to support a street-fighter style video game starring DC Characters. No one ever expects much of these, but in Year One he took it and created an incredible series, set outside of the central DC continuity.

He told a story about a world in which The Joker got tired of going round in circles with Batman and set his sights on Superman. Not used to
David
While I've played the video game,a nd only ever really had a passing interest in it, I found the first collection of the Injustice graphic novels to actually be pretty good.

I has concerns about year 2: what usually happens, in my experience, is that quality plummets.

Thankfully, however, that's not the case here.

While the first entry (or Year One) primarily concerned itself with the ideological falling out between Batman and Superman (and, of course - it is based on a beat em up, after all! - the
Michael
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shubhankar Kumar
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Graphics - 9
Story-line - 7

Year 1 of INJUSTICE is pretty amazing because of involvement of Batman and his plans. Year 2 of INJUSTICE is full of awesomeness, Guy Gardener and rest of the green lantern corps taking interest to stop the so called MAN OF STEEL. But is pretty bad killing most of the beloved superheroes like black canary and others. Sinestro is turning almost every heroes as him by giving the Sinestro's corps YELLOW RING. There are many lantern who can take SUPERMAN in one on one Battl
Ushnav Shroff
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As one reviewer Richard rightly said, "A year ago, if you told me that a comic book series based on a fighting video game would be one of my favorite superhero books published, I would call bullshit." But things have changed, and how!

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two is an even brilliant rendition than what Year One brought itself to be. Since I managed to read nearly 1000 pages of the whole Injustice series in one go, my mind is currently a little befuddled - but the fun I had while readin
Marcus
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simon Fletcher
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dc, graphic-fiction
I've always been a Marvel fan and other than Batman, and then only occasionally, DC has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I think it's because for me Superman has always been just a bit too earnest and whiter than white. I like my characters with a little more colour, preferably grey and many shades there of, which is something that this story is delivering in spades.
I genuinely love this series it' absolutely unputdownable and is delivering a shocking storyline.
After year one I couldn't see
Elducho
Way better than "Year One".

Kind of SPOILERS ahead...

Pros:
* Birds of prey: YES!
* Non-Trinity characters (Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman) are getting more attention: finally.
* The Art: much much better. Congratulations!
* Even more fast paced.

Cons:
* Still some relevant characters are just missing. Like why are they doing nothing or not appearing?
* Same as Year One: sometimes the story is too simple.
* Some characters behave like 5 year old kids, not credible at all.

Still good though, getting b
DB
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as good as year one, but still surprisingly enjoyable. This volume requires a little bit more insider knowledge to really understand. I say that as someone who doesn't really understand all the mythology surrounding the Green Lanterns. And this one is pretty much all Green Lantern, all the time. In fact, the villain is much more Sinestro than Superman through most of it. Came for the crazy and was not disappointed.
Clark Hallman
This graphic novel collects each of the issues covering the second year and presents them in one "Complete Collection." Once again, like the year one collection, the full-color art work in the year-two publication is beautifully presented and the story is well written, very interesting, exciting, and gripping. I enjoyed reading this graphic novel very much and I hope I will be reading year three of this compelling, enjoyable ongoing story next year.
Joe Torres
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Canary in Major Role

With Wonder Woman out of commission, it was great to see Pretty Bird in a major role. The book was rather graphically gruesome feeding the needs of today. Unlike movies, I am unable to close my eyes before the scene in comics. Old heroes I loved like Hal Jordan's GL. The relationship between Hal, Dinah and Ollie. Barbara and Commissioner Gordon interaction. Zatanna brief but critical cameo. I loved it!
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us - Year Five
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws, Volume 5: The Big Picture
  • Batman Noir: Eduardo Risso: The Deluxe Edition
  • Star Wars: Rebellion, Vol. 1: My Brother, My Enemy
  • Legends: The Collection
Once a professional juggler and fire eater, Tom Taylor is a #1 New York Times Bestselling, multi-award-winning comic book writer, playwright and screenwriter.

Taylor is the co-creator of the Aurealis-Award-winning graphic novel series THE DEEP (which tells the adventures of a multiethnic family of underwater explorers who live on a submarine). Taylor is also the Head Writer/Co-creator and Executive

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two (2014) (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two (Digital Edition) #1