Start by marking “This is What Goodbye Looks Like” as Want to Read:
This is What Goodbye Looks Like

This is What Goodbye Looks Like

Lea Holder watched a boy die in the same DUI accident that ruined Lea’s legs and threw her little sister into a coma. As the only eye-witness to the accident, if she tells the truth in court, the drunk driver will go to prison and the dead boy’s family will have justice.

But Lea lies.

If she had told the truth, Lea would have put her own mom in prison for causing the acciden
Paperback
Published June 17th 2016 by Red Sparrow Press

To ask other readers questions about This is What Goodbye Looks Like, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is What Goodbye Looks Like

Start your review of This is What Goodbye Looks Like
⊱ Poppy ⊰
"ARC provided by Red Sparrow Press in exchange for an honest review"

"I once told you that I never leave a chapter of my life behind without taking a souvenir. I still don't know what to take away from you, which makes me think it's not time to let you go."

THIS book was Unexpectably Wow !! Not 5 stars factor but YET a MUST read! It was like a EMOTIONAL ride like a roller coaster where you know you won't enjoy that much but still you take it, this book is totally like that !! LIKE I SAID WO
zainab
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read my Review at A Bibliophile's Obsession

Me after finishing this book:

(This book is not a cutesy story about a High School romance. It's a story that will shatter you into a million pieces and will make you cry like a baby)

This book made me an emotional wreck. I don't remember the last time I read a book that made me want to cry a river. Hell, it almost made me cry a river. And I say almost because I don't ever cry while reading books.

I don't like the cover of the book to be honest
Olivia Rivers
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A Note to Readers: To celebrate the release of "This is What Goodbye Looks Like," the book is on sale during the month of June for only $2.99!
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Lea Alessio Holder
Seth Ashbury

This is my second book by Olivia Rivers and was an ARC copy sent to me to review. Thank you to the author for trusting me with your book.

I love Ms Rivers writing style, as she gives us a beautiful story that stays true to the story line without deviating.

This is the story of Lea Alessio and her journey to face the truth.

Following a terrible car accident, during which her drunken mother kills Parker Ashbury, the driver of a second car, and leaves her daughter Camill
Marta
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I I received an e-arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this story, but I still had some problems with it.

I really wanted to get along with Lea, but while I didn’t hate her, I didn’t love her either. I understood her reasons but I couldn’t see why she had to get so involved in the problem. She really messed up and as it was mentioned a couple of times in the book, it was all very sick. The only thing I found “inspiring” about her was her love
Ceres95
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm under a big waves of emotions, this book is fantastic and the story beautifully sad.

This book is about death, pain, love, regrets, lies, friendship, and family bond. I could speak of the story but the synopsis is widely sufficient, it reveals enough and I wouldn’t like to spoil you.

Lea has regret in her life, she thought that to lie would save her family, but unfortunately things did not happen the way she wants. She needs peace and she will try to find it, I’m not okay with Lea’s actions m
Hristina
This book is an emotional roller coaster, incredibly engaging. The characters are beautifully written, realistically... Mrs. Rivers' writings have yet to let me down when it comes to realistic characters.
The story is moving, and even though it's complex plot it still can be followed with ease. It deals with the aftermath of a loss, grieving and healing, and in my opinion it's well presented in this book.
The reason why this isn't a five star review is because the ending felt a bit rushed. I'm not
Jenia
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

This was my second book by Olivia Rivers, I previously read (and loved) Tone Deaf, so I knew I would probably like her writing, and I was really hoping to love the story. And to be honest, I kind of did, until around 75% of the book, and then it crumbled in my opinion and I just couldn’t love it or rate it above 3 stars.

But I DID love the writing, though I still found some words repeated a lot. I mostly liked the characters, and I say mostly because even though I wanted to l
Wendy
I got this book from Netgalley because the synopsis really spoke to me. It didn't sound as a normal fluffy contemporary read and I needed that at the moment. I needed some seriousness. So I started buddy reading this book with Jaike from Despicable Books and we both enjoyed it.

The main character is Lea and we follow her as she just tranferred from a school in San Diego, to a school in Vermont, Harting. This isn't a blunt decision - she has a reason for it. Through out the book we get to know Lea
Christina
Review Originally Posted on Books & Prejudice

Lea is messed up both physically and mentally from the car accident that killed a boy. Having lied on the stand to protect her mother from going to jail, she's torn up. Her family has been ripped apart by all the lies, and her sister is in a coma. She doesn't know what else to do aside from get help from Seth Ashbury, the brother of the boy her mother killed.

I was so curious how this was going to be established. How in the world was Rivers going t
Sarah E.
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4.5 stars
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
The synopsis was a little misleading and I think I would have been more inclined to pick this book up sooner had it been a little more accurate. It was a quick read and one that I immediately got engrossed in. I really liked the bits of flashbacks to the night of the accident that killed Parker Ashbury and what followed. I think that the main character, Lea, was such an honest written character in her insecurities, flaws, and motives. A
Cátia
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews click HERE

Actual Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars

*I was provided a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This was my first book written by Olivia Rivers and I was really excited to read it since I keep hearing great things about her other books. I did enjoy this book and I loved most of the characters but there were a few things I didn’t like that much that made me enjoy this book a little bit less.

As I said before, I did like most of the characters in th
Alyson Stone
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, teen-fic
Book: This is What Goodbye Looks Like
Author: Olivia Rivers
Rating: 5 Out of 5 Stars

I would like to thank NetGalley and Red Sparrow Press for providing me with this galley in exchange for an honest review.

I was really shocked with this! I really had not expectations coming into this book, but the summary sounded promising. I had never heard of Olivia Rivers or her books until I was flipping through the books on Netgalley. What made me click on the book was its beautiful cover-yes, I do judge boo
Kaitlin
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Beginning- The beginning starts off with a tragedy which ultimately lets the reader know that this book will not be all rainbows and unicorns. The relationship will be doomed from the start. And most things are very broken.

Characters- The characters are really what sold this story and made me feel and believe in it. The relationships everyone had with one another was beautiful and I loved how they were able to lean on each other whenever they needed someone. Lea and Seth were great leads and ve
Kay
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4/5 stars.

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with an ARC of this novel ! It's already out and I highly recommend reading it!

Lea Holder survived a car accident, a car accident that sent her beloved sister, Camille, into a coma, and killed an innocent boy, Parker Ashbury. The car was being driven by Lea's own mom; she is the sole witness in a case being built against her mother for drunk driving. Pressured by her father, Lea lies, letting her mom walk free and bearing the guilt of letting an inn
Katia
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All Ya fiction lovers
Recommended to Katia by: NetGalley
(I received a copy via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review)
I absolutely loved this book and wish there was a second one! It was so cute and realistic in all the right ways. It talks about a girl's mom getting in a car accident and killing an innocent boy while also putting her youngest daughter in a coma. It shows how much you have to trust the truth and never give up hope.

I really loved the character's and how they show how amazing life at boarding school can be. The main character Lea
Karen (^ v ^)
I read Olivia Rivers' other book, Tone Deaf this year as well and enjoyed it very very much. This book solidifies the fact that I really like this author's writing style. She captures characters in a realistic and raw light that sucks me right into the story. What I loved so much about this book is that the situation could literally happen to anybody, you just don't think it could happen to you. So much empathy went from me to Lea, because the moral dilemma that she was placed in was so complex ...more
Olivia
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Rivers's "This is what goodbye looks like" is a beautiful story of loss, redemption and healing. Lea, the main character, is a young woman whose mother drunk drove, killing a young man, placing her younger sister in a coma, and making it hard for Lea to walk. In an effort to piece herself and her family back together, she travels to attend the private school at which Seth, the (blind) brother of the man her mother killed, attends. Lea holds herself together with lies and begins to fall in ...more
Debbie
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Rivers is such a good author and her writing is so engaging. This book grabbed me and wouldn't let me go. I loved all the characters and the plot. Also the story of how drunk driving not only destroys the lives of the people who are killed but the family's of those people, both the driver's family and the loved ones of the drunk driver.
This book is not lighthearted if that is what you are looking for. It is a deep and emotional at times story. Lea and Seth have both been hurt by Lea's mo
Viona Zharku
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow... This book was amazing. It is completely different from what I have read so far and it is simply captivating. The story is unique and heart breaking and just unbelievable.

I am in shock right now I do not even know what to think or write or.... Wow.
Jaike
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give it 4.5 stars. Full review to come on www.despicablebooks.nl ...more
Jacqueline
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was first introduced to Olivia Rivers when I received an ecopy of her book, In the Hope of Memories, via NetGalley. Rivers' phenomenal writing and story telling, as well as the refreshingly original plot of the book, had me quickly looking for more of her works to read. After reading the blurb of This is What Goodbye Look Like, I knew I had to read it and I was not disappointed!

17-year old Lea Holder's life has been shattered into pieces after being in a car accident, which not only left her w
Sonya Wasden
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those stories that captures your interest and tugs at your heartstrings. It was a beautiful story of loss, redemption, honesty, conviction and love.

Lea Holder was injured in the same accident that took the life of Seth Ashbury's brother, Parker. Lea's sister, Camille, was still in a coma nine months later, also. This tragedy was all caused by drunk driver. Unfortunately, the driver was Lea's mother. Lea's family had shattered after the accident and she saw how the accident brough
Danielle Albert
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it

Ugh. I wanted to like this book so badly. And, I mean, I do like it...but.
Yeah, there's a but.
I feel like the characters weren't developed to their potential before all this romance starts happening. I feel like the story wasn't told completely as it could have been. It just...ends.
And I just don't feel satisf
Jill Remackel
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story

Beautiful story but I NEED more!!! It was heartbreaking, funny , tragic but beautiful! I loved it from the very beginning and it was hard to put down! I hope there's more to their story....I need closure!
Amanda
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Very good read!!! I could not put this book down.. 10/10. Good love story but as well tells a story as to why drinking and driving is horrible!!!
Paula
"This is What Goodbye Looks Like" by Olivia Rivers is the third book I've read by the author and she has without a doubt established her place on my favorite, automatic one-click author list.

"This is What Goodbye Looks Like" delivers everything I've come to expect from Rivers' books. It's a heart-wrenching, unique story with complex characters who despite all their flaws and faults quickly won me over. Or maybe it was because they weren't perfect that I could so easily relate.
Whatever it was,
Angel - Angel Reads
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diversity
You can read this review and more at Angel Reads
I received a copy of This is What Goodbye Looks Like by Oliva Rivers from Red Sparrow Press via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, this has in no way influenced my thoughts and feelings about the book.
I picked this book up on a whim – I hadn’t heard about it until I saw in on Netgalley, but something about the synopsis caught my eye, and I am glad that I did. Because I really enjoyed it.
This is What Goodbye Looks Like follows Lea Holder
Eva Scalzo
after i requested this is what goodbye looks like from netgalley, i had second thoughts. the pretty cover drew me in but the more i thought about the description the more worried i was that i wouldn't like it. i don't like to read novels that i won't like. i'm not the kind of person who wants to write a negative review. and this isn't one, necessarily. i didn't love this book, but i didn't hate it either.

i just think that there was so much dread and angst and lying going on, the fact that we kno

• Lost Talismans and a Tequila (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #7)
  • Midlife Fairy Hunter (Forty Proof, #2)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta, #2)
  • Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Cursed by Blood (The Blood Descent Series Book 2)
  • Magical Midlife Dating (Leveling Up #2)
  • Bless Your Heart (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #1)
  • Starstruck (Starstruck, #1)
  • Warping Minds & Other Misdemeanors (The Guild Codex: Warped, #1)
  • Seeing Dead Things (Roxie’s Midlife Adventures, #1)
  • Written in Red (The Others, #1)
  • Once Bitten (Shadow Guild: The Rebel #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
  • Spandex, Spells and . . . Shadows? (Midlife Mayhem, #3)
  • Change of Heart (The Potentate of Atlanta, #3)
  • Divorce, Divination and . . . Destiny? (Midlife Mayhem, #2)
Olivia Rivers is an award-winning author of Young Adult fiction. Her works include Tone Deaf, which was awarded a place on the American Library Association's "Quick Picks" list, and In the Hope of Memories, which has been optioned for film. Olivia enjoys experimenting with new publishing technologies, and her online serials have received over 1,000,000 hits on Wattpad.com. She is represented by La ...more