Start by marking “The Dance” as Want to Read:
The Dance

The Dance

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  988 Ratings  ·  237 Reviews
***From Amazon and International bestselling author, Alison G. Bailey, comes a Contemporary Romance story about what happens after the happily ever.***

Bryson Walker stumbled heart first into the steady rhythm of her life, never questioning whether other possibilities existed. She had been Will’s girl since their junior year in high school, followed him to college, and mar
Published May 11th 2016 by Alison G. Bailey

To ask other readers questions about The Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dance

Jennifer Kyle
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cry-baby-books
4.5 ~One Mississippi~ STARS

description

Bryson Walker followed a path in life that seemed so simply set out for her. She dated and married her high school boyfriend Will and though she shared one unforgettable dance with the school bad boy Hart Mitchell she stayed on the path that seemed destined for her.

”I never doubted that Will as my future. Marriage was simply the natural progression of our relationship. But now that the day was actually here, it felt strange.”

The story takes Bryson through the years
Tammy  Zautner
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I want to welcome you to the not so fictional world of The Dance. Where life’s never as it seems. Where commonplace collides with the unexpected. Where happiness and unhappiness are very much intertwined. Where social class defines one’s fate. Where love and hate becomes an intricate labyrinth.

A world where you can never go back in time, only forward. A world where sh*t happens, good and bad. Yes, there is a more politically correct way of stating that but then again, when is life ever politica
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo e8ed016a3b15dab18472bc0b084c99_zpsf9g19wv4.gif

Alison G. Bailey has once again danced her way into our hearts as she delivers an unforgettable love story that knows the rhythm to our hearts. Each beat, motion, and move were beautifully integrated into a story that was full of heart, raw emotions, heartbreak, passion, forgiveness and second chances.

The Dance is a story that grips you from the beginning. Each and everyone has the ideal picture of what our future entails. In the end, we a
Alison Bailey
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amazon

OR

Read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited
Betul
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Received ARC in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Bryson, from our very first moment you stole my breath and I've been trying to catch it ever since."

I kind of went blind into this book. I forgot what I read in the blurb and the only think I did remember was the sentence: "The Dance is the story of what happens after the happily ever." I think this sentence explains perfectly what the book is about. I had no idea which direction the author would take. This book is about Bryson and Will who have
Anne OK
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
What a surprise package this was! I love when I get so much more than I expected in every element of the storyline. A roller coaster of emotions -- and a soul-searing love story that was so much more than your average romance. I loved the characters, some more than others. Hart -- you were my biggest surprise -- I love you "Yodels & Yodels". Even though Will wasn't a very nice guy through much of the story, I would have to be the biggest biotch ever to not end with a forgiving heart. There w ...more
Crysti Perry
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

The good, the bad, and why that makes me sad!

I never like to read a book by an author whose previous books I’ve loved and not absolutely love it. However, I’ve read enough books to know that you can’t love them all and that’s okay. This is the part I don’t like: explaining to the author and other readers just why I didn’t absolutely love the book.

Disclaimer: There will be extremely vague spoilers in this review. I personally don’t think you can figure out what I’m talking about withou
Sera
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*

This was a story that put me through the emotional wringer! Bryson married her high school sweetheart Will and is living a cookie cutter life with him. He works hard to provide a life for them both. Her role is to be a homemaker and support him in his career. She may have gone to college but her qualifications will never be put to use in any career dreams she may have had. Basically her whole life revolves around him but it doesn't seem to swing both ways. This is definitely not an equa
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars!

"The perfect man is the one who gives you strength, encouragement, and love. He builds you up and holds you up. He protects you while giving you room to grow as a person. He desires you and lets you know just how special and lovely you are. He appreciates your intellect and opinions. He supports your dreams. And he’s the one you can cry in front of and laugh out loud with. "

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I was on the verge on not finishing this book because the beginning was slow and
Katie
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author!

I really loved story and premise of The Dance. Alison writes real life characters that go through real life situations, not many authors do that. She always does tons of research for them and makes you feel the emotions.
I admit, I didn't like Will. I had no sympathy for him and the way that he acted.
Bryson was a different story, at first. She was quirky and spoke her mind. One thing that bugged me was she was so emotional. She never spoke up for herself and she was vulne
Wil Loves Books!
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This was a great read. It was so different than the books I’ve read recently and a true roller coaster ride. I t
Bonny B.
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ho girato lentamente l'ultima pagina perché non volevo separarmi da questa storia, ma poi mi sono resa conto che non sarebbe successo perché era già entrata prepotentemente nel mio cuore.

I slowly turned the last page of this book because I didn't want to separate myself from it, but i realized it would never be happened because it was already in my heart.
Terri
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow !! Beautiful story. This was not at all what I was expecting but I should of known from reading Alison's previous book that there are twists and turns. Second chances, redemption and forgiveness is what this story was to me. Very emotional and extremely touching.
Kim
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

Sometimes you get what you think is the fairy tale, but reality does not turn out that way. Real life has challenges and trials that can be hard to face. People change. And sometimes things are not always what they seem. And it is easy to become what the other person wants versus exploring your own needs.

Bryson and Will were high school sweethearts. One night at a dance, Bryson shared a moment with Hart and had an opportunity that could have changed the course of her life, but she stay
Dawn Nicole Costiera
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A top pick for 2016.
The Dance by Alison G. Bailey is fan-freakin-tastic. I was blown away and SPEECHLESS.

As young girls, we all dream of marrying our prince, starting a family and living in a beautiful castle with a white picket fence. Sounds perfect, right? Well, The Dance proves that life is NOT perfect and it definitely does not always work out the way we have planned.....
What happens after the vows, when you see the other person for who they really are? Turns out some Princes are really jus
Jennifer Wolfel
May 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I'm obviously in the minority on this book because so many loved it. But this one didn't work for me at all. There were a lot of things that I just couldn't wrap my head around and couldn't really love any of the characters all that much.

The story started off really good, a young girl, in the only relationship she's ever known, but not really feeling like it's enough. I was that girl on so many levels so I was totally relating to her in the beginning. After the wedding was where things got comp
Michal Inbar
May 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF 38%

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!! What did I just read?!

First of, the heroine is a mental case of a doormat.
Second, what a terrible terrible nutcase of a book. I skimmed and skimmed, rolled my eyes and whispered WHAT THE...??!! A million times at least.

We got to read, for the first quarter of the book, about the heroine pathetic, unloving, humiliating and idiotic marriage to a man who stomped all over her. And she stayed with him for months and months after discovering he was cheating on her and didn'
Meire
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"I am always fascinated by the way Alison touches our souls with each new story. Her books are the ones that make you think, feel, react, cry, laugh and always make us remember about our own humanity. Bryson and Hart love story is exactly that. They are not only a couple with a lot of baggage. They are amazing human beings with a capacity to love and to be kind on very unusual circumstances. They make me believe that even though life is hard we still can be thankful for every day, every night, e ...more
Liz
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars. Alison puts so much hard work and soul into her stories there is never a moment of lost emotions. Her writing never fails to bridge the reader to her fictional characters. Honestly, I struggled in the beginning and wasn't sure how this story was going to unravel. I had the hardest time to have respect for Will due to the fact he was so self centered and spewed a lack of respect for others. From the very beginning i was so intrigued by Hart, I wanted more. This turned out to be qui ...more
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this author, her books, and her writing style. She never ceases to amaze me with her ingenuity and flawless stories. Her books are perfection. Her characters are unforgettable. The emotions she evokes in a reader are all consuming and powerful. The Dance is another example of Bailey's perfection...I was lost in this book...I devoured this book...I felt this book to the depths of my soul. Another top fave of 2016 and another winner from this amazing author! Full review to come.
Alison Maxwell
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm 100% sure that Alison G. Bailey's writing gets better with every book! Hart and Bryson are everything you could ever want in a book couple. Absolute perfection!
Mary
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING!!!! This was such a beautiful story! I really connected with Bryson she actually reminded me a lot of myself....in that her heart was so big and she's so full of love for everyone and tries to be there for everyone. I really got her and how she dealt with her relationship with Will....and ultimately with Hart. Bryson grew from a naive teenager into a strong woman by the end of the book and I loved every second. This story, to me, was very believable! I was pulled into Bryso ...more
Robin
I have enjoyed reading novels written by Alison G. Bailey since the day I picked up Present Perfect back in 2013. Although Bailey writes contemporary romance and new adult novels, her writing has recently taken on a multifaceted aspect. Bailey has been tackling some difficult topics, and she seems to do it with grace. Part women’s fiction, part contemporary romance, The Dance is a story about what occurs after Bryson Forsyth has her happily ever after. I should also note that Will Forsyth and Ha ...more
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 Heartfelt Stars ~

I don’t even really know how to express my feelings accurately, when it comes to The Dance. I feel anything I say won’t do this story and it’s characters justice.

The Dance is my first book by Alison G. Bailey and I was swept away by the storyline and the characters and all of the emotions she brought out of me while reading this book. This is one story I won’t be commenting on because it is a book that I beli
Virginia
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alison has written an absolutely perfect and amazing story with The Dance. To say I loved this book is an understatement. It was amazing. So, so good. It literally consumed me for 2 days- to the point that I couldn’t put it down and had to read standing at the kitchen counter so my kindle could charge.

Without giving the story away I will say The Dance is beautiful, breathtaking, emotional and gut wrenching. It will touch your heart in so many ways. It’s a story of loss, love, heartache, friendsh
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)

What a Beautiful Story! It wrung every tear from my body! I absolutely adored Bryson,she is forgiving,kind,as well as strong! She grows up from a naive teenager into a strong woman throughout the book!
She wants a fairytale,and think she is living one. She Marries a man who is supposed to love and cherish her. Her High School Sweetheart! Only to find out she is living a lie. She suffers through quite a few heart rending ordeals,and revelations!
There is one man that returns to her life. Someone fr
Jennie
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Amended review. Ok. I ended up going back and finishing this book. The last 25% was actually quite good. I'm not sure it was good enough to make up for the first 75% though. The story had promise but the writing was so awkward and cheesy that it was hard to enjoy the story. And maybe there was a little bit too much going on to be believable. A good editor would have made massive cuts and suggested changes that to enhance the story. Authors, its worth finding a good one.
Benedetta Cipriano
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars! 5 stars! 5 stars!
(But they would be 1000)
So incredibly overwhelming.
A heartbreaking story that just Alison G. Bailey could write.
Tears, shivers and a deep tenderness. An Original story different from others. It made my heart beating. One of the best book ever. Thank you so much Alison G. Bailey to give me a new extraordinary story.
Anjanette
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow this book took an unexpected turn it was WOW!!!
  • Belong (Seven Year Itch, #3)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Quiet Angel
  • Only You (Second Chances #2)
  • Second Chance (Running Into Love, #3)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Chasing Butterflies (Chasing Butterflies #1)
  • His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound, #2)
  • Out of Focus (Chosen Paths, #3)
  • Searching For Harmony (Boston Love #1)
  • Caught in a Jam (Love and Skate, #4)
  • Lies Beneath the Surface (Buried Secrets, #2)
  • Missed Connection (Viral, #1)
  • Vision of Hope (Infinity, #3)
  • Therapy Ever After (Therapy, #1.5)
  • Salvage
  • Unbreakable (Able, #1)
  • Revive Me
Alison G. Bailey is an award winning, Amazon and International bestselling author living in Charleston, South Carolina. At an early age she fell in love with writing, reworking scenes from her favorite TV shows and movies with new dialogue. Alison wrote and produced several stage plays before turning her sights on the book world.

Under the influence of a copious amount of Diet Pepsi and nonstop lis
More about Alison G. Bailey

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be