Start by marking “Hell or High Water (Gemini, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hell or High Water (Gemini, #3)

Hell or High Water

(Gemini #3)

Gemini, Book 3

Camille Ellis has gone rogue agent, and there’s no turning back now. The conclave might have put the Charybdis case to bed, but Cam isn’t willing to let it lie. No badge doesn’t mean no backup these days.

As mate to an alpha warg, she has access to new and lethal resources. A whole pack full of them. And they all want justice for the sins committed against
Published July 30th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hell or High Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell or High Water

Start your review of Hell or High Water (Gemini, #3)
Montzalee Wittmann
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hell! or High Water by Hailey Edwards and narrated by Stephanie Einstein takes the story of the half fae / half human but alpha female to the wolf pack further and deeper into the fantastic lived of these characters! Secrets are reveled, an evil is to be dealt with, many side issues that end up to be intriguing, and more! Lots of action with the weres, fae, trolls, and more! Great characters,plot, and world. Love this series!
Narration is excellent!
Katyana
It just didn't work for me.

Firstly, there were some personality changes that seemed inconsistent. Like ... the heroine was suddenly really TSTL. That hasn't been the case throughout the series, and I don't know why it was here. She was not seeing obvious, anvil-to-the-head things ((view spoiler)). She was making terrible decisions about Charybdis... and leaving everyone constantly exposed to attack. I not impressed. This is not the Cam Ellis of books 1 a
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Urban Fantasy/Gemini series fans
4 Stars – Wargs and Family and Fae, oh my!

Camille Ellis’ search for a missing friend and diabolical killer continues. She may not have a badge but she’s not alone, which causes a new sense of commitment and responsibility on Cam’s part. The changes in her life also fill a need she’s had since her twin sister drowned as a child.

Cord Graeson is now the alpha of a new warg pack with Cam as his alpha mate. Understanding warg pack structure and social behavior is a “learn as you go” process for th
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Hell or High Water is the third and finally book in the Gemini series, but it is not the last of the black dog world and characters.

The black dog world is awesome, entertaining, and has so much to fall in love with. I have been enjoying all the books created in this world by Ms. Edwards. I was first intraduced to the world in the Black Dog series. I don’t feel it’s necessary to read the Black Dog series; before the Gemini series, but you may be more informed if you do. The Gemini series does nee
Yellagirlgc
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hailey Edwards Gemini series is always a joy to continue. Camille and Cord have a quarky relationship that is getting more stable and loving as the series has progressed. Even though Charybdis, the elusive serial killer fae is still trying to destroy their lives. The tie in to Edwards other series adds so much to each story.
I received a copy from NetGalley for an unbiased review.
Belles
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2018
Good trilogy, but I'm not going to read more in this universe. ...more
Denisa
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Not bad, but it kinda got boring after a while.

Maybe I'll get back to it at one point, but for now, I'll take a break from the series.
Shelley
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Source* Amazon
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Full Review Pending*

Nope, I'm not crying, I have allergies ::sniff sniff:: Anyway! I guess I have to go back and read Thierry's series now. After all, she does play curious and important roles in this series. I probably should also think about reading Adele's new series as well since it picks up right after this series ends. Yeah, I'll just keep going and going and going.....
Jen Davis
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another satisfying read from Hailey Edwards!

Though there are more books in the Gemini series, this is the last in Cam's arc and I think the story wrapped up nicely. It centers on the search for Cam's aunt and cousin and her final confrontation with Charybdis.

I've got to say, there were a few plot twists that took me by surprise, particularly where it came to Cam's parents, but I'm not going to spoil it.

I will say that I love Cam and Graeson more now than ever. There romance hit my happy
Jacqueline
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was never one for mystery stories. But ahhh, this one was super good. I'm excitted to read more. ...more
Linda
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Cam has finally got some back up in her hunt for the Charybdis, a pack and a mate of her own, but is she willing to risk them in this quest?
We continue where the last book left us, Cam´s Aunt and cousin is missing, Graeson and his motley crew of wargs need shelter, and the threat of Charybdis is ever present. When they get a new lead Cam needs to follow through, but is she ready for what this will bring up from the past?
PNR romance, action and suspense in a great combo, an awesome conclusion to
Christine
This was a Hell of a ride. I loved the conclusion to Ellis and Graeson's story, but I am also sad that it's over.

I am happy as a clam that I found a new author that I enjoy to read.
Suz
Oct 16, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, urban-fantasy

I found the epilogue to be a bit too "stay tuned" for comfort. It also seemed to me like there was a bit more romance in this entry to the series, and sex. It was a bit on the uninspired side for me, though.

I'm enjoying the series well enough to continue to follow it, but it's not a compelling series.
Nicci
May 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5 Stars

I'm not going to lie, I spent a fair bit of this book re-reading passages and wondering if I'd accidentally skipped something but I hadn't... The story just goes down a twisty and confusing rabbit hole that's hard to follow. Needless to say, that hampered my enjoyment.
The pace was also problematic as for such a short book (~ 200 pages) it felt like it took forever to read!
However, I liked that the bad guy finally got booted (even if it was confusing af) and I enjoyed seeing the
Alison
I received a free copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

After my reservations about the preceding book, we now come to the end of the Gemini trilogy. Camille 'Cam' Ellis and her mate, the Warg Graeson Cord, have left the Chandler pack and set up their own pack. Still searching for Harlow, Cam's aunt and cousin Isaac have now also been kidnapped by Charybdis and Cam is desperately trying to find them. She is also worried about the fate of her parents,
Ln Winchester
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
One BIG request for this author.

We've all read books where the author spends to much time recapping previous events, right? Well the Gemini series has the opposite issue. I've read many other books since the last Gemini story came out, so a quick reminder about the characters, the issues, what a Gemini is and the world they're in would have been extremely helpful. But the author gives us nothing like that.

Right away, the action starts with talking about characters without explaining who they are
Diane Lynch
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Hailey Edwards’s HELL OR HIGH WATER (Gemini #3) takes place where book two, HEAD ABOVE WATER, left off. Camille Ellis and Cord Graeson are now the alphas of the Lorimar pack. Aunt Dot and Isaac have been abducted, and there is still a case to solve. This urban fantasy is suitable for adults.

I think it is great that Cord and Camille break off from the Chandler Pack to start the Lorimar Pack. I like how Cord came up with the name. I love that the Lorimar pack is open-minded and willing to break tr
Hmr28
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is ALMOST as good as Ilona Andrews and that is saying something.I read all three books (first three anyway) in the Gemini series and am now going to read the books about Thierry. I'm not stopping till I've read everything by her...she's that good.
I liked the slow building romance that spanned all three books, the characterizations, the world building, and the relationships between the characters. I could have used a bit more humor but that is the only thing missing really.
Valine
May 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
I almost didn’t finish this book due to the “woe is me” mantle that Ellis seemed to wear like a her favorite blanket. Everything was her fault and her responsibility and I just wanted to say, “get over yourself and deal with it”. Not every tragedy has to be internalized. Put on your big girl pants and deal with it instead of shutting down. So annoying.
Nik
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF. I loved this author’s other series so I tried really hard to like this one too. I got to book 3 and decided I was done. As much as I hate leaving it unfinished it just didn’t resonate with me. I’m not a fan of the characters and the plot was meh.
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Police procedurals and urban fantasy go hand in hand. It's probably one of the most common tropes for urban fantasy and one of my favorites. If you think about it, it makes complete sense—these strange new creatures have crawled out into the light of day, and someone needs to be able to make sure they are following the rules. It's a way of evening out the inequality that supernatural abilities bring to the table.

Camille Ellis is an agent for the Earthen Conclave, an organization helping to keep
Elenariel
Mar 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: shifters, fae, magic, au
0.5*
What a bad read. Really disappointing. The relationship between Ellis and Greason is sad and unbalanced. She, as heroine, a detective to booth, is a failure: slow, missing the obvious, passive to everything Greason does behind her back... But all interpersonal interactions are unrealistic. And hardly acceptable. The supposedly big revelation was predictable (view spoiler)
Danielle (Danniegurl)
The conclusion to Cam’s story was very...telling and not showing. Very glossed over. I felt utterly rushed and confused sometimes while reading this one. Some of the thought processes were difficult to navigate especially when specific lead ups weren’t there. I like this series but apparently there’s a reading order about another character in the book. But it seems all the books are related someway.

I am interested in continuing with the series, but I think I’m going to take a break.

When we con
Deborah Wilcher
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I thought I had found a series i would enjoy!

I am sick, sick, SICK of these books that are all the same just somehow rearranged so you think this is good only to find it so some kind of sick zone they swim in with the big fish so they can pass off a book or 2 and end up with a mess. I enjoyed parts ,in a sick perverted way I guess but book 3 was just STUPID and I can deal with that unless at the end of the third book it ends on a note so far out of leftfield and then the author thinks that was t
Nora
Jul 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF: don’t know what happened with the story but instead of chasing the murderer it became more and more about the Pack/ being Alpha.

Feels almost like there was an indecision about whether to be a more investigative detective novel, like the first one, or more about the development of the romance and becoming part of the pack that started with the second novel. While still having to finish the overall story arc.

Personally I did not like her “she wolf” for she was Gemini; which I thought to be
Lady
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Pack To Call Their Own

This series must be read in order. It must be read after The Black Dog series and the book "Stone Cold Fox". The first book is "Dead In The Water". The second book is "Head Above Water". This is the third and final book. I can't wait to read "Fish Out Of Water"!

Cam is an anomaly. She is the only Gemini to ever survive the death of her twin. She is also the first Alpha of a Warg Pack along with her Warg mate Graeson. Now her cousin and her Aunt are missing... Taken by the
Natille
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Still going strong

Okay, so I had a feeling some things were gonna happen in this book but man it fooled me in its direction. That's good though. I like to be surprised. Cam's sister was a little shocking and traumatic. That definitely caused some emotional turmoil considering all the pain Cam has gone through over the loss of her sister, only to be opened up once again, and then really have the knife sink in at the end. Geez, give a girl a break. I'm still pretty impressed with this series and w
Aggis
A solid 4 star read and a good conclusion for Cammie.

I really liked the plot twists and the scenes with our pack - I did not love when the author decided to have our heroine travel alone without her best characters for a good chunk of the book.

I also found myself a bit jolted at the pacing of the relationship and was a bit bummed by the big moment between our H/h.

However those are all small nagging complaints and overall the book was a good read that kept me glued to the pages and I'm sad tha
Denise Belt
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Camille Ellis works for the Earthen Conclave, and is investigating a serial killer that drowns children. Camille is a Gemini twin who lost her twin at the age of 8. She is unique in the Gemini community and is punishing herself for not saving her sister by trying to save others. As her investigation continues, she meets a warg named Cord. As much as she’d like to resist Cord he keeps finding a way into her heart. When Cam meets Harlow, a mermaid she is not impressed. The more time she spends wit ...more
Donna
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good ending to Sam's story

Nicely paced final part to Cam's story. A significant surprise unfolds while she hunts for her missing Aunt and cousin. The support of the new pack is welcome to Cam. I liked Cam and Cord's relationship in this one They were true partners and family to each other. This book finds resolution to the serial killer and stalker plaguing Cam. The epilogue is a lead in for the next series. It is a teaser set-up for Del's story. IMO, not a cliffhanger. The narrator did a good j
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fates Entwined (Halven Rising, #2)
  • Fates Divided (Halven Rising, #1)
  • Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Broken (The Watcher Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadowed Blade (Colbana Files, #5)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand, #2)
  • Shadows & Surrender (The Jezebel Files #3)
  • Shades of Hate (Jacky Leon, #5)
  • Blade Song (Colbana Files, #1)
  • Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)
  • Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2)
  • Midnight Smoke (Firebrand, #3)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Echoed Defiance (Jacky Leon, #4)
Hailey Edwards writes about questionable applications of otherwise perfectly good magic, the transformative power of love, the family you choose for yourself, and blowing stuff up. Not necessarily all at once. That could get messy. She lives in Alabama with her husband, their daughter, and a herd of dachshunds.

Gemini (6 books)
  • Dead in the Water (Gemini, #1)
  • Head Above Water (Gemini, #2)
  • Promise the Moon (Lorimar Pack #1)
  • Wolf at the Door (Lorimar Pack, #2)
  • Over the Moon (Gemini #6)

News & Interviews

“Considering he was the one with a wild spirit, I got the feeling I was the one being tamed.” 2 likes
“Magic is in the blood, in the mind and in the heart.” 0 likes