Start by marking “La stagione del sangue” as Want to Read:
La stagione del sangue

La stagione del sangue

(Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #2)

In una bella mattina di sole, sulle sponde del fiordo a sud di Oslo, in una radura tra boschi accesi dai colori autunnali, viene trovato il cadavere di un'adolescente. È nuda, magrissima, distesa su un letto di piume. Intorno a lei una schiera di candele disposte a formare una stella a cinque punte. Non appena si trova davanti questa scena, Holger Munch, il capo dell'unità ...more
Hardcover, La Gaja scienza, 443 pages
Published April 28th 2016 by Longanesi (first published November 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about La stagione del sangue, please sign up.
Liz You have to order it from the UK to get the English Version if you want it now. It is titled, "The Owl Always Hunts At Night." It's a great follow up…moreYou have to order it from the UK to get the English Version if you want it now. It is titled, "The Owl Always Hunts At Night." It's a great follow up to his first book but I have to admit I loved "I'm Travelling Alone" just a bit more. Nonetheless, another fantastic read. I love this series.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Roxana Bociat The funeral was for Lindkvist, a detective and a good friend of Munch. The guy worked with Munch and was like a father to him.

Paromjit
This is dark and bleak Nordic noir set in Norway. It is the second in the Holger Munch and Mia Kruger series and the first I have read. It works reasonably well as a standalone. It begins with Tom Petterson, a botanist, discovering the dead body of a emaciated teenager. There are signs of rituals attached to the murder with the presence of a pentagon, owl feathers, candles, wig, a horse head tattoo and a flower in the mouth. Holger Munch is at his ex wife's home and reeling from the news that sh ...more
Maureen
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* Thank you to www.shotsmag.co.uk for my hardback copy for which I have given an honest & unbiased review*

Samuel Bjørk has created a dark and disturbing Nordic thriller, which ( though not fast paced or action packed ) still managed to fill the pages with a real chill factor, and a constant feeling of dread.

When a teenage girl is found dead in a forest clearing, in what appears to be a ritualistic killing, Holger Munch ( head of Oslo's homicide unit) and Detective Mia Krüger have virtually
Richard
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-series
I’m trying to be a bit selective with the crime series I follow. To only commit to those that start particularly strongly and then, to at least get beyond the first novel!
Hence, The Owl Always Hunts At Night, the second book by Samuel Bjork featuring detectives Munch and Krüger. I thoroughly enjoyed I Travel Alone and was looking forward to the second book in this dark, Nordic series.
Mia Krüger and Holger Munch come together again to solve another nasty, twisted murder. Krüger the inspired, now
Miriam Smith
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: twitter
"The Owl Always Hunts At Night" by Simon Bjork is the second in the Nordic Noir 'Munch/Kruger' police procedural series set in Norway and is a decent thriller and certainly worth a read.
The criminal element of the book was interesting to read and quite unique. It gathered pace towards the end and became quite compelling.
However, I did feel (in my opinion only) that too much time was spent on the two main characters emotional state of mind and this slightly detracted the story from the main plot
Irena
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I literally just finished this book and guys, it was disturbing.
Even sick in a way.
It was like watching a really good episode of Criminal Minds, but only with many more characters.

In fact, there were so many characters, that I had hard time keeping up with all of them.
I'm telling you, if this novel ever gets a movie adaptation, the number of characters will be cut in half (I mean, you have to pay all the actors, right?! ;) ).

But nevertheless, this was a great book that kept me on the edge of my
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
The Owl Always Hunts at Night is the sequel to I'm traveling Alone is just like the first book a great crime novel. Miriam Holger's daughter gets caught up with an animal rights activist group that will draw her away from her family and may put her in danger. Meanwhile, Holger and Mina try to find out who could have starved and killed a young girl and put her on a bed of feathers in the woods.

As with the first book did I listen to this one and I really love the Swedish audiobook version. The ne
Carolyn
This is a disturbing Nordic thriller featuring child abuse and ritualistic killing. When the body of a young woman is found posed in a strange position surrounded by owl feathers and candles in the woods outside of Oslo, Holger Munch (Head of Homicide) and Detective Mia Krüger suspect they are looking for a disturbed killer. The case becomes even more disturbing when one of their team finds video footage of the woman in captivity before her death on the dark web and they realise this is a killer ...more
Susan
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed “I’m Travelling Alone” by Samuel Bjork and was looking forward to reading the second novel featuring Holger Munch and Mia Kruger. When a botanist stumbles over a dead teenage girl in a forest clearing; posed in a pentagon, surrounded by feathers and with a white lily in her mouth, Munch is called to investigate the strange murder. This crime leads them to a local home for troubled children, where the girl was staying, and to crimes with their shadow in the past and yet links to ...more
Elaine
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
How come the titles of this series always sound so much more interesting than the mystery itself?

The Owl Always Hunts at Night brings back "formidable" investigators Munch and Kruger back together to investigate the death of a young girl from a home for troubled youth.

Her dead body is discovered posed in a ritualistic fashion and the team is further shocked when it turns out the young girl's captivity was streamed for sadistic billionaires who could afford it.

In the midst of this turmoil, Kru
Bill Lynas
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Norwegian detectives Holger Munch & Mia Kruger return for a second case in Samuel Bjork's latest thriller.
Like his previous crime story, I'm Travelling Alone, the characters are often more interesting than the investigation itself. Most of the story is well constructed, but one part of the plot is so implausibly similar to events in the previous novel that I found it very hard to suspend my disbelief. That aside, it's a very good read & I look forward to the next installment in the serie
Ingstje
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Owl Always Hunts at Night is the second novel by Norwegian author Samuel Bjork and my introduction to Holger Munch and Mia Kruger. This can be read as a standalone but there were quite a few references to Mia’s sister Sigrid who died in the first novel. Her death is something Mia still struggles to come to terms with, so maybe I did wish I read that one first even if it’s not a necessity.

I liked the two main characters, they’re both flawed and intriguing. Holger Munch is still struggling whe
Crime by the Book
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere between 3.5 - 4 stars for this read! While I didn't love it as much as Book 1 in the series (I'M TRAVELING ALONE), I still wholly enjoyed it. The case central to this story wasn't as compelling to me as the case in I'M TRAVELING ALONE - but it was awesome to be back in the world of these characters. Full review to come!
Wendy
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
***Actual rating 4.5 / 5***

After reading and reviewing the truly exceptional I’m Travelling Alone waaaay back in 2015 I have eagerly awaited the return of the homicide investigative team with their very private lives and ‘tells’ that manifest themselves when things aren’t going so well.

I’m thrilled to see Holger Munch back at the helm solving cryptic puzzles for fun, thoroughly embracing his grouchy-smoker-overweight side, and still in denial about his divorce from Marianne despite all the years
Inna
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: murhat, rikoskirjat
Oh no. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high again, because I enjoyed the first book of this series immensely. But this one, I just couldn't get a grasp on. The plot was a bit out there, especially when it seemed that the ending was told too quickly so I had trouble following who did what and who ran where. And the most annoying thing was the dialogues. Nobody seemed to be listening to the people they were talking with or generally paying attention, since everyone was constantly asking why? ...more
Colin Mitchell
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
Came across this Norwegian crime thriller by chance in my local bookshop and the introduction blurb took my eye. It was the best purchase that I have made for some time.

Quite dark it has the Holgar Munch, head of the homicide team and Mia Kruger, a dysfunctional detective addicted to alcohol and pills of various kinds, as the lead character. They left me frustrated and angry a lot of the time but I was unable to out it down and had to find out what had happened to the children sent to Australia
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With thanks to the publisher for the copy received.
I hadn’t read the previous book in the series, I’m Travelling Alone but I found I could easily read this without knowing any of the back story.
The small team of detectives are baffled by the murder of the young woman found in the countryside. Even though she is identified quickly enough they can’t work out why she was staged so elaborately or the conditions that she must have been kept in. Holger realises early in the investigation that his best
Cloak88
Really bad! 2 stars

Holger Munch and Mia Kruger are back gain for another investigation of another weird murder..... and yeah that is mostly background to all the drama of the main characters. Mia is still depressed and suicidal, Munch still has family issues and now even more drama arises from the rest of the investigative team.... oh and something about a murder.

If it sound like i didn't care for this novel you would be right. The plot is basically a rehash of the first novel and character arc
Marianna
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mr. Bjork , can you write more books please ?
Laura Rash
I liked the first in this series more. There’s just way too many details that it starts to get monotonous. Almost like reading a Lincoln Rhyme novel on steroids crossed with the Dragon Tattoo series.
Lo O'Neill
Oct 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I am almost finished I'm Travelling Alone and I am desperate to read more by Samuel Bjork!
Debby Hallett
Not as good IMO as the first in the series, but still OK. I thought there were too many characters that turned out to have nothing to do with the story. Like Isabelle the student with a crush on Paullus, who gets those mysterious notes? What happens with Miriam and Johannes vs Ziggy? Maybe it'll be continued in the next in the series.
Margaret
Jun 10, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The end of Holger and Mia for me! A bunch of mentally disturbed people moving around ! Some of them victims, some criminals, some police men and women, nobody "normal". If you are looking for a world of paranoia where the only reason of crime is madness look into the world of Samuel Bjorg!
Paul
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was with some enthusiasm that I came to be reading this book. I read Bjork's first outing I'm Traveling Alone awhile back And thoroughly enjoyed it. This time out Mia and Munch are on the hunt for a brutal killer who has stage what appears to be some sort of occult ritual for the police to find. With the effects of the previous book still ring in our hero's ears how would this second outing compare to it older sister?

Bjork's central heroes are a good pairing they work well off each other a
Janel
Jan 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - Firstly, the formalities – if you haven’t read book 1 in the series, can you read this one without feeling lost? A resounding yes, you get a substantial amount of information about the characters, while it doesn’t spoil the previous case, the opening of this book really brings you up-to-date with the lives of the characters. As the cases in each book are separate, this book can be enjoyed as a standalone, however, I highly recommend you read book 1 first because it’s awesome!

The plot
Rachel Hall
Having read and thoroughly enjoyed the rollercoaster ride of I'm Travelling Alone, the first in this Oslo based police procedural series, I was eager to see how the second novel would stack up. I'm Travelling Alone was an all-consuming read and despite some sloppy execution, a litany of characters and some random insights plucked out of thin air via a combination of pace, red herrings and two very distinctive lead characters is really did work a treat.

Six months after the conclusion of the firs
michelle
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have heard great things about the first book in the series I am travelling alone that I was looking forward to reading this. (I have I am travelling alone on my book shelf waiting to be read).

The story starts with a botanist stumbles over a dead girl in a forest. She lies naked in a pentagon surrounded by owl feathers. Holger Munch investigates and calls back colleague Mia Kruger to join the team. Mia is still hasn't got over her sister's death so was told that she can go back to work as long
Kira
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
A Penguin First to Read ARC e-book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was so disturbing.

Second in the Holger Munch and Mia Kruger series, I felt like I missed a lot of character development from not reading the first one. The plot itself though can be read as a standalone.

A young woman is found murdered in a ritualistic manner with no forensic evidence to be found. Mia is struggling with inner demons and Holger drags her back from death to work on the case.

There are no physical leads u
K.
Trigger warnings: murder, torture, suicide, animal death, alcohol abuse, death of a sibling (in the past), attempted suicide, drug abuse.

3.5 stars.

This...was kind of a weird book. I mean, I liked the mystery and the investigation stuff. The murder was creepy as hell and it kept me guessing. But at the same time, there were so many characters to keep track of and so many segues and so many moments of "..........wait what??" that I din't quite know how I felt about this.

Maybe it was because I d
Veronika
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, crime-thriller
This was pretty good book! Dark and twisted. I enjoyed how many possible suspects there was, and how nearly every single character in this book was somehow messed up. The darkness and cold of the Scandinavian winter were seeping out through the pages. And the ending was just right! Even though they caught the killer, there was no real happy end, which is fantastic!
Emily Crow
*Actual rating: 3.5 stars*

The story certainly kept my interest, but the plot seemed rather far-fetched and I didn't really connect with any of the characters. Still, rounding up to four stars as it was a very compelling read (or rather "listen," as I enjoyed it in audio format).
Thriller fans: Jaartrilogie 1: Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #2 25 25 Feb 26, 2019 02:40PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please, correct resume 3 13 Jun 08, 2018 04:27AM

• Sov du lilla videung (Rönning & Stilton, #4)
  • Andköf (Siglufjörður #5)
  • Blodtåke (Henning Juul #3)
  • Davidsstjärnor (Fredrika Bergman & Alex Recht #5)
  • Den som vakar i mörkret (Inspector Huss #9)
  • The Man in the Window
  • Utan eko (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #6)
  • Helvetesilden (Konrad Sejer, #12)
  • Dreamless (Odd Singsaker, #2)
  • Berättelse om herr Roos (Barbarotti #3)
  • Gengældelsen (Jensen & Sander #2)
Samuel Bjørk is the pen name of Norwegian novelist, playwright and singer/songwriter Frode Sander Øien.

Bjørk’s first installment in the Mia and Munch Series, I’m Traveling Alone, is an international success story that has gained critical acclaim and captivated readers all over the world, including hitting #1 on German newspaper Der Spiegel‘s bestseller list.

Samuel Bjørk has been compared to the li

Holger Munch & Mia Kruger (3 books)
  • I'm Traveling Alone (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger, #1)
  • Gutten som elsket rådyr (Holger Munch & Mia Kruger #3)