Start by marking “Power of Love (Book B!tches, #1)” as Want to Read:
Power of Love (Book B!tches, #1)

Power of Love (Book B!tches, #1)

Welcome to Mystic, Texas, where the past stays alive in more ways than one.

Vanessa Power, a budding Indie Romance author, believes the town is calling her name, being the new life and fresh start she’s craving. She’s met an amazing group of women who have a regular book club, reading only Indie Authors. Unfortunately, her new house is in worse shape than she thought and h
Published May 25th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Power of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power of Love

Jackie Fire and Ice Book Reviews (blog)
***A Fire and Ice Book Reviews ARC Review***

What a cute book about second chances..

I loved everything about this book.. The small town, The Book Bitches book club, the romance that grew between Vanessa and Linc.

This is a new series by Anne Conley, and I can not wait for the next book.

Two thumbs up Anne.. You nailed it again with another amazing book!!
Jessica  - Where the Bookends
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review ***

I've been in a bit of a book funk lately where nothing was grabbing or holding my attention, and I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to find book peace again. I didn't know what I wanted to read and nothing was hitting the spot. I came to a realization that I hadn't read any paranormal romances in quite some time. Then this book sort of just fell in my lap.

Power of Love has everything that I look for in a book. There is a bit o
Jess ~ A Taste of Sin
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
ARC Review for A Taste of Sin Book Blog

This is a fantastic new series from Anne Conley. This group of ladies, Book B!tches befriend Vanessa, the main character for this book, and take her into their book group. Line, the handy man sent to help Vanessa get her new house fixed up. This book is a great story of second chances, forgiveness and becoming part of a group of friends that will be there for a lifetime.

It’s a great mix of of these wonderful women coming together to bond into a friendship
Kaylee Nizza
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!!!!! Great story about second chances and mystery. I couldn't put the book down. I was so engrossed in the story. I love that everyone has a ghost and what certain ghost like to do. Some had me laughing. The characters are amazing. There is a twist at the end I didn't see coming at all. I highly recommend reading this book. I'm looking forward to reading more of this new series.
Mary Lou Hoffman
Title: POWER OF LOVE
Series: Book B!tches #1
Category /Genre: Contemporary Romance, Paranormal
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Grammar/editing: ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused
Received from: Anne Conley (for Beta reading)

This is the first in the Book B!tches series. They will need to be read in order, though there is no cliffhanger.

I love Vanessa. Like a lot of bookish people, she is a bit nervous about life. Still, she has made a tough decision – leaving her f
Sylvia
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC for a fair and honest review...

Wow...what a beginning to a series....to say I loved it would be an understatement!

Vanessa moves into a small town called Mystic....she bought ( sight unseen) a house in quite disrepair, but she fell in love with it right away. Needing supplies she heads to the town hardware store where she meets a gal named Sam... When Vanessa told her where she moved into, Sam told her that her brother Linc was a handy man and could help her..... There was an
Mandie Trahan
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Received ARC for honest review. ~~~~

Anne Conley did not disappoint. I love Vanessa and Linc. I love the book club- I want to join. Ha. I would enjoy living in a town where ghosts are welcomed, accepted, and expected. I enjoyed the tension between the two of them in the beginning. I can't even fathom a sexy carpenter working in my house with his shirt off. I love the mystery to the series. This book has a lot of forgiveness and love. The power of love is strong.
I did not like how it ended and le
Konny
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Power of Love is the first book in the Book B!tches series by Anne Conley.
Vanessa, a indie author begins a fresh start in Mystic , Texas.
She meets a group of women who have a book club .
Her house is in bad shape and theres a handyman.
Linc , a ex-con, is captivated by Vanessa.
They are both looking for a new start. Will they get her HEA?

I really liked Vanessa and her new friends are fantastic. And Linc, oh Linc. Hes so Hot and theres this spark between them.

Its a great story about second chanc
Amber R Polk
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read-list
I really enjoyed this book and so excited for what will be to come in this series.
Vanessa moves to Mystic, TX to start over and finds herself enjoying the present and past residents of the cozy town. A group of women, called the Book B!tches, instantly make her one of their own and help her along the way. She is a likable character who knows what she wants (Linc) and goes for it. And with a guy like Linc, who wouldn't?
It is a great story about finding independence, learning to forgive (even if
Jacinda Owen
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new Anne Conley series is the best news ever! Book one was held at a high standard by me since I love Conley's work and I was not disappointed! Vanessa and Linc are a perfect match looking for a new beginning. As she starts a new life, in a new town, she meets an awesome set of friends after joining a book club. I can't wait to see what book two holds.
Becca
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So this was totally and completely an unexpected wow for me. I did not expect this to be supernatural, twists and turns that had me like no freaking way, and the ending totally pisses me off. Cuz it's basically my bed time and I need to know what happens now. LOL
PelicanFreak
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cover:
Editing/proofing:
Seems professional, only a few errors noticed.

Formatting:
Absolutely gorgeous! If only every book were this pretty.

Character development:
So much fun! I like Vanessa and her house- yes her house- is its own character, I think- immediately. All of the book b!tches are great, I related to them all. The town itself is another character and I quickly fell in love with the small-town vibe. There are characters to loathe, characters to root for, and characters whose books I think
Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-bbb
As shown on Books and Boys Book Blog.

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I began to read ’Power of Love’ by Anne Conley as I was going in blind without reading the blurb first. Imagine my surprise when things took a bit of a paranormal twist as well as having a murder mystery, love triangle with a bunch of romance reading book bitches. Wow, this was so much more than I thought it was going to be and for a first time reader of Anne Conley I was thoroughly impressed, 4 stars.

Although this had a lot
D Nixon
Apr 11, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Start with I love Anne Conley

To start with I know im in the minority and im sorry but I wanted to give my honest opinion of this book and its charecters One of my biggest book NoNos is the hero messing around with another female after meeting heroin. I don't want to read about him having sex with someone else. I'm ok with him having a past and even being a man wh*r* in said past but I want to focus on Linc and Van not Linc and the town sl*t. I also couldn't get over how he could hurt her that wa
Ruth Elaine
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of the Book Bitches series. Y Anne Conley. I was not sure if I’d like it since I’m not really into the whole supernatural/far/shifter/whatever else type books/stories. Well, this one, although it had ghosts in the story, was really enjoyable!
This is Linc and Vanessa’s story.
She bought a house out in the middle of nowhere’s-ville and next to the towns prison.
Vanessa is an indie author, who is befriended by a book group, known as the Book Bitches. Linc’s sister is in the bo
Stephanie
So this rating scales doesn't allow for halves, or I would give this book a 3.5. The" Power of Love" is a good rainy day read. Anne Conley knows how to write a steamy scene. I definitely enjoyed the book as a quick and enjoyable read. However, there were a few things that stopped this book from being a non-stop read for me. In quite a few points in this book the author tending to tell rather than "show" us what was going on. It put a redundancy that drew me away from the story itself. While I en ...more
Cathy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this series because of another series written by this author. Anne was a brand new to me author who wrote a book for another's Kindle World. It was love at first read. I have read most (if not all) of her books now. I love them all especially Pierce Securities (the one I started on) and this one.

I can not say what I love so much about this book. I am not usually big on paranormal or second chances yet I loved this. The paranormal wasn't a huge part of the book and it made sense and ulti
Georgina
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
It was ok. There was so much going on with the town where ghosts thrive and a ghost attached to each person or their house in the town. Their was also the aspect of the missing girl and outcome of what happened to her. Not only the ghost in Vanessa new house, but the doll that kept reappearing after being thrown away. Vanessa and Linc had a few life battles to overcome, but Linc was too weak for me. He was a good guy and protected Vanessa when necessary, but how he never trusted her and kept goi ...more
Elise Widrig
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot, hot, HOT!!!!! Such a good book and it wasn't just romance, there was a ton of creepy stuff that happened in it as well. And can I say, cliffhanger????!!!!!!! This book centers around a woman named Vanessa and her love interest Linc. Tons of heart breaking things took place, but I don't want to give it away. If you are looking for a book with romance, thriller, and maybe a little creepy, this is THE book!!! Cannot wait to read the next one.
Cheryl Welch-Keene
More please, now!

OMG! I fell in love with Mystic, TX at the beginning and it followed all through the book.
Starting over, being independent, and being away from family and friends resonates in my life. Vanessa is the kind of woman I want to be.
I was worried, scared, giggled, gasped, fell in love, and fought right along with the characters.
You really need to read this series.
Lisa Seely
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was a little hesitant going into this book because of ghosts and such but LOVED it. Now I’m off to get the 2nd book. Linc and Vanessa worked hard to get their relationship to work, but it was worth it.
Leigh Robbins
Had so much fun reading this book, Vanessa and Linc are great characters who are searching for something important without even realizing it. I fell in love with the whole crazy town of Mystic and the book bitches! Highly suggested read, you won't be disappointed.
Linda James
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great mystery with hot guys and hotter sex. Love the characters. Hard to put this one down. Definitely bought the whole series.
Olivia Hardin
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic mix of romance and ghost-story

Loved every moment of this book. Absolutely loved the love story between vanessa and Linc. Can't wait to read more Anne Conley.
Linzi Baxter
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anne Conley sucked me into the story and I found myself saying one more chapter until I reached the end.
The BookAddict Mom
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Power of Love by Anne Conley was so much fun! Take the small town of Mystic, Texas where there is so much history and everyone appears to have a ghost, add a book club filled with a group of colorful characters plus a sexy handyman with a past and you have the perfect combination for a good read. Can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series!
Sue
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first in a series and strongly shows how love and loss affects us. Undeniable chemistry, steamy sex scenes, death and even ghosts make this a fantastic story of the war we wage inside and how love can make it worth it. Linc and Vanessa are a great start to a series I can't wait to sink my teeth into!!!
Lornajean(Nutnut1) Ford
A really interesting read was a bit sceptical
At first with some of the goings on . but you actually grow to
Love the story because of them .bought this book as I got the second book as an ARC I felt I needed to read it in order. Glad us did
Tami czenkus
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Power of Love by Anne Conley is an extremely unique story that evoked every emotion I have inside of me.
Definitely a must read and it introduces you to an entire cast of character that you can't help to fall in love with them and their camaraderie.
The story line grabs you from the very beginning and keeps you hanging on throughout the entire story. Greed, Betrayal and lust are on overload and that doesn't even include the otherworldly entities that make their appearance known. very well done and
Wit & Wonder Books
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Although thi
Anne has written her entire life and has the boxes of angst-filled journals and poetry to prove it. She’s been writing for public consumption for the past several years. She lives in rural East Texas with her husband and children in her own private oasis, where she prides herself in her complete lack of social skills, choosing instead to live with the people inside her head.

Currently, she has five