Start by marking “Parisian Nights (Nights, #1; Lightning, #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Parisian Nights (Nights, #1; Lightning, #1-3)

Parisian Nights

(Nights #1)

The moment I laid eyes on the new photographer at work, I had his number. Cocky, arrogant and super wealthy—women were eating out of his hand as soon as his tight ass crossed the threshold of our office.

When we were forced to go to Paris together for an assignment, I wasn’t interested in his seductive smile, his sexy accent or his dirty laugh. I wasn’t falling for his char
Published May 11th 2016 (first published May 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Parisian Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parisian Nights

Start your review of Parisian Nights (Nights, #1; Lightning, #1-3)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

[image error]
★★★★ ½! Parisian Nights, book 1 of 3. Paired to do an assignment two opposite attract for a night of kink in Paris they must forget!

“We’re crazy for each other, and I’m hard as a rock for you.”

Previously released as separate novella serials, about 3 different couples, the full length box sets have been combined to a new series, Nights.

Books in the Nights series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: Parisian Nights (Previously Lightning,
nicklein
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
You had me at Paris.
Jamie  Leigh
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
great story. loved the characters. I can't wait to read their stories!
Jenna
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I am reading this author and I really enjoyed it! I’m a little confused on if this is a series or it was a series and now she combined them? I’m not sure but it did not end on a cliff hanger. It was completed in my opinion.
You get to meet Haven and Jake in this book that is set in the UK. They are working on a project for work and you are able to go on their journey of trying to find love. There are Lots of ups and downs for this couple so you need to read it to find out i
JC
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is not like the authors first serial... The writing is incomplete feeling and a bit immature for late 20 something's. No laughs either. I found the story predictable and boring. The dialogue much the same. I'll probably give the author another try at some point because I really enjoyed her previous serial.
Athena
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**PART 1**

What the lightning sees……...is………….

……..Haven and Jake...Jake and Haven…

The minute I found out about this new series by Louise Bay I got excited. I got extremely excited, because I knew this would be epic. The Empire State Trilogy was absolutely amazing, so this new series from Louise had to be amazing, as well.

And judging by the first book, I was right!

And I love it when I am right!!

Let’s start with the characters..

Haven is such a fun character! I loved reading about her, loved readin
Francoise
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads
4 Stars !

Parisian Nights, previously titled« What The Lightning Sees #1-3 », is a beautiful and engaging enemies to lovers story, with a balanced mix of funny interactions , angst and sexy moments.

Haven Daniels’ focus is on her career as editor of the UK’s premier woman’s magazine. She is not pleased when she is paired with photographer Jake Harrison for a celebrity interview. Jake is everything she despises, or so she thinks. She sees him as a spoiled, entitled rich guy, who got the job thank
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Louise Bay that hasn't be said before? And the best part, she really deserves all the praise. Louise is a brilliant writer and I'm glad that I have been lucky enough to read all her works. Parisian Night is absolutely stunning!

Jake is a walk wet dream. He's not just rich, but smart and witty. He's a talented photographer but just does that for fun. There is so much more to him, but he only shows that to a select few.

Haven is very prim and proper at work, so much so that no r
A little birdie told me...
Hey, remember what I said about formulaic romances in my review of Not You, It's Me? This is yet another seemingly popular romance that follows the format. The diff between that book and this one is wishy-washy characters. Additionally, the added elements of the awkward BDSM scenes seemed forced and unnecessary and way out of character for the hero, Jake.

I feel like ranting for a second. I liked the FSOG series when it hit the scene 4 or so years ago. I didn't love it, but I will admit I liked
She's a Lip Biter
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Louise Bay and while it didn't make me have crazy feels or anything it was still good. Jake and Haven are co-workers who are thrown together to complete a large project. The author takes you on their journey to find love. There are ups and downs in the book in their relationships, with each other and the secondary characters. You get some drama, some love and even a little bit of BDSM. The characters are well written and easy to fall in love with. They are opposites in ...more
Tracey
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really heavy souls that lighten each other

Jake and Haven have both had such hard, tragic younger years that both have developed hard shells around their true selves. This trilogy showed the beauty that lightened their souls when they opened up to each other and found their hea's.
Donna Mcaleer
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What the Lightning Sees

Loved this story! What an epic love affair! Just loved Jake and Haven together, loved their interaction with each other and their close little families. This is a great story, worth the read. Now on to Ash and Luke's story.
Nina ~ Valentine PR & Literary Managment
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Live on Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1T8O4u1

I looooved this book so much!!! I am in love with books that take place in the UK and this book ticked off all romance tropes that I love!! Jake and Haven were such an amazing couple...and oh so sexy!!!

Definitely one not to miss!!!
Amy
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all your series!!! Keep up the good work Louise!!
Casey
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

PART 1:
What the Lightning Sees Part One by Louise Bay was fantastic! I loved this first installment to her new novella series, and I honestly can't wait for more! Since this is the first part of three in the series, there is a cliffhanger. The ending left me wanting more, and I cannot wait for Part 2. I am so glad that I read this installment, even knowing that I have to wait for more, as I absolutely loved Jake and Haven together!

When Haven
Bookabulary
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have been totally remiss from my reading duties in 2018 that I decided to at least finish the books I have started mid-year during the holidays. Now I just need the reviews to be up.

Now, I had high hopes for this (for its series really) because I have loved the LB books that I have read before. Not only that, but also because the main characters in this book seemed normal--there's too many billionaires and the rich and the famous around for me to want some fresh air. But as it turned out, I di
mikaela
Jan 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
i'm a louise bay fan, but it was so hard to finish this book. i usually finish her novels in 1 day, but this took me almost a week. i just wanted to finish it just to get it over with. what didn't i like about this story? i hated both jake (or harry) and haven. they had no chemistry at all and more importantly as individuals. haven was a constant whiner playing the "woe is me" card and crying most of the time. no wonder it's hard for her to find love. she is too sensitive. as for jake, wow! he j ...more
Lizs.book.nook ||Elizabeth||
This book was utterly fantastic!

Louise Bay writes so flawlessly. She wraps you in a blanket of words that leave you breathless. This story elicited every emotion out of my body. From happiness and love, to anger and sadness, to apprehension and desire. This story kept me on my toes from page one until the very last word. I was hooked on Haven and Jake’s story.
Their journey was nothing short of passionate, but it was certainly not without its struggles. They both had obstacles within themselves
Bellereader
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haven and Jake's journey to their HEA is frought with misunderstandings and so much drama. Haven is so smart, talented, and funny - she seems to have be so self assured. But underneath her tough exterior she hides away her insecurities of not feeling attractive and being socially awkward and not being able to hold a guys attention. Jake didn't realize that he was missing out on something great until he meet the sassy and saucy Haven. He knows that her walls are high and that will take a lot to s ...more
Becky
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Haven and Jake's story. After reading Hopeful and Faithful this feels more like the Louise Bay of the Duke of Manhattan and related volumes. I see her writing evolving and I love it. Jake (who also goes by Harry) and Haven both have hurt in their background so needless to say their romance takes a while to come together. But when it does it's sweet and beautiful and we're glad that they hook up!

Question, does Harry appear in one of Louise Bay's earlier books as a dinner guest who talks about hav
Ofelia
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Haven and Jake might not get along at the beginning but the attraction that they share more then makes up for that. Haven might have trouble letting people in and could get annoying at times when Jake fought for them all the time but when she did let him in the sparks that flew between Jake and her were off the charts. I loved reading Parisian Nights and can't wait to read the next book from the Nights series.
Leigh Lennon
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story of a quirky girl and man who made himself something from the ground up. As they both meet, Jake and Haven both have a different view of what each other are. Haven thinks he is a trust fund baby and Jake thinks she is quirky(which she is). He soon finds out that there is more to Haven than he thought as they spend a night of Passion in Paris. This book lends into the next book, Promised Nights; Ash and Luke's story.
Rodz Mac
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it
I picked this book when I found an audiobook in my file and because of Paris setting. However I almost "did not finish" this because of the ex-gf drama that was dragged through a couple of chapters. It was maddening! So I simply flipped over pages towards the end so when I start the book of Luke & Ash I won't stumble any spoilers though nothing there to spoil at all. The Other woman drama ruined this book for me. I never really like it(OW drama) or any triangle angle. ...more
R
Aug 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-fin
I hate when women are constantly referred to as "bitches"

I hate when authors write their female characters as aloof and unfeminine until a man can come along and "fix" them

the unbelievability of the office environment and interviewing process pulled me out of the story

the annoying "other woman" starlet had me grinding my teeth

so I gladly quit 20 pages in
Rosemary Hughes
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The old adage "That the road of true love never runs smooth", could be the plot for this book. One incident after another pulls a couple, who appear to be made for each other, apart. That is what a good fictional tale is all about, having the reader forever guessing what will happen next.
Yes, an enjoyable experience.
Rosemary Hughes
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this under the title "Parisian Nights".
Yes, an enjoyable experience.
Holly Bargo
DNF: Too much angst

If you like angst and a heroine whose incurable insecurities manifest as giant presumptions and sheer bitchiness, then you'll like this book. It's well-written and the editing is superb, so no complaints there. The hero is an appealing character. I just can't stand the heroine.
Deanna Walker
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the cover!!! It's so beautiful in her of Paris...I really love the new author and this is my first series of this book.

I really enjoyed reading about Jake and Haven ( love that name!)..I'm looking forward to read another series about Asheligh and Luke so should be an interesting read..
Kinga Abigel Szabo
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I really enjoyed reading it guys. I love how Louise Bay writes. This was so relaxing and fun, and although I understood the characters reasoning I really wanted to slap some sence in them, so there was a bit of suspance as I waited for them to come together.. Because I saw right through Millie.
Rachel Snushall
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant!

Louise Bay is such a talented writer. I was completely gripped by the story of Jake and Haven and the passion they shared.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wicked Secret (Wicked Horse Vegas, #7)
  • Mr. Match (Mister, #5)
  • One Click Love (Hot in the City #2)
  • Mr. Romantic (Mister, #2)
  • Mr. Mysterious (Mister, #4)
  • One Day
  • Inappropriate
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Filthy Rich (Filthy Rich, #1)
  • When We Fall (When I Break, #3)
  • When I Surrender (When I Break, #2)
  • Bossy Brit
  • When I Break (When I Break, #1)
  • This Is Crazy (This is, #1)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet Duet, #2)
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #2)
  • Red Hot Rival
USA Today bestselling author, Louise Bay writes sexy, contemporary romance novels - the kind she likes to read. Her next release will be Mr. Knightsbridge on July 7th.

Ruined by bonk-busters and sexy mini-series of the eighties Louise loves all things sexy and romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so she disappears into the fictional worlds in books and films.

Louise loves the rain, the We

Nights (3 books)
  • Promised Nights (Nights, #2; Calling Me, #1-3)
  • Indigo Nights (Nights, #3)