Start by marking “Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales” as Want to Read:
Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales

Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales

“What a flabbergastingly delightful series of events! Where ever to begin?”

Experience the endlessly imaginative world of Jim Henson’s Labyrinth through the eyes of its most fantastical and beloved characters! Witness a day in the life of Sir Didymus, the recklessly heroic fox-terrier; Ludo, the lovable oaf; Hoggle, an ever loyal companion; and others as they play games
Published September 27th 2016 by Archaia

To ask other readers questions about Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jim Henson's Labyrinth Tales

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance
There is not much I can say about a 48 p. graphic novel. Except....the illustrations are whimsically beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous to look at. Fantastic and mythical ♡
Chessa
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddos
It was so lovely to revisit one of my absolutely favorite fictional worlds. The art is magnificent. My only complaint is that it was far, far, far too short. But the spirit of the world and characters was spot on. ❤❤❤ ...more
orangerful
FYI - this is merely a reprint of the 'Labyrinth' stories printed for Free Comic Book Day over the years. It is a nice edition for collector's of 'Labyrinth' but really not much in the storytelling front and will probably mean nothing to you if you are not familiar with these characters.

An extra star for the really nice artwork.
Maria
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute, super short.
FabulousRaye
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Art is beautiful. Stories are too simplistic and juvenile for me.
Katherine
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
How can you not love this book? Jim Henson's The Labyrinth is one of the best movies (R.I.P. David Bowie) and this beautifully illustrated book captures the movie well. I wish it had a plot and wasn't so 'coffee-table-ish'.
Jeremy
Jun 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
Interview with Cory.
Jeff
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A too-short visit with some favorite characters.
Quirkyreader
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hurrah for this book. Now I can enjoy the stories over and over again and not have to worry about destroying my comics.
Michelle
Nov 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brought me back to my childhood. This was the best 80's movie. So memorable.
J.N.
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge Labyrinth fan so when I saw this cute looking book being published, I immediately pre-ordered it.

Plot:

The story is divided into three parts where different characters have adventures and meet up with other characters. I think my favorite was Ludo's though they were all cute.

Setting:

I adore the Labyrinth and the setting looks just like the movie in illustrated form.

Characters:

I pretty much love all of the characters from Labyrinth and they were pretty/>

Reading Bifrost
Unfortunately if you’re looking for a book of ‘tales’ from the Labyrinth as the title suggests, this book isn’t it. This picture book contains three short stories, Sir Didymus’ Grand Day, Wisdom & Idioms, and Stone Cold.

Sir Didymus’ Grand Day is just a journal entry from Sir Didymus in which he meets up with other Labyrinth characters through the day. Nothing really happens. Wisdom & Idioms was my favorite of the stories, but it’s still too simple and not much of a “tale”. Th
Angie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
My Review: I searched long and hard for this book and paid far too much for it, all because I read a short that was included in a bind up from Free Comic Book Day. I was so excited after reading that one short that I had to have this one. Sadly, I should have stuck with just reading that one short, it had a more complete story and substance than this book did. This was so short and it only briefly introduced us to 3 of the characters without really having any kind of story line. The one thing it does h ...more
Nicola
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I felt like this really missed the mark. I love The Labyrinth and it's one of my favourite movies of all time but this simply doesn't have the cross-generational appeal of something like Terry Pratchett's 'Wheres my cow?'

The book only works if you're a fan of the movie and is probably intended more as a gift for adults. It's a nice momento but likely to end up under the coffee table. The erudite humour, language, and vignettes do not appeal to pre-schoolers and it doesn't work as a p
Sean Day
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Reading level: 4.5

Summary: This story is a fun addition to Jim Henson's 80's movie: Labyrinth. Supporting characters are developed through valor, gallantry, chivalry, tests of wit, and jokes. Idioms help experience the adventures.

Genre: Graphic Novel

Mentor Writing Traits: Presentation and voice create the world of fantasy and adventure through colorful and creative art and dialogue through word-bubbles.

Classroom Integration: It would be fun for stu
Dragan Nanic
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful wonderful treat! I was so happy to find this book in my favorite bookstore in Amsterdam (ABC) for Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies and I listened to Bowie's score numerous times.

As they said in the movie: Should you need us...

I definitely need to pass this characters to my daughter and to get her to know the amazing world of Jim Henson as something totally different then today's CGI.
David L.
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book that is more picture book than story book. There are three stories that focus on Sir Didymus, The Wiseman and his bird head, and Ludo. It may be a good way to introduce kids to the movie. But it will also bring back good memories for those of us that were kids when the movie was originally released.
Andrea Johnston
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan girl of The Labyrinth, this book was so wonderful! The artwork was absolutely spot-on and I found the stories very true to the world that Jim Henson originally imagined. This is a lovely addition to any Labyrinth fan's collection and is especially perfect for adult fans who want to bring the magic of the movie to their children.
Samantha
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, turns out I already read all these in the 30th anniversary special. But they're still cute stories with good illustrations. Actually, I think these were my 3 favorites from the special because of the illustrations.
Miss Sarah
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure I know Labyrinth enough to understand this three tale collection told in a semi graphic novel form. Preschool and older.
Shawn
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved seeing all these characters again but I was left wanting more. There really wasn't much to these stories at all.
Saskia_madding
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The stories were cute, but the 4 stars is really for the artwork. I was VERY impressed by the free flowing nature of the lines and the gorgeous colours. <3
Lindsey
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable! Three cute stories with wonderful illustrations. Made me smile!
TJ Lawrie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short but brilliant.
Candra Hodge
Adventure required

The illistartions were great. The storylines were cute but could have been more adventurous. The characters did seem true to the movie counterparts
Tara
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute collection of stories about the characters from the movie. Beautifully illustrated.
Elaine White
Gorgeous illustrations and a fun few tales of adventure, with all the characters I loved the most. Fantastic for any Labyrinth fan.
Ben Stoutenburgh
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Beautiful artwork, very little story though
Pam
May 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paper, 2017
Just a series of pretty pictures. There is no story to speak of at all.
Boukje

• Ojingogo
  • Changing Woman and Her Sisters: Stories of Goddesses from Around the World
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Sugar Cane: A Caribbean Rapunzel
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Spectrum 18: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 3
  • Mythical Beasts: An Artist's Field Guide to Designing Fantasy Creatures
  • Steampunk: An Illustrated History of Fantastical Fiction, Fanciful Film and Other Victorian Visions
  • Moon
  • Magic Knight Rayearth II, Boxed Set (Magic Knight Rayearth II, #1-3)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 5 (A Bride's Story, #5)
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 2
  • Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Coronation #1
  • Walt Disney's Alice in Wonderland
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 7 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #7)