Start by marking “UDL Now!: A Teacher's Guide to Applying Universal Design for Learning in Today's Classrooms” as Want to Read:

In this revised and expanded edition of UDL Now! Katie Novak provides practical insights and savvy strategies for helping all learners meet high standards using the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL). UDL is a framework for inclusive education that aims to lower barriers to learning and optimize each individual's opportunity to learn. Novak shows how to use ...more
Published September 1st 2016 by CAST Professional Publishing

To ask other readers questions about UDL Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about UDL Now!

Tesha  Fritz
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gives teachers a clear view of UDL and tons of practical examples. I love how the evidence is intertwined with research to give you motivation and logic in one strong dose to get you moving foward! If you are a UDL junkie, or just UDL curious this is the book for you.
Jennifer Margeson
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winthrop
very helpful textbook as a pre-service teacher - I am very intrigued and would hope to incorporate all the UDL principles in my lessons. A bonus - my Technology in Education professor, who recently was nominated for an award at Winthrop, wrote part of the text!
Corey
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but found I utilize many of the ideas and have many of the mindsets. I learned some new things that I am excited to share, but this book is very beginner udl.
Jess
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked the classroom examples. Some of the ideas seem far fetched based on reasonable resources. Overall, the book had solid information and was easy to understand.
Cheryl
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A lot of common sense, good teaching strategies. If you are using best practices in your classroom , you are probably already using many of these techniques.
Jill Bless
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great resource for teachers! Practical ideas to create an environment for all children to learn how to learn.
Paigewest
Oct 12, 2018
Mckaye
Dec 04, 2018
Caitlyn
Apr 06, 2017
Angela
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Another professional text that got me thinking about what/how/why I do things in my classroom. UDL has so much potential in the classroom. I really like the fact that the emphasis is on the student and helping the students to step up to the expectations rather than. adjusting the expectations. learning is not meant to be easy but that's when students are more likely to learn.
Erica
Caitlin
Oct 09, 2017
Joseph J
Dec 15, 2018
Katie Novak, Ed.D. is an internationally renowned education consultant as well as a practicing leader in education as an Assistant Superintendent of Schools in Massachusetts. With 15 years of experience in teaching and administration, an earned doctorate in curriculum and teaching, and 4 books published by CAST Professional Publications, Katie designs and presents workshops both nationally and int ...more